Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Re: I'm Baaack!!!

explain?

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

This shirt is beautiful and wonderful, tgentry. Thank you for always striving to be original and creative. No one could express appreciation better than edgar did, but just know that he's not the only one who really appreciates this.

dantose

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dantose

One of two good submissions I've seen this round.

This one was better as a male bear, but I like this one too. I'm in for 1 if it wins.

Woot has suckered me 37 times since August 2006

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
Turbotuff wrote:explain?

The stork brings the baby...feels guilty a few months later, and comes back to take it back...

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Jenyfer wrote:This is a perfect shirt.

My mom has five daughters. When we were all kids and still living at home, we took in a stray cat, who later had 5 kittens. As we each claimed a kitten for our own, Dad could not give any of them away for who's kitten would be the one to go? So we kept them all.. and Dad put up with his 5 girls and 5 cats.

(We also each had a parakeet, 5 birds. The only other woot shirt I have is "for the birds" which features 5 birds on a tree.)

Recently the mother cat had to be put to down when her brain tumor got too large.

I am a cancer research scientist and give my support to any form of cancer awareness.

Good luck!

Wow... another family of five. :-)

I'm glad to hear from a cancer reearch scientist. Keep fighting!

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

daedalusknight

gcstoffel wrote:Exactly! My four sibs and both parents doing great even with a few bouts with the bic C. Luv the design and your heart. GMV

Glad to hear everyone is surviving. Thanks for your support!

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

daedalusknight

stephaniewoot wrote:Wow, thats pretty powerful.
I hope your shirt wins :]

Thanks so much. :-)

magicelso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicelso
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

Thank you. It was a lot of fun to make!

Turbotuff

Re: Mom Spit - all purpose cleaner

This is certainly climbing fast enough to catch the fog.... go go go

Turbotuff

Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

I llo'd... gmv

Turbotuff

nyadolla wrote:The stork brings the baby...feels guilty a few months later, and comes back to take it back...

where does it take it back to? j/k

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: llo evolution.

I agree. I love the colors, and that it can be taken a couple of ways, which allows anyone to wear it. I made a couple of my bio-geek friends look at it, and it received lots of llo's. It's just...very clever, without being overly cutsie or necessary to explain.

CKL77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CKL77
Geckotek wrote:I like the idea, the graphic is cool, but I don't actually think that most of these are mainstream quotes moms would say. At least not my mom. Esp not the free milk thing....but maybe that's because I'm a guy. I dunno.

I wanna vote, but it's just a near miss in my book.

My Mom so totally said each and every one of those things to me growing up...And yes the milk thing is said to girls more than guys!

Darn you woot! You consume my time with browsing and I lack the funds to purchase all that I want!

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
shan24 wrote:Wow ELS I feel your pain I can't believe Mother Nature is off topic. I must not be feelin this theme and I AM a mother. hmmm

I don't think I'm getting it either, as i don't understand how this is off topic but mother goose is on topic? Its a nice design though i dont know how well it would print on the brown.

danielkennethlaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielkennethlaux

*giggles*, this one made me laugh at first glance, I don't know if I would get the shirt, but this ones definitely my favorite.

johnnybw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybw00t
guitaryan6969 wrote:Wow all I have to say is this is possibly the best design I have ever seen on woot, it is by far the most original and thought provoking, basically if woot doesnt pick this Im done with woot, and I will never buy another shirt and I will tell friends and family to never buy anything off woot because I have seen too many ingenious designs get turned down and stupid girly cartoon designs win instead.

I agree 100%. This is by far the best design in this derby (which is saying something as I designed one) and i have no clue how it is not in the fog. Definitely got my vote and I hope it wins so I can buy one.

johnnybw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybw00t
Re: Leaving Home

brilliant, son.

AgentSnoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AgentSnoop

Very elegant design. A few people I know may want this. Keep up the good work.

AgentSnoop

Heh, nice design. Very epic.

AgentSnoop

Very cute. I like the cat that is the color of the shirt. Good luck.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AgentSnoop wrote:Very elegant design. A few people I know may want this. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Love your tiger entry!

ansharp

AdderXYU wrote:This sits a little weird on the shirt (I think it'd look way better bigger, and for that you might want to try Threadless when the 60 day hold is up) but I -really- like the style on this.

With a bit of practice in the shirt medium (I presume you're new to it?) you could pump out some killer stuff... definitely hope to see more from you in the future

I agree re: placement. Right now the head is nestled right between the breasts, and the widest part of the design is going right across the gut, giving a widening effect to any wearer. But the design itself is great -- nice lines and wonderful color palette (actually reminded me of zenne or sokowa). I hope to see a lot more from you in the future.

klswoot

Re: Mommy Is Watching

This one makes me laugh and disturbs me at the same time! We always talk about my mom's 'evil eye'. My daughter even imitates her tough stare. This shirt reminds me of that! Does every mom have an 'evil eye' stare? Probably so!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: What Would Romulus Wear

I hate text only entries, but if I were to go for one, this is EXACTLY the sort of thing I'd look for... a quick jab of a joke, unique despite being a play off a popular set-up, a font that does more than just sit there (I'm looking at you, comic sans and times new roman)... and SMART no less. I don't need to watch anchorman to get this. I just need a brain. And that's what makes it funny.

simondet1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simondet1
daedalusknight wrote:uhm... thank you? :-)

Don't take it harshly....I feel the same way. Really don't care for cats as a rule, but had to check the comments to see what all the fuss was about. I just couldn't believe that there were that many cat lovers out there....but then again, there's Caturday. ;-)

Best of luck.

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas
Re: Mommy Is Watching

Aaaahhhh! GMV

richpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpowell
klswoot wrote:This one makes me laugh and disturbs me at the same time! We always talk about my mom's 'evil eye'. My daughter even imitates her tough stare. This shirt reminds me of that! Does every mom have an 'evil eye' stare? Probably so!

Yeah, and they send out "Mom waves" that can detect whether you're skipping school or swiping a pack of gum at the five and ten. If you listen closely (put your ear against the back of your mother's head)..you can hear a slight hum. That's the wave generation unit.

ansharp

Re: Little Red Motherhood

Little red is a little hottie!

jbigboote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbigboote
Re: Meowbot 3000

10W-30? everybody knows baby robots need straight weight 40W.

1985starzi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1985starzi
jandt4ever07 wrote:HA HA! That's exactly what I was thinking!

I'm making the darn shirt anyway! At least two people (that would be me and my other half) will wear it, and we won't have to worry about WOOT banning it. I was really excited to wear it as well... and to have others wearing it... *sigh* Thanks for the support though, CHUCK NORRIS MOM R.I.P.

daedalusknight

simondet1 wrote:Don't take it harshly....I feel the same way. Really don't care for cats as a rule, but had to check the comments to see what all the fuss was about. I just couldn't believe that there were that many cat lovers out there....but then again, there's Caturday. ;-)

Best of luck.

Actually, I think there are a ton of cat lovers out there. Especially kitten lovers. Given the popularity of lolcats around here, I figured a cute kitten shirt would be a big hit. I realized not everyone is into cats, but since it's a mother derby I'm sure people out there who are indifferent about cats would be looking for kitty shirts for their moms for Mother's Day.

Thanks for the luck... looks like I'll need it. With so many popular shirts out there it'll be hard to hang on to a fog placing until closing time...

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando
fillengroovy wrote:Thanks toe. I could'nt have said it better myself. I see people on this site copy ideas that are right next to them on the derby board just because the idea takes off. Woot seems to be ok with these... How many Poe (raven) references did we have to look the week of the "text only" derby?

Yours was like a shirt that had been printed already. Almost exactly the same concept. Woot doesnt reject if both the designs are in the same contest because neither has been printed yet.

Turbotuff

Re: Big Breeder

This is so not printable (outside of printing area) but nice idea

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
jbigboote wrote:10W-30? everybody knows baby robots need straight weight 40W.

Depends on the season and if the cat is indoor/outdoor, indoor only, or outdoor only. That said, it never hurts to add a little STP (Satisfy The Pus*y).

bluefields

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluefields
Re: Momma Blob (Re-Sub)

Yay for Blob families! GMV

klswoot

richpowell wrote:Yeah, and they send out "Mom waves" that can detect whether you're skipping school or swiping a pack of gum at the five and ten. If you listen closely (put your ear against the back of your mother's head)..you can hear a slight hum. That's the wave generation unit.

*giggles*! So true!

muse2323

quality posts: 1 Private Messages muse2323
bafudg wrote:LOOKS LIKE A UTERUS

I think it really looks more phallic than uterine...

northcutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northcutt
Re: Mother Nature Nurtures

Anyone want to give me feedback on the shirt color? It's navy blue right now but I'm thinking something lighter. Any other feedback is appreciated.

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Turbotuff wrote:voted again

Thanks Was hoping for votes on this one. Oh well.. the people have spoken.

mac1ne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mac1ne
burtonrider404 wrote:awesomest is not a word

yeah I think everybody knows that.