Temperance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance
Re: OH! For ME?

Love it. Hilarious and well drawn :]

ommers74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ommers74
Re: OH! For ME?

Nice!
Similar idea to dragonly love, but more well crafted...

ommers74

Re: Her Motherly Nature

Wow. My mom would love this.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: Mothers Day As A Child...

Resubbed... please re vote

Please check it out

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: Mama Bear

I really like that you actually made some really nice changes rather than just slap "mom" on the mug. I love the curler in the hair. Is it just me or does this have more detail in the linework than the original?

ommers74

Re: please stop devouring my children.

Sorry, but I thought they were potatoes. It makes more sense if they are potatoes - you know, you plant one in the ground and it puts out shoots that grow new potatoes. Are they potatoes? Or are they cookies?
It's still funny either way.

ommers74

Re: Bamboo Eating 101

awwwww. Large black and white bear. Eats, shoots and leaves.

DYags

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DYags
folkkevi wrote:I went in a completely different style with this design, I think a more fruitfull one. Please let me know what you guys think.

I'd like it more if the graphic wasn't so large.. Have you tried this in a deep, rusty orange? Might work better

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
nlitwiller wrote:this has got my vote but I think I might like it better w/o the timer on the egg.
either way i'll buy it if it's printed

That's sort of the point. Have you never seen an egg timer?

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi

as in the shirt-color?

ommers74

Re: Your Mama Wears Combat Boots

This is beautiful. It should win, but probably won't cause it's not LOUD.
I like quiet designs.
I'd definitely wear this, though maybe in another color.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tallworm wrote:I really like that you actually made some really nice changes rather than just slap "mom" on the mug. I love the curler in the hair. Is it just me or does this have more detail in the linework than the original?

Yeah, one of the things I didn't like about the original was the lack of detail. I think it really helps flesh it out. I tried to keep it a little rough because having it too clean and polished wouldn't really fit the grumpy look on the bear.

micromarcie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micromarcie
Re: Baby Carrots Need Love Too

Aww this is cute. the poor crying one.

ommers74

Re: Rhino Mom Loves Baby Rhino

Great colors.

micromarcie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micromarcie
Re: my mom can beat up your mom

yeahhh, I don't know how I feel about the font either, but i def. cracked up at this design.

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
asyrith wrote:That reminds me...what is the Pancakes thing all about? I see it around, but I'm not sure what it means...as it what it's filtering.

Cool shirt by the way.

Thanks! Hopefully it'll catch on for people who are looking for a "cool" shirt as opposed to a shirt with a cartoon on it (not that there's anything wrong with that, but... ya know).

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters
Re: please stop devouring my children.

This reminds me of a shirt I've seen somewhere...I can't peg it though. Funny nevertheless.

www.c8-bit.com

ommers74

Re: Nobodys' child

B--E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.
And funny to boot.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:I like the concept... probably needs some extra geeky reference thrown in, though... something super nerdy to get the votes flowing. :-)

It was suggested that I change it to M.A.N.G.A. (Non-Geek Adolescents) Maybe I will.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SRMN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SRMN
Re: First breath

If it wasn't on white...

ommers74

Re: go, super fetus league, fight crime!

Excellent, excellent, excellent.
I love the poop colored speech bubbles

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters
Re: Wedding Crashers

Hilarious, but the design could use some work.

www.c8-bit.com

cwilco01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

This shirt is awesome!! I dig

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
ommers74 wrote:awwwww. Large black and white bear. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Hehehe... you have a comma error there, as I'm sure you know from that book. :-)

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
Caiters wrote:Hilarious, but the design could use some work.

yeah, it would look better if i knew what i was doing.

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: my mom can beat up your mom

chuck norris can be at 2 places at the same time

daedalusknight

superspryte wrote:It was suggested that I change it to M.A.N.G.A. (Non-Geek Adolescents) Maybe I will.

Heheh... well I'd wear a shirt that says MANGA even without the anagram. :-)

Temperance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this resub. It is a great idea and it is definitely different than the original, and I really hope this makes it into the top 3 this time. I truly don't understand what people have against resubmitting designs. If they were unpopular, then they wouldn't go anywhere and would stay at the bottom... not harming anyone. The fact that a resub makes it into the fog means people appreciate the design. It isn't like having it in another derby would sway people to vote for it more than shirts that hadn't been seen before. I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to buying this.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ign22401 wrote:Judging by the past responses, I take it you must be a contributor to other sites as well. Mind throwing up a link to some of your stuff? If this shirt is indicative of your style, I'm going to buy the hell out of your stuff.

Vote for this shirt people. It builds character.

For those who have asked, radiomode is one of those shirt tycoons you might hear about. He's been printed multiple times at Threadless and Design By Humans (and if I wasn't lazy I'm sure I could find more) but I personally associate his work most with Uneetee, where I believe he's been printed most.

He's actually been 'round these parts before, at least in the Night derby, where he submit one of my personal favorites of the week... a modified version is for sale over at uneetee. I personally like the starkness of the original better, but the uneetee rendition will, at some point, be my first purchase from that site.

Anyway, welcome back, Radio. Hopefully my support won't stifle this design's success... it's my early favorite

1985starzi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1985starzi

Hmmm... good point, but I didn't want to do any that were all caps, I find that annoying. Perhaps I should use a font without all the curved ends, more like block letters, and perhaps a bit bolder?

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: First breath

I like white shirts in summer, and I think this one lends itself very nicely to white.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
Re: My Mom's a Cougar

come on, how is cougar not pg-13
this was the only shirt i've seen this derby thats actually funny

cwilco01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

*giggles* we had a couple batches of hamster baby food as well growing up. And the momma hamster's name was toast. I love you design especially the babies!! The momma’s hands look freakish GMV

lutz60400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lutz60400

i dont see how this is off topic. clams are mothers to pearls and it says mother of pearl right on the shirt.

kroner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kroner
Re: Tennis Mama

Your shirt is 2 cute.

erinsillart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinsillart

Im In love with these Dragons, SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

VOTE!:

Dhraakellian

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dhraakellian

Yeah, the wings are hard to make out.

I do like the idea though.

My colored box^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H qube has turned dark red^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H brown. I don't really need to show off a list of everything I've wooted anymore, do I?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

tgent, you know I'm a fan, but this just isn't for me. My issue with this is not the resubmission (though my god, that whole trend can stop any time now and I'll be ecstatic) but that I simply don't think this works as well as a woman bear. The other bear was wearable by anyone because, while it was clearly male, there was nothing that assigned a gender solidly. The "mom" mug kills the entire design for me. I'm a huge proponent of designs not needing to be "masculine" or "feminine", but throw "mom" on a shirt and you've scythed your audience. That, and I think the light blue popped way more off the shirt.

The curler, admittedly, is a nice touch.

daedalusknight

lutz60400 wrote:i dont see how this is off topic. clams are mothers to pearls and it says mother of pearl right on the shirt.

Hmm... dunno... maybe it's because pearls aren't actually the babies of clams?

shadesofgrey2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadesofgrey2
Re: Mom's Apple Pie

This is a really well done shirt. GMV