LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: Pages of sages

This accidentally double posted, how do I remove this one, as the other one has the votes?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Forget cowbell, need more CANCAN!

aw, aren't there more cancan fans out there?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Josephus wrote:Just because a disability is hidden doesn't make it OK to make fun of it. asking whether it's OK in a designer's forum is hardly going to get you a clear consensus as to whether it truly is OK. anyone who truly was affected by it could well be unwilling to say so...

Well spoken; as I said before, my intent is not to offend. I thought I did my research, but Woot seems to agree with you that this is mean. Nonetheless, I'd like to use this idea in a way that is completely benign, if possible.

Raikus, many thanks for your support and candor.

On another note, how is this phraseology not a slogan?! There's a shirt up there that says "If this shirt looks blue, you're coming at me too fast" Same principle, rejectors. If you're just against this color blind idea in general, please let me know in plain English.

Hopefully this last version fits the bill:
Color Blindness FTW!!

LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: Let's End Sacrasm

posted another version, but personally I like this one better

toochaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toochaos
awesomepossum wrote:Love this!! GMV

that is not teh possible

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
snakeweber wrote:Ah, I see, I was not aware that scaling issues were not addressable. If that is the case, what is the size that is represented by the template? A men's medium?

Yep, men's medium.

Woot uses two print sizes, with women's small through men's small sharing one print size, and men's medium through 3xl sharing another size. This means it may appear somewhat smaller on the huge shirts, just due to all the extra fabric involved, but for the most part the design entry shows exactly what Woot will be trying to replicate if/when they print.

The reason Woot typically doesn't allow changes to shirts once they have been voted on is because it is unfair to all the voters who voted believing they'd get exactly what they saw. (Shirt color has been changed a couple of times, but I believe that is usually due to Woot's inventories and not any request by the artists involved.)

AttilaTheMom

Re: I speak assembler

well, what language would YOU use to talk to robots? I just like the really cool robot font (free to use of course), in a pretty purple on white.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
talbotini wrote:Or, whoever has enough energy to begin with to last though the whole race at full speed will beat them both. Name one "Racer" in any form who you would describe as "slow and steady"

Long distance runners...

snakeweber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakeweber
geekfactor12 wrote:Yep, men's medium.

Woot uses two print sizes, with women's small through men's small sharing one print size, and men's medium through 3xl sharing another size. This means it may appear somewhat smaller on the huge shirts, just due to all the extra fabric involved, but for the most part the design entry shows exactly what Woot will be trying to replicate if/when they print.

The reason Woot typically doesn't allow changes to shirts once they have been voted on is because it is unfair to all the voters who voted believing they'd get exactly what they saw. (Shirt color has been changed a couple of times, but I believe that is usually due to Woot's inventories and not any request by the artists involved.)

I see, I appreciate the information, thanks!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: I speak assembler

great font! it looks good on white, too

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

AttilaTheMom

mia3mom wrote:nice twist of phrase, attila!

I'll bring the blender.

now all we need is salt, ice, and some glasses....
who organized this party anyway?

mia3mom

Re: This conversation is spiraling out of control,dude

this happens to me far too often. cool spiraling, and I like the color choices, too

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning
seasonhughes wrote:Thanks, dsgnGrl, for the feedback-- I appreciate it. Especially as a brand-new woot! user and a first-time submitter, I am grateful to you for making me feel welcome. You, dsgnGrl, truly uphold the pioneering, encouraging spirit that woot! embodies and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me the proper attitude for interacting with my brand-new woot! compatriots. I can only hope all woot! users are as beneficent and generous as you with their comments; if so, I eagerly anticipate my first posting on the forums and- joy of joys!- entering a second Derby. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!

As I spend my unoriginal weekend out with my unoriginal friends participating in unoriginal activities, I will be thinking of you, dsgnGrl. Cheers! Oh... wait... that's been said before.

Over reaction much?

drhank420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drhank420
Re: nightstand buddhist

Most americans in their late teens to early twenties say they are not affiliated with a religion. Many in this age group can be refered to as “nightstand Buddhists.” They keep religious items on their nightstand, read different religious text because they like the messages, but do not practice the any particular religion.

I just love this phase, please vote if you find it interesting too. Thanks!

Hank

susanzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanzell
Re: Nothing White

It would be funnier without the explanation "My shirt says nothing." That's obvious.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
LoreHera wrote:Nyao. Will glomp for pocky. Warning wearer might glomp anyway! Wearer is likely too hyperactive for your own good. Even if you are the wearer.

Have you ever heard that old adage about "quality over quantity"?

I think once you use words like "glomp" you've long since left that idea in the dust.

bafudg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bafudg
Re: bow chicka Cow

You know this is funny. Sound it....bow chicka bow now.

bafudg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bafudg

Sound it out. Funny huh? Bow chicka bow now.

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning
Re: Adapt...Bend... Crush

mmm...papyrus.

Do all designers everywhere a favor and never use that font again.

terrydean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrydean

mia3mom

Re: Mmmm... Pi [v.2]

I really like this slogan!

however, red tends to make designs look wonky here. you might want to try a differeint shirt color.

jcsmilez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcsmilez
AquaticKnight wrote:this will get rejected, they said a few derbys ago no more Infinity symbols.

I believe the infinity symbols were previously rejected because they are considered "text" and those were no text derbies.

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
Re: Duct Tape

agreed

crayzass1

Re: Recursion is fun because recursion is fun

i could read this shirt for hours!

susanzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanzell
Re: Geeks Byte.

I like this a lot, but I hate wearing orange.

terrydean

Re: Ducks fly

wat
also, too many colors

snassiri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snassiri
talbotini wrote:Or, whoever has enough energy to begin with to last though the whole race at full speed will beat them both. Name one "Racer" in any form who you would describe as "slow and steady"

Go run a marathon and use all your energy at the outset and let me know if you win. Heck, let me know if you even finish the race period.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Plays Well With Otters

that's adorable! i SOOOOO want it!

crayzass1

snassiri wrote:Go run a marathon and use all your energy at the outset and let me know if you win. Heck, let me know if you even finish the race period.

She's going the distance...

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Now you've done it.

Okay, I'm gonna admit it this is the first shirt that got me to actually laugh out loud.

so far....

MOSMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MOSMaster
Re: Users Cause Bugs

OK so who's going to defend us users and make a shirt that says
Did you reboot the computer?
because as an excellent user I'm personally tired of hearing this from the IT department!

terrydean

Re: Go then, there are other shirts then these

i was pretty stoked for there being a gunslinger reference on one of these shirts (i actually even played with a design for this same quote myself)
however, the quote is actually 'than' and not 'then'.. not a huge fan of the font, either.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
MOSMaster wrote:OK so who's going to defend us users and make a shirt that says
Did you reboot the computer?
because as an excellent user I'm personally tired of hearing this from the IT department!

lol touche.

crayzass1

Re: Irony

this will win

terrydean

Re: Bros before Hoes

except there are three colors, pink white and black..

crayzass1

Re: Protagonist

and my wife is the antagonist

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Zeusandhera wrote:I am stoked that our geeky shirts are doing so well! Good luck!

As am I. Good luck to yours as well!

aliciamartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliciamartin
Re: I'm cool

And I'm guessing you might want a "there" in your phrase somewhere.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: Dude...Where's My Bacon?

For all the bacon lovers out there, this slogan is for you. The word Bacon is made out of my own font which uses real strips of greasy, delicious bacon to form the letters!

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: FUTILE

Comments, critiques, complaints, insults about my mother? ... I'd love to hear them.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.