dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
eHalcyon wrote:I thought it worked well with the text, but I guess most people prefer it without. I'll keep a vote on each, in case you remove one. Good luck!

I liked the text too, I think the concept is a little vague without it. anyway, I will leave both up until the majority decides on one or the other, then I will get rid of the one people decided against.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
daedalusknight wrote:I understand... I like the brown better too. I wish Woot would have a lighter brown so people could print in browns and blacks on it. Still... it looks just fine on green.

I have no idea about this, but I remember reading a comment that the brown shirts used to be lighter. AA changed them or something. Is that right?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

dsladek wrote:I liked the text too, I think the concept is a little vague without it. anyway, I will leave both up until the majority decides on one or the other, then I will get rid of the one people decided against.

I think your design carries it through even without the text.

dsladek

eHalcyon wrote:dsladek, remember to add this design into your signature!

will do, but I wont get around to it till tomorrow sometime.

Thanks eHalcyon!

dsladek

eHalcyon wrote:I think your design carries it through even without the text.

thanks! we will see what other people think. I still would like to hear AttilaTheMom's thoughts on this.

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
Re: ATTILA THE MOM! (resub-no text)

I thought the text went great, but I like the more generic shirt just a little bit better. Still a brilliant design and I would definitely buy one.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Re: Mom's eyes

I never really understood the urge to assign family traits to each feature for every newborn. Looks like a baby to me, just kinda squished. I usually just nod -- uh huh, looks just like Uncle Jed. Oh, and those eyes....

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
redghia69 wrote:Re: Mom's eyes

I never really understood the urge to assign family traits to each feature for every newborn. Looks like a baby to me, just kinda squished. I usually just nod -- uh huh, looks just like Uncle Jed. Oh, and those eyes....

I'm with you red!

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic

Yea, I love it , my hubby loves it as well. Hm, guess you have a test going on, either way I'm voting.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

BEST DESIGN HERE. And SO in line with what I expected the theme to be...Hope you win.

VOTE!

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD
Re: Mother Goose

Awesome detail... how'd you do it?

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
QuigglyPhD wrote:Awesome detail... how'd you do it?

Lots of time and lots of patience, not to mention an understanding and generous wife who was dealing with a sick baby all day, Sheesh!

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: mother and child

Beautiful design. Love the simplicity and the color combination!!

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Dragonly Love

Voted and will buy!

CHILLI20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHILLI20

Alright, I put up version 3 of my design with the colors now reduced down to 6. I got rid of the white. For some reason I can't add a comment on it, I keep getting an error message. I can only reply to someone one else so I'm announcing the other version here.

ommers74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ommers74
eHalcyon wrote:Ooh. Looks good on grass.

I didn't get a chance to comment on your other entry. I really like the scatter of flower petals.

Thanks!
Still trying to figure this designing stuff out - choosing the right color t-shirt, using an appropriately large or small thumbnail to catch everyone's eye, composing the design so it flows right on the shirt etc.

THink Ineed to take a leaf out of your book and get a little more "punchy" and less cute.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: The Polar Mom

adorable

ommers74

mylee712 wrote:Looks great on green! I think your thumbnail selection is more revealing this time too! :-) By the way, I just received the fat unicorn shirt (which is on AA green) in the mail and love the color and the shirt!!:-) Your resumb's GM(re-)V!

Thanks! I'm going to be away next week so might not get to come up with a design, but I'll try anyway. Thanks for leaving a comment - it really helps me figure out what works and what doesn't.

ommers74

heylindsay wrote:I definitely like this on green better, but I don't really care for the words on it. Keep up the great subs!

Ah-ha! I wondered about the words too. I kind of feel the image should say it all, but then I chickened out 'cause so many other people chose to use text, and it seems to be working for them.
I will stick to my guns next time...

eHalcyon

ommers74 wrote:Thanks!
Still trying to figure this designing stuff out - choosing the right color t-shirt, using an appropriately large or small thumbnail to catch everyone's eye, composing the design so it flows right on the shirt etc.

THink Ineed to take a leaf out of your book and get a little more "punchy" and less cute.

I thought mine was more cute than punchy. XP

I'm still new here... if you want to take a leaf out of a book, there are much better than me.

Eroticdonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eroticdonkey
Re: Mom's Apple Pie

This is, by far, the best shirt entered for this derby, but knowing woot, that's exactly why it won't make it.

eHalcyon

Re: Bonds of motherhood

Oh, chemistry... I don't remember enough of it anymore. I was thinking ortho- and meta- stuff for MOM, though that doesn't work for CHILD. =P

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Apparently, the entire point of this shirt is lost on you. I laughed out loud when I saw it and so did my roommate. Very clever.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wreckoning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wreckoning
Re: Mum's the Word

looks like this was just traced without the yellow and then rotated

SilverStar8403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SilverStar8403
Re: Mother of the Hidden Temple

All I know about this is that Hidden Temple was a game show that used to be on Nickelodeon in the 90s. Kids would beat physical and trivia challenges. And this symbol is for the Orange Iguanas, one of the team names that was in every show. Other team names were Silver Snakes, Blue Barracudas, Red Monkeys(?).

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Can you tell the difference?

kylemittskus wrote:Apparently, the entire point of this shirt is lost on you. I laughed out loud when I saw it and so did my roommate. Very clever.

Thanks Kylemittskus! The idea was my wife's and she appreciates hearing that there are other gifted individuals out there who get her sense of humor ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

folkkevi

Re: The Original Mother V.2

Well, thanks for everyone who helped me hold #1 place in the hotness for a while, it was a thrill.

folkkevi

thedoc00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoc00

Well... I know of at least one male out there who could accurately wear the shirt while pregnant

folkkevi

Headrow wrote:Well, I'll admit that once I got it into the computer I was severely limited because I know essentially nothing about photoshop. My 13-year-old nephew helped me get the text in and we did it over the phone (him at his house and me at mine). My husband is busy with his own design (it'll be up shortly).

I actually would have un-squared it a little bit if I had known my way around photoshop, but I wanted to get it in and I didn't want my nephew to do everything (he'll still get a percentage if I get printed, of course).

a very nice submission for someone still becoming acquainted with photoshop. I made the exact same mistake with my first shirt (the boxing issue). However, mine was far more noticable. May I ask how you made the image? Tablet, filter, something else?

dsladek

Im sorry but I just like the text I think it grounds the design and strengthens the idea. Im thinking about getting rid of the other one. any objections?

thedoc00

Re: Hero

Really...

What's the point in having a shirt "in the running" if it's a poor copy of a trademarked logo? This will get removed also.

Come up with something original... Even if it wasn't trademarked, this shirt wouldn't have a chance... The background and everything about the shirt screams "TV Show" and does not stay on the topic of the derby.

Come up with something original.

kingthot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingthot

Beautiful, flows very seamlessly. I would definitely buy this.

thedoc00

superspryte wrote:Looks like a 'stache instead of a frown/shocked face. ^_~

Pretty funny though. I laughed.

I like the shape of the mouth... I see mouth and not mustache...

but if you were going to resubmit... I'd say throw in just a small splash of tongue in the center... would make it definitely mouth without changing the panicky waffle mouth I love now.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

This shirt is AWESOME. Please win!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Re: baby has your eyes!

I never really understood a mom’s urge to assign family traits to each feature of a newborn. Looks like a baby to me, just kinda squished. I usually just nod -- uh huh, looks just like Uncle Jed. But these two have a point about the eyes....

ommers74

Re: Hot mama

Do I need the text?

ommers74

ommers74 wrote:Do I need the text?

And should the design be smaller?

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts

No matter what you do it's awesome art!