daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
smithsonia wrote:awww... I'm a spinster, so I love cats. I'm a daughter, so I love moms. Bless your heart for donating your (hopeful) proceeds.

cute all around.

Thanks so much for your support and kind words.

ScrambledCake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScrambledCake

i added the text to the shirt itself; hopefully this will make the theme of the shirt more clear when the shirt stands alone. :-)

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Message in the Sand

I like it! Good job.

Re: First breath

daedalusknight

zekecatz wrote:My mother is gone (lung cancer) and I would love to wear this in her memory. My cats and I vote for this one.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's been quite amazing to see how many people in our little community here have been affected by cancer. I thank you (and your cats :-) for your vote.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
eHalcyon wrote:That should be on a t-shirt.

tgentry vs jamescho84 ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN.

I'd buy tickets to that. Heck, I'd host it if I also lived 30 minutes from you guys.

schizoreaper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schizoreaper
Re: Message in the Sand

you should consider fixing the shells so they blend stylistically. harsh black lines don't go with the rest of the piece.
also, your stick is hovering somehow. try adjusting your shadow so it hugs where you imagine the stick actually touches the sand

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33

b

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
jmseifer wrote:I like it. Clever, understated. My personal preference would be for the last little guy to be sucking a tentacle and dragging a teddy bear or dolly. Either way, I think it's one of the best designs so far! Good luck!

Thank you so much ;-)

I can see the last one holding a teddy bear, too--hmmm.... Definitely some food for thought! :-)

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: OH! For ME?

Very nice!!

Re: First breath

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
daedalusknight wrote:Heeeheh.... uhm...Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries? :-)

Sorry, guess I'm not too good at being mean. Maybe someone will come along and start hating both our shirts so that we can both get more votes. :-)

Wait, you actually said "smelled of elderberries" ? Way to preempt the woot filters. You know, those filters are there FOR A REASON. Now you're just using the normally humourous replacement words as your own insults. This is how profanities become profanities! I'd say you have a dirty mouth, but you're typing. You have dirty hands. Your mother should wash your hands out with soap. Yeah, I said it. Want to make something of it?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

Re: Busy Mother

I figured something would do something like this. XP

Hmm... I wonder if that golden section shirt from the spring derby will be resubbed... that had multiplying bunnies as well. XP

eHalcyon

Re: My Mummy Rules

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I had this idea. I was going to do the mummy pun. I was amazed that nobody else had yet. And now you've beaten me to it.

Well, my idea was very much different... I'll see if I can do it anyway. I won't have time until tomorrow anyway, and I'm not amazing enough to win with an on-time entry, let alone a late one...

daedalusknight

eHalcyon wrote:Wait, you actually said "smelled of elderberries" ? Way to preempt the woot filters.

I was quoting Monty Python, actually. :-)

eHalcyon wrote: You know, those filters are there FOR A REASON. Now you're just using the normally humourous replacement words as your own insults. This is how profanities become profanities! I'd say you have a dirty mouth, but you're typing. You have dirty hands. Your mother should wash your hands out with soap. Yeah, I said it. Want to make something of it?

Heheeh. Nice try. :-)

eHalcyon

Re: Mother Board

Excellent pun.

Was anybody else reminded of that treehouse of horrors episode (Simpsons) where the aliens were fended off by boards with nails in them?

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd

Beautiful and sexy at the same time.
Nice work.

Re: Mother's Power

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

More than just genetics. More than just instinct. Motherhood is love. This shirt depicts the mother that is, the mother that was, and the mother to be.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
afb264 wrote:This is a legit resubmit and it goes well with the theme, but the bear is bit too masculine right now. Maybe if it had a full set of curlers rather than one...

You obviously have never slept with curlers on. Many women sleep with only one for their bangs, or one on each side, or some variation thereof. I can't sleep with a full set of rollers, and I would need something stronger than coffee to help me in the morning.

eHalcyon

suzyottomatic wrote:Your the only artist that can make me vote for cute. Plus I look great in Yellow. Good luck.

Curse you, fablefire! My egg stands no chance. XP

I'm not familiar enough with Egyptian mythology either. Really, my only exposure to Egyptian and Norse mythology came from Age of Mythology. =P

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
daedalusknight wrote:Heeeheh.... uhm...Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries? :-)

Sorry, guess I'm not too good at being mean. Maybe someone will come along and start hating both our shirts so that we can both get more votes. :-)

I'm still hoping for SuperGeek mom entries, but in the mean time I'll give you bonus points for the Monty Python quote.

My grandmother would love your shirt, DK. She's one of 5 sisters that lived into their 80s +, and while none of them (knock on wood) has had breast cancer, my Nana is fighting 3 (unrelated) forms of cancer. Plus she collects anything with kitties.

As for raising votes with nastiness, I seem to only be able to muster nastiness when my kids are refusing to do chores. So, go load the dishwasher already, and put away the eggs!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader

How about Mothers Against Deadbeat Daughters?

Changing the acronym doesn't make it a parody, it demolishes any chance for humor. :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
Re: Momma Slime

How do you think of these designs, your a freaking genius.

eHalcyon

mia3mom wrote:the fishing kid is genius! I love that almost all of the kids are smiling. And that's not an easy feat as a mom. Another great design, zenne!

There is the one angry kid... Zenne, what's the backstory on that disgruntled child?

Also... where's poppa? He must be off raking in the green (look at how stylish that shoe is). He's just never home. Daddy's never home...

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33
snarkygal wrote:No, I'm sure the Woot staff is aware of the movie reference. It is just the movie was about child abuse. That is what they found to be offensive.

belts are ok though? (Mom's tools)

eHalcyon

suzyottomatic wrote:Ooh, great idea but than the men may not vote. Have love the purples on darks since mahalis (sorry if misspelled) fireweed design. This doesn't hit you over the head with momness which is great for us moms not wearing mom jeans.

This design isn't that feminine. Why wouldn't us guys vote for this?

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Mecha Mommy

PS. Were all about Virginia Tech

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Mecha Mommy

PS. Were all about Virginia Tech

eHalcyon

mia3mom wrote:I'm still hoping for SuperGeek mom entries, but in the mean time I'll give you bonus points for the Monty Python quote.

My grandmother would love your shirt, DK. She's one of 5 sisters that lived into their 80s +, and while none of them (knock on wood) has had breast cancer, my Nana is fighting 3 (unrelated) forms of cancer. Plus she collects anything with kitties.

As for raising votes with nastiness, I seem to only be able to muster nastiness when my kids are refusing to do chores. So, go load the dishwasher already, and put away the eggs!

How dare you.

Also - I don't watch enough Monty Python. =\

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
seebach33 wrote:so apparently the famous movie quote itself is offensive...another post was also rejected that had the mommy dearest title so that it would be clear and it is a no go. they could have specified only warm and fuzzy mom designs allowed....I mean, they had to see this quote coming.

I think they're taking it to me that you're implying the use of wire hangers for abortions (like the back alley jobs back in the old days). I'm sure the people who work for Woot are way too young to have seen this movie, so they don't get the joke. They're also surprisingly conservative, so if they think you're implying "abortion hangers" they would deem it offensive. I think it's great though, if it's any consolation. :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
daedalusknight wrote:Wow... amazing coincidence. I'm very sorry to hear you and your family have to deal with cancer. I'm very glad you like my shirt and I send my healthiest wishes to your mother.

What color would you like to see? I was originally going to do it on pink, but Woot doesn't offer pink. This color provided (to my eyes anyway) the nicest contrast.

Thanks for the good wishes for my mother, I am thrilled to say she is doing much better than I ever hoped for, right now. We have been very fortunate.

As for what color I would like to see, when you consider that you are using the shirt background as part of the color/s of your kittens, the gray seems to be your best choice. I would have loved to have seen this on pink. I've purchased a few gray shirts, lately and am tired of the color but I can't think of anything that would work better, now that I think about it. I will certainly buy this if given the opportunity!

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
suzyottomatic wrote:Ooh, great idea but than the men may not vote. Have love the purples on darks since mahalis (sorry if misspelled) fireweed design. This doesn't hit you over the head with momness which is great for us moms not wearing mom jeans.

Regardless if it does well in this week's contest, I'm glad that you and a handful of others appreciate this design for some of the same reasons I do ;-) This in itself is rewarding!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Portuguese Mom-of-war

very different from JadenKale's jellyfish, but also very cool. I love the purple on black reminiscent of Fireweed from the Canada derby - good job!

I grew up with the cuddly kind of jellyfish (we used to toss them at each other at sailing camp), but my husband has been stung by a nasty one in Texas and doesn't understand my jellyfish love. He'd like this one, though. nice work!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

chrystaljoyous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrystaljoyous
Re: Mother of All

I think this is beautiful! Perfect for midwives!

daedalusknight

mia3mom wrote:I'm still hoping for SuperGeek mom entries, but in the mean time I'll give you bonus points for the Monty Python quote.

Why thank you. :-)

mia3mom wrote:My grandmother would love your shirt, DK. She's one of 5 sisters that lived into their 80s +,

Wow! That's great. :-)

mia3mom wrote: and while none of them (knock on wood) has had breast cancer, my Nana is fighting 3 (unrelated) forms of cancer.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

mia3mom wrote: Plus she collects anything with kitties.

Cool. I know more than one grandmother like that. :-)

mia3mom wrote:As for raising votes with nastiness, I seem to only be able to muster nastiness when my kids are refusing to do chores. So, go load the dishwasher already, and put away the eggs!

HEheheh... especially the egg staring at the roast chicken over there... :-)

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
schizoreaper wrote:you should consider fixing the shells so they blend stylistically. harsh black lines don't go with the rest of the piece.
also, your stick is hovering somehow. try adjusting your shadow so it hugs where you imagine the stick actually touches the sand

You are quite right and I will see what I can do.

daedalusknight

CAMMS wrote:Thanks for the good wishes for my mother, I am thrilled to say she is doing much better than I ever hoped for, right now. We have been very fortunate.

I'm pleased to hear it.

CAMMS wrote:As for what color I would like to see, when you consider that you are using the shirt background as part of the color/s of your kittens, the gray seems to be your best choice. I would have loved to have seen this on pink. I've purchased a few gray shirts, lately and am tired of the color but I can't think of anything that would work better, now that I think about it. I will certainly buy this if given the opportunity!

Thanks so much for your support! :-)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
imthej wrote:sorry dude, i'll try to stick with cute cuddly animals that the weirdest adults in this country flock to shirt woot for.

Im not saying my design is great at all but dont make comments like that just because i dont conform to 'kids-r-us' shirts that usually win this competition.

Talking about "conformity" while hawking for a design like this is hilarious. Do continue making me laugh.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
bsweber wrote:thanks guys!

Hahah, what I meant was thanks for the suggestions, not being sarcastic!

designminion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages designminion

I don't check derbies that often these days, school keeps me busy, but even I have seen this one before. Not saying it doesn't happen at least once every derby. Just kind of annoying to jump on, looking for original ideas to steal, and finding the same warmed over ideas. Dang you all.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Bust of Frigg

cool beans

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: The Original Mother

Please let me know what you guys think.