Jared0112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jared0112

Or another way the younger gen does it

Pwn3d!

Im 26 and feel old....ahhhhh

CherTJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherTJ

Wonder why my comment was deleted?

Anyways, I love the design and glad I got in for one before it was sold out.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
klswoot wrote:Be nice to your new customers Gatzby! Maybe she/he was interested in buying more than just the daily shirt.

If you are interested in buying the daily shirt, there would be a "I Want One Button" next to the picture. The daily shirt will be available tomorrow at this link.

if you are interested in Woot's back catalog of currently available shirts, here's a nice link with pictures.

Hope that helps!

I love how Shirts on Sale sets that up with the icons. I really wish that woot would do that as well when noting it in the blog every week with the rest of the stats (position last week/weeks on chart). I think that would help out the customers so much more. I mean, we are asking people to spend money on tshirts and it's totally based on visual appeal. Why not cater to that by using thumbnails? I figure, if it's working for Shirts on Sale to promote woot's shirts, why not do it ourselves? That's just my take on it.

Grats again to David selling out by 5:30am this morning. Great run for your shirt!

Brett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brett

I am so incredibly bummed that I forgot to check shirt.woot last night. I love this tee!

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
sawbones84 wrote:Actually I can agree with this statement. My first experience with AA's clothing has been through s.w and uneetee, etc. and I gotta say, these shirts aren't half as fantastic as everybody claims them to be. The material is almost always thin (don't tell me it's the current "style") and doesn't survive a great many cycles through the washer/dryer. Hanes Beefy Ts are still the best you can get in terms of a quality t-shirt. It'd be nice if some of the quirky T sites would print on those.

I think it's one of those cases of viral hype that makes everybody think American Apparel is the end all and be all of clothing. Non-sweatshop does not always equal premium quality.

I like them, they breath better then Hanes T's And oh yeah, there thin because yes - that is the current style. Pick up a magazine sometime.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

arterbizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arterbizzle

i LOVE the design but NOT ON GRAY! for crying out loud woot!... i already have tons of gray woot! shirts. gosh, this shirt makes more sense on gray than any of the other shirts you've printed on gray. why do you do this to me woot!?

all your izzle are belong to arterbizzle.

royale b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages royale b
timkerrick wrote:I like them, they breath better then Hanes T's And oh yeah, there thin because yes - that is the current style. Pick up a magazine sometime.

I agree on the breathing.

Beefy-Ts make me sweat like a noob at a woot-off.

Roshz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roshz
arterbizzle wrote:i LOVE the design but NOT ON GRAY! for crying out loud woot!... i already have tons of gray woot! shirts. gosh, this shirt makes more sense on gray than any of the other shirts you've printed on gray. why do you do this to me woot!?

there's no better way to put it. This should have come out a couple months ago and it would've been perfect. It's almost time for summer and these gray/dark shirts are still dominating the line-up.

Still, it's a really clever idea. This artist is very smart.

IWootAll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IWootAll

Wow. I am surprised that this got sold out.

satexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages satexas

You guy's dont know where this is from? Man!

Here's a great video of those characters..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYZ5-lTEKQQ

Soul Coughing's video, Rollin'

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

satexas wrote:You guy's dont know where this is from? Man!

Of course, this sort of animation style also predates Soul Coughing by a few decades. Likely we all knew this, but it would be a shame for some of our younger crowd to think you meant that Soul Coughing invented that look.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

WanderingBert

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WanderingBert

Thanks for the sellout everybody!!! I'm glad this was a popular design.

I just woke up- it's still morning here in New Zealand. I didn't even know it had gone up!

Also, great shirt description of both the design, and my name. I llo'd.

zombie2473

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombie2473

Great shirt. Im pretty bummed it sold out before i woke up this morning. I would have loved one.

XrayAnime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages XrayAnime

Very nice shirt design. Artwork is just like that of the older toons, very fun and silly.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
klswoot wrote:Be nice to your new customers Gatzby! Maybe she/he was interested in buying more than just the daily shirt.

If you are interested in buying the daily shirt, there would be a "I Want One Button" next to the picture. The daily shirt will be available tomorrow at this link.

if you are interested in Woot's back catalog of currently available shirts, here's a nice link with pictures.

Hope that helps!

Klassy KLS

Can someone please tell me what pwned means? PLEASE?

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
CAMMS wrote:Klassy KLS

generally, the implication is "you got owned". supposedly "pwned" was a typo, but it made it mainstream and stuck.

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong
CAMMS wrote:Klassy KLS

From Wikipedia:

Pwn (/poʊn/, /puːn/, /pəʔˈoʊn/, /pɔːn/, /piˈoʊn/, /pwəʔˈn̩/) is a leetspeak slang term, derived from the word "own",[1][2][3] that implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated.

From an article on the MacBook Air being hacked:

"Pwn" is computer gaming slang for "own," as in conquer. The "p" typo serves to heighten the humiliation of defeat by emphasizing that the loss came at the hands of a youth who can't even spell or type correctly.

Now that's funny.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

I can't believe how much the characters on the shirt look like characters I could have sworn that I've seen before. But, apparently not.
-Andy

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS

Thanks for the definitions of "pwned," guys. I had a feeling it meant "owned."

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

Note:
You can see Koko the Clown in that Soul Coughing video (actually from a Betty Boop cartoon), at 00:31.

And the video I linked to earlier (Koko's Earth Control), was from 1928. (which predates Soul Coughing's video by at least 60 years)

Slydon wrote:Of course, this sort of animation style also predates Soul Coughing by a few decades. Likely we all knew this, but it would be a shame for some of our younger crowd to think you meant that Soul Coughing invented that look.

Exactly

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek

So, I'm new to shirt.woot and I see all these other shirts for sale in other listing with no sellout. What makes this one different? Is there a way I could pick one of these up despite today's sellout?

Edit: NVM, just saw the first post. But $5 more? That vacuums.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Slydon wrote:Of course, this sort of animation style also predates Soul Coughing by a few decades. Likely we all knew this, but it would be a shame for some of our younger crowd to think you meant that Soul Coughing invented that look.

but it would also be a shame if the older crowd never got exposed to M. Doughty's genius.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
zillybong wrote:From Wikipedia:

Pwn (/poʊn/, /puːn/, /pəʔˈoʊn/, /pɔːn/, /piˈoʊn/, /pwəʔˈn̩/) is a leetspeak slang term, derived from the word "own",[1][2][3] that implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated.

From an article on the MacBook Air being hacked:

"Pwn" is computer gaming slang for "own," as in conquer. The "p" typo serves to heighten the humiliation of defeat by emphasizing that the loss came at the hands of a youth who can't even spell or type correctly.

Now that's funny.

No, you know what's REALLY funny?

P-P-P-POWERBOOK!

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

timkerrick

I think that's only shirts that don't sell out.....this one did. sadly I think you might be outof luck.

timkerrick

Paul595 wrote:Can someone fill me in, I know there are links here and there that point you to past shirts that you can buy.. but where is the list of all the past shirts that are available? Thank you..

click the sad rat banner at the beginning of each shirt forum

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
Jared0112 wrote:Or another way the younger gen does it
Pwn3d!
Im 26 and feel old....ahhhhh

Why stop there?
P`//|\|3|)

I'm FORTY-TWO! Old enough to have been annoyed by k-rad—the predecessor to leeto. (There will always be 12 year olds.)

—Dr.Bräno o@)
[very old BBS handle]

timkerrick

ueberRegenbogen wrote:

—Dr.Bräno o@)
[very old BBS handle]

mine was always timTech

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

Betty Boop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neitherman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neitherman

I think the maniacal look on the sun's face is really what drove me to purchase this quality design.

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork

If anyone purchased a women's in this design, please email me a picture of the shirt.

Lehngjai@hotmail

Thank you!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

The colors on these one turned out to be a bit more subdued that I thought they'd be... which is exactly how it should look, in my opinion. Quite happy with this one.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

cynvision

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cynvision

It took me two days of looking at it to figure out it's the light primary colors not pigment in the gusher. o_O Now I am very tempted even with the $15 price.

thetick27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thetick27

This is a wonderfull shirt. I just got it in the mail and is real cool, the only problem I have with it is the gray is to dark.

unkalledfor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unkalledfor

just got my shirt today.. the fit is awesome.. and the design is unique.. very happy with my purchase!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Very happy with technicolor.

Full image

In use

FWIW - 6'1" and anywhere from 245-255 lbs. XXL unwashed.

Finulanu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Finulanu

I really loved this design. I'm pissed I didn't stay up, these sold fast.
I dunno if I would have bought one, but I might have been pretty close.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Finulanu wrote:I really loved this design. I'm pissed I didn't stay up, these sold fast.
I dunno if I would have bought one, but I might have been pretty close.

You can still buy it (for $5 more, though) at this link.

sameerp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sameerp

Does this site have UK delivery?!?!?

Annie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annie22
auggie24 wrote:Very happy with technicolor.

Full image

Man.. the "lighter gray" in my shirt it so dark the design kind of disappears into the dark gray color of the shirt itself. *sighs* Maybe I should try to return it? *shrugs* Eh, it's fine. This one printed really nice though.

This design kicks your mom in the face. That's how bad mass it is.