Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
sunseeker70 wrote:Excellent design. Very Sci-fi. I'm in for one.

THAT's the description I was looking for. Thank you. This is very sci-fi and I like it a lot.

bito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bito
solenoid wrote:Awesome shirt. I'll have to wear it the next time I need DNA sequenced. Nematode DNA, but DNA none the less.

Hooray for nematodes and gene sequencing! Can I make a bad science pun here? The HGP as a useless liberal PR move - that's just BLASTphemous...

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

congrats on snagging second

dvsdevelopment

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvsdevelopment

who votes for some of these shirts? both yesterday and today look like stuff some 14 year old should be wearing. in fact, there have only been a few decent things in the last few weeks that normal people would wear.

davefer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davefer

I was just wondering after looking at the latest shirts coming out.
Is Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller both on the same committee for picking the shirt designs?
Is it true that your best selling shirts are in braille?

just a couple of questions that have been bothering me.

No wootalyzer here
Just tasty poodle steaks.
Barrel of Crops 3/22/12
Got my Bag O Carrots, where's yours?
Woot Bucket's are great!
www.panfriedpoodle.com

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

I had to think about this one. I checked at midnight, and decided if it was still going after I got up this morning, I would think some more. Then I took the dogs out and thought some more. Anyway, I just bought one. 1988 was the year I graduated from high school, and I am a bit of a sci fi geek. Hmmm, this is my first Woot t-shirt that is NOT cutey patootie animals.
I actually like this design better than the Zelda one.
So, for tomorrow, do we think Duck Hunt or Fake Moon Landing?

realbigkahuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbigkahuna

a real big kahuna needs a t-shirt with really big gnomes.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
aoviss wrote:Too bad this wasnt a real medical project to cure humanity, it was a silly liberal PR stunt to "prove" "we're all the same".

We're as close as apples to apes, and science suffers.

By itself though, I love the shirt! I'll get one!

You really need to do some research about the outcomes of the HGP before spouting off your prevaricated opinions.

realbigkahuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbigkahuna
Graye wrote:You really need to do some research about the outcomes of the HGP before spouting off your prevaricated opinions.

real big kahuna says you need to chill just a bit. i'm actually more concerned about that little travelocity guy running around...gnome is scary.

soupersprite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupersprite
Graye wrote:You really need to do some research about the outcomes of the HGP before spouting off your prevaricated opinions.

Personal foul, illegal use of the word prevaricated, 15 yard penalty...loss of down.

Lithpiperpilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lithpiperpilot

Awesome shirt, in for 1 making this my 4th woot shirt. Plus i'm from 1988, the same year as me, so I just have to get it.

sneezingferrets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezingferrets

Nice shirt, congrats to the designer.

skitzomike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skitzomike
scwewywabbit wrote:shouldn't the shirt instead have the double helix if it's on the HGP?

It has the molecular structure of DNA on it so it fits with the HGP, although i suppose the double helix is more recognizable

Wow. I've spent waaay too much money here.

jseeba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jseeba

Sold out. Nice design...

dwcnmv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwcnmv

Nooo I finally decided to register and buy my first woot shirt and before I started registering there was some left and by the time I came back it was sold out! *tear*

Calvin888MEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calvin888MEN

This is pure gold... one of the best designs to come out of the derbies in two weeks. Well done!

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
dwcnmv wrote:Nooo I finally decided to register and buy my first woot shirt and before I started registering there was some left and by the time I came back it was sold out! *tear*

You can purchase the shirt after the first day I believe, someone else will have to tell you how, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

Awesome design got one!

barbra2323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbra2323

thank-goodness I don't get much sleep. I would of missed this one!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
timkerrick wrote:only if they haven't sold out.

No, the sell out is only for the first day. You can get it here. The link won't work right now, but it will tomorrow.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

tendollatees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tendollatees

would have gotten one if the human was a female. . .awkward having a naked man's silhouette on your shirt

Graye

soupersprite wrote:Personal foul, illegal use of the word prevaricated, 15 yard penalty...loss of down.

Umm... ok?

I'm guessing that your definition of the word must mean something other than to purposely mislead or deceive , or to avoid giving a clear and truthful account by being deliberately ambiguous or misleading.

I believe I used that word just fine as a description of the opinion posted.

badanima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badanima

I was actually born in 1988. Twenty years ago TODAY to be exact. Hah, what are the odds?

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
badanima wrote:I was actually born in 1988. Twenty years ago TODAY to be exact. Hah, what are the odds?

My birthday is tomorrow.....but 30 years ago. Oh, so very old.

Carpe shirtem!

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
lintbox wrote:1988, the year i lost my v card! l o l gawd i feel old.

i like the design but think it just looks too much like some naked dude surrounded by dabs of poop. anyway congrats on the win! im sure the kiddies will lap it up.

And here I was thinking it was the kiddies who were dissing it.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
davefer wrote:I was just wondering after looking at the latest shirts coming out.
Is Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller both on the same committee for picking the shirt designs?
Is it true that your best selling shirts are in braille?

just a couple of questions that have been bothering me.

It's based on votes, not a committee. So had you voted for other designs to bump this one out of its place, perhaps we may not have to even have this discussion. It's up to the consumers of woot (who have purchased at least one item already) to vote upon the designs every week at http://shirt.woot.com/derby. And it is our job as consumers to help woot select the designs that are most worthy of being printed based on composition, color and theme not just what looks good on the screen. Sure being fun has a great deal to do with it, but you have to look at the whole picture. You have to decide carefully on that balance.

ojonsano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ojonsano

Really liked this shirt..especially on black..anyone know where else i could get one??

ABCDEFGG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ABCDEFGG

Yo,

Any of you who bought this and now have slight case of "buyers' regret" let me know; I'd be happy to take it off your hands. I'm a biomedical scientist -- this would make my day! Thanks.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
ABCDEFGG wrote:Yo,

Any of you who bought this and now have slight case of "buyers' regret" let me know; I'd be happy to take it off your hands. I'm a biomedical scientist -- this would make my day! Thanks.

These shirts will be available again after 12am tonight for resale from w00t at 15$ a pop, a link was posted about 5-10 posts above, but it is not hard to navigate to woot's gallery.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

Here's how the shirt turned out, the dark brown shows up just fine!

folkkevi

sundbe10 wrote:Here's how the shirt turned out, the dark brown shows up just fine!

I saw it as well, it printed fantastically! Anyone who was waiting to see how the brown turned out should pounce on a copy!

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
sundbe10 wrote:Here's how the shirt turned out, the dark brown shows up just fine!

Wow, that turned out great. I was waiting to see how it would print...I'm in for 2.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
bito wrote:Hooray for nematodes and gene sequencing! Can I make a bad science pun here? The HGP as a useless liberal PR move - that's just BLASTphemous...

this was an excellent science pun!

ichiro33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ichiro33

how do can i buy one?

Graye

recchiap wrote:Wow, that turned out great. I was waiting to see how it would print...I'm in for 2.

I agree that came out much much better than I expected. GJ on woot getting the colors bright enough to stand out. And gratz for the win =)

folkkevi

ichiro33 wrote:how do can i buy one?

These are still purchasable here
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=5287

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando

brown turned out fine. the yellow on mine kinda bugs me though, much brighter than anticipated.

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

I did my duty to save this shirt:

here's your receipt...
on 5/18/2008, you successfully wooted.
order 2...xxxx
You want 1

1988: The Human Genome Project
You ordered 1 Black Woot Tee. 2X

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

Method3909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Method3909
JohnQ118 wrote:I did my duty to save this shirt:

As did I, it's my first woot ever! Awesome design, I couldn't resist.

Shinkaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shinkaze

I'm trying to figure out who to contact about lost packages. The Smart Post tracker says:

Manifest ID: 2653781
Est. in Home 05/12/2008
Date Time Description Location
May 3, 2008 9:39 PM Sortation Center Arrival ATLANTA, GA
May 3, 2008 7:55 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
May 1, 2008 1:15 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
May 1, 2008 1:00 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX