klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mia3mom wrote:gawgeous, simply gawgeous.

As with your other design, this would be great to wear, and great as a decoration for the non-tshirt moms/grandmoms/great-grandmoms. I'm glad it was inspired by you, your daughter, and your mom. as a mom of daughters, that's special to me, too.

Originally, I was going to have my mom, my daughter and me as the motherly faces and child. Don't know if you saw this link to the original idea. I never submitted it. I figured folks wouldn't want to sport real faces on their chest, so i changed it to a more stylized generic sketch. Probably a wise choice.

stannley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
Re: Mama Bear

teehee, almost made to order. I still need a new yellow shirt though. And a cheesy mug that proclaims my motherhood in case the stretch marks didn't do it.

ScrambledCake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScrambledCake

huh, rejection. i wonder if i resubbed with the phrase "your mother wears army boots" on the shirt itself it would be considered on theme.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Her Motherly Nature

Beefcoat wrote:Great work on your designs Kls. It always fun to see you in the fog!

artulo wrote:Wow kls, this really has a lot of great detail in it! Perfect for the theme. You are very talented!

Webfoot08 wrote:Yay! You're in the fog! This is gorgeous, just spot-on for Mom's Day.

Temperance wrote:Beautiful. Colors, design, everything... very nice job.

ommers74 wrote:Wow. My mom would love this.

Thanks guys! It's fun to be in the fog on Friday, but I haven't seen this one in the hotness, so I suspect the thrill ride will be short-lived. I appreciate the kind comments....I was a little nervous about submitting a design on yellow. Sometimes they don't fare too well.

alturk13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alturk13

the theme is motherhood.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Always love your work, KLS.. hope this stays in the fog.. my mother would love it

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: Nobodys' child

Thank you for the votes!
I am supprised that somebody actually remember about that derby entry since it did not do very good here.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

KIN I HAZ KLS SWEEP PLZ? KTHNXBAI

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
klswoot wrote:Originally, I was going to have my mom, my daughter and me as the motherly faces and child. Don't know if you saw this link. But I figured folks wouldn't want to sport real faces on their chest, so i changed it to a more stylized generic sketch. Probably a wise choice.

yep, I remember. it's part of why I like the design. I think the generic sketch works better, but I hope you gave a copy of the other to your mom!

So happy to see you in the fog, and with a design I'd love to own! Oldest wore Koi to the park today, with many nice comments.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Hell Hath No Fury

Hathor is the ancient Egyptian goddess who watches over mothers. She's often depicted as a cow, or at least having the head of a cow, wearing the headdress and neck piece.

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
Re: Help! Momma Ate Jimmy!

Poor Jimmy, Timmy, Tommy, Tony, Lily, and Eduardo! Momma angler fish ate them all up. Oh well, life goes on...

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: I got a PHD!

Allison, this is going to be rejected. First, you need to have your design on a shirt template. One was available on the same page that you used to enter this.

Second, the magnifying class appears to have gradients or half tones, which woot cannot do well at this point. If that is not the case, it would help for you to show on your design which colors you used. Keep in mind that you can only use 6, plus the shirt color.

Third, the design has to have something to do with moms or motherhood. It isn't clear from what we see that you have done this. ANd please, don't copy pictures from somewhere else.

I recommend you withdraw this, and resubmit when you have fixed these things.
\

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
fablefire wrote:Hathor is the ancient Egyptian goddess who watches over mothers. She's often depicted as a cow, or at least having the head of a cow, wearing the headdress and neck piece.

Plus, she was a villain on Stargate. :-)

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
rglee129 wrote:I resubbed it with a fun fact since the link to motherhood might have been tenuous. Regardless, please enjoy and thanks for the votes and comments first time around...

Out of curiosity, how many of yall already knew about the whole "seahorse males are the ones who give birth" fact?

me.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: Nothing Says Love Like Regurgitation

Aw, you beat me to the punch. My tagline was "Thanks Mom!" But you saved me from having to draw it tonight, so I'll give you a vote.

darylv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darylv

Hi all,

Long time follower (not so much commenter...) on shirt.woot.com. This is my first submission ever so any comments or constructive criticism welcome. I was trying to play off of "which came first-the chicken or the egg?" while incorporating the circle of life/motherhood.

- DarylV

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
radiomode wrote:Thank you for the votes!
I am supprised that somebody actually remember about that derby entry since it did not do very good here.

At Woot, talent is always recognized... in forums and posts. Rarely in votes. But you got mine.

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: Mommy Dearest

Hahaha, so funny. I remember I shouted this out during class one day. Nobody, except my teacher got it and she just laughed and told me to shut up....*sigh* good times

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Hell Hath No Fury

our cutest-puppy-ever is named Ra, for the Egyptian sun god. We likes us some mythology. Hathor is cool, and not only because she has a website!

nice work again, fable!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
Failoan wrote:Nice design, but im afraid that it will probably get rejected cause those strokes will be too hard to print, and I think I see some gradients.

Hopefully not, it is a great design.

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
Re: Dragonly Love

Man, I told myself NOT MORE DARK SHIRTS! but this is so cute!

kristynk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristynk
Re: Mommy Dearest

I had no idea it was a movie reference..I really thought it was in reference to abortion..so since I'm assuming I'm not the only case..and the guys at woot are going under that assumption..I can see why they'd be worried about the offensiveness..

I most recently rock out in Lust Is Like A Flame, but am almost always seen wearing Jimmy...Is That You?. In addition, I am the proud member of 26 total shirt.woots.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

kristen, this is fabuous! just absolutely gorgeous, and yay for the lemon!

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

Check out the other version of this shirt!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
darylv wrote:Hi all,

Long time follower (not so much commenter...) on shirt.woot.com. This is my first submission ever so any comments or constructive criticism welcome. I was trying to play off of "which came first-the chicken or the egg?" while incorporating the circle of life/motherhood.

- DarylV

This is nice in that it's cleanly drawn and has very good execution. Nicely styled.
I'm not sure it's a subject that will get you a lot of votes, but it shows you know how to make a shirt. :-)

North00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages North00

way too many colors and completely off topic.

narkus

Re: Mother Nature

here's hoping i can finally buy this shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love, love, love : )

narkus

jmseifer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmseifer

I like it. Clever, understated. My personal preference would be for the last little guy to be sucking a tentacle and dragging a teddy bear or dolly. Either way, I think it's one of the best designs so far! Good luck!

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
Re: Quality Time Resub

Oh man, Gamma Sigma Sigma's animal is a penguin and this is AWESOME for big sis / little sis week!

narkus

Re: Nobodys' child

damn! what cool characters! i really dig this : )

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: robot reunion

I'd be all over this if it wasn't on creme

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78

I really like this. Something like this should win. I hope it does.

cloudberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cloudberry
Re: Your Eggo Is Preggo

Awesome!

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Mecha Mommy

This Shirt was Designed by the Lovely Jessica Long as a part of TEAM PAB. A bunch of miscreant Theatre arts majors who have decided to form a T-Shirt design Team. The execution of the e-design was by Adam Ressa.

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: But I love them anyway

Well done, and the colors are refreshing. This is one that would look so much better on the tee than the monitor.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
klswoot wrote:Mother Nature with her child in a heart-shaped leafy, floral design on cream-colored shirt.

Where did this go?

narkus

Re: Rhino Mom Loves Baby Rhino

yay rhinos! rhinos rock! gmv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

micromarcie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micromarcie
Re: There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

i like the kid that is fishing.

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Mother Board

This Shirt was designed by the lovely Will Quinn. He is a member of TEAM PAB, a bunch of theatre arts majors form Virginia Tech turned designers. The e-design execution was by Adam Ressa.