sakiris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakiris

very cool, my first shirt.woot

"Few can foresee whither their road will lead them, till they come to its end" - Legolas

stripestore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stripestore

Darn....this is a shirt I really really would have loved to buy, if it wasn't for the franchise/non-video games on it.

Xmen? Indiana Jones? how about Xenogears/Xenosaga or XG3 for X? For I, how about Ice Climbers?

You could probably find a letter for every movie franchise that's been made into a game, and this shirt would no longer be an homage to video games at all.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
stripestore wrote:Darn....this is a shirt I really really would have loved to buy, if it wasn't for the franchise/non-video games on it.

Xmen? Indiana Jones? how about Xenogears/Xenosaga or XG3 for X? For I, how about Ice Climbers?

You could probably find a letter for every movie franchise that's been made into a game, and this shirt would no longer be an homage to video games at all.

To each their own, really. What makes a better 'franchise' for some makes that same game boring for another...

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
stripestore wrote:Darn....this is a shirt I really really would have loved to buy, if it wasn't for the franchise/non-video games on it.

Ice Climbers would've been CLUTCH! Fits perfectly with the visual style, too.

I just realized, this shirt is like "Super Smash Bros: Every Game Ever."

[MOD: No advertising please]

chessasaur

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chessasaur

Love the shirt! My first woot shirt too! Being a 40+ year old gamer, I know all these guys. Thanks!

BorisL12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisL12

in for 1. grate shirt for us gamers

bigsick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigsick

new to woot, first shirt, awesome design.

zer0infinite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zer0infinite

Halo is too new-school for this shirt. :P

why2kliu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages why2kliu

Missed out on the Zelda one last time... this is perfect!

Fumarole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fumarole

Awesome shirt. Quite the timeline there.

TrojanGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrojanGuy

First woot shirt I've ever bought. This is awesome (even though I did need to read the comments to figure out what a couple of them were).

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

I don't think I can get over the fact that Megaman is WHITE... I mean I can understand changing stuff to avoid copyright issues, but WHITE?!?!

Other than that it is pretty good, although I could have suggested a ton of better games for letters and avoided movies entirely. Still, grate work and I'm sure it will sell out.

EDIT: Also, what does the woot description of "B is for robot, that must find all the doors" mean? Bomberman doesn't "find doors" so I don't understand... but ok...

usermanual

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usermanual

if "h" was for halo, then "m" shoulda been for metroid.
not for me.

caveat br0wz0r

lordoink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordoink
usermanual wrote:if "h" was for halo, then "m" shoulda been for metroid.
not for me.

Megaman!!

King8654

quality posts: 2 Private Messages King8654

grate shirt! in for one!

i lOVE woot!

richardk942

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richardk942
astronautcowboy3 wrote:Unfortunately I was really unimpressed by this shirt. I don't think the use of letters is creative at all.

GO GO MONKEY SHIRT!

tenor1trpt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenor1trpt

I hate the derby shirts because I usually want all of them but cannot afford all of them. I'll have to pass, even though it's grate.

ChangHyun84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChangHyun84

Even though I've managed to NOT play more than half of these games on here,
I gotta give another J Cho with the same birth year props.

It's my first woot shirt! I'm so proud and ashamed at the same time...

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

Missed out on the Zelda one, but all i gotta say is not missing out on this....I sat, I thought, I bought ;) its such a nerd shirt....

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06

nice! got one. only need to buy one more thing to be better than everyone else.

Well there is always next year....

LBISurfer2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LBISurfer2

Wow it's bouncing already... nice design but I just dont really like this derby idea. Maybe next time. Congrats on the looks-like-its-going-to-sell-out design

tohru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tohru
shimey013 wrote:Missed out on the Zelda one, but all i gotta say is not missing out on this....I sat, I thought, I bought ;) its such a nerd shirt....

you can still buy the Zelda shirt it is 15 bucks now on shirt.woot. So you didn't miss it. You just missed it for 10 bux next day sales are 15

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013
tohru wrote:you can still buy the Zelda shirt it is 15 bucks now on shirt.woot. So you didn't miss it. You just missed it for 10 bux next day sales are 15

But $10 is so much nicer...llo..may have to go back and get it... and this shirt makes up for a "eh" woot.off...

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence

Congrats! Love this shirt!

SamoaJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJoe

This shirt winning first sets a brand new standard for Cho pandering. To say this is a creative shirt is ridiculous, and to say it's a parody is equally.

I'm really starting to think that the Woot rejectors DON'T reject his stuff because they enjoy the drama around it, which is just wrong and unfair to everyone else.

Enjoy wearing your poorly drawn version of a shirt you can buy at Hot Topic.

VOTE FOR DEREK !!!

Nightmare on Wall Street

beetlequeen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beetlequeen

Bouncy bouncy bounce.

Congrats!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
SamoaJoe wrote:
I'm really starting to think that the Woot rejectors DON'T reject his stuff because they enjoy the drama around it, which is just wrong and unfair to everyone else.

Most of the drama comes from you. So this is circuitous logic.

Second, show me a link of a Hot Topic shirt that looks like this.

Otherwise, thanks and have a fantastic day.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
SamoaJoe wrote:This shirt winning first sets a brand new standard for Cho pandering. To say this is a creative shirt is ridiculous, and to say it's a parody is equally.

2000 people didn't care about the drama - most of them probably have no idea that it exists. And if it weren't for people like you, there would probably be no drama, and cho would probably only get 2/3 of the votes he gets.

Go back to guarding your bridge, Samoa Troll.

saa77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saa77

In for 1! no second thoughts with this one. I've played just about every game on here and brings back some good memories. If you're not a gamer that remembers these games i can see why you wouldn't like it.

I do admit some of the letters could have had better choices such as M (MM was blue right?) which should definitely have been metroid . i thought it was master blaster for a second. As well as V ( the guy reminds me more of Kung Fu), but V is a hard one and can be forgiven.

beetlequeen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beetlequeen

Sell out! Nice!

nohopE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nohopE

ah, i'm too late.. =[

jsclark55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsclark55

Is there going to be an opportunity to buy these again at some point? I just missed out and I would really like to get one of these.....

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

sweet design glad i grabbed one last night

009 Big ol' Cornucopia
untold billions of dollars on other carp

rgoff31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rgoff31

I grabbed one last night before bedtime. I'm not completely in love with it, but I felt like I needed to get it anyway. I am such a woot addict.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
jsclark55 wrote:Is there going to be an opportunity to buy these again at some point? I just missed out and I would really like to get one of these.....

Starting midnight tonight, it will be available again, but for $15. It will be sold at that price as long as it stays in the top 20 of shirts sold on woot. Here's the link to use:
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5580

GGWilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GGWilliams

People need to go to work today and stop buying these before I get a chance to look! Cool shirt.

jsclark55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsclark55
mjc613 wrote:Starting midnight tonight, it will be available again, but for $15. It will be sold at that price as long as it stays in the top 20 of shirts sold on woot. Here's the link to use:
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5580

Thanks man. That is what I was looking for. $15 for that shirt is still pretty reasonable.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

congrats on the sellout, cho!

how do you keep coming up with these grate ideas?

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir

A is for Asphalt. Again.

I'm so glad I didn't buy this last night. I nearly did but it reminds me of little videogame icons from clipart sites. I know it isn't but it sure could pass. Maybe for the next derby we could go back to the ban on both asphalt and videogames? The gaming art is starting to be as tired as ninjas and pirates.

Congrats on the win.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

Cho should just wipe his bum with a shirt...apparently people will buy anything that comes from that man.