tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: Gravity always gets me down.

For me it's rainy days and Mondays. And text only derbies.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Troisiemement wrote:That doesn't mean you can not vote for it, and yes it does become animated... i tested it.

You are only allowed to use 2 colors this week.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Troisiemement wrote:That doesn't mean you can not vote for it, and yes it does become animated... i tested it.

true, it having 3 colors in a 2 color-rule derby doesn't mean people can't vote for it.

it does mean that it should get rejected. It's not that hard to follow the rules that are outlined

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mia3mom wrote:true, it having 3 colors in a 2 color-rule derby doesn't mean people can't vote for it.

it does mean that it should get rejected. It's not that hard to follow the rules that are outlined

Woot can't even follow rules they've insisted exist hundreds of times. Don't expect newbies to be able to.

Troisiemement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Troisiemement
AdderXYU wrote:Woot can't even follow rules they've insisted exist hundreds of times. Don't expect newbies to be able to.

oh thats beautiful tulip of me, sorry mates. I should read the rules. Next time aye.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
mia3mom wrote:however, most people would take this as an insult against homeschooling. I homeschool my daughters, and they know more about popular culture than I do. Your lack of pop-culture knowledge is more likely to be due to traveling all the time.

The life experience of traveling around the world are significantly greater than any amount pop-culture, imho.

I'm sure you meant this as a joke, but there's enough anti-homeschooling propaganda out there as it is.

really? i homeschool my kids and the oldest is a dork.
no matter how many exra things he does to "socialize" he is a dork.
he likes being a dork and classifies himself as a nerd.
i would get this shirt llo

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

what's the point in voting if it would get rejected for violating the rules?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Gas Prices - What Goes Up

You know, the actual answer to that riddle is "age". Your age goes up but never comes down. Physical age, at least.

I'm certain I've seen this shirt already in the derby, or else existing elsewhere already. Is this a resub?

And no, I'm not thinking of the other gas prices shirt...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

dgsmallz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgsmallz
Re: Color Blindness FTW!!

Too bad the concept was shut down. I'm colorblind and thought the original shirt was fantastic.

illushin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illushin
eHalcyon wrote:You know, the actual answer to that riddle is "age". Your age goes up but never comes down. Physical age, at least.

I'm certain I've seen this shirt already in the derby, or else existing elsewhere already. Is this a resub?

And no, I'm not thinking of the other gas prices shirt...

Hmmm . . . it's not a resub, but I did not look for it on any other sites - if it's already been done I'll take it down.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
illushin wrote:Hmmm . . . it's not a resub, but I did not look for it on any other sites - if it's already been done I'll take it down.

I would guess he is referring to when you posted it in the main derby thread several days ago.

illushin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illushin
bluchez wrote:I would guess he is referring to when you posted it in the main derby thread several days ago.

Ah, I bet you're right. I ended up submitting the other shirt instead, but I think I mentioned that I was considering this one.

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
Hedgeclipper wrote:Well, technically you would OM NOM NOM food in your mouth, then it would go to your stomach, but you can't put that on your face. Oh well, I'd buy a shirt that said OM NOM NOM NOM just because I say it all the time when I'm eating

*giggles* me too- I am an OM NOM NOM addict

eHalcyon

illushin wrote:Ah, I bet you're right. I ended up submitting the other shirt instead, but I think I mentioned that I was considering this one.

Must have seen it in the thread then.

Rudy165

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rudy165

voters like ya'll are the reason "mine!" finished 4th in the greed derby.

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek
Re: What movie is that from?

Besides, being a movie line alone disqualifies it as not original.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
peppersabaddog wrote:best post in the whole thread.

oh and gecko you are acting like a shirt n00b, stop it.

i have been here from the beginning and watched shirt woot go from an adorable infant, to an out of control teenager and now it is proceeding into adulthood with the future looking ahead to "may i take your order please"

Woot, Joel, the rest of you Woot "gods" please note:
having no idea what you are doing is OK. letting the population at large know this is catastrophic. get it together and act like this isnt your first rodeo soon or you will become the laughing stock of shirt sites, you are approaching this status already.

Do I get a badge? Or a cookie? I like cookies. <3

AdderXYU

Rudy165 wrote:voters like ya'll are the reason "mine!" finished 4th in the greed derby.

Truth. Foolish voters let a good design that wasn't suited for a shirt get higher than it deserved, much as they've let three rejectable entries stay in the fog this week.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
AdderXYU wrote:Truth. Foolish voters let a good design that wasn't suited for a shirt get higher than it deserved, much as they've let three rejectable entries stay in the fog this week.

I agree. This derby was terrible in many many ways.

peppersagooddog

fablefire wrote:Do I get a badge? Or a cookie? I like cookies. <3

i would design you a cookie shirt, but that isnt my forte

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Born Loud

Congrats on the new son! (btw, all babies are born loud, llo). Welcome back.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

peppersagooddog

Rudy165 wrote:voters like ya'll are the reason "mine!" finished 4th in the greed derby.

oh you are one of us?
you arent the only one that felt ashamed of the voters when MINE! wasnt the first place shirt. it was a tragedy. not like some of the other non-winners, a real travesty.

eHalcyon

mjc613 wrote:Most US phone companies will just go immediately to the emergency unit as soon as it sees the 911, before you get to dial the next number, fyi.

Yeah, that's the joke. Not a very nice joke, of course.

A friend of mine did it. He doesn't have a cell phone but told another friend of ours that his phone number was 911-(something). When that second friend tried to phone him...

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Always A Pleasure.

By GravityJMB

There's a much better image. My first entry, of course I screwed something up. ;)

bafudg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bafudg
Re: bow chicka Cow

To be honest a friend of mine and I came up with this we had no idea. Whatever.

bafudg

Also , by the way the day that the shirt was submitted by that site was May 9th 2008 and we had already designed this a while back but like I said whatever. And if there was a copyright issue, guess what... no pictures so not the exact same shirt, no issue.

kristynk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristynk

what does this horrendous grammar even mean?!

Re: Ok Fine But Some of your base are belong to us

I most recently rock out in Lust Is Like A Flame, but am almost always seen wearing Jimmy...Is That You?. In addition, I am the proud member of 26 total shirt.woots.

jimbrady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimbrady

I posted to the wrong shirt

jimbrady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimbrady
Re: co-dependent on foreign oil

Green (grass) shirt = environment-friendly. Dependent on foreign oil is an overused catchphrase. The "co-" acknowledges the fact that foreign oil is also dependent on us.

eHalcyon

bafudg wrote:Also , by the way the day that the shirt was submitted by that site was May 9th 2008 and we had already designed this a while back but like I said whatever. And if there was a copyright issue, guess what... no pictures so not the exact same shirt, no issue.

1. There's no way to know if you actually designed it before that site, and even if you did, it doesn't matter because it's STILL on that other shirt. Woot wants something that hasn't been printed on a shirt before.

2. Even without pictures, the slogan is the same. The derby rules clearly forbid this - it's not just a matter of copyright - so there IS an issue. The shirt may not be the same, but the slogan is.

3. You didn't even use a shirt colour offered by woot. Even if everything else checked out, you would still have been rejected because woot doesn't have a bright yellow shirt. Closest is lemon, which is much lighter than the colour you used in your shirt comp.

rememberme2016

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rememberme2016
JadenKale wrote:It would have been 'pure awesome' had Wal-Mart not done this design. People are selling the shirt on ebay. The only reason I know it was originally sold at Wal-Mart is because I bought one myself (heavy shirt, I might add).

yeah but this design is more subtle. requires a bit more thought. and isn't that what we're all looking for out of a t-shirt slogan? to weed out the non-thinkers?

if I wasn't so intent on the programming slogans: "I'm in beta" + "users like you" = non-compatible operating system and slogans for my little brother: "my other Manos, the Hands of Fate smelled better" I'd guarantee financial support of this design. unfortunately, if I buy anything from this derby, it'll have to be out of generosity.

rememberme2016

Re: sesame street

shirt

bafudg

An issue I have noticed over the past few derbies is that although I do enjoy seeing what current shirts are at the top of the voting it seems people tend to vote more for the "new Hotness" just because it is right there in front of them. The issue occurs because they were voted on rapidly and then placed there and now a snowball effect occurs. I may be wrong but it seems if something hits the New Hotnest strip it tends to always be towards the top. It may be more fare not to have the New Hotness strip on the side because it seems that shirts are winning that not everyone honestly wants. This is shown in the fact that recently only the 1st place winner ever sells out as opposed to the 2nd occasionally selling out. I don't know, maybe I am wrong but what if this was changed maybe more fare voting would occur because it seems that the "New Hottnes" Side strip is free advertising for the off chance designs. Sorry for complaining.

rememberme2016

Re: Finding The Integral of Optimus Prime

I'm voting because I learned.
(c:

bafudg

eHalcyon wrote:1. There's no way to know if you actually designed it before that site, and even if you did, it doesn't matter because it's STILL on that other shirt. Woot wants something that hasn't been printed on a shirt before.

2. Even without pictures, the slogan is the same. The derby rules clearly forbid this - it's not just a matter of copyright - so there IS an issue. The shirt may not be the same, but the slogan is.

3. You didn't even use a shirt colour offered by woot. Even if everything else checked out, you would still have been rejected because woot doesn't have a bright yellow shirt. Closest is lemon, which is much lighter than the colour you used in your shirt comp.

Oh I fully understand the situation, I just thought it honest to defend an idea we had, and as the color being an issue. I liked the color and thought, hey that may be a cool color they may want to add. Plus you do say that if something wins then woot will try to find a color similar to the one used which would be the lemon color. Sorry to have bothered you with petty arguments.

Figit090

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Figit090
2thFairy wrote:you need to change your signature pic.

good idea. i had to many better things to do. sorry. fixed, thanks for the reminder!

kristynk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristynk

1337 speak?

Re: leetspeak is textual harassment llo

I most recently rock out in Lust Is Like A Flame, but am almost always seen wearing Jimmy...Is That You?. In addition, I am the proud member of 26 total shirt.woots.

AdderXYU

bafudg wrote:An issue I have noticed over the past few derbies is that although I do enjoy seeing what current shirts are at the top of the voting it seems people tend to vote more for the "new Hotness" just because it is right there in front of them. The issue occurs because they were voted on rapidly and then placed there and now a snowball effect occurs. I may be wrong but it seems if something hits the New Hotnest strip it tends to always be towards the top. It may be more fare not to have the New Hotness strip on the side because it seems that shirts are winning that not everyone honestly wants. This is shown in the fact that recently only the 1st place winner ever sells out as opposed to the 2nd occasionally selling out. I don't know, maybe I am wrong but what if this was changed maybe more fare voting would occur because it seems that the "New Hottnes" Side strip is free advertising for the off chance designs. Sorry for complaining.

That's the point.

If your shirt happens to get enough votes in three hours, it enters the hotness. It's free advertising for shirts that are getting votes, because otherwise only the fog would get the free advertising. It allows lesser designs to gain exposure instead of languishing in the middle ranks. The only real change they could make, to make it fairer, is to get rid of the fog shirts from the hotness

jksedlis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jksedlis
Re: all i got was this shirt

nice shirt. i'd definitely buy it.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
kristynk wrote:what does this horrendous grammar even mean?!

It's a take-off of All Your Base Are Belong To Us, definitely some poor grammar that came from an old video game, and has turned into one of those internet "things".