zcpeanut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zcpeanut

I've now bought 23 shirts on shirt.woot.com

This one is definitely in the top 5!

ehoward1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehoward1

Holy carp ths shirt is way amazingly awesome. I need to think about this though. I have to many dark hoodies and such, so I'm heading for brighter shirts, eh?

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
folkkevi wrote:moan, moan, moan, look who is sore their design got beat.

i like Adder. you should too.

i dont think hes sore about his design getting beat. he's not like that.

XrayAnime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages XrayAnime

Love this shirt, congarts sundbe10.

Wear this shirt: with a long-underwear shirt underneath for a real ‘90s “grunge” look.

Love it!

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
Tristan944 wrote:This shirt is sick! Im going to try and talk my wife into letting me get one.

talk fast, I bet this one sells out

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox

1988, the year i lost my v card! l o l gawd i feel old.

i like the design but think it just looks too much like some naked dude surrounded by dabs of poop. anyway congrats on the win! im sure the kiddies will lap it up.

timkerrick

Bulnes wrote:I can't believe this won over the space hoax shirt!! If the duck shirt gets third I will flip... Do they ever print shirts that were lost in the fog? Aaargghhh!!

I think one 4th place winner got printed.

JerryLees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JerryLees
GreenLantern wrote:what are you guys talking about? this will print just fine. I've ordered a lot of shirts from here before and always been amazed at the very fine detail of the printing, down to the sharpest points.

oh, and great design by the way. with this T-shirt, I can now wear a different woot shirt every day of the month! woo-hoo!!!

Which Month?

Get Xbox360 Gamer signatures for your favorite games here!
The Stupidest stuff blog

noscetewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noscetewoot

I like the design but I wouldn't get it unless it was an impulse purchase out of the reckoned bin.

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix

I just feel old on this design. llo I was graduating when they were born.

timkerrick

...this has been bugging me since a few days ago (derby voting day #2)...
didn't James D. Watson start the human genome project in 1990?
I love this shirt, and I bought one at the midnight mark - but I'm sitting here in my office and all the stuff I'm looking up says 1990 as well?

and finally, I know there was a no text rule - but RP11 would have gone great with this design.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
timkerrick wrote:...this has been bugging me since a few days ago (derby voting day #2)...
didn't James D. Watson start the human genome project begin in 1990?
I love this shirt, and I bought one at the midnight mark - but I'm sitting here in my office and all the stuff I'm looking up says 1990 as well?

and finally, I know there was a no text rule - but RP11 would have gone great with this design.

This was a big debacle on the comments for the design. Something closely related to the HGP started in 1988, I think. Close enough. =P

Regarding the design - photos lead me to believe that this will print poorly, but I sincerely hope woot's gotten better and it will print well. It's a great design.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

matthaak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthaak

I'm down for anything in my birth year that has molecules.

eHalcyon wrote:This was a big debacle on the comments for the design. Something closely related to the HGP started in 1988, I think. Close enough. =P

Regarding the design - photos lead me to believe that this will print poorly, but I sincerely hope woot's gotten better and it will print well. It's a great design.

What are their printing problems? I hope I don't regret ordering this one...

wrongidea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrongidea
GreenLantern wrote:what are you guys talking about? this will print just fine. I've ordered a lot of shirts from here before and always been amazed at the very fine detail of the printing, down to the sharpest points.

oh, and great design by the way. with this T-shirt, I can now wear a different woot shirt every day of the month! woo-hoo!!!

Ok, but when Parallax uses the yellow in the shirt to take control of you, don't come crying to the rest of the League.

eHalcyon

matthaak wrote:I'm down for anything in my birth year that has molecules.

What are their printing problems? I hope I don't regret ordering this one...

I haven't seen it in person, but some colours don't print well on others. Photos of other shirts with dark brown and black have had problems with the print colour getting lost in the shirt colour. Hopefully that doesn't happen with this one!

iLLuSioNz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iLLuSioNz

Amazing shirt, I had to buy it.
Nice job on the design.

yodboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yodboy

in for 1

it'll go great with my cheapo summer cargo shorts or my somewhat nicer tan/brown slacks shorts. sweet.

i like alot of the designs that the woot artists come out with, but the majority of them tend to end up on shirt colors that are too feminine, and this is coming from a guy who's not afraid to wear lavender or pink work shirts.

So thanks for dropping this one on a black tee.

funkymonkey4290638

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkymonkey4290638

FINALLY succumbed to a woot account bc of this shirt. congrats to the designer! it looks awesome!

timkerrick

yodboy wrote:in for 1

it'll go great with my cheapo summer cargo shorts or my somewhat nicer tan/brown slacks shorts. sweet.

i like alot of the designs that the woot artists come out with, but the majority of them tend to end up on shirt colors that are too feminine, and this is coming from a guy who's not afraid to wear lavender or pink work shirts.

So thanks for dropping this one on a black tee.

you know pink is actually my favorite color. it's just hard to find shirts that aren't too feminine . of the 100's of t-shirts in my collection maybe 5-6 of them are actually pink.

If I saw a good pink woot shirt on here, I'd buy the max three just because I'd wear it more often then the rest.

eHalcyon

timkerrick wrote:you know pink is actually my favorite color. it's just hard to find shirts that aren't too feminine . of the 100's of t-shirts in my collection maybe 5-6 of them are actually pink.

If I saw a good pink woot shirt on here, I'd buy the max three just because I'd wear it more often then the rest.

Woot doesn't offer pink shirts. Closest is creme, which actually isn't pink at all - it just looks that way on uncalibrated monitors.

Crrusher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crrusher

this shirt is absolutely wesome

mrt4nnedp3rsa1n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrt4nnedp3rsa1n

excellent design. im def. down for one. keep it up woot. lets see how many you can get me to buy.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
jimiyo wrote:never enough black shirts yo!

well maybe for some, But even though I'm all concert shirt person and all. I have to draw the line somewheres.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
matthaak wrote:What are their printing problems? I hope I don't regret ordering this one...

A lot of times the black doesn't show up on brown and vice versa (see unfriendly locals http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Unfriendly_LocalskqnDetail.jpg). It's rather unfortunate. . .

MosquitoXR13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MosquitoXR13

Not the year I was born, but a nice shirt none the less. It kinda reminds me of Rez a little bit.

Phill aka Mosquito

playpan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages playpan

congrats on 2nd place! in for one.

danoush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danoush

biochemistry & molecular cell biology major, born in 1988, love DNA, I couldnt really find a reason NOT to buy this shirt. props to the designer, i love it

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Rachel0982 wrote:A lot of times the black doesn't show up on brown and vice versa (see unfriendly locals http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Unfriendly_LocalskqnDetail.jpg). It's rather unfortunate. . .

Yeah, that's the one I was posting int the forums. A few months back, someone had created an all black design on black t-shirt. I kept telling him it would never print well and people would be extremely disappointed. The guy kept going on and on about how the blacks were different enough. Just because it looks good on the computer screen doesn't always mean it will look that good when printed. You really have to design with colors being different when it goes from computer to ink, and the templates vs. actual shirt color. It's usually best to totally steer clear of certain color combinations when designing on certain color shirts.

AzNLogiK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AzNLogiK

yea... i hate spending money... but i am mesmerized by the design -_-...

hermitg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hermitg

Sheldon might wear this one on Big Bang Theory.

heymon32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heymon32

maybe it's just because i'm a chemist but that structure is... misleading, to say the least.

marioasp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marioasp
heymon32 wrote:maybe it's just because i'm a chemist but that structure is... misleading, to say the least.

completely

<.<

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS

My nephew will LOVE this, in for one!

Zencyde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zencyde

Ha, I'm quite pleased with this. Good design AND the year I was born. Double-win! :D Totally in for one.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Izzman89 wrote:This was the one I was pulling for this derby, and I gladly went in for one. I was a huge fan of the Zelda one, however not a huge fan of the color it was on, I'm interested why people think it will print poorly?

Because of the darkest brown color in there. The one you can't see unless you click to see it zoomed.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
JadenKale wrote:Yeah, that's the one I was posting int the forums. A few months back, someone had created an all black design on black t-shirt. I kept telling him it would never print well and people would be extremely disappointed. The guy kept going on and on about how the blacks were different enough. Just because it looks good on the computer screen doesn't always mean it will look that good when printed. You really have to design with colors being different when it goes from computer to ink, and the templates vs. actual shirt color. It's usually best to totally steer clear of certain color combinations when designing on certain color shirts.

yes when you paint a house you can't go by the color of the wet paint when it dries the color is different, same thing here. colors change when you print them on shirts plain and simple.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

YOBRATS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YOBRATS

The first thing I saw looking at this shirt was the shape of Florida. With the elections coming up this year, I'm not sure I'd feel very comfortable with a florida shirt on...

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Um...is it supposed to look like africa, or is that just the way it came out?

pfffft!

solenoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solenoid

Awesome shirt. I'll have to wear it the next time I need DNA sequenced. Nematode DNA, but DNA none the less.

sunseeker70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunseeker70

Excellent design. Very Sci-fi. I'm in for one.