Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

Another wonderful shirt cho.

swatspyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swatspyder

Damn... I hope woot prints the moon hoax shirt..

alexbudy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexbudy

Can someone post a link to the moon hoax shirt? I really want to see it :P

Crwatson21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crwatson21

In for one! Great job cho, very well done.

62sick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 62sick

Can I get one with a dark/light grey gun. My gun was grey not orange. I had the robot also, wheres the Gyromite shirt.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
alexbudy wrote:Can someone post a link to the moon hoax shirt? I really want to see it :P

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12867

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
62sick wrote:Can I get one with a dark/light grey gun. My gun was grey not orange. I had the robot also, wheres the Gyromite shirt.

They won't print different versions of the same shirt, sorry! In any case, the orange gun is more common, and if he made a grey gun all the orange in the image would have to be grey!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

funkemaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funkemaster

fantastic shirt reminds me of better times as a wee one.

woot or woot not there is no try

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

L O L Finally got home from bowling to see Cho's shirt! WTG Cho.

JerryLees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JerryLees

ROCK ON!

Zelda... Now DuckHunt.

AWESOME, I'm in for one!

Get Xbox360 Gamer signatures for your favorite games here!
The Stupidest stuff blog

millercv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millercv

My first non-"missed it" shirt.woot! In for 2 - great design.

chriscoonradt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriscoonradt
LBISurfer2 wrote:Nintendo was released in North America, Brazil, Europe, and Australia in 1985. In most of Asia, including Japan (where it was first launched in 1983), but

Duck Hunt was developed and published by Nintendo, and was released in 1984 in Japan.

In for one, love the design, definitely a sell out

Thanks for the insight, Surfer

Still debating on moon hoax... It is a great shirt.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

dammit cho! i'm trying not to buy anymore of these damned things, but this is just too awesome to pass up...totally made of win, and i can't believe it only got 3rd - easily the best shirt of the derby - and everything that buttery croissant zelda shirt wasn't in terms of true parody executed in brilliant fashion instead of just profiting from another's work. That looks like a counterfeit, this is it's own unique brand of awesome. Well done again sir!

somethinpositiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somethinpositiv

how do you buy?

KidCam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KidCam

woot...make an exception and bring back some 4th place derby-ers
i say the moon hoax for monday
and pi for tuesday
sounds good to me =)
kthxbye

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong

Dang, this is a pretty awesome shirt. Surprised it got 3rd.

cubby96

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cubby96

this shirt is just the right amount of parody. Nice job, in for 1.

Howdy, eh?

MosquitoXR13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MosquitoXR13

Its the year I was born, and I loved that damn video game. When I grow up I want to be the Dog from Duckhunt...you know just grab dead ducks and laugh at the dumbasses who cant hit an 8-bit picture of a duck on a 13" tv (color of course) with an orange/grey click stick...yeah that would be great.

Phill aka Mosquito

zhak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zhak

I have to agree. I loved Duck Hunt and I love video game themed t-shirts but this one just doesn't cut it for me. Too much orange for my liking. Say, is that Duck Cheney?!

cjfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjfred
fatpat2005 wrote:What the hell? Another derby, and another 4th place entry that I wanted. Couldn't care less about the others.

Whatever. I'm done woot. You won't miss me.

Agreed. I *really* wanted the moon hoax shirt. Now how am I supposed to annoy my coworker who used to work for NASA?

No offense to the three winners, but I have no interest in video game shirts, and the human genome project one was fine but a little too abstract for me. To paraphrase what someone else said in its thread, "If someone has to ask you what your shirt is about, you probably shouldn't be wearing it."

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm leaving; it doesn't take much time out of my life to hit the web site once a day or select "Shirt" on the Wootalyzer dropdown. But I'm very disappointed at several recent fourth-place finishes that I wanted. Hey, maybe Woot can cut a deal with the Sad Rat folks to print and sell fourth-place entries after the first through third place ones have been offered.

cheapojoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheapojoe

Love this shirt and I needed a brown one at that. In for one.

cheapojoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheapojoe
cjfred wrote: To paraphrase what someone else said in its thread, "If someone has to ask you what your shirt is about, you probably shouldn't be wearing it."

Actually, I prefer to have a shirt that needs explaining. Makes for a great conversational piece unlike my standard A&F or other brand name shirts. To each his own I guess. :P

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
KidCam wrote:woot...make an exception and bring back some 4th place derby-ers
i say the moon hoax for monday
and pi for tuesday
sounds good to me =)
kthxbye

the moon hoax, while interesting...isn't a I was born in event. I mean how do you prove a theory....that is......well lets face it....never been proven.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

chowda125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chowda125

Hey all, this is going to be my first shirt woot - great shirt!

I have a question about size for some of you who have bought shirts before. Being a bigger man my chest and my waist are about the same size: 44-45" (side question - does this make me odd?)

Typically I buy XL or 2XL depending on the brand. According to the size chart my chest fits XL and my waist is 3XL so what should I really buy? Also do the shirts shrink at all?

Thanks for any advice!

krarsdale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krarsdale
chowda125 wrote:Hey all, this is going to be my first shirt woot - great shirt!

I have a question about size for some of you who have bought shirts before. Being a bigger man my chest and my waist are about the same size: 44-45" (side question - does this make me odd?)

Typically I buy XL or 2XL depending on the brand. According to the size chart my chest fits XL and my waist is 3XL so what should I really buy? Also do the shirts shrink at all?

Thanks for any advice!

The shirts are American Apparel, they're cut for anorexic hipsters so go a size large

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
olivedrab wrote:can the artist resubmit the moon hoax in the next derby? that would make an awesome shirt

Thanks for the props on my hoax shirt. I promise that it'll be offered by someone (woot or myself) in the future. But since this is Cho's shirt thread, I'd ask those of you who liked hoax to leave a message here. That way I can keep track of all y'all.

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

Slap some sunglasses on that duck and he'd look a lot like beautiful tulip Cheney.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

KingLionAids

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingLionAids

Me and my dad are in for one. We're wearing them next time we go out shooting. :D
<3 Woot

thesonofdarwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesonofdarwin

I love, love, love the design. But like the Zelda design, I can't think of a situation where I could comfortably wear it. But that doesn't make it bad, as others seem to be suggesting, because obviously there are tons of people who can and will. Similar to the HGP shirt yesterday, I suppose. Saw quite a few complaints there about having to explain it, but working in medicine (or science in general) and all your peers will get it.

Anyway, if I were still in undergrad/H.S., this baby would be mine. Congrats on 3rd place.

huntsalot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huntsalot
somethinpositiv wrote:how do you buy?

The question is , why haven't you bought?

ngeenyus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngeenyus
fatpat2005 wrote:What the hell? Another derby, and another 4th place entry that I wanted. Couldn't care less about the others.

We won't either. Bye-Bye

thenestor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenestor

I haven't bought anything from Woot in a long time (lack of interest, lack of money), but this one I couldn't resist. For us old NES fans, it's too good to pass up.

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
woottv wrote:Creepy, but KEWL!

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this has a certain creepiness to it.

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix

I think a lot of us would have liked to have seen 4th and I think it would have sold out... unfortunately not everyone votes in the derbies.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Atta Boy James. I'm sure I'll be typing this next weekend as well.
-Andy

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia

Nearly 3 years of woot membership, and you walk away because the overwhelming consensus of a derby sometimes does not sway into your favor?

1. You are right, Woot is probably laughing at you.

2. It is good people are getting irked that their favorites sometimes barely don't make the cut; so much fervor indicates that there are numerous talented artists entering the derbies and many many entries would be fantastic as a print.

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia
cheapojoe wrote:Actually, I prefer to have a shirt that needs explaining. Makes for a great conversational piece unlike my standard A&F or other brand name shirts. To each his own I guess. :P

Agreed. And one of the lovely things about this particular shirt is that the image is equally appealing with or without the game reference. It is a duck in flannel hunting ensemble, readily wielding a gun. That is pretty funny on its own, regardless of Duck Hunt.

KingLionAids

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingLionAids
StrayNostalgia wrote:Agreed. And one of the lovely things about this particular shirt is that the image is equally appealing with or without the game reference. It is a duck in flannel hunting ensemble, readily wielding a gun. That is pretty funny on its own, regardless of Duck Hunt.

So many people are gonna ask me what it is.

Mr. Toast needed explanation too. I'm like, "It's just Toast"

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

Damn! Some of us aren't gamers. I desperately wanted the moon hoax shirt, as I'm the wiseass in my circle of friends that always insists the moon landing was a hoax. It would have been PERFECT.

karsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karsen

That is just AWESOME. One of the coolest shirts I've ever seen here.

Damn I missed it. Now I have to debate if it's worth the extra $5. I'm leaning towards yes.