aww adorable! i love it personally :]

pinkxrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkxrain
Re: MAMAAA!!!

this shirt makes me incredibly sad D:

pinkxrain

Re: thanks, mom - punnett square style

hahah very witty. this one takes me back.

pinkxrain

Re: Which came first?

oh ho i love this one. its something my eyes want to keep looking at.
excellent :D

pinkxrain

Re: Unconditional Love

i love this. adorable is the only word needed

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: Mom's Been Busy

Having never seen it before let me just say that I love it, think it's brilliant, and it's gmv. Nicely done.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

tjflashman77

Re: There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

Just a guess, but I'm assuming she's catholic. Not big fans of birth control, to put it mildly. All of my grandparents come from ridiculously large slews of children by today's standards. C'mon ma... if dad won't put on his swimcap, don't let him in the pool. Yeah, I said it. Very nice design by the way. I love the shoe being on a lakefront plot. Wonder if the neighbors complain that the shoe-home brings down their property values.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
infallible wrote:Hurm, I think it'll hit for the likeness. But even so, she was one of the most overrated people. In actual life, she was something of a sadist and freely associated herself and her "charity" with theives, murderers, and despots. But nobody's got the orbs to criticize her except Christopher Hitchens.

Nah.. Beethoven is one of the most overrated people in history.

tjflashman77

Re: Maternal Instincts

It's a beautiful design. And as is often said "science is stranger than fiction". There are examples of this very behavior in nature from so-called parasite birds. They lay their eggs in other birds' nests and the host mother cares for them and feeds them. In the case of the cow bird the eggs hatch earlier than the eggs of the host birds and often the chicks grow faster and bigger, pushing the other eggs or babies of the host mother out of the nest. I have the sneaking suspicion a dragon baby would be even more aggressive and roast it's "siblings" before feeding on them.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: First breath (resub)

Thank you Nettles, for that correction. That makes the event even that much more astounding.

gregh58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregh58

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Little Red Motherhood

Awesome Zenne. Funny, and I really dig the style -- different and very cool.

Leetransue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leetransue
Re: If all your friends...

WOOT!!! Fog of war!

2thFairy

Re: llo evolution.

Go! Go! Go!!

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
kristynk wrote:I almost voted for this..and then I realized I'd have to kill myself if I ever wore it because of the grammatical error in the second line..

Your so right.

AdderXYU wrote:nearly 100 people don't care. Of course, since this is a kenney shirt, 100 votes may mean 20 actual wooters.

Still, even a poorly planned, entirely text shirt is better than a pucker.

Your right, too. Probably I should have used the Times New Roman font?

Thanks for the kind words, folks, and have a super weekend!

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

Aww 10th place still? T__T this has such great detail and colors.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Her Motherly Nature

mjc613 wrote:Edgar's Amoeba and this one have been taking turns coming in and out of the fog. It just makes me sick.

Aw shucks! It's been a crazy week for sure! Officially nervous....but holding out hope.

Thanks to those who continue to vote!

wreckoning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wreckoning
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

i personally would prefer it without text, but I'm still surprised this never made it into the fog. Best entry this week in my opinion. The illustration looks great.

klswoot

redghia69 wrote:It’s good to see you submitting more of this type of work kls, and good to see art can make a top 10 finish in a derby like this where pretty much anything goes. Your music design for the line art derby is still one of my favorites – I wished that one had done better. Btw, I followed a link from one of your posts last week and eventually found my way to your prints page showing more of your cubist work. Some good stuff there. I hope you’ll continue to develop the style for shirts.

Thanks RedGhia! Glad you like the style and thanks for linking to one of my pages. That's an old link. Didn't know it was still active. I used to print my own prints with an archival ink printer. I still do a few occasionally, but I usually allow a 3rd party to print them.

I will definitely continue to work on this style to make it more suitable for a shirt. It's all trial and error, but I enjoy learning what works and doesn't work with the voters. I'm very pleased that this held onto a spot in the top 10.

edit: I just added the music entry to my cafepress store. I changed it slightly. Let me know what you think. It's listed under art-based designs.

DawnOctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DawnOctopus
Re: Mom, how do I NOM NOM NOM the bamboo like you?

I *love* the design, but I agree with the others that said red was better. I would still buy it on green though!

DawnOctopus

Re: Meowbot 3000

I adore this design! And it looks great on lemon.

DawnOctopus

Re: Portuguese Mom-of-war

I love it. Beautiful colors, and so sweet with the tentacle holding

2thFairy

klswoot wrote:Aw shucks! It's been a crazy week for sure! Officially nervous....but holding out hope.

Thanks to those who continue to vote!

I would love to see a tie with this one and Edgar's.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Jewdave wrote:I like to think he snuck a game-boy back there...

That's how I used to roll :D

klswoot

Re: Her Motherly Nature

Do you think there's really a difference of only 7 votes for 3rd place? That's what it says on SDS. It shows the bridge one in 3rd and the floral yellow one behind by about 7 votes. Looks like another close vote. Just crazy how these derbies work! Ah!

Given that the theme is motherhood, I hope voters find it fits the theme well.

Grfxboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grfxboy

This shirt rules. If you are going to have a contest about Motherhood, this is a big part of it, "wiseacre." Grow up.

rngo219 is my hero.

middlegoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages middlegoat
jel2301 wrote:I still have no idea what's it's trying to depict, so I don't even know if I know the saying. Please do explain just to satisfy my insatiable curiosity, if for no other reason.

In hindsight (no pun intended) I can see how it is pretty hard to see what is going on. It's one of those things that I could see it since I made it, but didn't step outside of myself like I should have to determine if anyone else could. This is my first derby, so I will try to be a little more clear on the next one.

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
dsladek wrote:I always hand draw my designs first with a pencil on paper and then I ink the pencil work on a new sheet of paper. after that I scan the line art into the computer and live trace it in illustrator. this makes it vector based so that I can make it any size i want without destroying the resolution. once I have the line art in illustrator I export it to flash or photoshop for coloring, flash is nice because it keeps your work vectorized but it can sometimes be weird and change your coloring when you export the file back to illustrator. this design was colored in flash and illustrator.

Why don't you color your designs directly in the Illustrator?

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
heartluce wrote:Love your work! Wearing sleeping problems now. Wish there were a larger group picked this derby!

Aw thanks A few more hours and we get a new chance at being creative! YAY! (not that we sit around and not do anything once these designs are drawn)

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
2thFairy wrote:I will add to that, I LOVE my Bunny Foo Foo shirt, Sokowa!

Wow, thank you both. It's fun when a design wins of course, but the you really start second guessing yourself. "OH, they're going to hate the real thing" or "Oh, I think I screwed the design up somehow" Then I have nightmares of 1500 people in my front lawn demanding to tar and feather me.

richpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpowell
Re: Meowbot 3000

I really love the style. Nice work!

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
jordoharpo wrote:I definitely think it needs est on the end of the adjective line. It took me a while to get it. I just kept thinking "I have the orange mom ever."

I sat at my computer screen a good 20 min debating whether or not to have EST. I finally chose design over correct grammar, since I'm a professional designer and all ;)

2thFairy

crayzass1 wrote:I sat at my computer screen a good 20 min debating whether or not to have EST. I finally chose design over correct grammar, since I'm a professional designer and all ;)

I think your decision was a good one.. not all possibilities would work with EST added.

firestar75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firestar75
Re: Mother - TLC

Um...is this not an obvious copy of the Starbucks logo???

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Here is part of a comment I sent to thatrobert for this shirt:

Edgar continues to outshine most of the competition with his thought-provoking entries, but once again is fighting to stay in the fog. In this one, we go back in time to the primordial soup where our great-great-to the 99th power-grandmother made the ultimate sacrifice to have children. We owe her everything!

Go #1 Mom!! Go Edgar!!! Vote for Evolution!

RodeoTrout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RodeoTrout

This is really clever...
I loled at work and made everyone else look at it...
Really hope to wear this shirt...

2thFairy

firestar75 wrote:Um...is this not an obvious copy of the Starbucks logo???

Looks like a cigar label to me.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I really hope this and the egg timer get printed. Great job Edgar.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Re: Dragonly Love

only a few hours left to vote! Thanks so much to everyone that voted already