Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

I love kitties too, this is a gorgeous shirt that I truly want, and that's a very generous donation you'd be making! GMV, definitely.

Webfoot08

Re: Mother Nature

Yay, this one again! Beautiful, gorgeous, so feminine. One of the best I've seen on so far on Woot.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Webfoot08 wrote:I love kitties too, this is a gorgeous shirt that I truly want, and that's a very generous donation you'd be making! GMV, definitely.

Thanks so much for your support. I hope you get your shirt. :-)

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: mom is that you?

So...what's the rest of that question? "Mom? Is that you that got crushed, strained and dumped into a glass for a refreshing beverage? Waaaaaaaaaaaa."

That's so depressing.

daedalusknight

eyeslikesugar wrote:For those who are interested: detail pre-petals in hair

Oooh... lots of little tiny details. Pretty.

Did you make a lot of changes to it since the last submission?

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: Pandamommyum!

Nice design, but im afraid that it will probably get rejected cause those strokes will be too hard to print, and I think I see some gradients.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Moms Are Brave

Sachmoe, looks awesome you are so gifted in your ability to catch action. Better get your suit ready cause its almost your turn!

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

Love your art! This one is another total winner. I think I would like it better if the Haz-Mat person looked more manly. Unless you meant it to be a mom in the suit? The hands are rather dainty, and the cocked hip is kinda femme.

If you meant it to be a mom in the suit, just ignore this.

Webfoot08

eHalcyon wrote:That should be on a t-shirt.

tgentry vs jamescho84 ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN.

I'd pay money to see that! :-)

codefish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages codefish
Re: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Hey, everyone! I'm not sure about the the shirt color, so if you have any color suggestions that you think would make the shirt look better, please tell me. I may heed your advice and resubmit. Let me know what you think, and I will greatly appreciate it!

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

daedalusknight

Failoan wrote:Nice design, but im afraid that it will probably get rejected cause those strokes will be too hard to print, and I think I see some gradients.

Yeah, sadly, things that look hand drawn will probably be rejected. You may wish to try converting it to vectors, limiting it to six ink colors. Make sure there are no lines that are smaller than one point in width.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: MAMAAA!!!

Finally a shirt I'd get my mother. Well done SBR.

Webfoot08

kroner wrote:

A lot of bears DO look like dogs, and I've seen a lot of bears (lived in Alaska, Wyoming, and now near the North Cascades.) There's a resemblance in the head shape, of course - long snout, triangular or rounded ears...

This is an online tutorial in how to draw a bear. Do you see the resemblance? I do.

http://www.janbrett.com/learn_to_draw_a_bear.htm

As for this entry, it's adorable and will be very much wanted as a mother's day gift by those who gave their dads the original one. His and hers, mom and dad... how perfect!

tgentry, all the bellyachin' is just noise. You're a talented artist and you don't have to listen to any of it, as I'm sure you know. And that's cool that you and Cho are pals - I live not too far also. My watercolors are sold at a shop in Arlington.

Webfoot08

AdderXYU wrote:tgent, you know I'm a fan, but this just isn't for me. My issue with this is not the resubmission (though my god, that whole trend can stop any time now and I'll be ecstatic) but that I simply don't think this works as well as a woman bear. The other bear was wearable by anyone because, while it was clearly male, there was nothing that assigned a gender solidly. The "mom" mug kills the entire design for me. I'm a huge proponent of designs not needing to be "masculine" or "feminine", but throw "mom" on a shirt and you've scythed your audience. That, and I think the light blue popped way more off the shirt.

The curler, admittedly, is a nice touch.

I feel it's necessary to point out that "scythed" people seem to still be able to vote. Must not have scythed their mouse-clicking fingers off.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: First breath

Thanks all...I feel the same way nothing better then a white shirt to keep cool in the summer!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:Those blues go really well together. =)

yeah not bad for only 4 colors eh? L O L

I really wanted them to look translucent.

makselarts

Re: Dragonly Love

I like the Knight..nice touch!

makselarts

Re: my mom can beat up your mom

She looks like she would be fun at the bridge game!

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
daedalusknight wrote:Uh oh... I sense a string of "Yo' mamma" jokes is on the horizon...

Please do... But only if they are creative ones!

makselarts

Re: Mama Bear

I think I like the toenails best of all! too funny

nicyoungblood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicyoungblood

i think my mom would be sad if i gave her that. she kind of likes trees... :/
all though, she likes lemons too.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mjl9320 wrote:come on, how is cougar not pg-13
this was the only shirt i've seen this derby thats actually funny

It's not pg-13 because of what the phrase means...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mia3mom wrote:squeals here for the girls' favorite designer. and a vote from me, wearing my Nessie shirt today. (got great comments at the park, too!)

Thanks Mia!!! Tell the girls thank you as well. I hope this one really does well. I've seriously been on an animal theme as of late (besides what I've entered, I'm working on some side pieces).

and YAY for Nessie! I really want him to pull through another week!

eHalcyon

rglee129 wrote:I resubbed it with a fun fact since the link to motherhood might have been tenuous. Regardless, please enjoy and thanks for the votes and comments first time around...

Out of curiosity, how many of yall already knew about the whole "seahorse males are the ones who give birth" fact?

I did know. =)

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Quality Time Resub

love the beehive hairdos and love the chickies. both take me past the "no more penguins" feeling!

nice collab!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

makselarts

Re: Where is little humphry?

Run humphry Run!

magicelso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicelso
Re: my mom can beat up your mom

Awesome entry

Can I please ask how you saved it so that the red background is so clean? I've tried everything I can think of, jpg, gif, png, quality changes, size changes, etc.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

eHalcyon

mikey113 wrote:Sick... and hilarious... I for one, love it.

I had a similar food-related idea. XP

magicelso

Re: Mother Nature

I can't vote for it and I couldn't wear it, but I wanted to say that this is a beautiful design with lovely line work.

eHalcyon

ilstu99 wrote:So...what's the rest of that question? "Mom? Is that you that got crushed, strained and dumped into a glass for a refreshing beverage? Waaaaaaaaaaaa."

That's so depressing.

Better not look at my entry then...

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: In honor of my Mom

a beautiful sentiment, and I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can find a different design to honor your mother other than the pink ribbon. Honestly, the pink ribbon is a total turnoff to me, as it is *everywhere* to the point that it seems to have lost its meaning. When I found the pink ribbon on my dog's tennis orbs, soup, and frozen potatoes, I got fed up.

I'm sorry if the negative comments upset you, but I hope that you will remember how much negative comments hurt before you leave any in the future. On entries done by 10 year olds or anyone else.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Webfoot08 wrote:I feel it's necessary to point out that "scythed" people seem to still be able to vote. Must not have scythed their mouse-clicking fingers off.

And I feel it's necessary to point out that I meant he decimated the number of people who would vote/buy, as one would clear out a swath of brush or chaff with a scythe. Not that he literally attacked people with it.

makselarts

Re: Egg Baby Trauma

Love the expression on the egg...too funny!

magicelso

Re: But I love them anyway

Wow

Everyone must love their mamas. This is another one of some great design work this week.

eHalcyon

Re: Pandamommyum!

There sure are many a panda in this derby. =P

groopsteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages groopsteve

Are the words part of the shirt? Tough to tell. Definitely gave me a chuckle.

makselarts

That baby is adorable! Great job awesome artist!

eHalcyon

Would it work without the text? And will the brown be visible on the shirt brown? Black already has problems, wouldn't another brown be even worse?

But regardless of all that, I really like the design. Those are some cuteeee acorns.

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
groopsteve wrote:Are the words part of the shirt? Tough to tell. Definitely gave me a chuckle.

no just the "your mom" text. the rest is just fluffy decor.