quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy
pooflady wrote:pickled herring in wine sauce

on a cracker?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
coffeenogrumpy wrote:on a cracker?

Nope, on a fork.

Now I'm eating a radish sammich.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
pooflady wrote:Nope, on a fork.

Now I'm eating a radish sammich.

Sounds fabulous. My sammich was just turkey. On homemade bread, at least.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

coffeenogrumpy

i just ate left over indian, (not an)

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
coffeenogrumpy wrote:i just ate left over indian, (not an)

Everything I can get my hands on.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

English muffin with brie and homemade(not by me!)orange marmalade.

Vote!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

mmm, brie.

Just finished a hot dog from a new place in town. Very meh--too much bread, not enough dog. Fries were good, but messing up fries takes real skill.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

I still have dried cherries, wonder how long it's going to take to bake my way through 2 pounds of it?
Made dark chocolate chunk and dried cherry oatmeal cookies from scratch. Yes, dark chocolate chunks instead of chips, mixed with cherries in a cookie, yum! Ate several

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

LittleMissRachel

faughtey wrote:I still have dried cherries, wonder how long it's going to take to bake my way through 2 pounds of it?
Made dark chocolate chunk and dried cherry oatmeal cookies from scratch. Yes, dark chocolate chunks instead of chips, mixed with cherries in a cookie, yum! Ate several

That sounds fabulous!

For me, French toast, made with nice thick slices of my homemade sourdough bread.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Still have not made sandwich yet. Will be ham, swiss, tomato on 7 grain bread.

LittleMissRachel

klozitshoper wrote:Still have not made sandwich yet. Will be ham, swiss, tomato on 7 grain bread.

That sounds like an amazing sandwich. I should see about making some 7-grain bread...

pooflady

Chicken Caesar
All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, Asiago, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions & our Caesar dressing, on our Three Cheese bread.

It was just okay. The break kept falling apart.

LittleMissRachel

pooflady wrote:Chicken Caesar
All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, Asiago, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions & our Caesar dressing, on our Three Cheese bread.

It was just okay. The break kept falling apart.

That's a shame. It sounds like it could have been an amazing sammich.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

Lunch time!! Egg salad on whole wheat bread and a pineapple Chobani greek yogurt, yummy.

Mavyn

Jalepeno bagel with cream cheese. Bagel was from a place I'd not tried before...won't go back. Tastes ok, but totally un-bagel in texture. More like bread.

pooflady

Grilled burgers. Tried grilling naked corn on the cob. It wasn't on long enough. Needs some tweaking.

Raining

corn chips and milk

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

I'm eating chocolate cake because I'm stuck with it.

I always have strawberry shortcake on my birthday and just couldn't wait till then so I stopped and purchased one today. A little while ago I took it out of the fridge and saw this beautiful round mass of white fluffy heaven with eight big strawberries on top. Couldn't wait to get a piece of it.

Took a knife, sliced it and inside was a two layer chocolate cake with fudge in between layers. All I can say is W T H, so disappointed. I've never heard of a strawberry shortcake like this in my life. Called the store and they said it wasn't labeled wrong and that some of their strawberry shortcakes are chocolate.

PFFT! Never heard of such a thing, it's just wrong, really wrong.

//end of venting//

pooflady

lplady wrote:I'm eating chocolate cake because I'm stuck with it.

I always have strawberry shortcake on my birthday and just couldn't wait till then so I stopped and purchased one today. A little while ago I took it out of the fridge and saw this beautiful round mass of white fluffy heaven with eight big strawberries on top. Couldn't wait to get a piece of it.

Took a knife, sliced it and inside was a two layer chocolate cake with fudge in between layers. All I can say is We, the Hitchhikers, so disappointed. I've never heard of a strawberry shortcake like this in my life. Called the store and they said it wasn't labeled wrong and that some of their strawberry shortcakes are chocolate.

//end of venting//

Agree, that's ridiculous.

lplady

pooflady wrote:Agree, that's ridiculous.

Yep. Won't be buying from the bakery in that store again. The lady on the phone pointed out that on the label it says C Strawberry Shortcake. I checked and it did in fact have a C, but still...

pooflady

lplady wrote:Yep. Won't be buying from the bakery in that store again. The lady on the phone pointed out that on the label it says C Strawberry Shortcake. I checked and it did in fact have a C, but still...

So how are you supposed to know C means chocolate?

Raining

lplady wrote:I'm eating chocolate cake because I'm stuck with it.

Took a knife, sliced it and inside was a two layer chocolate cake with fudge in between layers. All I can say is W T H, so disappointed. I've never heard of a strawberry shortcake like this in my life. Called the store and they said it wasn't labeled wrong and that some of their strawberry shortcakes are chocolate.

//end of venting//

How can a strawberry shortcake be chocolate?

lplady

pooflady wrote:So how are you supposed to know C means chocolate?

I haven't a clue. The whole thing is weird to me. I ate one piece last night and gave the rest to a neighbor. Just pissed me off looking at it. lol

lplady

Raining wrote:How can a strawberry shortcake be chocolate?

That's what my question was. So I was a smart ass. Went to google and typed in chocolate strawberry shortcake. I fully expected that my search would come up with no choc. strawberry shortcakes. Then I was going to print that page out and take it over to the bakery and show them that there is no such thing.

I hit search and there are pages and pages of recipes for chocolate strawberry shortcakes. I see it and still don't believe it. I believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny more.

Mavyn

Last half of a chicken-cheese-steak sammy.

No steak, not sure why they're called that, but still very yummy.

Same place, I ordered a gyro and pronouncded it 'he-row'. The gal looked blankly at me, so I pointed to it on the menu and she said, with exaggerated sounds, 'oh, a JIE-row.'

Mmmhmm.

lplady

Mavyn wrote:Last half of a chicken-cheese-steak sammy.

No steak, not sure why they're called that, but still very yummy.

Same place, I ordered a gyro and pronouncded it 'he-row'. The gal looked blankly at me, so I pointed to it on the menu and she said, with exaggerated sounds, 'oh, a JIE-row.'

Mmmhmm.

Funny you should say this. We just had a discussion about this last week when we were downtown and my son corrected me. According to google translate audio, he was wrong.

GYRO

Mavyn

lplady wrote:Funny you should say this. We just had a discussion about this last week when we were downtown and my son corrected me. According to google translate audio, he was wrong.

GYRO

The sandwich is hee-ro, the twirly thing is a jie-ro.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gyro

lplady

Mavyn wrote:The sandwich is hee-ro, the twirly thing is a jie-ro.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gyro

Hmm, interesting. Thanks.

klozitshoper

HI. Just finished a deli sliced turkey with swiss (I warm it a wee bit in the micro-good enough with cheese melted not to have to add any mustard, mayo, or the like) on 5 grain bread and some iced green tea.

Would love to try the Cstrawberry shortcake - never heard of it either.

jasneko

A toasted whole grain tortilla folded over nutella.

Vote!

pooflady

lplady wrote:Hmm, interesting. Thanks.

I always thought gyro was pronounced yearo.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I always thought gyro was pronounced yearo.

You are the most correct. My best friend from childhood is greek-greek. Based on many overheard rants from annoyed Greeks, it is absolutely not not not jie-ro and very much closer to yearoh/yee-rhos.
But!! Pronouncing it "correctly" (in the Greek way) is largely unnecessary in America. I see it as akin to insisting on Paris being pronounced Pah-rhee or BMW actually being Bee Em Doobleh-Veh. My own pronunciation largely depends on my "audience."

And thus ends Goldenthorn's Unwelcome Lecturing Interruption of the day. But, hey, THE MORE YOU KNOW, amirite?

Thread-topic-adding, to be somewhat less jumping-in-ish: I am currently working my way through a most healthful and wise selection of leftover sushi, bagel dogs, lunchables, falafel with tzatziki, and chocolate chip cookies--all washed down with coffee. My stomach is a wonderland of calm and neutrality.

pooflady

goldenthorn wrote:You are the most correct. My best friend from childhood is greek-greek. Based on many overheard rants from annoyed Greeks, it is absolutely not not not jie-ro and very much closer to yearoh/yee-rhos.
But!! Pronouncing it "correctly" (in the Greek way) is largely unnecessary in America. I see it as akin to insisting on Paris being pronounced Pah-rhee or BMW actually being Bee Em Doobleh-Veh. My own pronunciation largely depends on my "audience."

And thus ends Goldenthorn's Unwelcome Lecturing Interruption of the day. But, hey, THE MORE YOU KNOW, amirite?

Change it to welcome interruption. Thanks.

klozitshoper

goldenthorn wrote:You are the most correct. My best friend from childhood is greek-greek. Based on many overheard rants from annoyed Greeks, it is absolutely not not not jie-ro and very much closer to yearoh/yee-rhos.

Thread-topic-adding, to be somewhat less jumping-in-ish: I am currently working my way through a most healthful and wise selection of leftover sushi, bagel dogs, lunchables, falafel with tzatziki, and chocolate chip cookies--all washed down with coffee. My stomach is a wonderland of calm and neutrality.

Wait until later.

pooflady

What's a bagel dog?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What's a bagel dog?

A hot dog wrapped in bagel dough! I will admit that it is truly disgusting and an abomination of a port[food]manteau, but it is oh!so!delicious!

klozitshoper wrote:Wait until later.

Alas but that my stomach is too used to such mixtures! It is a most terrible pairing of shame and pride that swirls within me, rather than the deserved wrenching of indigestion. I have been promised by all that with age my doom shall find me. Until then, I lead it a merry chase through my digestive system! (I've also been guzzling water for the last hour to counteract any punishment.)

jasneko

A chocolate chip cookie and a chai latte. A bit too sweet together, but each are individually good.

Vote!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

I just got back from a late night T.G.I. Fridays trip. I had Pot Stickers and Potato Skins. Yum!

pooflady

Lish64 wrote:I just got back from a late night T.G.I. Fridays trip. I had Pot Stickers and Potato Skins. Yum!

Mmmm, love their pot stickers.

coffeenogrumpy

foooood
2 weeks i have been on a diet. i broke it this evening for my son's graduation dinner.. so sad.. so much regret.