smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia

this is really nifty. I love the design, but I don't think I would actually wear it.

congrats to the artist, though. it's clever and quite cute.

Kerigman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kerigman

In for one, my first shirt.woot! This will be a good test to see what size is best and how things fit/shrink compared to Threadless.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
JadenKale wrote:Great job David! Reminds me of Toon Town in Roger Rabbit.

It's closer to the artwork in Koko the Clown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLPSdhiGKG0

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig

llo at kosher the pig

(i'm jewish)

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
tokenhillbilly wrote:One of the was the "when I was your age" drawing and the other was the bas relief shrimp. Both of them were so thin that I could read through them. I live down on the beach, and these shirts remind me of the "buy 1 get 10 free" shirts they use to lure in tourists.

That's strange because in my experience the majority of the woot shirts I've gotten are thicker than most of my other shirts. The only exception is a white shirt bought for my husband. . . the one with the sheep.

Blanch1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blanch1000

Agggghhhhh.... I'm in for one. *sigh*

I don't want to get it -- trying to save money -- but I like it too much. That damn sun pushed me over the edge.

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84
tokenhillbilly wrote:This is a great design. Unfortunately, I have two woot shirts and the quality is so bad that I am afraid that if I wash them they will become doll clothes for my screaming monkey.

Actually I can agree with this statement. My first experience with AA's clothing has been through s.w and uneetee, etc. and I gotta say, these shirts aren't half as fantastic as everybody claims them to be. The material is almost always thin (don't tell me it's the current "style") and doesn't survive a great many cycles through the washer/dryer. Hanes Beefy Ts are still the best you can get in terms of a quality t-shirt. It'd be nice if some of the quirky T sites would print on those.

I think it's one of those cases of viral hype that makes everybody think American Apparel is the end all and be all of clothing. Non-sweatshop does not always equal premium quality.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
tokenhillbilly wrote:This is a great design. Unfortunately, I have two woot shirts and the quality is so bad that I am afraid that if I wash them they will become doll clothes for my screaming monkey. I get that for 10 bucks you can't deliver a lot, but how about another option where you can just send me an iron on of the woot.shirt design of the day and I can put it on a decent shirt of my own.

I have 14 Woot shirts. Believe me, if you follow the care instructions, they hold up just fine. I even put mine in the dryer and they haven't shrunk much at all. American Apparel tees are summer weight, not like Hanes Beefy Tee's which are thick thick shirts. I have lots of both and I like the thinner weight and softness.

larushka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages larushka

As far as women's sizing - in just about all t-shirts I take a WS, but in Woot's shirts I have to take a WM, and even that is a little tight across the bits that count - but I cant go to a WL, because then it would be all baggy round the waist. As far as washing - absolutely has to be a cold wash and line dry - the dryer would definitely shrink it down to where it was unwearable....but then, thats the case for most all cotton tees.... so yeah, your best bet is to buy one that you aren't so crazy about, and give it a wash/dry test, and then if it becomes an outfit for your woot monkey, at least you won't be upset... and your monkey will look really sharp and be warm and happy

outlawmoogle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outlawmoogle

Woot does warn you that AA shirts tend to run small and to order a size up...

zak1ap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zak1ap

So did anybody else pick up on the "Buttons and Mindy" color description?

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

What a wonderful surprise!!!! One for my daughter, one for myself....

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

This shirt is pretty rad I must say

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad

Great shirt. In for one.

unkalledfor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unkalledfor

In for one... my first shirt.WOOT! purchase...

Love the idea of the shirt and the asphalt color... I hope the fit is good.. i like slim fitted shirts

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
larushka wrote:As far as women's sizing - in just about all t-shirts I take a WS, but in Woot's shirts I have to take a WM, and even that is a little tight across the bits that count - but I cant go to a WL, because then it would be all baggy round the waist. As far as washing - absolutely has to be a cold wash and line dry - the dryer would definitely shrink it down to where it was unwearable....but then, thats the case for most all cotton tees.... so yeah, your best bet is to buy one that you aren't so crazy about, and give it a wash/dry test, and then if it becomes an outfit for your woot monkey, at least you won't be upset... and your monkey will look really sharp and be warm and happy

I wash my shirts in warm water and dry in the dryer and they have only shrunk a little.

joelaguero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelaguero

Clever play on the color revolution for TV. I bought one already. Shirt.woot! shirts always make for good conversation it seems.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

Reminds me of the animation style of the beginning Disney cartoons..i.n particular, Silly Symphonies and "Steamboat Willie".

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67
tokenhillbilly wrote:This is a great design. Unfortunately, I have two woot shirts and the quality is so bad that I am afraid that if I wash them they will become doll clothes for my screaming monkey.

You must be joking. I have several woot shirts that I've washed at least 10 times, and they still look nearly new. Maybe you should stop using Hydrochloric Acid brand laundry detergent.

That being said, those old-times cartoons always freaked me out, as does this design. Not in for one, sorry.

and one more thing: assfault

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

I bought 3, so I would be stocked up in case of any disasters.

Unno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Unno
joelaguero wrote:Clever play on the color revolution for TV.

Yeah, except that it's obviously a play on the color revolution for film.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
JadenKale wrote:That IS pretty much the whole print area. the design will be rather large. That looks to be the same area taken up by Animal Hat and that one is huge.

True, it probably is taking up most of the print area but the design is rounded, and it doesn't go corner to corner like Animal Hat did, and the focus is on the middle of the shirt where the colors are. IDK, I just think it's more pleasing to the eye than the Animal Hat one. I would have liked that one much better if it was smaller on the shirt.

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters

Very neat shirt...old cartoons scare me though.

www.c8-bit.com

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
jamescho84 wrote:This shirt is pretty rad I must say

I concur...I would expand and even deem it radical

The asphalt is perfect for the black+white feel of old toons with the technicolor eruption

woottv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woottv

I wish I did not have so many tee shirts or I would be in for this one. It totally tickles my psycadellic sensabilities.

WOOT ON!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
shan24 wrote:True, it probably is taking up most of the print area but the design is rounded, and it doesn't go corner to corner like Animal Hat did, and the focus is on the middle of the shirt where the colors are. IDK, I just think it's more pleasing to the eye than the Animal Hat one. I would have liked that one much better if it was smaller on the shirt.

It honestly didn't look too bad. I thought the ink was a bit heavy on it, but all in all, a wonderful design. I will probably wear that during cooler weather more than say the sweltering summer that's due in soon, but it's one of the first designs here that has pretty much filled the entire design area that I've purchased.

moonwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonwick

Finally! A shirt I want! This is so cute! In for 1. Yay!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
brizz wrote:so they ban asphalt for the current derby and then put an asphalt shirt up as the first daily of the week. llo

though to be fair...could hardly pull off the black and white feeling on anything else except maybe black - the one color even more overdone than asphalt.

My thoughts exactly, except I don't know about black. I haven't seen a lot of it... I probably just haven't been around long enough.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ghostofgrove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghostofgrove

Props to the designer! This shirt looks great. The ole black and white, voiceless toons.... brings back warm and fuzzy memories of my childhood. Very mickey mouseish. Although I think the zelda shirt was the best recently, this is a close second.

annarchy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annarchy

I LOVE this shirt. This is the first one I bought with out thinking about it.

Jared0112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jared0112

My first woot ever (Includes normal woot and wine woot).....welcome me! I bought a 2xl as I normally wear XL.............

WOOT BABY!!!!!!!!

dannydan259

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannydan259

just purchased my first shirt on woot
very nice and different design, liking the technicolor
very cool

idkid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idkid

In for two. Simple, elegant and fun. I hope my fellow Wooters don't mind answering "Where did you get that?" over and over again...

;)

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan

steamboat willie strikes a geyser of color. neat design, not my style. grats on the print, should do well.

dannydan259

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannydan259

what kind of quality are the shirts? 100 percent cotton?

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

i think this shirt is growin on me....very unique.

I once ate a cricket.

relbadboy18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages relbadboy18
dannydan259 wrote:what kind of quality are the shirts? 100 percent cotton?

Yep 100% cotton, they feel great just be sure to wash them properly to keep it that way

MachoNacho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachoNacho

This is so freakin cool! I'm buying it for sure!! :D

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

my computer speakers JUST died...looks like im gonna have to hold out on this shirt

I once ate a cricket.

sstrunks5555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrunks5555

This would be my first woot purchase o.O

Meep

But this shirt makes me smile =] Good enough for me!