sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
crayzass1 wrote:I love this, I only wish it was larger on the shirt.

Hrm, it's as far across as I could do it and stay within the tshirt guidelines.
I suppose I COULD have made the lizards bigger and kept the buildings the same size . . .

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33
ejseader wrote:I think they're taking it to me that you're implying the use of wire hangers for abortions (like the back alley jobs back in the old days). I'm sure the people who work for Woot are way too young to have seen this movie, so they don't get the joke. They're also surprisingly conservative, so if they think you're implying "abortion hangers" they would deem it offensive. I think it's great though, if it's any consolation. :-)

thanks, can definitely see that there are people that would not have seen the movie and don't know what the quote means. On the other hand, there are people on the forum that know that it came from a movie and don't like it. It almost seems like they are taking it as a promotion of child abuse and less like a representation of a famous pop culture quote from one of the countries most infamous mothers.
but in terms of my design, it is definitely hard to see the words and this coupled with either people who are too young to know the context or people who don't care about the context, it is not a good for a T....just when you are in your own home hanging laundry and all you have are wire hangers left. ;)

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: Bless You

My husband saw all the panda shirts yesterday and his comment was "The baby should be sneezing."
Very cool!

TravelingKailey

Re: How do you do it v.2

This great! I love all the detail in the expressions.

TravelingKailey

Re: Thanks Mom!

Okay. This doesn't get rejected for being offensive --- but the Mommy Dearest no wire hangers shirt does???

Sometimes I really don't get the rejections around here....

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
strawberrygirl wrote:This spring marks my mom's 4th anniversary of being a breast cancer survivor, so I commend you on your donation plan. In addition to being a mother of 4, she's also grandmom to 6 grandkitties, so this is definitely a shirt I love (only 3 of the kitties are mine!). And I'm happy it's not on pink, because I don't think I've worn pink since I was about 4 years old...and don't want to start any time soon. Anyway, it's a fab design!

Congratulations to your mother on four years of survival. The power and effectiveness of treatments these days are truly amazing. With the help of doctors, scientists, charities, and good-hearted people everywhere we are working towards the day when cancer will be completely curable in 100% of cases. The sooner the better, in my mind.

I'm glad you like the design. Thanks so much for your support.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: Mom's Been Busy

Ovulating? My Goodness! i learned this in my college class the other day XD lovely work <3

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: OH! For ME?

Wow, this turned out great! I know in the forums you weren't sure about the colour choices, but you chose perfectly, imo.

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

lilwerewolfgirl

Re: Mom's Been Busy

*stares at filter* uhhh..... I was typing "oh my god" oO;;;;

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
Re: Mom's Tools

You forgot the switch from the tree!

daedalusknight

crayzass1 wrote:My wife would love this, even though she has only had male cats.

I'm glad she'd enjoy it. Male cats were kittens once too. :-)

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Your Eggo Is Preggo

Thanks for the schweet coments guys. I was pleasantly surprised to see this bad boy taking up a hotness spt. Do you think I should fix up the mouth, add the words 'your eggo is preggo' and resubmit?

Check out my blog:Here!

TravelingKailey

pineconebryce wrote:I was pretty sure it's the symbol for the elements air, water, and fire... At least, that's what it's commonly accepted as, because the original meaning of the design is unknown. So I checked Wikipedia, and I'm right. No mention of a relation to motherhood at all... It is sometimes co-oped to be a symbol for the Wiccan Goddess, who is often viewed (by non-Wiccans at least) as what most people call "Mother Earth." But that's the closest stretch I can find. Your sources?

Not sure about the designer's sources but I found this link...

http://123celtic-irish-jewelry.com/celticart.asp

It shows that there are many many interpretations... one of which is motherhood when the three spirals surround a central triangle.

awesomepossum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awesomepossum
Re: Thanks, Mom.

I'm a crust hater. GMV!

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
Re: A mothers advice

I don't know anyone who would see this shirt and not automatically think of their mom. "Don't go out without clean underwear! You never know when you're going to get into an accident!"

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Computing for two

She's got a processor in the chassis if you catch my drift.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

i agree

dmagestro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmagestro

NICE, especially with the latest shark attack in San Diego this goes nicely!

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
TravelingKailey wrote:Okay. This doesn't get rejected for being offensive --- but the Mommy Dearest no wire hangers shirt does???

Sometimes I really don't get the rejections around here....

Rejections are very sparse over the weekend.. hence many entries like this get added on sat/sun because they know it will probably stick around until Monday.

Friday afternoon and Monday are normally the big rejection days.

daedalusknight

Chugaboy wrote:

Thanks for the smile. :-)

I know there are a lot of only children out there, but if you have siblings you probably get the humor here. :-)

kjmendoza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjmendoza

I'd like an explanation of this one - Mom over 200?, Mom divided by 200? Help me out.

www.quilt-scrap.blogspot.com

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
Re: Scapegoat Stork

It's gonna get rejected. you need to get the right template

kjmendoza

The design is off center on the shirt, and the shading on the baby's face makes him/her look, well, ugly. Sorry.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Mama Bear

must... have... this... shirt..........

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
JadenKale wrote:Hey, not to be picky, but was the mouth line suppose to come out past the edge of the face? Just asking if it was an artistic choice or a mistake that wasn't spotted.

No, it's supposed to be like that. Although, I could have made it look more intentional and less like a mistake, I guess. :^)

I like Terrance and Phillip style mouths that go all the way though the character's head.

AttilaTheMom

Re: All Hail The Queen!

I'm glad I clicked to see the full version, this is really good. You need a better thumbnail though, I think people can't see enough to want to open the big version.

daedalusknight

Josephus wrote:It is vector, it is less than six colors.

Cool! I'm always happier when I know a shirt will print well. :-)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
lilwerewolfgirl wrote:*stares at filter* uhhh..... I was typing "oh my god" oO;;;;

The filters here can be pretty humorous since they change so often. Thanks for your comments!

kjmendoza

folkkevi wrote:Please let me know what you guys think.

I agree with previous poster that the design is too large on the shirt. Having said that, I think it's beautiful and evocative and the shading is fantastic. If you don't make it into the fog, you should definitely submit this design elsewhere.

Also, maybe only one color in the echo shadow instead of two.

Good luck

AttilaTheMom

Re: Your Mama Wears Combat Boots

I wish mom was in full camo... lots and lots of military moms out there. Nice job though.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Despite What Mom Says!

Rejected because apostrophe.

Awesome.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Lady Madonna

Last one for this derby. Didn't finish in time for the Friday opening bell.

This design was inspired by the lyrics "Lady Madonna, baby at the breast ..."from the Beatles Song "Lady Madonna" and by John Collier's famous painting "Lady Godiva" c. 1897. I thought the combination of the two "ladies" made for a nice, compassionate design about the bond between a mother and her newborn.

lilwerewolfgirl

Re: How do you do it v.2

thanks for the nice comments guys >3< <3

sokowa

Re: Story Time

Story time with mom
I wanted to try something a little more whimsical.
Enjoy!

sokowa

cdncarlie wrote:Wow, this turned out great! I know in the forums you weren't sure about the colour choices, but you chose perfectly, imo.

Thank you!

mindyfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindyfish
Re: Nobodys' child

Love this one!

BlazinApes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlazinApes
derekfilley wrote:Thanks for the schweet coments guys. I was pleasantly surprised to see this bad boy taking up a hotness spt. Do you think I should fix up the mouth, add the words 'your eggo is preggo' and resubmit?

I think it is just fine as is, its a good shirt, hope it makes it

mindyfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindyfish
Re: Rhino Mom Loves Baby Rhino

Really nice design. Appropriate even for tha' boyz!

klswoot

Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

iris420 wrote:I think it would be the best thing ever to have this shirt printed. Quite possibly the best design I've seen in my short time on woot.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

klswoot

Re: Her Motherly Nature

iris420 wrote:I'm pulling for the cubist one, but this one has my vote too. I'm not a mother, but I would still wear it simply because the artwork is whimsical and pretty. I like the color of the shirt, also. Not enough yellow shirts printed around here.

Thanks! I agree...the lemon yellow shirts are really pretty in person. I think they are prettier than the screen color. Would make a nice summery shirt! Thanks for your vote!