evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord
mia3mom wrote:very cool, and just twisted enough. the design reminds me of something, but I can't think of what it is.

It reminded me immediately of Dr. Doolittle (the REAL one or even the book maybe). I'm not clear why though, maybe one of the editions of the book has similar lines in the drawings?? I love it though, that's for sure.

evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord
mia3mom wrote:very cool, and just twisted enough. the design reminds me of something, but I can't think of what it is.

It reminded me immediately of Dr. Doolittle (the REAL one or even the book maybe). I'm not clear why though, maybe one of the editions of the book has similar lines in the drawings?? I love it though, that's for sure.

Boarder88493

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boarder88493

copyright schmopyright

Boarder88493

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boarder88493
peachwheels wrote:I know the colors are simple, buuuut...vote?

in most cases, outline pictures = rejection

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: Celtic Mother (resubmit)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbol-for-mother.html

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Moms Are Brave

Congrats on the Honorable mention from last weeks derby! Your designs Kick Booty Cakes!

mkdir121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkdir121
Re: Omama!

HAHAHAHAHA

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Beefcoat wrote:Congrats on the Honorable mention from last weeks derby! Your designs Kick Booty Cakes!

Booty cakes.. hahahaha!!

robopanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robopanda
Re: protective mother

I love it! ^_^
I do agree it doesn't look like it relates to the mother theme but who knows!
If this were actually available... I WOULD TOTALY BUY IT!!
XD
I love pandas! =3

"Being Asian Stunt my Growth..."
-me

peachwheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachwheels
Boarder88493 wrote:in most cases, outline pictures = rejection

Oh really? My bad. This is the first derby I've tried submitting stuff for. I'm kinda just testing the waters.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:I've tried both Firefox and IE, both seem to be losing the image. I'm not running SeaMonkey. No other shirt image disappears, just mine... and it doesn't leave and stay gone, it leaves and comes back again, even though I'm not changing my settings.

Not sure what to do here.

I've never heard of that. Try checking your security settings. Also try clearing your cache?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Skyler8899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyler8899
Re: Dragonly Love

okay this is probably a stupid question...but why does it say in the fog?

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Skyler8899 wrote:okay this is probably a stupid question...but why does it say in the fog?

From the FAQ page:
"In the heat of battle, the vote totals of the four leading vote-getters are hidden in a cloud of dust, smoke, and blood. We expect this to make the whole race more dramatic, and to keep prankstas from trying to game the vote. But more importantly, since we're going to sell the top 3 vote-getting shirts (first place on Friday, second place on Saturday, third place on Sunday), letting you see the winners would mean 3 shirts of every 7 we sell would be known in advance. And that wouldn't be much fun, would it?"

I figured I wouldn't be able to explain it as well or with as much humor as woot

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
sparklzk27 wrote:...

I figured I wouldn't be able to explain it as well or with as much humor as woot

So true! Woot really does a nice job writing up their descriptions and their FAQs!

Skyler8899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyler8899
sparklzk27 wrote:From the FAQ page:
"In the heat of battle, the vote totals of the four leading vote-getters are hidden in a cloud of dust, smoke, and blood. We expect this to make the whole race more dramatic, and to keep prankstas from trying to game the vote. But more importantly, since we're going to sell the top 3 vote-getting shirts (first place on Friday, second place on Saturday, third place on Sunday), letting you see the winners would mean 3 shirts of every 7 we sell would be known in advance. And that wouldn't be much fun, would it?"

*giggles* sweet. great contests. i've already bought like 4 of these...its kinda addicting =/

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
ommers74 wrote:It took me like an hour before I figured this out. I thought it was a very dark mass-suicide until I realized the title was " If all your friends", and then I realized there was a bridge, and then I put two and two together, and then I got it.
And I liked it.
Until then I was a little disturbed that motherhood made you think of suicide.
I'm such a dilweed.

ohhhh.... yeah, definitely saw the mass suicide first.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Skyler8899 wrote:*giggles* sweet. great contests. i've already bought like 4 of these...its kinda addicting =/

i know, it's soooo addicting! ... I had to take a survey a few weeks ago and it asked what websites I go to regularly the only one I could think of was woot! what did I ever do online before I found woot? ... and it definitely seems to be a gateway website, first you try out woot.com; it seems safe enough plenty of people use it and they're fine, right?. Then you stumble onto shirt.woot.com and before you know it you're on wine.woot.com, you're a woot junkie staying up until 1AM everynight to frantically refresh the pages hoping for a wootoff or Bag.Of.carp! That's not me of course but I'm sure it's happened to some people :P

ign22401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ign22401
ianthemighty wrote:This is a black shirt?

Yeah, that's throwing me off too... what color shirt IS this supposed to be on? Looks too dark/chocolate to be Woot's brown, but it certainly doesn't look black, nor do I think it'd be as strong a design on black. Could this get cleared up?

On a complete tangent - albeit a related one - how overdue are some fresh shirt colors around here??? AA offers a zillion, you think woot could mix it up, no?

animsakari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animsakari

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm looking forward to future derbies already.

peachwheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachwheels
Re: Mother Teresa

I love love love that quote of hers...

piezo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piezo
folkkevi wrote:woot rejected this shirt because it had to do with breasts.. they always reject shirts about breasts... this is no different, it will get rejected.

I dunno, "mother of all" has breast representation. Is it that the focus is on the actual breasts? If breast is implied but not shown, as in this design, would that be acceptable? I know what this design is intending to show but it also kinda looks like a baby climbing up a shirt.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Mother Goose

best shirt so far

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Wow... a bunch of criticism now. Some of it pretty nasty too. That’s okay, though. Each person is entitled to her or his own opinion. I guess I ought to address some of the ideas there.

No, I’m not fishing for sympathy votes here. My goal was actually to raise awareness for a really worthy cause. I’m sure it’s pretty clear that I could have gone completely maudlin here... made up a shirt design with a grave or something on it and said “I can’t participate in a mommy derby ‘cause my mommy is dead... please vote for me to make me less sad!” That would have been horrible and a poor way to commemorate my mother. I went completely the opposite direction. I made a shirt with an image of a family of cats that I thought would be appealing to people who were looking for something to buy as a Mother’s Day gift. I think I hit that demographic pretty well, given the comments I’ve heard about how perfect a shirt it would be for someone’s mother, grandmother, aunt, sister or daughter. I realize that it’s not the style of shirt many of you would buy for yourself, but I’m pretty sure it’s something lots of people would buy for their mothers.

I can understand why some of you might be upset at seeing my shirt do well. I certainly have seen many shirt designs that I liked get buried beneath other, seemingly less deserving shirt designs. I’ve even seen shirts get what I felt might be an unfair advantage in some way. It can be really frustrating, I know.

Simply telling an appealing story doesn’t get you a pile of votes, though. I send out a story with just about every shirt design I do and I’ve got plenty of designs that just tanked despite my storytelling. I’m just a storytelling kind of person, I guess. I like others to hear the ideas rattling around in my brain when I make a design, so I’ll keep on doing that despite the fact that it’s not a particularly vote-raising strategy. Likewise, promising to donate your profits to charity isn’t a ticket to fog-town either. The last derby I offered to donate to a worthy cause and got less than a hundred votes all told. Less than seventy even. I’m sure there are people out there who see that my entry did well and will try to copy my “formula,” but they’ll be sorely disappointed by the results.

To make it to printing at Woot you have to create something that appeals to a constantly shifting and sometimes maddeningly unpredictable voting base. Some days it’ll be skulls and ravens, other days it’ll be video games or science references... we’ve seen cute shirts, beautiful shirts, dark shirts... nobody can get exactly the shirt designs they want out of every derby. I realize that my design won’t appeal to each and every one of you out there. There are a huge amount of people, though, who are looking for exactly this kind of shirt to use as a Mother’s Day gift... or as a gift for an aunt, a sister, a grandmother, a cat lover... I hope you don’t begrudge them the chance to get their shirt made. They really want to get this shirt printed, and it’s not like I’ll be lining my own pockets with the profits. It’s going to a really good cause and just might help save the life of someone close to you someday. I hope that you get the shirts you want for the next derby. Heck, I’ll even take requests for designs if you like.

Sorry for the long post, I know a bunch of you haven’t even bothered reading this far, but thanks to those of you who took the time to listen to what I had to say.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
jandt4ever07 wrote:Could it be the empty feeling some mothers get inside after giving birth?

Or could it be a miscarriage?

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin
Re: Born In A Barn?

-picking up from the end of the born in a barn line that my grand mom use to say all the time...my fathers responce-
"nooooo" (in the sound of a moo)
-grandmother- "whats wrong with him"
-my uncle- "nuuthingg" (to the sound of a goat)

PeterHellmuth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PeterHellmuth
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

llo, nice.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

[quote postid="2189435" user="eHalcyon"]There is the one angry kid... Zenne, what's the backstory on that disgruntled child?

/quote]

I would not have notice it if you haddn't pointed it out, but since you did, I looked - seems like there is 1 angry kid and one angry baby, too.....

daedalusknight

superspryte wrote:I've never heard of that. Try checking your security settings. Also try clearing your cache?

Hmmm... I didn't change my security settings, and when it's not working it doesn't work in two different browsers, but I'll try clearing the caches next time it happens and see if that helps. Thanks.

FearTheGorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearTheGorgon
daedalusknight wrote:Wow... a bunch of criticism now. Some of it pretty nasty too. That’s okay, though. Each person is entitled to her or his own opinion. I guess I ought to address some of the ideas there.

Are those your cats?

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: A Soft Spot For Mom

Well they should - it's not that bad.

zfranciose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zfranciose
Re: Adotped?

My first Design.
hopefully it goes uphill from here

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

This is great! I would SO buy it in an instant!!!

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: My Mom Forgets Things

Becoming and bein a MOM burns brain cells, that is why. ;-)

We always knew we were in BIG trouble when Mom would yell, "Tommy,".... "Jessie,".... "Nathan,".... "Mindy,".... "Dammit, all of you, get in here NOW!"

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
FearTheGorgon wrote:Are those your cats?

In the first paragraph, daedalus explains that his mom had 5 children and this shirt is in memory of her.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Webfoot08 wrote:Love the egg timer instead of an actual egg. It's that little dab of humor that makes the whole shirt. This is soooo cute.

Agreed.

Futurejunior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Futurejunior
Re: Many Jobs - One Title

This is the only shirt I can see my mom wearing. I guess I am assuming these shirts are meant to be gifts...My mom would definitely not wear any of the top shirts.

James Cmunt

FearTheGorgon

mjc613 wrote:In the first paragraph, daedalus explains that his mom had 5 children and this shirt is in memory of her.

I understand, I was just wondering if these were daedalus' own cats. It was never made clear from the posting.

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:In the first paragraph, daedalus explains that his mom had 5 children and this shirt is in memory of her.

Yep. Metaphorical representations of myself, my sibs, and my mom. Not actual cats that I own.

FearTheGorgon

daedalusknight wrote:Yep. Metaphorical representations of myself, my sibs, and my mom. Not actual cats that I own.

I guess my question is where did the original image of the cats come from or was it freehand drawn?

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
piezo wrote:I dunno, "mother of all" has breast representation. Is it that the focus is on the actual breasts? If breast is implied but not shown, as in this design, would that be acceptable? I know what this design is intending to show but it also kinda looks like a baby climbing up a shirt.

there is a difference between depicting a woman, and creating a shirt meant to emphasis the breasts of a woman who is wearing it. This is why woot rejects shirts with two of something in the chest region, they just don't digg it.