designminion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages designminion

Nice, wish this was in the fog -.-

Bin4givn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bin4givn
Re: Mother Symbol

What color is the shirt. I can't tell on my computer.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
Bin4givn wrote:What color is the shirt. I can't tell on my computer.

Looks like navy.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: Bust of Frigg

In Norse Mythology, Frigg was the wife of Odin and was associated with female fertility. Norse women would often pray to Frigg during their pregnancies to guarantee a safe carriage.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
imthej wrote:i have 11 votes...im nowhere near the top so why are people making their way to the bottom of the list to make mean comments. All i ask is that if someone doesnt have something nice to say or even constructive criticism, then dont say it. I have received probation numerous times on this site and it's always been when i was defending myself. I just got off 256 hours of probation for defending myself against something else Adder said. I just want to be left alone by those who only care to open their mouths to say something mean

If you received probation, it was not for defending yourself. It would have been for any particularly nasty comment. Even if you are defending yourself, it does not give you the right to insult others - past a certain limit, at least. If you feel that somebody has crossed the line, just report the post and move on. If you argue and say something worse, that just means you're more likely to be put on probation.

In any case, this is the internet. If you're going to be here, you really have to grow some thick skin. There are many jerks on the internet - or at least, they'll seem jerky to you - you'll probably seem jerky to them at the same time. It's what happens when there are millions upon millions of people who don't all have the same opinion.

Nobody is immune from probation. Just be careful what you say and you'll be fine. Some people just prefer to push the limits - like Adder. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
Re: Momolith

My little homage to Mom, the pillar of the family.

daedalusknight

sundbe10 wrote:In Norse Mythology, Frigg was the wife of Odin and was associated with female fertility. Norse women would often pray to Frigg during their pregnancies to guarantee a safe carriage.

Hehe... I need to pay more attention. Didn't even realize this was a mythology shirt because I didn't read the title. Great work. :-)

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
mia3mom wrote:very different from JadenKale's jellyfish, but also very cool. I love the purple on black reminiscent of Fireweed from the Canada derby - good job!

I grew up with the cuddly kind of jellyfish (we used to toss them at each other at sailing camp), but my husband has been stung by a nasty one in Texas and doesn't understand my jellyfish love. He'd like this one, though. nice work!

I completely understand. I love jellyfish, too, and living in Florida I have sampled a variety of stings. But like you said, no matter their toxic punch, there is just something beautiful about these creatures. It's fun to hear that another jell-o-phile and not-so-jell-o-phile like the design! Makes me smile!! Thanks ;-)

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
Re: I Have The _______ Mom Ever

An adjective to describe my mom, but I still think your mom is the ______ mom ever!

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan

Wonderful shirt.

Just a guess, but I think the angry child is the 9th of her 17 kids. Middle children always have problems. Will these colors show up ok on this shirt?

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag
Re: Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I'm afraid I just wouldn't want to wear this...

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
eHalcyon wrote:This design isn't that feminine. Why wouldn't us guys vote for this?

My reply to the last post, where it was suggested that the last jellyfish drag a doll. It was implied by my husband, that he would not be interested with that addition.

crayzass1

Re: I Have The _______ Mom Ever

llo, thank you for the votes. This one took me ~10min to do while Baby Snacks took me all day!

DigitalDonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DigitalDonkey
Re: Bust of Frigg

This shirt reminds me of how I left my date last night.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Colors are a tad bit to bright for me

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy

Much like the hottie girls on the mudflaps... I decided on no text. moms, brother, aunts, pets former owners, newspaper boy,... everyone can enjoy this

moerahim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moerahim
Re: Not my first time

I'm Lost.....

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Bamboo Eating 101

Bamboo num num num crunch crunch num num num num num

monkeypye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeypye

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia
Re: Egg Baby Trauma

Typically an undesirable shirt color, but it all blends in delightfully and I would definitely purchase one of these. Good work!

daedalusknight

moerahim wrote:I'm Lost.....

Yeah, I think I might need a guide here too... I can't quite see the connection here... can the artist clarify things for us, please?

crayzass1

monkeypye wrote:very clever!

Fill in the blank! I want to hear some original and unique adjectives about everyone's mothers.

This shirt supports sharpies too!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: How do they do it

Excelently rendered, but I am not sure about how it is framed on the shirt.

nemosomen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemosomen

The first two characters are written incorrectly; the stroke order is incorrect.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
DigitalDonkey wrote:This shirt reminds me of how I left my date last night.

As a marble statue surrounded by doves?

eHalcyon

Possum?

lebrachick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebrachick
BDV wrote:This is my tribute to Pink Floyd, which is a tribute to Moms everywhere!

I hope I changed the lyrics enough to call it a 'parody' rather than a 'copyright infringement!'

what's it say then....

monkeypye

Re: Your Mother Wears Army Boots (resub)

My mom does wear combat boots!

she uses them for traction to help new born calfs find a nursing mother.

She "nudges" th

arethusa668

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arethusa668

could you get rid of the white bubbles and text?

because the artwork is soo beautiful =).

eHalcyon

Decapitated?

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl

Yes Possums XD Mother Opossum and babies <3

CapnSky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CapnSky

Let's face it - you learned everything you know from your mom. =)

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
eHalcyon wrote:Better not look at my entry then...

Yeah....I'm a wuss. I don't like to think about mom's and/or their babies crying their eyes out over the death of the other. My daughter is a teen, and it STILL makes me sad. ;)

eHalcyon

StrayNostalgia wrote:Typically an undesirable shirt color, but it all blends in delightfully and I would definitely purchase one of these. Good work!

I'm glad you like it. I'm hoping the shirt colour isn't putting anyone off - I thought the warmth of it would work best with the egg and the chicken.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Dragonly Love

Totally love this shirt, and I could force both of my children to wear theirs on Mother's Day, AND take pictures! Ha!

monkeypye

Stone cold and non responsive?
been there and done that....vacuums

kmccorkell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmccorkell

crayzass1

crayzass1 wrote:Fill in the blank! I want to hear some original and unique adjectives about everyone's mothers.

This shirt supports sharpies too!

Like...

"I have the WOOTEST mom ever"

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
Re: Seahorse Moms (RESUB)

Hey there you, I just realized that we both have jellyfish in our designs! Pretty neat, huh?!

And I did not know that fact, Professor Jelly. That's an interesting fact about the humble, male seahorse.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl

Ill make a version 2 without text. one moment guys XD