ilcarriz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilcarriz
Re: Her Motherly Nature



I am beyond disappointed This shirt was actually mom-wearable. Now what am I going to get her??

Groggy280


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Groggy280
Re: DON'T FORGET YOUR SWEATER



I love it! My mom's favorite line. in fact the guys (4) were playing v-ball in the yard one day, she walked out and said; "I'm cold, put on your sweaters!"

marymahr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marymahr
Re: Dragonly Love



Love it, love it, love it!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Her Motherly Nature



ilcarriz wrote:I am beyond disappointed This shirt was actually mom-wearable. Now what am I going to get her??



macntosh wrote:This is the shirt my wife wanted for Mother's Day. Rat's maybe I should have added my sad story to help you stay in the fog. Well guess I will go to Hallmark with my 10 bucks instead.



Thanks for the posts! Sorry you won't be able to get it as a gift this year. I'll definitely put it in my cafepress store of past designs. (See the link in my signature...perhaps there's another design that would work for Mother's Day this year(?))

Thanks again!

mikebjul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikebjul
Re: llo evolution.



I hope to darwin this wins 3rd place.

Geckotek


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek
Re: Your Eggo Is Preggo



Since the eye's are looking downward, the disturbed grimmace of the mouth is apparent to me and I see only a mouth.

I hope this gets resubbed in another place, I'd love to buy one.

obrock99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages obrock99

I love this shirt! I actually think it's better than the winners of the 'motherhood' category. I just look at the winning shirts through RSS. Would someone mind telling me the process of who wins? Is it employees that choose the winners or normal people like myself? Sorry in advance for being misinformed.

EDIT: I didn't realize this is the general post for the category. This post applies to the 'Attila the Mom' shirt.

Bulnes


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes

Oh my gosh!!!

Love this shirt.......... soo very funny..

Is there anyway to buy this shirt?

mouzie9@sbcglobal.net

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
obrock99 wrote:I love this shirt! I actually think it's better than the winners of the 'motherhood' category. I just look at the winning shirts through RSS. Would someone mind telling me the process of who wins? Is it employees that choose the winners or normal people like myself? Sorry in advance for being misinformed.

EDIT: I didn't realize this is the general post for the category. This post applies to the 'Attila the Mom' shirt.



"Normal people", if you can call wooters normal. ;)

Check out the current derby and vote for anything you want. You can vote for as many designs as you like. Use the tab above the image that says "I'd want one." Click the thumbnails for a full shirt comp image. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

obrock99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages obrock99
eHalcyon wrote:"Normal people", if you can call wooters normal. ;)

Check out the current derby and vote for anything you want. You can vote for as many designs as you like. Use the tab above the image that says "I'd want one." Click the thumbnails for a full shirt comp image. =)



I want to buy this and have it by Mother's day. Is there any way this will be put up for sale? Thanks for the response!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
obrock99 wrote:I want to buy this and have it by Mother's day. Is there any way this will be put up for sale? Thanks for the response!



I'm afraid it isn't likely. Woot only prints the top three designs from each derby. Although they hold the rights to all submitted designs for 60 days, I don't think they've ever printed those shirts that don't place in the top three.

The best you can hope for is that it wins when woot does the do-over derby, or that dsladek decides to put it up after 60 days. Since it has a good chance in the do-over, he'll probably wait. This means that you'll probably have to wait until next Mother's day. Sorry!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

obrock99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages obrock99
eHalcyon wrote:I'm afraid it isn't likely. Woot only prints the top three designs from each derby. Although they hold the rights to all submitted designs for 60 days, I don't think they've ever printed those shirts that don't place in the top three.

The best you can hope for is that it wins when woot does the do-over derby, or that dsladek decides to put it up after 60 days. Since it has a good chance in the do-over, he'll probably wait. This means that you'll probably have to wait until next Mother's day. Sorry!



Ohhhhhh My heavily obece Mongolian mother will be upset. Flowers alone are far too generic for my taste. Thanks again for the info!

jzuchero


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzuchero

Can't believe I missed buying this! I'm new to the site, want to buy the shirt, and harvested 15 liters of amoeba just last week. Please help!

tamaralynnjones


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamaralynnjones
Re: ATTILA THE MOM



Congratulations of the Honorable Mention dsladek! You more than deserve it...I can tell how much time you took with this design!

barabajagle


quality posts: 2 Private Messages barabajagle
Re: If all your friends...



What happened to this shirt!?!?!?!?!

IMO, it IS way better than the ones that beat it for first through third.

I'm kinda new to how the Derby winners work... Is it only First through Third that get their shirts made? I saw no mention of "If all your friends..." in the Honorable mentions section either.

I'm confused and disappointed.

astronautcowboy3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages astronautcowboy3
barabajagle wrote:What happened to this shirt!?!?!?!?!

IMO, it IS way better than the ones that beat it for first through third.

I'm kinda new to how the Derby winners work... Is it only First through Third that get their shirts made? I saw no mention of "If all your friends..." in the Honorable mentions section either.

I'm confused and disappointed.



Yes, what the heck happened/is going on?

Agiani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Agiani

Dang!

Wish I'd have seen this so I could have voted on it...or bought it when it was the shirt of the day. Guess I'll just have to spend an extra $5 per shirt now. <grin>

rosiegrey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosiegrey

I know I'm a little late in commenting on this given the last entry was in April; but I just wanted to say that this is a very nice design.
The whole controversy that people seem to be having over the Triskele design is kinda frivolous.
There are many versions and interpretations of the Triskele. If you like it, then that's all that matters. Obviously other people will too!
The only problem with your design however, is that you've got the spirals going in the wrong direction.
According to a few sources I have looked into, they should be going in a clockwise direction starting from the center of the spiral, then out and around to the center to connect.
The triangle connection in the center is the kinda the key to the "motherhood"/"woman" link to this symbol.
And you're right, this is a "symbol" NOT a "knot".

Again, nice design; don't listen to the negative folks out there!

rosiegrey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosiegrey

My apologies; the spirals can go in either direction!