klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
TheNewOriginals wrote:why is she riding a horse naked?

It's Lady Madonna as Lady Godiva. The story of Lady Godiva is a folklore story about a woman who road naked on horseback through an English town. She (and the other town folk) were upset about a tax that was levied by her husband. The story says that he told her he would repeal the taxes if she road through the town naked. (Or something to that effect.)

Most people probably know Lady Godiva as the silhouetted woman on a box of Godiva Chocolates.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
girlhobbit wrote:this is by far the best duck one.

thanks

Please check it out

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Lots of Hugs!

I totally dig it. GMV.

Carpe shirtem!

Terribliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terribliz
Re: If all your friends...

Ovulating? My Goodness!, this is amazing. This better make it to the fog. Pleaseeeeeeeee!

klswoot

Re: Her Motherly Nature

My bad....I guess there are still fogged entries in the hotness. (Not mine. ) But, I hadn't seen any for a long time, thought maybe they'd been removed. I know that was a request by quite a few people.

Terribliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terribliz
Re: If all your friends...

Only real complaint is that the text looks kinda small...people might not get it until they're really close.

klswoot

Re: Story Time

Sokowa this is a wonderful entry. A favorite in our household. Love the effects for moonlight. You really have a great talent for the wickedly cute. Great job!

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

gmv, i would totally get this for my mom. i like it with the text, too.

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

gmv, i would totally get this for my mom. i like it with the text, too.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Father Sun, Mother Earth, Baby Moon

Very imaginative! I like it!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
mia3mom wrote:heh. nice use of aliens! I love the eyes, and even though I've said things along those lines about my babies (though not about their eyes), I think this is a wonderfully quirky take on those comments. Thanks for making me grin, red!

Thanks for the comment Mia! I'm always happy to provide a chuckle.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thedoc00 wrote:I like the shape of the mouth... I see mouth and not mustache...

but if you were going to resubmit... I'd say throw in just a small splash of tongue in the center... would make it definitely mouth without changing the panicky waffle mouth I love now.

When I look at it I need a second to register it as a mouth. Doubt Derek'll resub (no real need) but if he does the tongue would be a good change. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

asyrith wrote:That reminds me...what is the Pancakes thing all about? I see it around, but I'm not sure what it means...as it what it's filtering.

Cool shirt by the way.

To find out what is being filtered click reply and check in the text box. That'll always work. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters
Re: Smokin' Hot Mom (resub)

This is a really neat shirt.

www.c8-bit.com

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ommers74 wrote:awwwww. Large black and white bear. Eats, shoots and leaves.

I'm reading that book (by Lynne Truss) now. Hilarious.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Zombie Mothers Need Love Too (resub)

personally, quiggly, I think the design is far too large. The text should probably be in a different font style too (kinda looks like Comic Sans in all cap and Joel is not a fan of TNR or Comic Sans in any form)

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Turbotuff wrote:looks like Calvin from Calvin and hobbes

I can see what you mean, but I need an image to reference.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mother Nature

This is an unfortunate rejection. I really liked this design. And I'm not sure what other colors would do it justice. Maybe you can incorporate it into another design sometime. Or maybe after 60 days you can have it printed elsewhere. ^_^

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Mother nature is off topic? Hmmm. I shall have to rethink the design I was almost getting around to.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

makselarts wrote:I like the Knight..nice touch!

You have a PM. Hopefully it'll be helpful. ^_^

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Wow ELS I feel your pain I can't believe Mother Nature is off topic. I must not be feelin this theme and I AM a mother. hmmm

koinosuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koinosuke
Re: Little Red Motherhood

This rocks.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Queen Bee: The Ultimate Mother

Queen bees are the ultimate mothers provided by nature, sustaining an entire hive and keeping whole societies working. I hope you guys like the complimentary color scheme combined with some spatial tension arising from the volumetric bees on the graphic background. Please comment and let me know how you like it!

jodiehuie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiehuie

Wow! I thought this design was the essence of the topic. Beautiful, too.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Bursting With Love

After I designed this I saw two similar designs posted. If you want eye-catching color, and a bit of feminist pride vote for this one!

jabbasi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabbasi
Re: 25 ways to say mother

If you were going to use asian characters you should have also used the characters from the other languages and i believe in arabic it waletee

but aside from that good idea

Shirt.Woot Purchases -
30 Shirts for Myself (15 Random)
9 Shirts Given to Friends
Most Recent Purchase: Random x3

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
folkkevi wrote:Queen bees are the ultimate mothers provided by nature, sustaining an entire hive and keeping whole societies working. I hope you guys like the complimentary color scheme combined with some spatial tension arising from the volumetric bees on the graphic background. Please comment and let me know how you like it!

Wow, love the colors.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: Rhino Mom Loves Baby Rhino

Looks a lot like this shirt I have:

http://www.merchdirect.net/TakingBackSunday/Tshirts/Safari_TShirt?productid=6193

Galenthegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Galenthegreat
tooner66 wrote:Nobody holds a mug like that. NOBODY.

I hold a mug like that. I guess that makes me a nobody...

mutequack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutequack

ha! sweet and simple, nice work!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 25 ways to say mother

love the concept. I'm having a hard time reading the magenta words, they keep going blurry. It might be my laptop screen or my own screwy eye problems, though.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
Re: First breath (resub)

This is nice. Very simple and elegant.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

The FDA requires you to list ingredients for all retail cleaning products:

MOM SPIT® contains:
90% Saliva (from 100% United States registered mothers)
5% Embarrasol-guaranteed to cause shame and humiliation when applied properly
5% Mother-in-law bile

DIRECTIONS: Spray on affected area. Scrub. This product is most effectively used when applied using a female thumb with scouring equivalent of 300-grit sandpaper. For hardcore uses, try Granny Spit®.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
klswoot wrote:Sparklzk! Your entry is my daughter's favorite. (She's almost 4 and very discriminating in her art choices. ) She's not always kind to the derby entries, so it's fun to hear her express what she likes in her derby favorites.

Congratulations on getting to the fog! It'll provide a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

Thanks so much and tell your daughter I said thank you as well! Shirt.Woot doesn't sell kids sizes do they? I have 3 nephews who I wanted to get shirts for if it prints. It means a lot to get such a nice response from a great artist like you KLS!

Elemental52 wrote:This is a sweet shirt... I would wear it and any guy who wouldn't is just afraid of his sensitive side.... the knight part is what really makes the shirt awesome... It adds that humorous touch thats still cute that many of these "mom" shirts don't have... i applaud your artwork!

Thanks so much for the kind words and support!

hollyawesome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollyawesome
Re: Nobodys' child

This is the best design I've seen on here in while. There are a lot of clever designs out there, but this is one of the few I'd really like to wear on a shirt!!! Hope you make it to the top!!

guitaryan6969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitaryan6969
Re: Mother Goose

Wow all I have to say is this is possibly the best design I have ever seen on woot, it is by far the most original and thought provoking, basically if woot doesnt pick this Im done with woot, and I will never buy another shirt and I will tell friends and family to never buy anything off woot because I have seen too many ingenious designs get turned down and stupid girly cartoon designs win instead.

, , ,

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: Leaving The Nest

You have to leave the nest some time, and these teenage birds are learning it the hard way

I'm only human

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Mother Leads the way

This is the third Derby this exact design has been entered Bryan. You know the rules.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

=(

Well, at least Discobiscuits will be happy about this. =p

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

jdrage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jdrage

mama words: wisdom understanding advice worry kisses teaching kind words singing grooming beauty tender trust encouragement grace protection support nurturing care love milk strength healthy dancing sympathy balance gentle touch swinging lifting

baby words: positive outlook learning values admiration open-minded polite gentle caring joy loving inner strength compassionate ambition inquisitive care role model growth dance steps leap