ThePhantasm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ThePhantasm

heh... am i the only one who sees the shocker in this shirt? pinky on the right side... heh.. yah.. i know someone else sees it... ...

• lotsa woots.. kinda lost track.. LOL

kaptinss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaptinss

I just wooted!

Browning81

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Browning81

oh snap, in

No advertising or referral linking allowed.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
derekfilley wrote:They say 3's a lucky number, and I have a couple goin' on today ;-)

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Congratulations Derek!

tim8604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tim8604

Well I've been checking shirt.woot off and on for a while and I'm proud to say I finally found something I'm willing to spend my money on. Being a Finance major, I pretty much had to buy this one.

gooberfishbowl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gooberfishbowl

Gas mask guy finally wins! Yaaaay!

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear

just not into the cut and paste look. Prefer something with a little bit of artistic talent.

Jigsaw13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jigsaw13

Congrats on the win Derek

Bumzors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bumzors
Knikola wrote:<3 Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who caught the title. Godspeed You! Black Emperor FTW.

gregorys90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorys90

i just wooted my pants

chromoly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chromoly

I don't get it. Who is John Galt? If no one tells me I guess I'll just shrug it off.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Grats Derek on 3rd

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
chromoly wrote:I don't get it. Who is John Galt? If no one tells me I guess I'll just shrug it off.

"Who is John Galt?" is the first line from the novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Spyder228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spyder228

This shirt seems really familiar. Was this a retooled previous derby submission? I just really remember seeing that gas mask guy on that same color shirt before......

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

I'm so happy this finally got printed. And I really, really love the changes. The orange sunburst and spray can are awesome.

Totally in for one.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear

Seriously....

chromoly wrote:I don't get it. Who is John Galt? If no one tells me I guess I'll just shrug it off.

"Who is John Galt?" is the first line from the novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Eat any good books lately?

lay785

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lay785

i dont know how to vote or anything but can you guys make a shirt with the woot logo in big on the front and back thanks. btw im sure it would sell just inform all the plain wooters about and it will fly......

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
lay785 wrote:i dont know how to vote or anything but can you guys make a shirt with the woot logo in big on the front and back thanks. btw im sure it would sell just inform all the plain wooters about and it will fly......

Uhm, one of the rules for derbies is "No Woot References!"

So, sorry... that's not gonna happen.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Spyder228 wrote:This shirt seems really familiar. Was this a retooled previous derby submission? I just really remember seeing that gas mask guy on that same color shirt before......

If you actually read the description on page tonite it says :"He’s submitted variations of this design to four different Derbies and it looks like the fourth time is the charm."

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar

owned by description.

chromoly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chromoly
tattooedbear wrote:Seriously....

Eat any good books lately?

Evidently my subtle and witty humor was high on the subtle and low on the witty. I thought the quote plus SHRUG it off was a good bit.

chichowduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chichowduckie

Looks nice but only because I know the explanation and theme to it. I prefer shirts that people can just be like, "Wow, nice shirt!" without haven't to know the story behind it.

I do give my congrats though; not like I could make a good shirt.

On another note, is there anyway of printing shirts that don't place in top 3? I rather like the scientific revolution one.

woot x 2 [monkey x1]
shirt.woot x 19
sellout.woot x 2

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

I was waiting for this shirt!

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

I am in for 2!

Utlkalot15

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Utlkalot15

Looks like Better than Ezra's "Before the Robots" Album Cover

kungpowbetty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungpowbetty
Bumzors wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one who caught the title. Godspeed You! Black Emperor FTW.

Thirded. Praying that they re-form and tour.

toochaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toochaos

HATRICK ( for me) i did like the scientific revolution one but this was my favorite of them all im happy happy happy now, esspecially as summer is here and i can show these off in all their glory !

oh and if derby 44 is chocolate cake you best retool this design for it !

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

this design is patronizing to yuppies and insulting to those who care about creating real change

Jalter3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jalter3

Been an official member of Shirt.Woot for 2 days and I have bought a shirt both days. Is this trend going to continue?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
derekfilley wrote:They say 3's a lucky number, and I have a couple goin' on today ;-)

Thanks to everyone who voted.

For those of you who'd like more insight into my thought process:

...It's definitely a revolt against 'the man'. The sort of 'get up on your chair and burn your tie' sort of thing anyone who feels confined within the four walls of a cubicle can appreciate all too well. It's the kind of revolution that compels someone full of creativity to break all social morés (and possibly some laws) in order to express themselves.

Break out of the box and be you (or something).

Congrats, derek! Looking forward to more prints from you and more glimpses of your thought process as a result.

ohsnaparoomba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohsnaparoomba
Hypnopaedia wrote:Even though I loathe objectivism, I love the Ayn Rand reference in the color description. 3rd shirt.woot purchase in the 1 or 2 weeks I've been on this site.

Loathe objectivism? Why on earth... would anyone.... what the....

sajil04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sajil04

first woot purchase at 2:24am pacific time. in my opinion, it is the best time to buy clothes on a whim

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

Can anyone tell me the length of the large and extra larges? From the seem in the center of the armpit to the edge of the waist, or if there is another way to measure tell me. I have a long torso.

Thanks,

Tim

anarchist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchist

In for 2!! cuz i go from fat to fatter real quick.

reefdweller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reefdweller

Really great shirt, the design is awesome. I just had to get one.

Like others have said, it does look for a second like the hand is flipping the bird. Even if not intended, I love it!

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Beautiful shirt. Well deserved win on the photo finish.

PS: Ayn Rand... not recommended.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Atta Boy D!

Spaztrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spaztrick

Raise Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven...

Now I have to go listen to the album again. Wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning. GY!BE FTW.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tjordanw wrote:How do you vote on shirts??

You go to the derby and click on designs to see the larger views. Then you click on "I'd Want One" to vote. Beware of this week's derby though; there are over 700 designs already and the page takes forever to load.

I feel like I should take this opportunity to plug my design, but that would be off-topic of me. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fiftymegatims wrote:Can anyone tell me the length of the large and extra larges? From the seem in the center of the armpit to the edge of the waist, or if there is another way to measure tell me. I have a long torso.

Thanks,

Tim

I don't have a shirt in that size (mine are WM), but my shirts are all really long compared to Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. I'd say 20-30% longer. If you go to the American Apparel website they may give approximate measurements, although I don't know if length is listed. You can definitely poke around the website and look at the photos though.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2