aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
sailstud25 wrote:yes, it is... while at it, vote for the batter too! (see the plug for Patchitech in my sig...)
good luck aerodino!

Maybe your guy hit this ball - good luck to you, too.

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Re: The First Cow Tipper

WOOHOO!!!! 1825CST my vote just put this shirt back into the fog. good work cho

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Re: katasplosion

*giggles* excellent tribute to one of the most silly addicting games ever, I own them all

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
macntosh wrote:Wow it's 525 right now. if I remove a vote and add a vote I put you in and out of the fog.

Wooo hoo back to the fog!

johnnybw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybw00t
johnnybw00t wrote:brilliant design chap!

THIS IS FREAKEN GOOD MY MAN OF ART

scotishstriker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotishstriker

best shirt in the derby

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
AttilaTheMom wrote:Gosh I like this shirt. If I ever get off my butt and do my fav's post this week this one will def be in it. Beautiful style you got there. Maybe if there was a saddle on that there rocket people wouldn't be so quick to see sexual innuendos where none were intended. Or not. In any case, you do great work, hope to see more from you. (Have you considered submitting a daily design?)

I've not heard of daily design. I would be interested in hearing more about it. is there a link to the information about that? thanks a lot for liking this design so much

superfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superfox

Who thinks of this stuff? This is great. I love how you made the thumbnail--it forced me to click and see what this 'lil guy was all about.

Great work. I'd buy it.

Sachmoe64

Stuntdummy wrote:Pervert.

nice stuntdummy... thanks a lot

Sachmoe64

Seattlejo wrote:Please don't give up. and please print the king in 60 days :-)

thanks seattlejo for not wanting me to quit. I do wish the king would print too.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
mia3mom wrote: when this was rejected for being off-topic, you could have chosen to redesign it and make the movement clearer. You chose to debate the rejection, and afaik no one has successfully appealed a rejection.

Regardless of the on-topic status, you will find that most artists/designers and voters prefer to see original art as opposed to clip art, regardless of the legality. You can see the Rejectionator's opinion about clip art on [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13282}this derby entry[/url].

rres wrote:Thank you as well for supporting me. As you can cleary read and comprehend, they were tired of seeing the same old monkey 5 weeks in a row. They then specifically requested new clip art.

If it was truly banned for being clip art, then the other previous 4 weeks would have been rejected and they were not.

I never debated the rejection, just the reasoning for it. If they said they were banning all clip art then so be it. but to say this entry doesnt reflect motion...well I mean really, come on.

I'm sorry you misunderstood. I wasn't supporting you. I don't think it reflects motion, because there is no clear motion. It looks more like a game of freeze tag where the kids are frozen in place.

Plus, I don't like the use of clip-art in derbies. My designs might not be perfect, but at least they are original. Woot has rejected a lot of clip art, so I would suggest entering original art.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

hootowls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hootowls
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

I was really sad this didn't win the other derby. It kind of reminds me of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I really don't know why.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: katasplosion

Alright! Thanks everyone for the sudden love of katamari!

RussianPhysicsGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RussianPhysicsGuy
SoupRKnowva wrote:until i saw this shirt i hated the theme of the derby this week cause no one had any cool entry's but yours is freakin awesome love it!!

yay! get your friends to vote!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Sachmoe64 wrote:I've not heard of daily design. I would be interested in hearing more about it. is there a link to the information about that? thanks a lot for liking this design so much

Information about daily designs can be found on the What is Woot page.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
mjc613 wrote:It's a hard job herding cats, but this herd is moving up slowly but surely. When they get to your town, hide your yarn and poultry, so the critters won't get distracted....

Thanks mjc for your support on this one! It's a phrase I grew up with, and I enjoyed attempting to illustrate it.

It's getting late, but there's still time for votes of encouragment . I know there's at least a handful of people for whom this would be "perfect" considering their managerial positions.... I'll try to do something with this sometime in, oh, say about 60 days.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who's never heard the phrase -- I'm wondering if it's as universal as I thought, or is it just me and about 250 (and counting) of my closest friends?

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan

what happened to THECHOBOMB account? or was that just a one time thing?

c0wb0ybeb0p20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c0wb0ybeb0p20
Re: city in motion

I really really like this

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Turtle Rage

Very bright, colourful, and fun. The art is also smooth and clean.. well-done! =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

mia3mom

Re: Shell Powered

yay! more turtles!

after a HUGE vet bill for our #2 dog, (we have 3), I told my daughter the closest she was getting to a turtle as a pet was one on a t-shirt. So I'll vote for cute turtle shirts!

mia3mom

Re: Spring Means Face Planting

SkekTek wrote:So, do people like this better, or the orange one? Voting aside...

I like the orange better myself. it feels more like he fell on something hard - the green feels like he fell onto grass.

very cool concept, either way. were you inspired by your own experience, or did you see someone face plant recently?

MarbleBoats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarbleBoats

I really, really hope this wins. Kudos to you. If this bad boy makes it into the top three, I'm definitely buying one.

irthesteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irthesteve
Re: To the Top

slavery rocks!

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Re: IRON MAN

May 2nd!

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
eHalcyon wrote:I'm afraid the Greek symbols on the guy's arm and the girl's shirt count as text. You should resub without them!

that's absurd.

kylcom2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylcom2000
Re: IRON MAN

this is pretty cool. good call. thinking ahead.

philiph7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages philiph7
eHalcyon wrote:It would probably work better if you took out the grass background, i.e. only have the backflipping figure.

Thank you both (the above two) for the advice. I'm new to this and can use the tips. I re-made the shirt without the grass. I know it's way too late to win this derby, but I figure the practice will do me some good. Besides, if those of the woot running nature like a shirt, I'm sure they could pick it to print later. Not to imply that it's that good, but a guy can dream.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
enin wrote:muchas gracias, squid

was pretty happy with this one
but seems to be stuck in the middle

I know Overall this derby has seen some really impressive entries.

mooseattacktyler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooseattacktyler
skibbereengirl wrote:I really love this shirt. Wish more people would vote for it. Maybe you can resubmit down the road sometime, I would vote again for it for sure.

yeah man keep submitting this, I REALLY want it

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: Dive!

Beautiful shirt.

wettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wettoad
stargrey wrote:Sorry, jerky, you clearly have no idea who I am. We have 11 wonderful greyhounds sound asleep on various sofas and beds (including our bed) as I type this and not one in a racing kennel. I have also been involved in over 200 adoptions over the past decade.

Also, your "75%" stat is so far from the truth that I almost didn't bother replying to you. You must be one of those anti-racing freaks that just love to spread misinformation. Heck, even the formal anti-racing organizations would never exaggerate that badly, so your creditability is shot.

And if you would've bothered to actually look at the flickr pool, genius, you would've seen pictures like this:

I figure you're one of those people who would never let a dog on the couch - after all, you think you're so much better than everyone and everything else. Know what it takes for a dog to sleep belly-up? Comfort in their environment!

Want to see real love for a greyhound? Here's a video my wife put together of our first couple of years together. (I posted it over a year ago, so it's not like we went out and did this to make a point. Our point was already made!) Watch this and then tell me you know sh*t about me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q2N2UQ0Qjmw

My apologies for misjudging you as your comment about racing and having 11 greyhounds lead me to believe you were, in fact, an owner of greyhounds for profit. You are correct tat I was being a jerk for assuming the worst, and I am sorry for that. My wife and I have fostered for 15 years and have four hounds of our own, and yes, they sleep belly up and where they choose. I do not apologize, however, for my passion against racing as I have seen numerous dogs suffer and have to be put down. The number of documented acts of cruelty against these dogs and the percentage of those who are killed out right, sent to research facilities and even to foreign countries as food is atrocious. There are not enough people willing to adopt x-racers, and the sport of racing perpetuates this. If that makes me a nut, so be it.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Figit090 wrote:woah uh...i dont quite get it?

I just thought it was funny. Like a human Habitrail. I don'y know, do you have to understand it? Can't it just be funny?

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
mjc613 wrote:This is a great design. Unfortunately, my husband only likes football......

I'll do that one at the end of summer....

wannamaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wannamaker
Re: Rocket Rodeo

If not a tee-shirt, howz 'bout a tattoo?

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Oh, so beautiful!!

I liked many others in this week's derby, but (sorry guys) this one is by far my favorite!

If it does not get printed, please let me know if you will be selling it on your own. I would really buy one.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

ROFL!!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
sailstud25 wrote:yes, it is... while at it, vote for the batter too! (see the plug for Patchitech in my sig...)
good luck aerodino!

Whooohoo!! thanks for the plug!

zbuechler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbuechler

Woot! 98th! Keep the votes coming! This is my favorite by far!

socalicitizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socalicitizen

this is buy (sic) far my favorite entery!!!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Skydiving

this, I LOVE!!!!! rhinos are bad ass. cool design!