snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
eHalcyon wrote:I spent my procrastination time reading before commenting. Whenever I make a comment regarding design, it's information I've picked up from reputable woot designers or the actual submission rules. When I make a comment on general rudeness and such, it's just common sense.

If I've come off as a know-it-all, I apologize. But I do my research before making technical comments and if I have any criticisms I try my best to give them kindly. If I say something stupid, please please let me know so I can phrase things better in the future.

Now, less seriously - how old must one be before he is allowed to be a know-it-all?

Why do you feel the need to make so many comments???? That is the bottom line.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
eHalcyon wrote:I spent my procrastination time reading before commenting. Whenever I make a comment regarding design, it's information I've picked up from reputable woot designers or the actual submission rules. When I make a comment on general rudeness and such, it's just common sense.

If I've come off as a know-it-all, I apologize. But I do my research before making technical comments and if I have any criticisms I try my best to give them kindly. If I say something stupid, please please let me know so I can phrase things better in the future.

Now, less seriously - how old must one be before he is allowed to be a know-it-all?

idk ask adder, he knows EVERYTHING dude.
your know-it-all title is based on posting about every stinking thing that is ever said here ever since you have been here. not that you actually know all ;)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
snarkygal wrote:Why do you feel the need to make so many comments???? That is the bottom line.

Most of my comments are either compliments on designs I like or replies in continuing conversations. I feel that if I like a design, the artist would appreciate the praise. Encouragement is a good thing. Also, if there is a conversation going, I don't want to just stop replying. Isn't it rude to just hang up on conversations?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

krushapet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krushapet

Bring back BATS!!! BATS BATS BATS BATS!!!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

In for One!

I gotta say. I was overall disappointed by what was available in the entire derby. Very little was "Stylized Motion"... It's like the description read..."A unicorn majestically poised on a mountaintop? No. A unicorn in full gallop? Maybe. A unicorn in full gallop, stylized in a way that conveys motion? Exactly."

A lot of this stuff falls into the 'maybe', and very little hit the nail on the head for the 'exactly' point.

This shirt however, was fun enough for me to accept it and will be the only one out of this weekend I'll be purchasing. The last few months, and especially the last few weeks, my roomates and I have got quite a collection. Last weekend I bought all three. This weekend, just the one. The motherhood derby, while I understand it's Mom's day and all, doesn't look too hopeful on things a guy like me would want to wear.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
krushapet wrote:Bring back BATS!!! BATS BATS BATS BATS!!!

this is the most intelligent post in this thread, and I commend you.

Batsbatsbatsbatsbats

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
eHalcyon wrote:Most of my comments are either compliments on designs I like or replies in continuing conversations. I feel that if I like a design, the artist would appreciate the praise. Encouragement is a good thing. Also, if there is a conversation going, I don't want to just stop replying. Isn't it rude to just hang up on conversations?

Oh really? Then why did I read post after post this afternoon with your name on it saying things like "this has gradients, this will be rejected", etc. There is no need for that. You do not need to comment on EVERY entry.

I am done talking to you as you don't see to "get it". We've had this conversation before.

OGauge4Me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OGauge4Me

In for 1. I'm lovin it.

C-130 rolling down the strip
Airborne daddy on a one way trip
Mission uncertain, destination unknown
We don't know if we're ever coming home
Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door
Jump right out and count to four
If my main don't open wide
I got another one by my side
If that one should I am an un-original person me too
Look out ground I'm coming through
Slip to the right and slip to the left
Slip on down, do a PLF
Hit the drop zone with my feet apart
Legs in my stomach and feet in my heart
If I die on the old drop zone
Box me up and ship me home
Pin my wings upon my chest
Bury me in the leaning rest
If I die in the Spanish Moors
Bury me deep with a case of Coors
If I die in Korean mud
Bury me deep with a case of Bud
If I die in a firefight
Bury me deep with a case of Lite
If I die in a German blitz
Bury me deep with a case of Schlitz
If I die, don't bring me back
Just bury me with a case of Jack

kaptinss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaptinss

I'm in for one...for the first time ever.

BlazinApes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlazinApes

just bought mine, woohoo cant wait, may see to excited but it reminds me of Battalion Wars. wows could also be the woodchucks

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
AdderXYU wrote:this is the most intelligent post in this thread, and I commend you.

Batsbatsbatsbatsbats

Wow Adder nice reply as usual and nice diss on yourself

BlazinApes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlazinApes
kaptinss wrote:I'm in for one...for the first time ever.

Hell yeah Kaptinss! Majekman76, a real pocket with image would be cool, i'd buy(mite be too hard for them to mass prodoce in that way, i don't know though, just my thoughts)

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
kaptinss wrote:I'm in for one...for the first time ever.

Congrats on the first purchase. Now make sure you vote in the derbies and have a say in what gets printed!

devildotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devildotcom
JoannaRenee wrote:So glad this shirt won! This is only my second shirt woot, and I'm so glad it was this one.

Also, excited to read the Woot description. My name's Joanna.

Rally, is your middle name by chance... "Renee"

eHalcyon

snarkygal wrote:Oh really? Then why did I read post after post this afternoon with your name on it saying things like "this has gradients, this will be rejected", etc. There is no need for that. You do not need to comment on EVERY entry.

I am done talking to you as you don't see to "get it". We've had this conversation before.

As I said, most of my comments are compliments - not all. The gradients issue is from the submission rules. I was informing the designer so that he or she might be able to quickly correct it and resub, much as others do. In fact, the designer of the shirts of which you are speaking PM'ed me and asked me what a gradient was and how to get rid of it. And I helped him. The purpose of such a comment is to let the designer know asap, lest he lose valuable time waiting for the rejection to come. The motive behind my comment was to be informative and helpful, though if the brevity of my statement came off as rude, that is my fault. I will endeavour to correct this next time.

I don't comment on every entry. I comment on the ones I like, the ones that are interesting and, sometimes, the ones that have broken rules - other wooters do this as well. There is actually a badge called "The commenter" which, presumably, is rewarded to the person who makes the most comments in a derby. I haven't had the distinction of getting this award from woot, nor do I expect to receive it any time soon.

Once again, I apologize if I've offended you. That has never been my intention.

cdpyronme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdpyronme
BlazinApes wrote:Hell yeah Kaptinss! Majekman76, a real pocket with image would be cool, i'd buy(mite be too hard for them to mass prodoce in that way, i don't know though, just my thoughts)

Say no to pockets! If i lose a cell phone to the toilet because of a pocket, i can't buy shirts... quit your bickering and get a life, guys. it's not funny anymore. it's friday nite and a few of you need a drink. or a tranquilizer. that is all.

keeyoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keeyoh

Cute shirt. I like how the little Army guys look like toy soldiers. For some reason I like the idea of toy soldiers parachuting out of my pocket. And the angry faces on them makes the look complete. Congrats on getting printed

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix

Congrats!! Love the shirt, in for 2! Glad something I like made it. Screw anyone that doesn't like it... it made it on votes just like all the others they may or may not like.

matthaak wrote:What's the deal with all the OLIVE shirts? Come on. Get a new shirt color please!

Yeah, an army type shirt in red would have looked great? One day people grumble and/or bemoan fate about black, the next asphalt and I guess olive green ON AN ARMY theme shirt is next.

brizz wrote:very simplistic shirt. so much better stuff behind it that should be printed instead. Can't believe this placed at all. very ugh.

Whatever, get over it... it placed by votes, you don't like it there's another tomorrow and everyday after that or go away? Some of your shirts listed in your sig aren't great but I didn't put them down, I MOVED ON without being an one that smells of Elderberries.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
snarkygal wrote:Why do you feel the need to make so many comments???? That is the bottom line.

That was teh funny - coming from someone with three times as many post. Of course, i do realize you have been here 10 times as long as he has, but seems he's just about on your pace.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

eHalcyon

fleamarketadict wrote:That was teh funny - coming from someone with three times as many post. Of course, i do realize you have been here 10 times as long as he has, but seems he's just about on your pace.

No, she's right. I'm moving at a much faster pace. I'm too talkative online.

But thanks, sir or madam.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
krushapet wrote:Bring back BATS!!! BATS BATS BATS BATS!!!

Try back in October... L O L

dragonheads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonheads

very generic and cliche design that I would expect the local emo frog to wear

give me something original yet not too cliche

elong311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elong311
brizz wrote:very simplistic shirt. so much better stuff behind it that should be printed instead. Can't believe this placed at all. very ugh.

Exactly! Thanks you brizz

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
surflunesta wrote:Likewise Sadder. As for me (as I said before) I really like the design, placement, and colors. What else is there to understand? You can't tell me you don't appreciate any of those qualities of this shirt can you? Please expound if you can. Some in here want to put it down because it has a military theme to it I suspect. That is their opinion. But yes, I believe it will sell out quickly...why is that do you suppose? Is it the art, the theme...what??? You tell me.

the pocket looks a bit small, the trompe l'oeil derby was a month ago & a fake-pocket tee printed then (albeit the artist wasn’t submitting then) – guess it qualifies as motion though & the voters have spoken. the wrinkles on the pocket are a bit too random, some refined shadows/shading would have added some nice perspective to this design. the colors are fine and the change to olive was an improvement. but I wouldn't buy it... it's just not my taste, but congrats to the artist for the print and for getting v2 to place 2nd. it will sellout for various reasons, depending on the buyer's taste... maybe they need some action in their pants.

This shirt tells the world: “Just like in real life, economic decisions determine where we send the shirt army next.”

beetlequeen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beetlequeen

Heh. This forum makes me smile.

I am in for one. Olive it!

jledmond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jledmond
eHalcyon wrote:No, she's right. I'm moving at a much faster pace. I'm too talkative online.

But thanks, sir or madam.

Geezz you guys need to get outside more. Unplug and unwind.

denaligirl

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
edtwozeronine wrote:same, i already have the goldfish in pocket shirt. last thing i need is another shirt to remind me that i don't actually have a pocket to put things in...

What can you put in a t-shirt pocket? A dime?

Congrats to sundbe. This is a cute design.

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154

Guess I got up just in time. Got my order in and now it's bouncing!

Though I have to say that I'm surprised this one didn't win. Yesterday's was pretty unexpected IMO. Good job though! Both of you!

t4stywh34t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages t4stywh34t

This shirt has stolen my woot virginity. Congrats.

Webfoot08

The "I Want One" oval of purchase is hoppin' up and down.

May I take this opportunity to point out that anyone in any country could wear this shirt and say it's "patriotic"? It doesn't indicate WHICH army or marine-type force this shirt depicts. There's no American flag or other sign of affiliation.

It could be the Polish army, for all we know. It could be the Russian army. It could be any of numerous armies.

People, people, people, stop ASSuming things! Free your mind!

And if you want to see a truly kick-a$$ military photo, go here and scroll down:

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2186041&PageIndex=4&ReplyCount=163

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

This is too much of a childish shirt for me. I'd feel really immature wearing this in public.

Sure, I just signed on for this site a day ago, but I've been looking at it for roughly a week, and I'm still looking for my first Woot. :-(

jenniferbosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniferbosman

I couldn't decide to get it for either my son or husband but since my husband got the duck hunt, my son scored this one. Very cool shirt. Love their faces. Doesn't it remind you of Toy Soldiers?

Webfoot08

TurboGraphx16 wrote:This is too much of a childish shirt for me. I'd feel really immature wearing this in public.

Sure, I just signed on for this site a day ago, but I've been looking at it for roughly a week, and I'm still looking for my first Woot. :-(

True and I agree. Some of us don't care for cute or horrible or "out there". I've bought two individual shirts here - Koi Fish and yesterday's Treacherous Waters, because they have artful elements (the fisherman running away on the TW shirt is small enough to not be noticed too much) - and I did one Random Shirt purchase for 3, and kept one.

There are rarely truly artful shirts offered here, but that's partially Woot's fault - they have limitations in number of colors used (6), design styles that are allowed (no gradients or thin lines, etc.), and they have to be wholesome with no adult or other non-family-friendly themes. That causes the window of artistic expression to be fairly small. I think the artists who get their designs printed do a good job given those limitations, but it makes for a narrow choice for those of us who would like to get something artistic and wearable for ten measly bucks. :-)

rook543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543
majekman76 wrote:I'd buy it, if it was a real pocket. How bout it Woot, how's about some tees with pockets?

Unfortunately it is very dificult to print a design on a pocket of a pocket-tee, as the seams prevent the screen from laying perfectly flat on the fabric.

mooly123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooly123

This makes two shirts in three days that I missed getting. My question is about the second chance site. I really want to get the fat unicorn from 2 days ago, but it isn't on there. Do not all shirts make it to second chance or does it take more than a day?

cdpyronme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdpyronme
mooly123 wrote:This makes two shirts in three days that I missed getting. My question is about the second chance site. I really want to get the fat unicorn from 2 days ago, but it isn't on there. Do not all shirts make it to second chance or does it take more than a day?

click on the sad rat link on the first post in this thread. I could probably just post the link, but finding it will be good for you

mooly123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooly123
cdpyronme wrote:click on the sad rat link on the first post in this thread. I could probably just post the link, but finding it will be good for you

I've been clicking it for two days but that shirt hasn't been listed yet, so I'm interested in the turn around on being able to get one second chance (because I was under the impression that they went up next day but clearly I was mistaken).

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
mooly123 wrote:This makes two shirts in three days that I missed getting. My question is about the second chance site. I really want to get the fat unicorn from 2 days ago, but it isn't on there. Do not all shirts make it to second chance or does it take more than a day?

The URL/link for this shirt will be:

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5346

The fat unicorn is:

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5338

On the main "Today's Woot" page, there is a 4 digit number/link above the link to the discussion thread. That is the archive link to purchase the shirt at a later date.

Though I would say it would be nice if there was some form of link from the "woot shirts" page to make navigation less of a pain.

Easy navigation = more $$$ woot.

jsalzberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsalzberg

Bought one for a paratrooper friend in Iraq plus one for myself. Woot!

realbigkahuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbigkahuna

real big kahuna loves this shirt in a really big way.