Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
fiftymegatims wrote:Can anyone tell me the length of the large and extra larges?

A twice washed Men's 2X is 20" side seam from hem to armscye.

michael3182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michael3182
anarchist wrote:In for 2!! cuz i go from fat to fatter real quick.

there have been posts from all angels on this forum... objectivism haters, ayn rand lovers, ayn rand haters, bad comedy, impulse sleep deprived buying descriptions, but I really have to say the ABOVE (quoted) post has to take the winning position for being the most honest.

and wow.

----
One day your crap will be my crap Katie Kaboomes

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

Congratulations, Derek. Great shirt! My son bought one last night. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Now, when are you going to revive the little Voodoo guy? He's my favorite of all your designs and deserves another shot at a derby.

antifolkhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antifolkhero

Man, I never like the user picked shirts. Keep picking those crazy ones on the off days please! Cheers.

BizMikee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BizMikee

A hidden shocker? I love this shirt! In for one!

12/24/08 - (3) Phillips Powersquids
12/16/08 - IRobot Roomba Set (2)
08/24/08 - Mediocre Luggage Set
04/06/08 - Star Wars Lithograph Set

paul666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paul666
Ignofibininious wrote:Am I the only one who thought the hand was flipping the bird for second?

i thought it looks like the shocker... i thought that was the joke... then i looked closer and its cool

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
derekfilley wrote:They say 3's a lucky number, and I have a couple goin' on today ;-)

Thanks to everyone who voted.

For those of you who'd like more insight into my thought process:

...It's definitely a revolt against 'the man'. The sort of 'get up on your chair and burn your tie' sort of thing anyone who feels confined within the four walls of a cubicle can appreciate all too well. It's the kind of revolution that compels someone full of creativity to break all social morés (and possibly some laws) in order to express themselves.

Break out of the box and be you (or something).

Derek,

You really deserved this win - variations of this design have been so close in previous derbies. It seems like you are just "on the edge" of breaking through to routine wins. I'm looking forward to your next submission.

Congrats!

zcpeanut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zcpeanut

I'm so glad this finally won. I was planning on buying the first revision until it didn't make it through to the top 3

Drawk5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drawk5

how much do these shirts shrink? are all woot shirts made of the same type of t-shirt? just curious. thanks.

jonnylentilbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonnylentilbean
Drawk5 wrote:how much do these shirts shrink? are all woot shirts made of the same type of t-shirt? just curious. thanks.

american apparel shirts - they come slightly small, but they haven't shrunk for me at least. they all fit like I bought them.

bipolarart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bipolarart

I'm lovin' the "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" reference (intentional or unintentional)

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict

I don't get it....
my congratulations to Derek, my answer to others posters questions and my comment about adder's opinion not meaning anything to anyone but adder gets deleted but all the references to "the shocker" get to stay???

It is because people see that in this design that I won't be buying this one.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Dammit. If only I took my vote away from Cho's design...

DAMN YOU SCIENCE!!!!!!!

But seriously, this shirt will look awesome printed. Congrats on the 3rd place VICTORY!

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
jonnylentilbean wrote:american apparel shirts - they come slightly small, but they haven't shrunk for me at least. they all fit like I bought them.

Are they just fitted or do they run smaller? I wasn't sure if they just have a snugger fit or run a size too small. I bought one for a friend and they asked for a small and wasn't quite sure if it be really small.

chinacatridr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinacatridr

cool, but not for me

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Interesting and thought provoking - something for the older more mature human. Only thing is the asphalt eeeehhh.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
fleamarketadict wrote:I don't get it....
my congratulations to Derek, my answer to others posters questions and my comment about adder's opinion not meaning anything to anyone but adder gets deleted but all the references to "the shocker" get to stay???

It is because people see that in this design that I won't be buying this one.

My last post got deleted because I said Atlas Shrugged bored the pee out of me and that John Galt could take a flying leap off the boring book from whence he came. Apparently Woot mods love their Ayn Rand.

Carpe shirtem!

v1ctorya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages v1ctorya

I love this one and had to buy it, but then, it spoke to me I was freelance for so long doing stuff, being able to work what I wanted to do until medical bills forced me to take a job in Finance, something I absolutely hate, but gotta love to be able to afford to be sick.

terrydean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrydean

i would have gotten one if it weren't for the fist. i don't think the fist was necessary to pull off the revolt theme.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Aw, man, I can't believe this isn't sold out yet. If you are considering getting this, pull the trigger and get it while it's cheap. Or, buy it tomorrow! Either way, this is a really well-illustrated shirt...

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4

glad that this finally won, i'm in for one

Crazeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crazeguy

Great shirt man, I waited all weekend for this. Thanks for an awesome new shirt

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

well done Derek, I remember that dude from various other designs you've made such as...

hawk120

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawk120

I don't know, I laughed at Woot's description, but the whole scene is vaguely reminiscent of the Twin Towers. It kinda creeped me out. Great design in and of itself, but not for me.

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

can't believe it hasn't sold out yet keke

yes it's me lol

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
danielvutran wrote:can't believe it hasn't sold out yet keke

I can't imagine why...........................................................................

sdinh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdinh

been hoping this one would get it's chance. finally!!! great shirt. i remember the second chance derby thing... so pissed. i waited the night the third place would be announced but i was too tired. the next day i went to church and totally forgot. then it clicked, i frantically hunted down a computer hoping it didn't sell out. frickin' thing didn't even win. i actually like the 9 to 5 o' clock design better than this one. the placement of the graphic on the side was much cooler. either way, i'm really happy this finally made it. congrats man.

panchitomen3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panchitomen3

i just got my shirt , the best thing is that i ordered 1 and got 2!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!

warnerrr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warnerrr

Weird, it was tracking, and it said "Carrier Notification Sent" and then after 3 days of that status it now says that my tracking number is wrong. Weird. But that wasn't why I came to comment. I came to say "excellent shirt!"

So...Excellent shirt!

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

Got my shirt and it fits and looks awesome! Thank you so much for the amazing design!

I only wish the small that I ordered for someone else had a larger design. Looks terrific on my medium though. Great shirt!

parkermc

Derek, my son's order arrived today and the shirt looks great! It really printed well. All of the colors show up nicely on the asphalt, too, yet still give it a gritty, urban look. He's very happy with his purchase.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
MKugs wrote:Got my shirt and it fits and looks awesome! Thank you so much for the amazing design!

I only wish the small that I ordered for someone else had a larger design. Looks terrific on my medium though. Great shirt!

parkermc wrote:Derek, my son's order arrived today and the shirt looks great! It really printed well. All of the colors show up nicely on the asphalt, too, yet still give it a gritty, urban look. He's very happy with his purchase.

Thanks everyone, glad to hear you like it!

Check out my blog:Here!

Jalter3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jalter3

Just got my shirt today. Very excited to wear it out. Congrats on the great design.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

Anyone got a pic? Mine hasn't arrived, and I've got the 'invalid tracking number' thing too. I think Memorial Day is screwing up our orders.

parkermc

GravityJMB wrote:Anyone got a pic? Mine hasn't arrived, and I've got the 'invalid tracking number' thing too. I think Memorial Day is screwing up our orders.

Yeah I'm wearing it in the top pic here http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1564025&PageIndex=19&ReplyCount=730#post2276295.

I'm almost 5'11" and weigh 142lbs. It is a mens medium and fits really good. I just put it on for that pic but I'm wearing it here to school today. It shrunk a bit in the laundry but it didn't fade at all. Cool art.

dmaeng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmaeng
GravityJMB wrote:Anyone got a pic? Mine hasn't arrived, and I've got the 'invalid tracking number' thing too. I think Memorial Day is screwing up our orders.

same here. its already been a week since i got the wrong tracking number.
and theres still no news..
sigh...

parkermc

dmaeng wrote:same here. its already been a week since i got the wrong tracking number.
and theres still no news..
sigh...

Did you get a shipment notification email? If so, try clicking on the tracking link in that email. We just received a few shirts here (before the Random Shirt sale) and all of the tracking numbers under 'Your Account' were invalid, yet each one provided in a shipment notification email WAS valid. Go figure. Then, just to confuse things further, the tracking results showed the shirts had been delivered on Tuesday when, in fact, they arrived yesterday (Thursday) - two days after the claimed 'delivery.' However, they did arrive and they look great.

shangrali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shangrali

Great design. Love the shirt. http://www.aynrand.com

Best, Todd

omgniki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgniki

Still haven't gotten mine... =/

Here's hoping it's waiting for me when I get home.

mysstique2cus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysstique2cus

Erm... I still haven't gotten mine... And I can't track it either cuz it says my number is invalid...