lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
bluchez wrote:Woot allows pretty much any change that is for the better of the shirt, within reason, of course. Many slight changes have been allowed, although the only one I remember off the top of my head was people saying the Canadian Periodic Table was fixed to not have elements repeating.

Think Alice or her gasmask got tweaked a bit, as well. Speaking of which, this makes my 2nd Cho shirt. Nice job, sorry I was doubting you, just been awhile since one appealed to me.

Catc1h22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catc1h22

super nice

L4m3r

quality posts: 11 Private Messages L4m3r

First shirt I've bought in months... since January I think (for myself, that is- not counting shirts purchased for the gf). Too funny... nice work.

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES.

edlada

quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada
HarryBeanbag wrote:I am so tempted to get this for my cousin. We always play Risk on holiday gatherings. I am 36 and we still play it like when we were ten. BTW - He who controls Australia usually wins.

Shirt is schweet! Ahh yes, the Australian gambit. Hide dowwn there and collect armies while the moroons slug it out and then break out aND KILL THEM ALL MUHWAHAHAHAHA.

oh, sorry, got a little carried away there....

My dogs like me, that is important.

detaer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages detaer

This shirt is missing george bush. If he was on there I would buy it.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
HarryBeanbag wrote:I am so tempted to get this for my cousin. We always play Risk on holiday gatherings. I am 36 and we still play it like when we were ten. BTW - He who controls Australia usually wins.

nope...i get Brazil and South America is mine pal.

Kamchatka yo

surflunesta

lunartan wrote:Think Alice or her gasmask got tweaked a bit, as well. Speaking of which, this makes my 2nd Cho shirt. Nice job, sorry I was doubting you, just been awhile since one appealed to me.

Awesome dude!!!!

surflunesta

detaer wrote:This shirt is missing george bush. If he was on there I would buy it.

ummm....no da...clueless...sigh

nesler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nesler

For those that are upset, look at it this way: All these bad or utterly misguided men (aside from Marx--I think he had good intentions, but was just too idealistic) are being depicted playing a board game. All their dreams of domination are reduced to a depiction of them guffawing over a board game. Sometimes the best response to something you hate is to laugh at it--hence the plethora of Looney Tunes and Disney cartoons that poked fun at Hitler and the Japanese.

intravenous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intravenous

effin' bought

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Finally.............................................A woot purchase!
No1 will have to carry the torch.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Congrats again Cho, I knew the moment I saw this shirt that I had no chance of winning this derby.

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus

Well done! My first shirt.woot purchase.

shortyarmstrong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortyarmstrong

I am so excited this won! I got one for my brother.

buu2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buu2

My 4th shirt.woot. My second cho purchase. All of them derby ones. Wow. Great shirt.

Spent a year in school study hall playing epic risk games with 6 people. Amazing memories.

rjmauels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjmauels

Cute, but not for me this time. I do find it interesting that Marx & Lenin have N. America. Represents our post-FDR era, I suppose.

GGWilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GGWilliams

I like the concept but will pass on this one. Too much splain'in to do with this one.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

rip-off of threadless.com's Communist Party

ugmeno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ugmeno
palookaboy wrote:rip-off of threadless.com's Communist Party

There's no board game at all in that one.

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11

I love the shirt.
All RISK game players should BUY this. I love the game.
Cho is famous here and will be famous nationwide someday. Every piece of Cho art that you can get your hands on today could be a collectors item in 2040!

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

Not a big fan of this at all ... don't like the color and don't like the design ... but congrats James.

rgoff31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rgoff31

In Soviet Union shirt wears you, and now me.

SHayes89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SHayes89

"This shirt is missing george bush. If he was on there I would buy it."

Oh come now. Be Reasonable.

Chris8907

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chris8907

In for one, epic shirt :D

Free yourself from yourself

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Does anyone know why STRIKE (from yesterday) isn't on the old shirts Reckoning page yet? I need to order a couple more and it's not posted yet.

rkyyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkyyz

Don't like the concept it features.

buddhadakini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buddhadakini

Yikes...talk about perpetuating a false image of Marx - I thought the Red Scare was over! I get the concept of the shirt, but Marx never argued for "ruling" the world, never had a direct stance on Politics, and only really addressed economic structures and inequality. He has no place in this shirt.

don't let the man get you down

ohsnaparoomba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohsnaparoomba
Biolink wrote:I think Marx is good on the shirt,since he created Communism,albeit it's a weird irony that most if not all of the Governments that went on to use Communism weren't even close to the Communism that Marx dreamed of,but were actually closer Totaltarianist/Dictatorships only under the guise of Communism.

Yeah. It's almost like there's something inherent in a state-dominated system that invites abuse, huh? Weird.

ohsnaparoomba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohsnaparoomba
buddhadakini wrote:Yikes...talk about perpetuating a false image of Marx - I thought the Red Scare was over! I get the concept of the shirt, but Marx never argued for "ruling" the world, never had a direct stance on Politics, and only really addressed economic structures and inequality. He has no place in this shirt.

I don't know, I think Adam Smith would have a place on a shirt full of arch capitalists. So Marx is fair game. And he did urge (or reason that it would happen) for revolutionary overthrows, so that is a practical political implication.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race
Made a bad move, lost this shirt? To buy it after today, click here!

stacory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacory

seems like everyone is arguing who was left off of the shirt, you should be arguing at the awefull colors on the shirt or the but ugly color of green that it is on.. there is way... to much brown and olive green here.

taikuodo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taikuodo

WOOT. In for one!

Adam2021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam2021

Hey, all it said was "order denied" is that because i chose a size that is unavailable?

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein
ohsnaparoomba wrote:I don't know, I think Adam Smith would have a place on a shirt full of arch capitalists. So Marx is fair game. And he did urge (or reason that it would happen) for revolutionary overthrows, so that is a practical political implication.

Hmm, I think you are stretching. Simply put, Except for Marx, the design depicts dictators, playing a board game similar to Go, which makes perfect sense, so Marx doesn't fit there. But, if you include Marx in there, then you are depicting what? Communists playing a board game similar to Go? And he's playing the board game because he wrote that the natural societal order would be for the proletariat to revolt and prevail against the Bourgeoisie? That doesn't seem to fit.

Marx' image is pretty well known to the public, so he was an easy insertion to make. I guess adding Stalin to the party would have begun to make this design a bit too similar to the *other* shirt.

Kadail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kadail

the design doesn't seem to fit well on the shirt... looks like a patch you would iron onto material... i dunno, thats the impression i get at least.

weirdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdal
detaer wrote:This shirt is missing george bush. If he was on there I would buy it.

Actually, no, that would make this shirt incredibly unfunny. It doesn't even make sense.

jkiehle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkiehle

my very first woot

As soon as I saw this shirt in the derby I knew it was a winner, and I knew I'd be getting a couple. The only surprise was that I had to wait until today to buy it!

realbigkahuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbigkahuna

real big kahuna ate a really big bean and chilli burrito last night, you know what that means.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
realbigkahuna wrote:real big kahuna ate a really big bean and chilli burrito last night, you know what that means.

penniless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penniless

Actually adding Lenin fits the main theme (revolution) of the derby better. He was the leader in the October Revolution. After his death, Stalin took over the Soviet Union. Because of the atrocious things he did while in power, Stalin is better known. Everyone should relax a little bit. The other ideas on this shirt are secondary themes.

CardinalGoldstein wrote:
Marx' image is pretty well known to the public, so he was an easy insertion to make. I guess adding Stalin to the party would have begun to make this design a bit too similar to the *other* shirt.