wongwahfung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wongwahfung

In for one for the girl, she be loving her grilled cheese & this shirt fits her too well.

404 Heart Not Found, Snowman, The Frankensteins, Random Shirt (I forget), Random Shirt (Know When to Fold, Complex Simplicity, KTHNXBAI!!!1), Grilled Cheese, Mister Boboz: Masonic Dyna-Monkey, Fat Unicorn, Love of Money, Random Shirt (RAAAARR!, BFF, & Thumb Wars), Walking Through The Forest, Fast Food, Just Because…, Loves Me/Loves Me Not, Paradisaea, Alice Painting Caterpillar, CMYK of the Dead, It Might Have Been A Giant, KTHXBYE07, Xmas Is Ribs
26x Woots | 1x Wine.Woots

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
Webfoot08 wrote:People, please.

When you grill a sandwich in butter in a frying pan, and the heat is anywhere above "low", the butter turns brown. Okay? And if there's a lot of butter, it drips.

This microwave Hot Pockets generation doesn't know from anything.

eeeeeewwwwww.... that's too much butter.

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed
zetec wrote:As a grilled cheese addict, I'm totally in for this woot. I also thought I'd share some grilled cheese tips:

- Always use shredded cheese. I prefer a blend of two different cheeses.
- Use butter liberally on the toast. Or a healthier alternative. Your choice, just use a lot.
- Garlic Salt. Period. No exceptions. Just a nice pinch or two sprinkled on the cheese before the second slice of toast is applied.
- Crushed Red Peppers. Obviously not for everyone, but just the tiniest pinch can add a subtle kick to your sandwich that sneaks up slowly behind the garlic salt.
- Your toast should be at least half an 3/4 an inch thick. Any thinner, and your sandwich will not only fall apart, it'll be more likely to burn and you lose out on some flavor.

Many people also enjoy Mayo on their grilled cheese. Not my preference, but many people swear by it, thought I should throw that out there. Happy grilling!

PS: Stay away from those Kraft Singles. Shame on you.

I can't wait to try one with some garlic salt. I wish I could stay Satellite of Love from work and just make grilled cheese sandwiches. Yeah, I got a shirt.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
TAYLORT5 wrote:josephus I hope you were joking, Minnesota is the state that shows up lighter. and utah & washington are the most buys.

Actually, right at first, it was pretty much California and Wisconsin that were the only states buying. That's long changed, though. Utah seems to need grilled cheese the most. who knew?
and nada from Alabama. I'd guess grilled cheese is too healthy for their diets. ;^)

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
JadenKale wrote:Not all of us on woot are strictly Hot Pocket fans... In fact, I recently cooked french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches in the last 2 wks.

In the same meal??? :-)

Webfoot08

Josephus wrote:Actually, right at first, it was pretty much California and Wisconsin that were the only states buying. That's long changed, though. Utah seems to need grilled cheese the most. who knew?
and nada from Alabama. I'd guess grilled cheese is too healthy for their diets. ;^)

Haaa, love this. When I heard that our Southern bros and sis's eat deep-fried Mars bars, that did it for me. If I ever go south of the Mason-Dixon line, I'm packing along survival food. Maybe even a grilled cheese sandwich with lots o' butta.

jjkenobi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjkenobi

Well, the artist actually made a grilled cheese sandwich look gross, and then put it on a shirt.

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
AdderXYU wrote:Grilled cheese makes a delicious snack.

Clearly it makes a hideous shirt.

I find it amazing, saddening, and a little nauseating that people seem to be buying and considering this shirt because they like grilled cheeses without taking into account that it is an insipid piece of art that doesn't fit the medium at all.

I'm not sure if it was your intention, but that statement made you come off as a tad bit elitist.

People have different tastes. Just because you love something doesn't automatically make it a well thought out peice of art. On the same hand, just because you dislike something doesn't make it terrible. Not everyone's going to agree with you all the time. You make it sound as if your opinion is better than everyone elses.

Anyways, I personally do not like the shirt. During the summer months I try not to buy black shirts, plus the design just doesn't do much for me ...

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

mmmm i love grilled cheese.

Tolana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tolana

Okay now I'm hungry.

I looove grilled cheese. In addition to the other suggestions here, I'd say try adding a few real bacon pieces on the melting cheese. Yum! Unless you're having it with a bowl of tomato soup. Then classic grilled cheese is the way to go.

Unfortunately, this design just doesn't capture the warm and yummy grilled cheese experience for me. I think it's a grilled cheese gone bad -- the center of the bread is toasted, but the outer part by the crust isn't!

nickpost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickpost

First shirt I've bought. I have no idea why this gets me. It's like a Firebird symbol.

wootsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsauce

I love grilled cheese sandwiches, but not on a shirt. And a black shirt too...

Pass.

Spotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spotnik
zetec wrote:As a grilled cheese addict, I'm totally in for this woot. I also thought I'd share some grilled cheese tips:

- Use butter liberally on the toast. Or a healthier alternative. Your choice, just use a lot.
- Garlic Salt. Period. No exceptions. Just a nice pinch or two sprinkled on the cheese before the second slice of toast is applied.
- Crushed Red Peppers. Obviously not for everyone, but just the tiniest pinch can add a subtle kick to your sandwich that sneaks up slowly behind the garlic salt.
- Your toast should be at least half an 3/4 an inch thick. Any thinner, and your sandwich will not only fall apart, it'll be more likely to burn and you lose out on some flavor.

Many people also enjoy Mayo on their grilled cheese. Not my preference, but many people swear by it, thought I should throw that out there. Happy grilling!

Mustard. One must have mustard on a grilled cheese. And I like to use super sharp cheddar. On wheat bread. Mmmmm.

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi

You have much wisdom zetec.

Many, many moons ago my babysitter taught us kids to dip grilled cheese sammiches in a glob of ketchup. Mmmmmmmm. I learned many things from her. One of the tidbits I learned was that peanut butter and jelly sammiches dipped in ketchup is NASTY. Sadly, I found this little pearl of wisdom out for myself.

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
Webfoot08 wrote:People, please.

When you grill a sandwich in butter in a frying pan, and the heat is anywhere above "low", the butter turns brown. Okay? And if there's a lot of butter, it drips.

This microwave Hot Pockets generation doesn't know from anything.

[in a soft, jim gaffigan voice].... hoooottt pocket

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

mnj7333

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mnj7333

i dont know about the rest of my fellow wooters... but that looks like a puke sandwhich...
if my grill cheese sandwhich was that drippy, i would have to take it to the doctor for a shot of penicillin.

Nothing is finer than an ice cold Shiner!

marvinsskeleton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marvinsskeleton

I had to pick one up for my daughter. She's 7 and LOVES grilled cheese. This shirt was just perfect for her.

It also works out well because I just bought the Extinct shirt yesterday for my 5 year old son. No one will feel left out.

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
TAYLORT5 wrote:Black pepper works just as well.

i suddenly want to try some fresh peppercorn... anyone have any thoughts or experiences?

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

wstewartiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wstewartiii

I don't know what kind of sick grilled cheese you guys eat, but I'm glad I have never had one with brown butter...

davidoshea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidoshea
AdderXYU wrote:Grilled cheese makes a delicious snack.

Clearly it makes a hideous shirt.

I find it amazing, saddening, and a little nauseating that people seem to be buying and considering this shirt because they like grilled cheeses without taking into account that it is an insipid piece of art that doesn't fit the medium at all.

Wait - The grilled cheese is "insipid", but this is somehow acceptable as "shirt art?"

Wow. I wish I was your therapist.

Probations:
5x Be nice to your fellow Wooters. (5h)
2x Woot being subjective dolts

Oldyeller89

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Oldyeller89

looks more like some mutated alien than a grilled cheese.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s:
4/1/10: 2.5 lbs---2/25/10: 5.6 lbs
12/25/09: 22.4 lbs---10/28/09: 5.4 lbs
9/25/09: 8.2 lbs---4/1/09: 3.2 lbs
9/22/10: 18.4 lbs---12/1/10: 2.1 lbs

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka

Does this shirt really look as disgusting as I think? Is it just me?

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

it also vaguely reminds me of the triforce.. and not in a good way.

jslacson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslacson

i dunno...black shirt + summer = pass.

not to mention i'm not too fond of the whole melty grilled cheese on a shirt thing.

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

How about making a shirt out of the Who's Buying map? And then make a shirt out of the Who's Buying Map for the sales of that Who's Buying map shirt? Then we'll find out who's behind all of this. I think it's the lizard people, but their retirement plan vacuums.

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67
JadenKale wrote: Just a question, if you like my designs, why didn't you ever get a Nessie shirt? (checkin' out your sig, I don't happen to see one, so I was curious)

I actually love the Nessie shirt. But if I bought every shirt I liked on woot, I'd be broke. But the next one I see of yours up here, I'm buying. Hows that?

dancingnancie427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingnancie427
flipmeister wrote:[in a soft, jim gaffigan voice].... hoooottt pocket

HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT GUY!!

Srsly. Go to Ye Olde Video Posting Site (*ahem*) and search "hot pockets jim gaffigan". Prepare to wet yourself. SO FUNNY.

My grilled cheese has to be with mayo on the outside. Just TRY it people, it's delicious. Ketchup FTW!

Kraft singles are acceptable ONLY when tomato-soup dunking is involved.

Why do you suspect so many Oregonians are wooting? Could it be because of the Tillamook cheese factory there?

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
flipmeister wrote:[in a soft, jim gaffigan voice].... hoooottt pocket

Dead Pockets!

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
sandbar67 wrote:can anyone spot the Virgin Mary?? awesome design, in for two.

looks more like Michelle Pfeiffer to me.

Prezkot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Prezkot

Gaffigan is my God. (oh he's going to hell)

What should we run in Mexico?

Uhm... uhm... Caliente Pocket?

Jesus was a carpenter, but was he a good carpenter? The Bible never addresses this.

"Yeah that Jesus built a shed for my cousin, what a piece of carp."

"I'm the son of God!"

"That may be so, but right now you're building a shed. So hop to it Je`sus."

Woot.Shirt.Purchases:
+ Lime In The Coconut
+ 2 Random Shirts (Five Bucks Coffee, Cassette Taps)
+ Gettysburg Address

antifolkhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antifolkhero

Never liked grilled cheesed. If this were cosmic Mac I'd probably be closer to salivating, though I can't think of the last time I described a t-shirt as delicious.

ghouck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghouck

Neat idea, but I'm not going in only due to the fact that it doesn't look that much like a grilled cheese sandwich. On a shirt like this, it should be 100% obvious what it is, even from a bit of a distance. Shirts shouldn't need to be explained, especially abstract ones. . .

ghouck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghouck
wstewartiii wrote:I don't know what kind of sick grilled cheese you guys eat, but I'm glad I have never had one with brown butter...

I gotta agree (And I think I'm the only person on the planet that does NOT put butter on their grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing but bread and cheese for me!)

mdwarren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdwarren

i think being slightly hotter than your friends in white t-shirts is a small price to pay for such a wonderful design. grilled cheese is edible art and now we get to wear it!!!!!!!!!!

briarpuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briarpuck

[This shirt tells the world: “This is why I ordered this shirt in 2XL.”]

Actually, this shirt tells the world why I ordered it in 3XL... :o)

tohru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tohru

It ain't no Mr.Toast. Maybe if it had a face and cheese was oozing from the sides. Maybe a halo. It needs to look more like a real grilled cheese sandwich with freeflowing cheese. Looks like psychadellic grilled cheese. Too symmetrical. Just doesn't look like food.

joshkarpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshkarpf

I will both eat it and wear it.

Webfoot08

Don't be stingy with the butter. It makes you look like an old Scrooge.

Webfoot08

ghouck wrote:I gotta agree (And I think I'm the only person on the planet that does NOT put butter on their grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing but bread and cheese for me!)

How do you grill it without it sticking to the pan? Do you hold it over the burner with a pair of tongs?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jledmond wrote:Ummm this makes me hungry but I don't think I would want to wear it.

Same here.

And I resent this remark:

This shirt tells the world: “This is why I ordered this shirt in 2XL.”

:p :p :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"