tigerlillies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerlillies
jamesjad wrote:It's cute, but no so much diggin how 2D it looks. Good job getting in the fog though.

I couldn't figure out what I don't like about the shirt because I love dragon shirts but it is the 2D effect. The dragons just look too generic to me and I would have loved to see more personality than textbook dragon. I still think it's a cute idea and that kids would like it. Congrats on getting in the fog.

CHILLI20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHILLI20

Alright, I put up version 3 of my design with the colors now reduced down to 6. I got rid of the white

BatCountry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BatCountry
Re: Mom Spit - all purpose cleaner

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Who hasn't had a good face scrub with nothing but an old Kleenex out of mom's purse and some good ole' spit?

0 quality posts and proud of it.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
northcutt wrote:Anyone want to give me feedback on the shirt color? It's navy blue right now but I'm thinking something lighter. Any other feedback is appreciated.

The navy's okay, but I think you'd want to go with brown for it, espeically since you use the shirt color for the trunk of the tree.

What would make this shirt more appealing, I think, would be if you did something interesting with the big green "leaf area." Right now it's just a big green blob on the shirt... how about if you filled it with small leaves (some light green, some dark green) or perhaps spotted the big green blob with small pink flowers?

Love the idea... hope you manage to find an audience with it.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
lisita318 wrote:Very cute! I thought the saying was "...raised in a barn," though. *shrug*

Possibly. I think I've heard both. I know my mom has said 'born in a barn' before. Plus 'born in a barn' was much easier to create.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Born In A Barn?

I've never heard this one before? Cute to see the baby again.

vincedotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vincedotcom
Re: The not-so-permanent permanent ode to mom

I like the idea of 'wearable' tattoos. It makes sense for those of us afraid of commitment.

cristophi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristophi
Re: The not-so-permanent permanent ode to mom

Will it come in 'flesh' tones so it looks like you're nude and it's an actual tattoo?

daedalusknight

cristophi wrote:Will it come in 'flesh' tones so it looks like you're nude and it's an actual tattoo?

Unfortunately I don't think many people out there have skin the exact color of this shirt... anyone have a photo of a cream shirt in real life that we can look at?

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Thanks, Mom.

Looks more like a ketchup and mustard sandwich to me, but still a good idea.

jkump150

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkump150
BDV wrote:Oh yeah, almost forgot.
Big version:

Cool idea, it does seem very close to the original song. It looks like you only changed two words to 'shirt'. Nice shirt but you posed the obvious question.

lowtoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowtoast

Very well done, I'm not a big cat person myself but I still might have to buy one of these.

lowtoast

My girlfriend loves this shirt!

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
Josephus wrote:? I can see 4 colors besides the dark grey of the shirt color. white, blue, light grey, black. That gives you two more colors you didn't use.
Can you give us a closer view so we can see the other colors that don't show up?

It can be hard to see. There's white, black, gold (in the eyes) blue, light gray, and dark gray, and also the shirt color. The dark gray on the bear and the shadow gray are 2 different grays. My original idea included other animals as well.

This design was more about learning how to submit for me anyway, I just wanted to make sure I knew how to do it.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the baby less awkward looking, I would love some suggestions!

lowtoast

Ugh, my mom use to do that all the time. I guess I was always getting stuff on my face :-/
Clever

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

Beautiful design. It breaks my heart to see you push out great designs every week but not get the success you deserve. I hope you're doing stuff on other t-shirt sites because shirt.woot is very uh.. random in the shirts that win (both derby and regular day shirts).

whyskurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyskurs
Re: The Mother Recipe (please click)

The text reads:

The Mother Recipe

- 37 Lts. water

- 15 lbs. Unconditional Love

- 15 lbs. OverBEARing Protection

- 10 lbs. Hugs ‘N’ Kisses

- 9 lbs. Culinary Expertise

- dash of Omniscience

Pre-heat oven to 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pour Unconditional Love and OverBEARing Protection in water. Mix until it’s thick with love and tells you to be careful not to burn yourself!
Throw in as many Hugs ‘N’ Kisses as you can (don’t be alarmed if you here some smacking noises; those are the kisses hard at work).
Slowly stir in Culinary Expertise and you’ll receive a compliment on your baking skills.
Add a dash of Omniscience and the mix will know what’s best for you, and where you are and what you’re doing at all times! (growth of eyes in back of head is normal!)
Pour batter in mom-shaped pan and bake for 9 months.

chriscoonradt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriscoonradt

I would love to buy this for my neices/ nephews if it came in baby sizes... that would be great!

daedalusknight

lowtoast wrote:Very well done, I'm not a big cat person myself but I still might have to buy one of these.

Thanks for the compliment. :-)

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed
Re: Mother Cover

Why did it take me a second to figure out what this was? I like it.

chriscoonradt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriscoonradt
Re: Thanking Mom for Raising Me

without her, no me, thank you mom

Me I am an un-original person english?

daedalusknight

recchiap wrote:If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the baby less awkward looking, I would love some suggestions!

When drawing animals it's very tempting to just follow the outline an animal creates in a photo or painting, but to make really convincing forms it's important to know the animal inside and out. Start with a sketch of the skeleton... nothing detailed, just a few lines to indicate where the main bones (spine, arms, legs, etc.) are resting. Then draw loose ovals around the bones to flesh out the muscles and fat. Lastly the skin and fur overlaying the ovals will provide the final shape the animal takes.

Hope that helps!

northcutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northcutt
daedalusknight wrote:The navy's okay, but I think you'd want to go with brown for it, espeically since you use the shirt color for the trunk of the tree.

What would make this shirt more appealing, I think, would be if you did something interesting with the big green "leaf area." Right now it's just a big green blob on the shirt... how about if you filled it with small leaves (some light green, some dark green) or perhaps spotted the big green blob with small pink flowers?

Love the idea... hope you manage to find an audience with it.

Great advice, thanks!

merrybug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merrybug
Re: Mother

great word play

daedalusknight

northcutt wrote:Great advice, thanks!

You're welcome. Happy to help. :-)

shadesofgrey2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadesofgrey2
tehpwnerer wrote:That's great! GMV I'm surprised it's not doing better.

Thanks for the comment. I hoped it would at least break top 100.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Mommy Is Watching

the image is not large enough for me to tell, but it looks like the black might be a gradient. something woot has a record of not printing.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Maternal Love?

Something about saying that you love my mom is weird.....especially if you had ever met my mom.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Mama Pickle and her Dills

So funny love those kids, especially the one in diapers!

srglancey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srglancey
cristophi wrote:Will it come in 'flesh' tones so it looks like you're nude and it's an actual tattoo?

I guess if you're pasty white, it will look nude. Shoulda had nipples on the front, too. Ooh! And back hair!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Webfoot08 wrote:If the artists on this site tried to obey the dictates of the self-appointed Committee of Critics that have taken up residence on this site, the artists would all be standing in line at attention each week, presenting their ideas on paper (of a certain size only, mind you!) in hopes of being approved. Of course, the Committee of Critics can't agree on anything amongst themselves, so nothing ever gets approved. No designs make it past their surly critique, and no t-shirt ever gets printed, and all the Woot shirt fans go without.

Isn't the way we do it now so much better? Freedom of expression, people. Freedom of choice. Woot's rules are sufficient for their purposes, and they have shown that they are flexible in listening to the demands of the Committee, but in the meanwhile, how about curbing the criticism for a while, and kicking back, and enjoying what the artists have to offer each week?

(Maybe Valium would help the Committee members. They seem to have their knickers in a big ol' twist most if not all of the time! )

First, get over yourself. Second, you seem to be a self-appointed know-it-all for what goes on around here, which is odd considering you joined April 11, 2008.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Meowbot 3000

I love your style, red! This is so cute, and so wearable, too - like your turtle/hare shirt last week.

My daughters and I all love this design - I hope you can enter a design earlier in the next derby, 'cos i think it will go far.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Nobody57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nobody57

WHAT?!?!??!?!?!?!?

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
merrybug wrote:great word play

thanks.

Nobody57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nobody57
Re: Feeding

WHAT?!??!?!? offensive?!?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?! even a "nursing mother" will wear this....whats ur point woot?!?!?!

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: WWW.MOM.COM

This links to an actual site...

superdaveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superdaveo
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

I love the expression on the worm's face. Do Kiwis eat worms?

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Re: Mama Bear

Personally, I have no problem with the resub, although I was a bigger fan of the first one. My biggest problem with this is the chest hair. For me, chest hair doesn't equal mom! ;)

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
boxingmom wrote:I've got to have this one !! It's every thing I love. Great work!!!!

Thanks guys
This one won't get printed this time around, but I'll continue to give this style a shot. Maybe someday!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
guitaryan6969 wrote:Wow all I have to say is this is possibly the best design I have ever seen on woot, it is by far the most original and thought provoking, basically if woot doesnt pick this Im done with woot, and I will never buy another shirt and I will tell friends and family to never buy anything off woot because I have seen too many ingenious designs get turned down and stupid girly cartoon designs win instead.

so long, farewell...

Woot doesn't pick them.