folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Mother Teresa

Nice idea, but the framing feels a bit off to me.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
janet13 wrote:Awww, look at the sad little boy. A bit harder to understand without context (even with the subtitle) but cute nonetheless.

i didnt have enough money for a gift when i was nine so i walked to 3 baseball card stores to sell my favorite cards. i still didnt have enough. when i started crying the man that worked at the hallmark type store i went to gave me what i wanted for what i had cause he thought it wass apropriate... it was a statue of a sad boy that said it the thought that counts

Please check it out

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
AdderXYU wrote:For those who have asked, radiomode is one of those shirt tycoons you might hear about. He's been printed multiple times at Threadless and Design By Humans (and if I wasn't lazy I'm sure I could find more) but I personally associate his work most with Uneetee, where I believe he's been printed most.

He's actually been 'round these parts before, at least in the Night derby, where he submit one of my personal favorites of the week... a modified version is for sale over at uneetee. I personally like the starkness of the original better, but the uneetee rendition will, at some point, be my first purchase from that site.

Anyway, welcome back, Radio. Hopefully my support won't stifle this design's success... it's my early favorite

wow-- thanks for posting the link to Design By Humans-- that's a great site and Harvest by radiomode is a lovely shirt.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mia3mom wrote:I keep coming back to this shirt. At first it didn't capture my interest, but now you've gmv. it's definitely twisted enough for me. I've got an inner vegetarian that is squicked out, but my outer dark humor wants it badly.

And, *phew* the kid with the anaphylactic egg allergy has gone home. I was getting twitchy about eggs while he was here overnight! Our own allergies are enough for me to handle, thanks!

My parents tell me that I'm allergic to fava beans. So if you ever want to kill me...

Perhaps the roast chicken is actually made of tofu. Poor little egg just doesn't know it. Thanks for your vote!

janet13 wrote:Love this shirt. That poor little egg. So shocked his eyes don't have pupils! :P Poor baby.

Trauma causes vision loss. Baby might also have some bouts of temporary insanity. You could say that he's... cracked.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Bryan818

eHalcyon wrote:When I heard the theme, I thought of ducks as well. Mallards though, so that's different.

I also thought of turtle ducks...

I'll give you a vote. My pastor collects all things duck, so if it wins I'll buy one for him. =P

thanks

Please check it out

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
folkkevi wrote:Nice idea, but the framing feels a bit off to me.

how so?

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Mother Teresa

This is beautiful. Does Mother Teresa fall under "celebrity likeness?"

Bryan818

Re: Little Red Motherhood

"You are NOT the father!" *giggles*

Please check it out

eHalcyon

Re: Lady Madonna

Lady Godiva. I didn't even know it from art, just from random Engineering lore at my university. XP

kls, how did you master so many different styles? Makes me wish I had gone into art instead of engineering.

eHalcyon

Re: Somebody's got to love them (resub)

Ooh. Looks good on grass.

I didn't get a chance to comment on your other entry. I really like the scatter of flower petals.

ommers74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ommers74
Re: Somebody's got to love them (resub)

After much debate with the boyfriend, I decided green was a better color shirt for this design. And, I added the text, and made the design a little smaller.
If you already voted for the blue shirt version, and you like this better, please consider revoting
I don't expect to win, but everyone's feedback really helps me get better.
Leave a comment.
Thanks.

eHalcyon

Re: Story Time

sokowa, why isn't anything screaming?

Wait... is that bunny screaming?

Headrow

ilstu99 wrote:This is beautiful. Does Mother Teresa fall under "celebrity likeness?"

I hadn't even considered that, but then again, I didn't know there was a restriction on that until I saw the Chuck shirt got rejected for it. I really hope this doesn't count...

folkkevi

Headrow wrote:how so?

dont get me wrong, i like it, but it feels very squared off.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
eHalcyon wrote:Oh wait... crysantheMUM?

Yep and thanks for the nice comment

Headrow

folkkevi wrote:dont get me wrong, i like it, but it feels very squared off.

Like it's just a square image you mean?

oddego

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oddego
Re: Egg Baby Trauma

Thanks for your comment!

You know, I was trying to figure out how I could use the "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" idea for this competition. I couldn't do it.
And yes, I did the baby egg thing in school. But I'm from the UK, so I don't know if it's standard US education. Should be.
Good luck.

eHalcyon

Re: Mom's Tools

If you're Chinese, it's the handle end of a feather duster. Wrapped in leather, nice and whip-like. I think bamboo has also been used. =P

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Headrow wrote:I hadn't even considered that, but then again, I didn't know there was a restriction on that until I saw the Chuck shirt got rejected for it. I really hope this doesn't count...

I didn't know, either. I hope not....this is just lovely.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Mom, how do I NOM NOM NOM the bamboo like you?

Version 2.1, I guess. Hopefully you guys can cope with the color change.

<3

folkkevi

Headrow wrote:Like it's just a square image you mean?

yes, the angle of the text combined with the two cropped edges of the cloth.

thedoc00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoc00

Already rejected once... no need to resubmit it.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
smithsonia wrote:wow-- thanks for posting the link to Design By Humans-- that's a great site and Harvest by radiomode is a lovely shirt.

This one is by Radiomode too. (I voted for this one on DBH, so I was very happy to see it win! Congratulations BTW!)

Headrow

fillengroovy wrote:Well it was'nt winning so I'm not too upset, however, I do not copy other artist's work. I have stuff all over the internet and am an acomplished illustrator and freelance artist. I did recognize the similarity once I saw it, but the shirt pales in comparisson and it was'nt even printed anyway. Whatever. I don't copy.

You're right that yours was better. But woot does say it has to be original art - meaning that it hasn't been done before (I guess that means submitted counts).

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

Dsladek, I think this may be your best yet. Awesome job man! I like the text. the line shading is great and the colors really work together.

eHalcyon

Discobiscuits wrote:Version 2.1, I guess. Hopefully you guys can cope with the color change.

<3

Olive looks good too, though I really liked it on red. It... glistened.

Here's a vote, to get you on your way again.

Bryan818

Re: Lost Turtle

hahahahahahaha

Please check it out

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS

OOPS!

Myztri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Myztri
Re: The Original Mother V.2

I really like this, but I wear my babies... either on my back, or on my chest, or on my hip. But I wear them often, and with pride.

folkkevi

Re: Hero

I see you changed it from the trademarked "O". hopefully this one gets to stay.

thedoc00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoc00
Re: Are You My Mother?!

Not sure... but isn't this the title of a very popular children's book? Possible copyright issues?

ommers74

Re: If all your friends...

It took me like an hour before I figured this out. I thought it was a very dark mass-suicide until I realized the title was " If all your friends", and then I realized there was a bridge, and then I put two and two together, and then I got it.
And I liked it.
Until then I was a little disturbed that motherhood made you think of suicide.
I'm such a dilweed.

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Re: If all your friends...

Great design! Don't know if I'd be able to have a whole sheet of ink on my chest, but its super cool none the less.

ommers74

ha ha ha. That was my mom. Though, I don't look like a hun. Much.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Re: Dragonly Love

thanks again everyone for the votes and comments! I hope it can hang in there and stay in the fog, after all dragons love to hide in the fog and catch unsuspecting knights!

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Re: Your Mother Wears Army Boots

That vacuums it got rejected! I thought it fit perfectly. Great design though!

yxlgbru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yxlgbru
Re: Mothering the Queen (v.2)

Man, this shirt (and the original as well) is just great. I don't know why, but on this version the W-Y jumped out at me and I caught it this time, really nice touch there!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

very cool. You have a great style with the small hands and feet. Very original!
-Andy

designminion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages designminion
Re: Mother Nature

I find it horribly sad that this got rejected on the basis that its a resub, yet Tgentry's design is still 1 out of the fog when the only difference between its original and this one is a curler and mom on the coffee mug? What about Cho's design that won this week? I don't mind resubs THAT much, but if a beatiful design like this gets rejected on the basis of resub, why aren't the others?

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

Beautiful work TGentry.
-Andy