crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
ppremont wrote:Sheesh, don't you have any respect for the laws of physics?
Nice shirt though.

I'm a graphic designer, what are fisics?

mookusmaximus05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mookusmaximus05

i really like this shirt wish it would have made it to the fog of war. is there anyway we can still buy it or no?

evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord
sokowa wrote:*giggles*, or give me an email and you can have a desktop image at least (providing that's cool with woot)

Sweet, I'll PM ya, thanks.

I thought about it - perpetual (e)motion pretty much describes the life of a mom - at least of one with young kids- then again perhaps even more so for moms of teenagers

slimchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slimchick

I'm not sure why a shirt would be rejected for text when they ARE allowing text this week. What's that all about?????

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
slimchick wrote:I'm not sure why a shirt would be rejected for text when they ARE allowing text this week. What's that all about?????

Next derby - about mom, which is not open yet = text

Last derby - about motion, which ended today and still has the images up = no text

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mia3mom wrote:another nice one, SkekTek! Love the mix of science and nature. plus, it's *frogs*! gmv, and my kids would all want one.

(yes, they pronounce it right, I've tried to teach them well)

Thanks! And I'm happily tied with Kenney, so it's all good.

WootCole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootCole
Re: Weeeeeeeeee again!

I like this, good job making the robot look like a youngster too. :]

WootCole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootCole

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Fireflies

I think I'm the kiss of death-- I like a shirt, it doesn't make it.
sorry if I cursed your design. I really like it. Better luck next time!

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Perpetual Emotion

YES, it made it! Whew!

I got a kick out of comparing it to kids/mothers. Now it definitely reminds me of my brothers and I. L.O.L.

phrank7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phrank7
Re: Mass Extinction

Is there someway this shirt could go to the top three? This is just to cool to pass up.

Brocksamson22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brocksamson22
waivted wrote:like everyone else, wish you had entered this earlier. gmv

yup, me too. hope to see this on a resub, with tweaked colors!

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD
Re: Hummingbird

trying my signature

concreteblok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages concreteblok
Re: Greeting with Motion

llo, i only clicked on this shirt cuz i was like why the heck is that vulgar, well i guess that is the world we live in :-/

SURVEI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SURVEI

Thank you for all your comments! This is my first time entering a shirt contest and I plan to enter some future ones as well!

-SURVEI

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
slimchick wrote:I'm not sure why a shirt would be rejected for text when they ARE allowing text this week. What's that all about?????

Every derby has specific qualifications that are posted the day before the new derby actually opens for submissions.

kayvz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayvz
Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2

This is awesome.. sorry I'm new.. can we actually buy this shirt yet?

mahowes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahowes

I love the little men, but the pocket just looks really, really bad in my opinion and brings down the overall quality of the shirt. The lines need to be straighter for the creases, and if a guy is pulling down the pocket it needs to show. As a previous poster said there should be shadows at least behind the guys jumping out of the pocket to give the shirt some depth and make it look like there are *actually* guys standing on your shirt.

I like the design, but I wish people would stop voting for the "cute" entries and start voting for stuff that looks more polished. One of the reasons I find myself voting for Cho's work is generally because he takes the time to make sure every little detail is exactly how he wants it. Now I'm not saying that everyone's work has to look the same, but I think that this shirt could have benefited from a little more TLC.

Anyways, grats either way to the artist it looks like this one is guaranteed top 3.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
bluchez wrote:OK, lets assume that jamescho84 did not enter any designs in this derby. You both would then be beaten by army guy (which might be clever but surely doesn't stand up to your level of "good" art since you believe that all of jamescho84's designs this derby are poor). After that, you would be being beat by sokowa, who has placed in 2 derbies with printings. After that, you would be being beat by tgentry, who is the second most printed designer at woot (according to other posts, not my research). After that, you would be being beaten by artulo (with a nice paper airplane design that is a resub). Sachmoe64's design, dsladek's design, AND tgentry's Lincoln design would all not be winning or even in the fog.

Would this make you happier? Would you be complaining less? You would be being beat by at least two people who are probably obtaining some votes based on name, sokowa and tgentry. You would be being beat by a roughly drawn design. You would be being beat by a resub of an entry from an earlier derby. This would make you happy and all things right with the world, correct?

The fact of the matter is, what wins week after week is what strikes a chord with the voters. That is IT. Do you really think that if the jamescho84 conspiracy is so strong that it would be sharing the fog with a design such as the army men? It seems to be the case that it is secured in the one of the top spots. I can assure you that only a small portion of the 700 votes it takes to get in the fog are from anybody who is voting on name alone. A version of the wave design that you feel is worthy placed fourth in the water derby. Go back and look at what beat it. The terribly powerful voting block that is responsible for sachmoe64's and dsladek's designs not winning this derby was unable to get even one of jamescho84's shirts printed, and lost out to other designs that some voters felt were less worthy (were they correct?).

Please, for all of our sakes, keep entering the derby, but try to look at the designs that win and ask yourself why they win based on the design. You will find that they win because the voters (that particular week) liked them. You don't have to bastardize your morals or your design or your artistic integrity to win, but you do have to learn how to catch the voter's eye. As indicated before, the artist you are complaining about has close to 100 total entries to his name, and has been working on tuning what he designs, the style he uses, and the concepts he picks to what he thinks the voters are looking for. This is what you should be doing, not attacking other people that you perceive are the problem with the relatively short time you've been studying the issue.

If neither of you can recognize how lucky you are to have such high placing designs in a contest such as this, with as few entries as you have made, than you need to reevaluate why you are participating. There are great designs here with <100 votes. Is jamescho84 responsible for that? No, those great designs didn't strike a chord with the voters this week. Both of your entries have, so be happy.

You're my boy Blu!!!!

TamiEggensperger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TamiEggensperger
Re: Brains... Its What's For Dinner

one that smells of Elderberries... scoff

TamiEggensperger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TamiEggensperger
Re: Nut Shot

one that smells of Elderberries

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
ejseader wrote:DAMN YOU, FILTERS!

"buttery croisant" = L-A-M-E

Thank you buttery croisant.

namgorf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namgorf
Stuntdummy wrote:Even if it was not intentional, which I doubt--religion aside, this is ripping off of Penny Arcade.

How is this ripping off penny arcade? they draw a cartoon jesus and suddenly they own jesus? Either way, you're saying that i unintentionally ripped them off, which isn't even possible. That would have to be an intentional act. Which it wasn't. I've never seen them have jesus on a jetpack, Only sometimes have jesus throw the satan horns, which they also didn't invent.

I have lots of jesus related stuff, for me religion is a joke and jesus is comedy.

IWootAll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IWootAll
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

WOW. I hope this will be up for sale. I am going to stay up to 1:00 to check for this

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
IWootAll wrote:WOW. I hope this will be up for sale. I am going to stay up to 1:00 to check for this

No guarantees, but if it isn't for sale tonight, it should be for sale tomorrow or the next night.

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32
Re: The Cow Jumps Over The Moon...

Great cow. Need it to look more like a moon though. You should definitely resub this later

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

I am seriously bummed. I really wanted this one to win.

scairborn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scairborn

zigenx77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zigenx77
Re: IRON MAN

It is not obvious it is Iron Man, perhaps add a little more detail in the sillhouette and add hand thrusters?

mzmuffett79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mzmuffett79

mzmuffett79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mzmuffett79
Re: Hamster Gear Train V.2

I woke up yesterday morning, slapped the alarm clock off and said to myself, ' My God, I"m on the Hamster Wheel!"
I want one of these shirts!

dcarhart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart
Caligumby wrote:Lost my money too. I was gonna buy this one..

Agreed, This is the one I would have purchased.

clevercleaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clevercleaver

I'm kind of glad it doesn't outwardly scream "iron man", even though I like iron man. Its actually perfect as is. If you look quick, it looks like the flash's lightning bolt. Then when you look you go "ohhh...oooo..cooooool".

cooldudes202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooldudes202
montron wrote:cute design. not a big fan of read, but still gmv!

Great shirt your figure looks like the kilroy inscription it would be awesome if there was a little thing like Killroy was here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here

cooldudes202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooldudes202
montron wrote:cute design. not a big fan of read, but still gmv!

Great shirt your figure looks like the kilroy inscription it would be awesome if there was a little thing like Killroy was here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here

mxmvlcty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmvlcty
skaght wrote:I'm honestly a little surprised that I wasn't rejected for being off topic, but I wanted to design something wearable... and I was a little under the weather and short on ideas when I designed it. Excuses. Excuses. Don and I thank you for the love.

I'm crushed this shirt didn't get farther. please submit it to threadless or spreadshirt or anything at all because I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Linda11454

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Linda11454

Love it..I want one

bwwaahhpp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bwwaahhpp
Re: Shell Shocking

This turtle IS awesome.. pop lockin-n' ssit. I wannit.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
bwwaahhpp wrote:This turtle IS awesome.. pop lockin-n' ssit. I wannit.

A little too late now, but thanks anyway. Depending on the derby themes, maybe you'll see it again. XP

Of course, so many people are against resubs...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

phyllislovell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phyllislovell
hellokitty13 wrote:how is this not doing better?!

I absolutely loved this! I love kitties and these are nice kitties. Until I got to the bottom. At first the cat landing on its back was funny, but then I looked closer at the eyes and realized the cat was dead. Dead kitties are NOT funny.

Why did it not do better? Dead kitty, that's why.

Phyllis Lovell
Charlotte NC USA