Kadail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kadail
auggie24 wrote:Congrats! Keep an eye out for Cho designs - they *seem* to pop up all the time!

What are some of his other designs? I might have them as I had to buy this t-shirt. (no royal blue shirts yet either)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
auggie24 wrote:Not all have baleen, the Sperm Whale has teeth.

These sure look like teeth, to me, too:

True Auggie I merely made a comment because she wasn't sure on the word baleen... But I am pretty sure it's supposed to be a fish. I think he said that in the water derby. If I am mistaken, then I apologize.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
JadenKale wrote:True Auggie I merely made a comment because she wasn't sure on the word baleen... But I am pretty sure it's supposed to be a fish. I think he said that in the water derby. If I am mistaken, then I apologize.

No problem. With the water obscuring a lot of the outline, it could be either. I just don't know of any fish that have the cylindrical teeth that this one has.

Either way, this shirt is still K-A (and no - not killer app).

JadenKale

Kadail wrote:What are some of his other designs? I might have them as I had to buy this t-shirt. (no royal blue shirts yet either)

There are 2 currently linked in the write up on this shirt: Duck Hunt from last week's derby, and the Penguin shirt from the Greed derby.

Then he's had an octopus shirt win the pattern derby, Alice in wonderland won the graffiti derby, 2 of his shirts won the line art derby... pretty much scan through the 'Community' tab, and you'll find all of them, right from the very beginning with his Melting Snowmen shirt. I think, officially, he's had 15-18 shirts printed.

mrecuay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrecuay

I loved this design from the start, and I am so happy it is finally getting printed. The movement and power of that monster fish towering over the fisherman are great. Good work, Cho.

weathersage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weathersage

Captivating! Mother Nature's wrath depicted beautifully by Mr. Cho. Tall waves are fearsome and awesome at the same time. This is my 3rd purchase of water/weather shirts - Lady in the Water and the stormy windy day shirts are in my collection. They fit beautifully with my long range weather forecasting work. Visit my weathersage.com website for a weather experience. I met a mother at the local library story hour wearing the stormy windy day shirt, and I thought that was a Woot Hoot!

No advertizing please.

Semsess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Semsess

The blue is too royal for me. But I want... I WANT WHERES WALLET?

In line for soup.

mzmuffett79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mzmuffett79

What better gift for my old man who loves the sea? I saw this and knew he would love it. Great design.

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

I had wanted this design from the Water derby. Yeah! It is more subtle than Lady in Water (which I also have). Congrat's!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

I'm so glad this shirt got made (though there was no doubt). In for one.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

I'm shocked that this isn't sold out already! I fell asleep too early last night.
Congrats to Cho - great print.

In for 1, and looking forward to receiving it!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

kkrflint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkrflint

No way... this isn't sold out?!? I get a derby at the cheaper price finally?!? Yeah for me, yeah for woot, Double yeah yeah for Cho!!!!!!!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

In for one, very nice!

ddegroat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddegroat

As a swimmer and a scuba diver, this shirt is a "I can't live without this" kind of shirt. Very nice work.

JadenKale

mia3mom wrote:I'm shocked that this isn't sold out already! I fell asleep too early last night.
Congrats to Cho - great print.

In for 1, and looking forward to receiving it!

yeah we're noticing it hasn't sold out... I'm curious as to the high vote/late sleep time of the wooters who voted. L O L

weisserj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weisserj

I wouldn't wear this but I really like it!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
JadenKale wrote:yeah we're noticing it hasn't sold out... I'm curious as to the high vote/late sleep time of the wooters who voted. L O L

that would make sense. A world of early-to-bed voters. ;)

My daughters noticed the fisherman for the first time last night, and that nixed it for them. So instead of buying 3-4, I got 1. Good for wallet, at least.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

JadenKale

mia3mom wrote:that would make sense. A world of early-to-bed voters. ;)

My daughters noticed the fisherman for the first time last night, and that nixed it for them. So instead of buying 3-4, I got 1. Good for wallet, at least.

llo well it seems it's finally reaching the end for the fish shirt. It's down to low stock on the wootalyzer and it's bouncing on the main page.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

Went to bed early, and still scored the huge fishy shirt for the Old Man and the Sea that lives in my house. Yay!!!!

crap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crap

i wonder how many people are in the "love it but wouldnt wear it" category that voted for this shirt but arent buying it? I personally feel awkward wearing asian looking art because well Im asian. I guess its the same reason I wouldnt wear a shirt with dragons all over it but maybe thats just me...

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester

In for one, and it'll be my first blue shirt in a long time :3 normally I just don't find them that appealing but I really like this.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

I'm at a lose as to how this shirt is about to see out. Am I missing somethig?

JadenKale

Daystar wrote:I'm at a lose as to how this shirt is about to see out. Am I missing somethig?

2000 shirts - 1100+ voters who wanted it - X number of doubles and triples purchased - anyone who saw it tonight and decided they must have it= sold out.

really not hard. Cho's good at what he does. I'm fairly sure he got 2nd place too.

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff

I shirt.wooted today. That felt good.

EDIT: Woah, didn't expect to be the last one... only 1500?

JadenKale

Turbotuff wrote:I shirt.wooted today. That felt good.

grats on being last.

yeah that's a surprise. they recently upped it to 2k worth of shirts printed. I wonder why the downgrade? Although, we could verywell be sitting here for another 3 hrs trying to get the last 500 sold off.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster

I would guess that the 1500 quantity setting is an error and this sale may reopen a bit later in the morning. Shirt team will make that call though.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Turbotuff wrote:I shirt.wooted today. That felt good.

I was suprised by the low print number (1500) too. I was expecting 2000. I wonder why they changed it.

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

i'm an avid fisherman as well as a fashion guru.

i want this shirt right now, but it's sold out. d'oh!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
dea007 wrote:I was suprised by the low print number (1500) too. I was expecting 2000. I wonder why they changed it.

Maybe because they know they'll sell as many as they make available, and why not get $15 each instead of $10? I know that's petty thinking, but again... why so few?

JadenKale

Webfoot08 wrote:Maybe because they know they'll sell as many as they make available, and why not get $15 each instead of $10? I know that's petty thinking, but again... why so few?

I think Snapster has the right idea. We'll just wait and see what develops.

lobomute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lobomute

Anyone else think Shirt.Woot is being kinda.... Dumb? ATLEAST the last 2 shirts have sold out before 8 am... and it’s listed until midnight... Perhaps they should order more than 1500 shirts initially since their market/audience/following is growing steadily?

I know you can order a shirt for $15 bucks a day or two later... But I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that won't pay $15 bucks for something other people got for $10.

Seems like basic economics to me... you know? Supply and demand? Demand increases, so supply should too? Because if it doesn't, Woot will become another textbook case of missed opportunity, and will be put under by another company that recognizes this opportunity, takes Woot's idea, and improves upon it.

Irishfury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irishfury

I want this shirt will it be offered again? I am new to the whole woot process.

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally
lobomute wrote:Anyone else think Shirt.Woot is being kinda.... Dumb? ATLEAST the last 2 shirts have sold out before 8 am...

Yesterday's shirt wasn't sold out until at least 10am-11am here in Michigan. I would know because I bought mine at 8:30am

troymess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troymess

Clicked on the link to buy and when I logged in, it re-directed me back to the shirt and it said Sold Out! Bummer!!! I just missed out...

JadenKale

lobomute wrote:Anyone else think Shirt.Woot is being kinda.... Dumb? ATLEAST the last 2 shirts have sold out before 8 am... and it’s listed until midnight... Perhaps they should order more than 1500 shirts initially since their market/audience/following is growing steadily?

I know you can order a shirt for $15 bucks a day or two later... But I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that won't pay $15 bucks for something other people got for $10.

Seems like basic economics to me... you know? Supply and demand? Demand increases, so supply should too? Because if it doesn't, Woot will become another textbook case of missed opportunity, and will be put under by another company that recognizes this opportunity, takes Woot's idea, and improves upon it.

It's called being savvy. They will run anywhere from 1500-2000 shirts on a first day run. They gage how well they do with all their little meters and whatnot. The point of the shirt on a limited first run print is that if it does well, it'll sell out fast causing more people to look around the next day and purchase the shirt at $15 a piece.

Shirt.woot is set up just like woot.com, and sellout.woot in the respect that it is 1 deal a day and they leave the info up til the next midnight sale item - sold out or not. It's a supply and demand thing. People who want the shirt badly enough will stay up and watch for the shirt (especially when you as a consumer get to vote on the shirt during a derby and derby shirts are listed Friday - Sunday at midnight). Those who really want it but didn't stay up like those who really wanted it, will have to pick it up the next night at midnight. They ARE catering to supply and demand, otherwise this wouldn't be working for so long. By the way, they buy in bulk (that is to say, they buy their own shirts and print the shirts themselves with their own screen printing press.) They don't have to outsource through another site. Give these people some credit. They know what they are doing.

Selling them at $15 does two-fold. 1, it causes you to really watch for designs and try and buy them right away. 2, having it at $15 allows the designers to get a nice cut per shirt sold. Depending on the situation, the designer can make either $1 or $2 per shirt sold making for a hefty purse come the end of it's full run.

Don't hate the players, hate the game. They really DO know how to play the system to make you buy them the day after they sell out.

as it is, this should have probably been a 2000 shirt run but was misposted. We'll see later as to that status.

Tim2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tim2me

Dang! This isn't sold out yet? I waited up last night to buy this, and now I'm super tired, and will not get anything done at work today.

JadenKale

troymess wrote:Clicked on the link to buy and when I logged in, it re-directed me back to the shirt and it said Sold Out! Bummer!!! I just missed out...

go back and purchase it now... it's back up!

JadenKale

Tim2me wrote:Dang! This isn't sold out yet? I waited up last night to buy this, and now I'm super tired, and will not get anything done at work today.

There was a mistake at 7am. We found out it was mismarked for only 1500 shirts to be sold on the first run. It should have been 2000. So woot corrected the mistake and they're back up for sale.

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
JadenKale wrote:Don't hate the players, hate the game. They really DO know how to play the system to make you buy them the day after they sell out.

It is a love/hate relationship with Shirt.woot... For the derby shirts I have set my alarm clock for 1AM EST just to get the shirt I wanted before it sold out... especially when they were only doing 500 print runs. Its always worth it though. I think my girlfriend and I each have enough woot shirts to wear for 2 weeks straight.

JadenKale

Turbotuff wrote:It is a love/hate relationship with Shirt.woot... For the derby shirts I have set my alarm clock for 1AM EST just to get the shirt I wanted before it sold out... especially when they were only doing 500 print runs. Its always worth it though. I think my girlfriend and I each have enough woot shirts to wear for 2 weeks straight.

I think I may have you beat then. I currently own over 20 just for myself. And I have double of my shirt that printed: See link in sig with the glowy text.