Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Compassion, come all.

I can't believe this only got 5 votes? I like it a lot.
-Andy

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

I love this image. I have only a very minor critique and it's not about the image itself, but rather the portion of the image you chose as a detail. It takes time to look through so many entries and I find myself spending hours perusing the detail images and still not getting through them all. That said, it took me a long time to get to this one because I assumed it was nothing more than a well rendered mother bird illustration, and so I passed it over more than once. I would have clicked much sooner if the detail had included the baby bird hanging from the dummy-mom. Even if it's not obvious what I was looking at, it would have intrigued me to click and investigate. (Another way I would've clicked on it sooner is if your name was allowed to be displayed with the thumbnail image... then I would've known I was in for more than just a pretty picture that could be seen on a t-shirt on sale for five bucks at the local Walgreens.) All in all, it's a gorgeous shirt, it's gmv (later than it should have), and it's truly an inspiration to behold.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
aerodino wrote:No, but you can drive my Oldsmoblie wagon with 206,000 miles on it any time you want! No that's not a typo, that's 206K.

206K aint nothin... now, Oldsmobile wagon on the other hand; that's just plain scary!

melissaduplantis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissaduplantis

intense!

tjflashman77

zrosemore wrote:I like the idea for the shirt, but the font choice is about as bad as I've ever seen on this site.

Everything is a matter of taste and opinion so I'm just taking the time to say that I completely disagree. I think the font is dynamic and playful, yet still very easy to read, and fits in perfectly with the simple illustration of the belly. I probably wouldn't have said anything if the font style hadn't been slammed, but the previous comment seemed overly harsh. You can't please everyone all the time. Nicely executed.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

tigerlillies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerlillies
Re: llo evolution.

My mom and I both love this shirt! Really hope it can make it through the fog.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

It's unfortunate to lose your design out of the fog. It was on my to buy list. That said, I understand why woot did it and appreciate them being vigilant about the entries. Now if we could just see a little more consistancy in the application of the rules and I'll be happier.

Maybe I'll just donate $10 to Susan Komen instead of buying another shirt this weekend.

2thFairy

Seattlejo wrote:It's unfortunate to lose your design out of the fog. It was on my to buy list. That said, I understand why woot did it and appreciate them being vigilant about the entries. Now if we could just see a little more consistancy in the application of the rules and I'll be happier.

Maybe I'll just donate $10 to Susan Komen instead of buying another shirt this weekend.

I think that is the best solution by far. All of the people who said they would buy this shirt should now donate that same $10 directly to the Susan Komen Foundation.

LadyChic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyChic
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

nice - your scaling might be a little off. it is hard to see the worm's face up close.

I like the kiwis though. Very cute although I would love to see the whole design bigger. Can you post it somewhere?

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
QuigglyPhD wrote:I am amazed this shirt isn't doing better. Maybe there's a way to submit it to a big design house that does graphic tees for kohls, tjmax, or someplace else. This is such an awesome design i'd hate to see it go to waste just because it doesn't get printed at woot

Well, I certainly intend to to something with this after the 30 day hold if Woot doesn't pick it as an honorable mention.

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus

Or, you know, however long that hold is.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
DirtiusMaximus wrote:Or, you know, however long that hold is.

Yes, 60 days.

tjflashman77

Re: Bless You

Just curious, but what's in the mama's hand? The yellow/gold object? Anyone?

AgentSnoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AgentSnoop

Almost there, good luck!

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Beefcoat wrote:Congrats on the Honorable mention from last weeks derby! Your designs Kick Booty Cakes!

hey thanks a ton beefcoat! I really like the hamster eating the baby... nice drawing!

tjflashman77

mazi94 wrote:Ovulating? My Goodness!... I can't believe this hasn't been rejected yet. Sooooooo offensive.

Is that sarcasm? I can't imagine, even knowing how sensitive people can be, that anyone could really find this offensive enough to get rejected. Maybe you're interpreting it wrongly? ..I dunno... I'm at a loss. This shirt gmv. Nice job.

judes18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judes18
Re: DON'T FORGET YOUR SWEATER

Say, KTessa...that cardigan looks familiar. ;)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
tehpwnerer wrote:Cute! Nice design!

Thanks! I really haven't drawn a better bunny before, so I'm glad it got some love this week.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Mama Mia

I don't know why this isn't getting love or votes. I love the cartoon style of this. I might have added a bowl of ziti, but I think it's great.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
AdderXYU replied to 2thFairy's question about a breastfeeding rally and wrote:I think it's where teams of five women run topless with a suckling baby, passing it off to the next one until they cross the finish line.

This gave me QUITE a laugh at work! However, I believe this is a breastfeeding Relay. Mia and My---- described breastfeeding Rallies in previous posts.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
tjflashman77 wrote:Just curious, but what's in the mama's hand? The yellow/gold object? Anyone?

This is from a youtube video about a sneezing panda. It's cute. The mama was startled while snacking on something crunchy...maybe a rice cake, or something like it.

ianthemighty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianthemighty
Re: Classic Momma's Boy

Looks good to me. Finish sooner next time!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Classic Momma's Boy

TJ - I do not think anyone will question the artistic ability displayed here. But before worrying about it being PG-13, I'd wonder if woot will think this is off-topic. After all, this derby is supposed to get shirts out in time for Mother's Day. I doubt this is what they were thinking of. But even if they have no problem with this, Wed afternoon is very late for entering the derby. There really isn't enough time for many people to see it, and there are so many other entries at this time taking focus away from yours.

This is a dark design in many ways. The one thing I would be concerned about is whether there is enough contrast for all the details in the face to show up on a shirt.

You obviously have tremendous talent. Hope to see many more entries from you. Just try to get them in as soon after the derby opens as you can.

wstrnsk8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wstrnsk8r
Re: Moms of the World...

whats up cody. shirts are getting better, keep it up

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Mom always liked him best

62 votes and no comments; it's a shame =(

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Galenthegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Galenthegreat
Re: WOW MOM...WHATEVER! (resub)

I don't get it...

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
ansharp wrote:I agree re: placement. Right now the head is nestled right between the breasts, and the widest part of the design is going right across the gut, giving a widening effect to any wearer. But the design itself is great -- nice lines and wonderful color palette (actually reminded me of zenne or sokowa). I hope to see a lot more from you in the future.

Me likey! look forward to more stylized stuff!

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
Re: Feeding v2

thanks everyone for the awesome comments and support. to bad it got rejected.. again =[ *giggles* but kind of cool that my design got so much attention and its my first time submitting something to this site =P well thanks again ill try harder next time *giggles*

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Hey Sokowa- Today was storytime for the lil' ones at the library and the theme was bunny rabbits. They read (and sang) lil' bunny foo foo and I couldn't help but think of your design from the lyrics derby! Didn't know today's topic ahead of time, or I would have worn my copy of your shirt! Would have been perfect!

ledzeppelin2222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ledzeppelin2222
Re: If all your friends...

Steeeeeve!! I voted

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc

every time i see this i snort, this is the most awsomest rejectionated submission everrr!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
DrkRonin wrote:-picking up from the end of the born in a barn line that my grand mom use to say all the time...my fathers responce-
"nooooo" (in the sound of a moo)
-grandmother- "whats wrong with him"
-my uncle- "nuuthingg" (to the sound of a goat)

ROFL that's great!!!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Lots of Hugs!

Come on guys! Show some last minute love for the jellyfish!

2thFairy

klswoot wrote:Hey Sokowa- Today was storytime for the lil' ones at the library and the theme was bunny rabbits. They read (and sang) lil' bunny foo foo and I couldn't help but think of your design from the lyrics derby! Didn't know today's topic ahead of time, or I would have worn my copy of your shirt! Would have been perfect!

I will add to that, I LOVE my Bunny Foo Foo shirt, Sokowa!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
2thFairy wrote:I think that is the best solution by far. All of the people who said they would buy this shirt should now donate that same $10 directly to the Susan Komen Foundation.

No one voted because THEY wanted to give money for cancer. They voted because Daedalus would get $1000 which would be donated for them. I'd say at least a quarter of the voters would never have bought, and even more certainly won't donate without getting an adorable shirt out of it. While I'm confident that Daed would have kept his promise and donated the thousand, I'd be shocked if the charity got $100 out of this plan.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tjflashman77 wrote:Is that sarcasm? I can't imagine, even knowing how sensitive people can be, that anyone could really find this offensive enough to get rejected. Maybe you're interpreting it wrongly? ..I dunno... I'm at a loss. This shirt gmv. Nice job.

Some people don't care to hear the truth, and that truth is that at least one in four babies are alien spawn.

nettles14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nettles14
Re: nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

I wanna vote, How do I vote!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
nettles14 wrote:I wanna vote, How do I vote!

I'm afraid that you can't vote until you've purhcased something from woot. As soon as you've made one purchase (either here or one of the other woot sites) you'll see a "I want one!" tab above each image with which you can cast your vote.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

nettles14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nettles14
makselarts wrote:I'm such a big fan of your work, that means alot to me!
Thanks so much!

It is lovely. Slight correction, usually it is other female whales who guide the neonate to the surface. Watery proof of community midwifery.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: llo evolution.

I like 3 of the 4 shirts in the fog right now, but, this is my personal favorite. I wish we could choose out of the top four. Hang in there amoeba!!!!!!!!!!!!