ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
daedalusknight wrote:Thanks for the advice, Adder. I've clearly misinterpreted what Woot permits and does not (perhaps based on what they let slide in previous entries). I'm certainly going to be a far deal more vigilant in the future. Thanks also for the encouragement.

Daedalus, way to keep your neck up and learn from your mistakes/misinterpretations. It's difficult not to get frustrated and discouraged in these situations, but you have handled this well, and I'm sure we will see more top-notch work from you in the coming derbies.

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
infallible wrote:Hurm, I think it'll hit for the likeness. But even so, she was one of the most overrated people. In actual life, she was something of a sadist and freely associated herself and her "charity" with theives, murderers, and despots. But nobody's got the orbs to criticize her except Christopher Hitchens.

I think what I like about her is that she lived in poverty and freely gave everything she ever got to anyone she saw in need - no matter what kind of life they were living. And associating herself with thieves and murderers? Reminds me a bit of Jesus. Criticize all you want (seriously - I'm not especially attached to her). I still think she wins hands down against any of us normal people in the "charity" department.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
ansharp wrote:Daedalus, way to keep your neck up and learn from your mistakes/misinterpretations. It's difficult not to get frustrated and discouraged in these situations, but you have handled this well, and I'm sure we will see more top-notch work from you in the coming derbies.

well said, ansharp. My first response was sadness and "say it ain't so, joe!" (dated quote of disillusionment)

but thank you, dk, for taking responsibility. I really look forward to your next entry - I've loved your work, and hope to get a print of one of your designs someday!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Poo. Guess I'll be saving my money this weekend...this was the only shirt I voted for this derby. :-/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: llo evolution.

Please vote.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: Adotped?

Holy carp! That duck laid a human! :-P

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264
Re: Her Motherly Nature

No!! Get back in the fog! I wanted to buy one for my mommy

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
heartluce wrote:Please vote.

Go Edgar!!! WOO HOO!

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Re: If all your friends...

It seems too much like a D.A.R.E. or anti-drinking commercial... not my style.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Her Motherly Nature

Nooooo - knocked out of the fog at the end.

I'll look forward to seeing it again in 60 days - it'll still be summery and appropriate weather for a yellow shirt!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mia3mom wrote:Nooooo - knocked out of the fog at the end.

I'll look forward to seeing it again in 60 days - it'll still be summery and appropriate weather for a yellow shirt!

That's okay. I know everyone was rooting for Edgar. (Heck...I'm one of his biggest fans!) I was hoping we might both make it to the top 4, but it wasn't meant to be.

sstrunks5555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrunks5555
Re: Dragonly Love

yAAAY! =]
<3
I really hope this made the cut. I'm insta-buying it.

daisyfey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daisyfey
Re: Dragonly Love

Ovulating? My Goodness!!

WANT.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

what?! how? this is the one i was going to buy....

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
klswoot wrote:That's okay. I know everyone was rooting for Edgar. (Heck...I'm one of his biggest fans!) I was hoping we might both make it to the top 4, but it wasn't meant to be.

I was hoping too.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
2thFairy wrote:206K aint nothin... now, Oldsmobile wagon on the other hand; that's just plain scary!

Ya, Toyota, Nissan, etc, + 206K is nothing, but your father's Oldsmobile is something. Luckily I have 1990 Miata for fun!

heartluce

2thFairy wrote:I was hoping too.

Same here . Now it looks like it's neither.

klswoot

heartluce wrote:Same here . Now it looks like it's neither.

Thanks guys! I don't think we'll see any surprises with the derby 3 this week. I think Cwarrington's predictions are probably right based on what I saw happening with the hotness. Edgar's amoeba did get a surge right before the end, but I don't think it was enough to overtake the suicide one.

I think the Dragon took a commanding lead this week.

heartluce

klswoot wrote:Thanks guys! I don't think we'll see any surprises with the derby 3 this week. I think Cwarrington's predictions are probably right based on what I saw happening with the hotness. Edgar's amoeba did get a surge right before the end, but I don't think it was enough to overtake the suicide one.

I think the Dragon took a commanding lead this week.

My ideal would have been yours, Edgar's and Radiomode or sokowa's. Yours and Edgar's were easily my favorites.
Don't care for the mass suicide design.
Been staying away from the derbies for a while. I think it may be time for another break from caring. This was far too close and far too disappointing at the very end.

Best of luck to all who got their favorites this week. I realize I am often in the minority.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
klswoot wrote:....
I just added the music entry to my cafepress store. I changed it slightly. Let me know what you think. It's listed under art-based designs.

I really like the 2-color version (lower half of the page) and especially on the off-white shown on the framed tile. Thanks for posting the link. I'll come back for something -- somehow the design just really works for me.

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex
mjc613 wrote:Or could it be a miscarriage?

Or just someones l33t paint skills...

rgrail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgrail
Re: What Would Romulus Wear

As a member raised in the wild, I can appreciate this message...the rest of the litter will each get one of these after the next hunt.

hylinski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hylinski

I think my Alzheimers is kicking in.. how do I vote for this design??

molerner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages molerner

Why would the chicken be saying "Mom?" to the egg? If the egg came first, the egg would be itself, not its mother! I wish the joke worked, because it's a cute shirt.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Time-Outs (Resub)

This is so great and so true, llo!

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice

Noooooo, I was going to get the nature shirt for my mom for mothers day, such a great design, and she loves yellow. I'm glad edgar got back in there but as far as the other designs go...well they were pretty meh to say the least. I'm really sorry this didn't make it, it was the best by far.

klswoot

redghia69 wrote:I really like the 2-color version (lower half of the page) and especially on the off-white shown on the framed tile. Thanks for posting the link. I'll come back for something -- somehow the design just really works for me.

Thanks RG! The tiles print beautifully. I bought several framed tiles as gifts and they turned out great. I haven't purchased the music one yet, but I would imagine that it would print well.

Glad you like the design. Thanks for taking a look at the new shop.

klswoot

WeezTheJuice wrote:Noooooo, I was going to get the nature shirt for my mom for mothers day, such a great design, and she loves yellow. I'm glad edgar got back in there but as far as the other designs go...well they were pretty meh to say the least. I'm really sorry this didn't make it, it was the best by far.

Thanks for the support of "Her Motherly Nature". After 60 days, I am free to use the design elsewhere. I'll probably add it to my cafepress store if you are still interested. Would have loved getting it for myself and a few other mom's this holiday, but didn't work out this time around.

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

I know that I for one voted for this shirt and will look for it in your store later.
WOOT should print it for Mother's Day.

ddewey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddewey
Re: If all your friends...

If this wins I'm buying 6 for all my moms.

ejenks909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejenks909

I think this shirt would have been better with text on it that says Mom always cleans or something

ejenks909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejenks909
Re: Mom's Greatest Hits

Nice shirt llo

antilogic81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antilogic81
findingthefourth wrote:This is on navy.

This shirt is Absolutely hysterical...I just hope I can order one before it gets sold out.

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
Grfxboy wrote:This shirt rules. If you are going to have a contest about Motherhood, this is a big part of it, "wiseacre." Grow up.

rngo219 is my hero.

wow im ur hero... awesomeeeeee llo

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

Mitch86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mitch86
Re: Leaving Home

I absolutely LOVE this shirt and can totally relate! I have a son graduating in a couple of weeks...get out!! ;) I'd buy this one in a heartbeat.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
Hardley97 wrote:I'm so upset about the rejection. This was my favorite one by far.

Interesting that it was rejected--it's two words, "Mom Spit" versus the trademarked "MomSpit' and while copyright of graphics covers instances of linetracing and closeness, the difference in the text is enough that it is not a trademark issue--the space would be considered a different spelling. I've noticed that woot goes with the "better safe than sorry" philosophy, though.

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

Vilgrom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Vilgrom
angler03 wrote:I think this is funny and wicked creative. I'm afraid it it falls into the 'have to explain it' column.

The credit for funny and wicked creative should go to Diablo Cody, screenwriter of Juno. If not for inventing the phrase, then for making it popular.

dhmarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhmarr
Re: Too Many Gray Whites

Hah. In this case carp is a pun disguised as a typo. Nice job woot filter.

macntosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macntosh
heartluce wrote:My ideal would have been yours, Edgar's and Radiomode or sokowa's. Yours and Edgar's were easily my favorites.
Don't care for the mass suicide design.
Been staying away from the derbies for a while. I think it may be time for another break from caring. This was far too close and far too disappointing at the very end.

Best of luck to all who got their favorites this week. I realize I am often in the minority.

This is the shirt my wife wanted for Mother's Day. Rat's maybe I should have added my sad story to help you stay in the fog. Well guess I will go to Hallmark with my 10 bucks instead.

binderhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binderhoff

I am just devastated this didn't win. This is so representative of my 2 beasties, without the scaly skin though. Even the destruction on the background seems to go along with them. It was wonderfully done. I really wanted this one for Mother's day.

Re: OH! For ME?