mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Sexy Never Left

This is NOT a sexy font.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Century of Futility

1908. A hundred years ago. Last time Cubbies won a world series. This shirt is in Century Gothic Bold, and 5-point lettering. I am assuming that a sports team cannot copyright a free font...

mjc613

Re: I Blame Cho

Woot related shirts are not permitted.

mjc613

Re: ...

Couldn't you just do this with a shirt marker and an undershirt?

mjc613

Re: Be Honest With Yourself. Don't Blame the Dog

This shirt would look better on red! Seriously, black shirts don't do as well in the summer. It may be cooler where you live right now, but you need to think about the upcoming weeks.

Also, this is more than one sentence, which is against this week's rules. You should consider resubmiting this with a dash or a semi-colon between "yourself" and "don't".

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
haxrox wrote:I posted the idea in the forum first for the specific purpose of seeing if it was offensive. A color blind person assured me it was humorous, a statement backed by two other color blind commentators. You will be more persuasive without cutting remarks like "you people".

Just because a disability is hidden doesn't make it OK to make fun of it. asking whether it's OK in a designer's forum is hardly going to get you a clear consensus as to whether it truly is OK. anyone who truly was affected by it could well be unwilling to say so in a forum such as that. If one were to wear this to work, you are pretty effectively setting your company and yourself up for a 'hostile work environment' lawsuit. like woot said in the first rejection, it's mean. it's ugly. I'd have said so if I'd seen it before.

mjc613

Re: GTFO n00bs

THis is against one of woot's rules.

talbotini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talbotini

This shirt is pleasantly upbeat.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

Am I missing an obscure cultural reference here? Or did you misspell the word stole?

talbotini

Re: Doppler Blueshift

Yeah, the font doesn't go with this concept. It is very clever though. You'd get my vote with a better font choice. I don't think you should add anything representative, just stick with simple text. The problem is this text gives a feeling of old parchment or something, which doesn't make sense with a physics reference.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Users Cause Bugs

Thanks for the comments everyone. As a programmer who deals with users on a regular basis, this shirt would be incredibly handy for myself, as well. I cannot tell you the number of "bug reports" that I have gotten that have had WAY more to do with the user not knowing how to use the program than the program having any issues whatsoever. And, quite frankly, if they would just use the program the way I would do, the "actual bugs" wouldn't ever crop up, so it is all their fault in any case.

Thanks for the votes and the fog. I hope it can hold out so we can all let users know it's their fault without having to say it.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
DirtiusMaximus wrote:Holy cow! Someone did some real digging. I looked everywhere I could think of before making this one and I couldn't find it on a shirt anywhere!

Ah, well. I guess it's up to the duct tape (unless that one's been done too *crosses fingers*).

*shrugs* Actually, if you search for "salad is what food eats" at both cafepress and zazzle there are shirts listed. I'm not exactly sure where you looked.

pennylaned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylaned
Re: emo kids don't understand me

me neither!!!!

talbotini

sentnl wrote:What? This saying applies directly to real races. A steady pace wins out on someone that exerts all their energy quickly.

Or, whoever has enough energy to begin with to last though the whole race at full speed will beat them both. Name one "Racer" in any form who you would describe as "slow and steady"

funnydoug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnydoug
Re: Me, Version 0.76b

Hi folks. Just wanted to post my design here in case anyone hadn't seen it yet. If you like it, please vote. Thx.

wallacenorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallacenorth

nice. i'm one

gtonfire05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtonfire05

sorry

stareatthesun2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stareatthesun2
Re: myspace me

wow thats pleasantly upbeat

gtonfire05

Sorry i had no bad intentions i didnt know that if i put it in this forum that i would put it on ur page sorry

mikethecoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikethecoder
Re: Bread Is Awesome

If you love bread, you'd better support it and throw in a vote! When printed the little toast slices will show better. And for anyone having trouble seeing, the lower words are written in carrots... nature's poison.

Please vote... thanks everyone!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sit on it!

TheArtRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheArtRobot

Thanks SydneyB, I wanted to put some peace doves on the design to make it more of a parody of the fcnl posters, but there's a no graphic elements rule for this derby.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: MWOD IS THE NEW UP

Some day I will learn how to type, and better yet, proofread! It is entitled:

NWOD IS THE NEW UP

jimfrog67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimfrog67
Re: That Reminds Me...

Holy bottom-feeding carp you just made me spit milk out of my nose! (Well, metaphorically speaking.) Gawd I hope this one wins instead of one of those dumb-butt video-game or computer programmer ones. (Uh, no offense to the video-game/computer programmer shirt fans out there...)

jimfrog67

Re: Protagonist

Oh, dear, I can think of several people I could really piss off by giving them this shirt...

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
Re: Shiny guy always worries

Come on. This is an obvious reference to C-3PO.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Kiss Me! I’m Conveniently Nearby

Kiss Me! I’m Conveniently Nearby

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
Re: No Problems

This shirt goes great over ice.

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: if you can read this...

WOOOOO!@!!!!!@!@!@!@!!

Jigsaw13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jigsaw13
Re: Recursion is fun because recursion is fun

I think I like the eternity repetition one better:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=15509

jimfrog67

Re: LOOKING GOOD

Got my vote for cleverness!

gtonfire05

Like diddy said VOTE or Die!

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: I'm cool

You are = "You're", not "your".

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Re: Users Cause Bugs

I am stoked that our geeky shirts are doing so well! Good luck!

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Re: Eternity Can Last For Eternity...

Hee hee, I like it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Thor is my Co-Pilot

I also like thor. he's lightningtastic

Breize

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Breize
Re: Silly Shirt, Words Are For Books

This is by far the best shirt of the derby! Come on little guy, go go go!

snassiri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snassiri
Re: Go Green or DIE!

There's two meanings here: We are faced with environmental consequences if we don't go "green" which could have a devastating or potentially fatal impact if things don't change.

Then there are also the treehugging extremists who seem to abhor humanity and resent not being born a plant.

Hopefully, this shirt strikes a nice humorous balance that is thought-provoking, yet not condemning

scuzzmaster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scuzzmaster11

Kind of describes me

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Bros before Hoes

nice use of two colours.