JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Webfoot08 wrote:In the same meal??? :-)


good lord no... I don't want my arteries to clog just looking at it.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
flipmeister wrote:[in a soft, jim gaffigan voice].... hoooottt pocket



O M F G I watched that the other day!!! My roommate and I were laughing our butts off!

'Lean Pockets should just go straight to the toilet..."

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
sandbar67 wrote:I actually love the Nessie shirt. But if I bought every shirt I liked on woot, I'd be broke. But the next one I see of yours up here, I'm buying. Hows that?



ROFL Deal

jeannette84xx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannette84xx

gooey

manlac9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlac9

Looking at this guy's artisitry on his site, one wonders why this is what woot decided to print. I'm not into this shirt at all.


8 s.w, 2 so.w, 0 w.w, 12 *.w (Just need a few more to be better than you...)

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

Very intriguing. I'm not that excited about the subject matter but I like the execution. The dot-gradient treatment is unusual. I like it but won't buy it. I hope to see more from this designer.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

thebabyhuey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebabyhuey

I am thinking this has to be inspired by X-Com: UFO Defense... Looks a lot like the disc aliens...

Mmm... X-Com... old school 386 gaming...

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
flipmeister wrote:i suddenly want to try some fresh peppercorn... anyone have any thoughts or experiences?



Oh yeah, I've done the peppercorn grilled cheese. Delicious!

Carpe shirtem!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
davidoshea wrote:Wait - The grilled cheese is "insipid", but this is somehow acceptable as "shirt art?"



Wow. I wish I was your therapist.



I assume that's one of Adder's old submissions? I don't think he's ever claimed to be a brilliant artist, but you don't need to be a great designer to critique. I think Adder's proven himself to have a rather keen eye, though of course in the end it all comes down to personal taste.

Especially with this shirt. ZING. ;)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
sandbar67 wrote:can anyone spot the Virgin Mary?? awesome design, in for two.

I see "carrie"


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
davidoshea wrote:Wait - The grilled cheese is "insipid", but this is somehow acceptable as "shirt art?"



Wow. I wish I was your therapist.



You presume I need therapy.

As the resident babbler stated, I've never claimed to be a brilliant artist, but I do think I have a much better concept of what would look good on a shirt than most. The design you've pulled into question, for example, fits the shirt more organically than the grilled cheese one does... this design is way too symmetric and sharp... the clean solid line down the center leaves a path down the middle of the image that looks completely wrong. There's no topic matter here, either... while the entry you've pulled up had a visible concept to it, this is just a grilled cheese. It looks like a midterm project for an intro to graphic design class, not a shirt. For all my faults (and if you cared to look through the blog, you'd see that I do acknowledge them), i always try to put something out with a concept, some unique element, or at least something to draw the eye in. I don't feel this shirt has anything except being a grilled cheese.

Now, I don't particularly care why you don't like my entry, but I would like to know what makes this sandwich thingie a good shirt. Not a good design. A good shirt.

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader

WHY must these shirts have the graphics so high up on the shirt?! There are so many brilliant designs that are rendered completely useless by their placement on the shirt. Can't someone teach these great artists something about spacial relations?! I would have bought like a million of these shirts if the grilled cheese wouldn't be rubbing against my chin when I wear it! Sheesh!

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
sandbar67 wrote:can anyone spot the Virgin Mary?? awesome design, in for two.



I see Mary, but I can assure you she ain't no virgin...eeeeyeahhhhh! :-P

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

shimey013


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

You know how there are some shirt that you love but you wont buy?? This is one of those shirts...The shirt is amazing does remind me of an old zombie movie, but then on the other end i dont think i'd wear it..im picky on T-shirts I wear..I love button up shirts more...Anyway, Nice shirt and maybe i'll get it later..just not today

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

emoemocat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emoemocat
theelph wrote:it would be cool if, from far away, it didn't look like two arrows pointing out to each boob.



HAHAH! yes.

naterobnana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana

My 12 year old grandson has expressed an interest in cooking. He just loves making grilled cheese, as well as many other beginner items. This is perfect for an aspiring young chef.

jvernoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvernoy

Kind of makes me nauseas. I think a grilled cheese such as that one would definitely give my stomach the gurgley gut.

pineconebryce


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pineconebryce

Ugh, no... reminds me of the "what's the best thing about sex with your grandma" joke.


(ever pulled apart a grilled cheese sandwich?)

crocofish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocofish
nickpost wrote:First shirt I've bought. I have no idea why this gets me. It's like a Firebird symbol.


Same here, first Woot shirt purchase. It spoke to me. It said "I'm gooey. I'm high contrast. Buy me."

davidoshea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidoshea
AdderXYU wrote:You presume I need therapy.

As the resident babbler stated, I've never claimed to be a brilliant artist, but I do think I have a much better concept of what would look good on a shirt than most. The design you've pulled into question, for example, fits the shirt more organically than the grilled cheese one does... this design is way too symmetric and sharp... the clean solid line down the center leaves a path down the middle of the image that looks completely wrong. There's no topic matter here, either... while the entry you've pulled up had a visible concept to it, this is just a grilled cheese. It looks like a midterm project for an intro to graphic design class, not a shirt. For all my faults (and if you cared to look through the blog, you'd see that I do acknowledge them), i always try to put something out with a concept, some unique element, or at least something to draw the eye in. I don't feel this shirt has anything except being a grilled cheese.

Now, I don't particularly care why you don't like my entry, but I would like to know what makes this sandwich thingie a good shirt. Not a good design. A good shirt.



The grilled cheese is a symbol of the simple, uncomplicated joys of living in this country. Grilled cheese is comforting, it is welcoming. The very essence of grilled cheese fills your body with energy.

Nobody hates grilled cheese. Grilled cheese doesn't hate anybody, it just sits there. All golden and melty.

Feeling crappy? Let me make you a grilled cheese and some soup.

Down on your luck? Grilled cheese sandwich is the cheapest thing on the menu.

That's what I meant.

(We all need therapy.) ; )

Probations:
5x Be nice to your fellow Wooters. (5h)
2x Woot being subjective dolts

realbigkahuna


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbigkahuna

real big kahuna say somebody really big cut the cheese.

ghouck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghouck
Webfoot08 wrote:How do you grill it without it sticking to the pan? Do you hold it over the burner with a pair of tongs?



No, I just use a non-stick pan, and SMASH it with the spatula to make it cook. Those grilled sandwich makers work EXCELLENT for grilled cheese, and the way they 'seal' the sandwich around the edges works well for keeping the salsa in

naterobnana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana
davidoshea wrote:The grilled cheese is a symbol of the simple, uncomplicated joys of living in this country. Grilled cheese is comforting, it is welcoming. The very essence of grilled cheese fills your body with energy.

Nobody hates grilled cheese. Grilled cheese doesn't hate anybody, it just sits there. All golden and melty.

Feeling crappy? Let me make you a grilled cheese and some soup.

Down on your luck? Grilled cheese sandwich is the cheapest thing on the menu.

That's what I meant.

(We all need therapy.) ; )



naterobnana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana
davidoshea wrote:The grilled cheese is a symbol of the simple, uncomplicated joys of living in this country. Grilled cheese is comforting, it is welcoming. The very essence of grilled cheese fills your body with energy.

Nobody hates grilled cheese. Grilled cheese doesn't hate anybody, it just sits there. All golden and melty.

Feeling crappy? Let me make you a grilled cheese and some soup.

Down on your luck? Grilled cheese sandwich is the cheapest thing on the menu.

That's what I meant.

(We all need therapy.) ; )



Back in the day............no meat on Friday...........grilled cheese & tiomato soup..
memories.

iifeisgoodii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iifeisgoodii

hmm...not sure about that cheese

MKugs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

Sorry but no love for this shirt. Seriously, can we get some halfway respectable designs? I'm looking forward to the "Revolution" derby shirts.

smilyred


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilyred

this shirt in 6xl yum

23 woots (5 sellout)(4 woot) (14 shirts)
money glady blown $byebyemoney
and yes i own a brown refurbed zune and love it

nyy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyy

I'd buy it if it looked more like grilled cheese. From a distance it looks like an alien or something.

jgirdner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgirdner

Its one of my favorite foods , on one of my favorite colored shirts.

But as I am a 3x...I think food on a shirt is really something I should avoid. Enough of it gets on them throughout the day as is!

crocofish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocofish

Wow, got my shirt already on Saturday with standard shipping. It was my first shirt purchase. The shirt was on sale on Thursday. It helps that I live only a few miles south from Woot headquarters.

The quality is pretty decent and the print quality is good. Although with this symmetric design, it appears that it was printed a little off-center.

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

Can anyone post a pic? I'm still undecided and I only have 2 hours to get it.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

BlazinApes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlazinApes

If this shirt was still available i'd buy it. Any chances it might make it to another site?

corpsethree


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corpsethree

bought this shirt when it was first out, moved twice since then and it's been lost in the move Really really really really miss this shirt