BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir

Well I'm in for one! This reminds me of my Pocket Fishman shirt, but with even more action going on. That poor little goldfish already looked terrified stuck in a plastic bag in that pocket. He probably would've stroked out if anyone had strapped a parachute onto him and tossed him out of his safe pocket. llo

peppersabaddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog

every single one of you that complained about having 37 uncles die in WWII have to buy this shirt or you arent a patriot.
unless of course you find this military shirt offensive as well? probably. wooters love to hate. doesnt matter if the shirt deserves it or not.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
AdderXYU wrote:he's upset its a crappy shirt. But ah, you know everything, you rascal you.

llo....I try Adder...I Love learning, but YOU know and I know I'll never know as much as you....but......I can try

NosferatuRed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NosferatuRed

Yeah...same...

"Humankind -- Be both."

cheapojoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheapojoe

Sweet, I wanted this shirt the first time I saw it. Nice design, in for 1.

surflunesta

brizz wrote:i'm not "upset" about anything...just expressing MY personal opinion that there were a number of better designs that finished behind this particular shirt. It's, you know...an opinion.

OK, so back it up....why? I would like to know. What don't you like about it? Is it a political thing? Opinions are fine Brizz...but what about a reason???

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick

my bro was a paratrooper for 6 1/2 years. I'm getting him one. He'll love it.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
surflunesta wrote:OK, so back it up....why? I would like to know. What don't you like about it? Is it a political thing? Opinions are fine Brizz...but what about a reason???

I don't know if brizz has a reason or not, but sometimes there isn't one. Sometimes there's just some X factor that just isn't there. An opinion is still an opinion.

It would be un-American to censor opinions! Are you un-American? Huh? HUH?

Because I am. I'm Canadian. =D

Although technically I'm still North American. Far North.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
surflunesta wrote:OK, so back it up....why? I would like to know. What don't you like about it? Is it a political thing? Opinions are fine Brizz...but what about a reason???

wow, a lot of negative energy coming off this forum tonight.

may I remind you, it's a shirt. a 10 dollar shirt.

do like Franky said on his way to Hollywood and relax.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

eHalcyon

timkerrick wrote:wow, a lot of negative energy coming off this forum tonight.

may I remind you, it's a shirt. a 10 dollar shirt.

do like Franky said on his way to Hollywood and relax.

Clearly you don't read the forums much. There's a lot of negative energy every night, everywhere.

There is also a lot of insanity. HOORAY!

dborja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dborja

Nice! In for one even though I deal with the Armor divisions...

swissmr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages swissmr

I like the design...can imagine it best on a youngster, I'll pass but would have liked it if i was younger.

LEFTY921

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LEFTY921

Nice I'm in.

pillowhead6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pillowhead6

This shirt, a pair of camouflage pants, my 20 hole doc's and
i'm off to canada to play a game of hide and seek with my uncle sam, not enough room in the pocket for my smokes though, I guess I can carry them in my pants, gotta love a pocket shirt ( great design, in-4-1)

surflunesta

AdderXYU wrote:Yknow, I'm just thinking...

For every bout of childish whining of "My 84 uncles died in World War Nam, and therefore this (rising sun design, design which might be taken as questioning government, general japanophilia, woodpecker head foolishly called a swastika) is unamerican" that we get on the dailies, I expect this shirt to sell out damn quick. True patriots consume anything referring to the military, because thats the american way.

With all somewhat reserved respect Adder, as far as I'm concerned I love this shirt because I like the design, colors and overall appearance and yes...that means I like the military aspect too...for alot of reasons none of which you might understand.

But I have to tell you, if it was on a cream shirt I probably would have to pass. Either way I still would have to get up in the morning for reserve duty

surflunesta

eHalcyon wrote:I don't know if brizz has a reason or not, but sometimes there isn't one. Sometimes there's just some X factor that just isn't there. An opinion is still an opinion.

It would be un-American to censor opinions! Are you un-American? Huh? HUH?

Because I am. I'm Canadian. =D

Although technically I'm still North American. Far North.

Yes...yes you are....

And you have almost 500 posts in less than a month. Busy eh???

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
surflunesta wrote:Amped this got placed...congrats to the artist.

Patriotic too for a change...nice.

glad it placed too. It was my fav in the fog. In for 2!

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

peppersabaddog

surflunesta wrote:Yes...yes you are....

you will get used to ignoring that one, the rest of us have.

eHalcyon

surflunesta wrote:Yes...yes you are....

I like to procrastinate on my engineering homework.

surflunesta

peppersabaddog wrote:you will get used to ignoring that one, the rest of us have.

Thanks Peppers....I have to learn to ignore....I like your sig

eHalcyon

peppersabaddog wrote:you will get used to ignoring that one, the rest of us have.

Seriously - what do you have against me? I don't remember having any conversation with you.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

cuz its oogie.

eHalcyon

surflunesta wrote:With all somewhat reserved respect Adder, as far as I'm concerned I love this shirt because I like the design, colors and overall appearance and yes...that means I like the military aspect too...for alot of reasons none of which you might understand.

But I have to tell you, if it was on a cream shirt I probably would have to pass. Either way I still would have to get up in the morning for reserve duty

Hmm... cream might work too. Olive is really good for this though.

peppersabaddog

eHalcyon wrote:Seriously - what do you have against me? I don't remember having any conversation with you.

only that you take know-it-all to a whole new level far beyond anyother know-it-all wooter and you havent even been here very long. we have enough of them already. you arent even old enough to BE a know-it-all yet, calm it down some EH?

surflunesta

eHalcyon wrote:I like to procrastinate on my engineering homework.

God save the bridges in Babylon....oops I mean Toronto

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Congratulations on the printing. This was another one that was resubmitted on olive a bit late after realizing that the black on brown might be an issue. That's sometimes risky if the voters don't see the resub, but you were successful. Congratulations on your first shirt.woot printing!

kwchung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwchung

great shirt, in for one!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
AdderXYU wrote:Yknow, I'm just thinking...

For every bout of childish whining of "My 84 uncles died in World War Nam, and therefore this (rising sun design, design which might be taken as questioning government, general japanophilia, woodpecker head foolishly called a swastika) is unamerican" that we get on the dailies, I expect this shirt to sell out damn quick. True patriots consume anything referring to the military, because thats the american way.

You make me laugh so freakin' hard, Adder! ROFL, or whatever it is the kids are writing these days.

Carpe shirtem!

guder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guder

I must be a kid at heart since I'm in for one.

Love the deisgn, and yes I agree, a real pocket would of been cool with this one.

A few items wooted, a number more to go...
Woot Off Checker Survived most so far

Izzman89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Izzman89

First off, congrats to the artist for the printing, and I really do like this shirt (However I just ordered zombie garden, and am debating another olive... It honestly is a great color as others have said.)

And I'd just like to thank all the other derby entrants for braving the angry mob that is the shirt.woot community and bringing fresh ideas for those of us that appreciate them. I understand that not everybody likes everything, and constructive criticism is important for the designers to grow, but the way many people in this community use a shirt as a jumping-off point to start a huge argument is just getting annoying after a while.

But that's just me.

Edit: Ahh heck, olive is a great color and it's just 10 bucks! In for one.

cdpyronme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdpyronme
majekman76 wrote:I'd buy it, if it was a real pocket. How bout it Woot, how's about some tees with pockets?

Just gotta say, there's no way I'd buy woot shirts with a pocket. I always end up trying to use the god forsaken things and it's the most sure-fire way to guarantee your cell phone or cigarettes will be sinking to the bottom of the toilet. And sidenote... why is woot underlined as a mis-spelled word when I'm typing this... seems like somebody could make that pass the on-board dictionary. Just a thought. Keep bickering, guys, it makes me laugh

surflunesta

eHalcyon wrote:Hmm... cream might work too. Olive is really good for this though.

good thing your in Canada eh?

Roshz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roshz

this design definitely deserves second. congrats to the artist, keep up the great work. i'm limiting myself to one shirt per derby though ><

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

Congrats, this is a cool shirt!

surflunesta

iris420 wrote:You make me laugh so freakin' hard, Adder! ROFL, or whatever it is the kids are writing these days.

Ummm...THATS what the kids are writing...take note parents...iris420 coming out!!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
surflunesta wrote:Ummm...THATS what the kids are writing...take note parents...iris420 coming out!!!

Luney, I really wish I knew what you were trying to say

GSimmons01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GSimmons01
matthaak wrote:What's the deal with all the OLIVE shirts? Come on. Get a new shirt color please!

What? I've got two olive shirts from woot. I don't think there is a plethora of olive shirts at all. I like this shirt because I can sneak it under a bdu and no one will be the wiser. Olive rox!

eHalcyon

peppersabaddog wrote:only that you take know-it-all to a whole new level far beyond anyother know-it-all wooter and you havent even been here very long. we have enough of them already. you arent even old enough to BE a know-it-all yet, calm it down some EH?

I spent my procrastination time reading before commenting. Whenever I make a comment regarding design, it's information I've picked up from reputable woot designers or the actual submission rules. When I make a comment on general rudeness and such, it's just common sense.

If I've come off as a know-it-all, I apologize. But I do my research before making technical comments and if I have any criticisms I try my best to give them kindly. If I say something stupid, please please let me know so I can phrase things better in the future.

Now, less seriously - how old must one be before he is allowed to be a know-it-all?

eHalcyon

surflunesta wrote:good thing your in Canada eh?

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. But... I was agreeing with you. I like the design.

surflunesta

AdderXYU wrote:Luney, I really wish I knew what you were trying to say

Likewise Sadder. As for me (as I said before) I really like the design, placement, and colors. What else is there to understand? You can't tell me you don't appreciate any of those qualities of this shirt can you? Please expound if you can. Some in here want to put it down because it has a military theme to it I suspect. That is their opinion. But yes, I believe it will sell out quickly...why is that do you suppose? Is it the art, the theme...what??? You tell me.