iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I feel guilty. I'm a sound tech, but the brown is freaking me out. I don't know if I can do this one....but the guilt remains.....

Carpe shirtem!

filterdecay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filterdecay

I always feel like the designs are a little large.

bu3ssali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bu3ssali

awesome shirt! i was first % in hour 2!!!
MINE!

MachoNacho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachoNacho

JUST PLAIN COOL!!!!!!!
In for one

TshirtTank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TshirtTank

I think this is one of the Best Non-Derbies in a little while, I'm getting one for my Uncle who still uses all this crazy Old School Stereo Equipment

glazecovered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazecovered

Love the Eiffel 65 reference [one of my favorite songs] and the shirt. Not sure which one I like more....

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

Can someone tell me the lengths of the Lg and XLg shirts?
I measure from the armpit to the bottom, but if you know another way let me know.
American Apparel has nothing for length in their sizing, only widths.

Thanks
Tim

weisserj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weisserj

wow how disappointing. I am a music producer but the brown kills it for me...

Adamcu81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adamcu81
MKugs wrote:Okay, now I think you're referencing DMB, no?

Scott Brown, Jon Ice...of course she's talking 'bout the good 'ole days.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich

Love me some riffmeister! In for two.

mankur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mankur

Hey! I'm new to woot and I was wondering what size I should get. Right now, Im 5'10" and 130 lbs. I would like to get it to fit with normal length along the elbows, but also tight (but not too tight), and I'd rather not have a size that is too big.

septober

quality posts: 0 Private Messages septober

Awesome! I bought three.

lAmoebal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lAmoebal
fiftymegatims wrote:Can someone tell me the lengths of the Lg and XLg shirts?
I measure from the armpit to the bottom, but if you know another way let me know.
American Apparel has nothing for length in their sizing, only widths.

Thanks
Tim

I'm at work so I'm not sure about exact measurements. I'm 6'5" 185 and I always buy the larges. I'm a skinny guy, but the length on them is fine. Actually, I love the way woot shirts fit.

DemonMF777

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DemonMF777

Looks more like a car dashboard, than audio gear. Too much speedo/tach look, and not enough VU meter.

pentachris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pentachris

Does it go to eleven?

I fight authority - authority always wins.

bleffew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bleffew
geekfactor12 wrote:Huh, kind of reminds me of Aegis's shirt from awhile back. Pretty cool, but it looks too big on the shirt for me to buy.

Still, glad to see Riff getting printed

agreed! i would buy this shirt in a second if the image was 50 to 66% of the size it is printed on the tee. please woot... i love a lot of these shirts, but you print them WAY TOO BIG... please consider scaling the images down a bit.

for the record, i am currently wearing a woot shirt... as an undershirt - cause the yetti and robot print were the size of my 3 year old... way too big!

danko73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danko73

Be careful with the outer case. I would reccommend getting a protective case before you use it. My outer case broke, if anyone has a non-functioning Sansa e260, 270 or 280 with a intact outer case, I'd be willing to buy it.

tim8604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tim8604
danko73 wrote:Be careful with the outer case. I would reccommend getting a protective case before you use it. My outer case broke, if anyone has a non-functioning Sansa e260, 270 or 280 with a intact outer case, I'd be willing to buy it.

Wow that's very unfortunate. Does anyone know where I can buy a protective case for today's t-shirt?

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321
DemonMF777 wrote:Looks more like a car dashboard, than audio gear. Too much speedo/tach look, and not enough VU meter.

Agreed. You'd never see meters that look like that on a mixer. Plus, those 8 dots above the sliders look like a giant domino.

Nah, not for this DJ.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

Thanks for the great comments!

P.S.
Just to clarify, the various pieces of the design do not represent specific models, types, or even time periods of equipment...So don't spend too much time searching your recording studio for a match.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Sariin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sariin
riffmaster18 wrote:Thanks for the great comments!

P.S.
Just to clarify, the various pieces of the design do not represent specific models, types, or even time periods of equipment...So don't spend too much time searching your recording studio for a match.

I'm a broadcast engineer working on mainly AM arrays. This shirt was well worth waiting up for to me, in for two!

timblack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timblack
DemonMF777 wrote:Looks more like a car dashboard, than audio gear. Too much speedo/tach look, and not enough VU meter.

Agreed...not really "sound tech" at all...more like crappy Honda Civic upgraded with neon dash lighting. And the wires dangling looks like the Kenwood stereo has ben stolen.

Or something.

Misses the mark. Needs the VU meter or something else actually related to sound.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

I guess the graphic equalizer is a bit of a clue, but otherwise I probably wouldn't know what the shirt design was all about unless I also had the sales copy the w00t elves provided here. Hmmm, maybe that could be printed on the back? Otherwise, no thanks --I'll pass on buying this rather perplexing shirt.

coulditbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coulditbe

1st shirt.woot and extremely happy it is. Loving this shirt brown + great artwork = great design. Keep up the good work.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
BetterThanTheRest wrote:Does anyone know if Threadless designs will ever be on shirt.woot shirts?

They have before... radiomode just got printed a couple derbies ago, for example. woot has also had a number of artists who have been printed on threadless, design by humans, uneetee, etc.

The fact of the matter is, though, that most designers that have seen printings elsewhere seem to bestow their worst work on woot. The daily artists rarely want to waste a solid idea on a fickle audience that will reckon them into oblivion 10 days later, and the derbies are usually dominated by the mediocre, since they're 100% user chosen, making it hard for a skilled shirt designer to really get a break. So the long and short of it is that we just won't see much in the way of threadless designers so long as woot is paying less than threadless for worse exposure to a less-shirt-savvy crowd.

And you'll never be seeing threadless designs on woot shirts, unless the design has long since finished scoring and gone unprinted. Woot shirt isn't like woot woot. Every shirt is a new design, and many are even original.

dark-star

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dark-star

Nice, in for one. I expect the ladies at da club will be falling over themselves to be near me when I'm wearing it. They do that anyway, but this is just extra insurance.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

this was so effing ugly I *HAD* to buy one.

Now I wish I would have bought two!

davidoshea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidoshea
pentachris wrote:Does it go to eleven?

Nice! Smell The Glove!!!

If this was on a black shirt I would buy the living carp out of it. I would buy it deep, and I would buy it hard, like it had never been bought before. Then, in the morning, I would make it scrambled eggs and give it cab fare home. I would tell it I would call it, but then I would probably lose it's number in my office. It would get all angry and not call me out of spite, but then, one day, I would find the number while looking for my tattered copy of Jack Kerouac's "On the Road." I would call and then we would meet at this little cafe' on 40th street. At first I would be coy, but then I would get right down to business, about how we belonged together, and how every day since we were last together has merely been a meanlingless stringing together of minutes and hours - a senseless passing of time.

But, alas. It is a brown shirt.

Probations:
5x Be nice to your fellow Wooters. (5h)
2x Woot being subjective dolts

Qtronik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Qtronik

Vraiment cool pour mon frère un dj qui monte en flèche depuis son propre studio live sur internet sur www.clubstationlive.com We love ya mister dj Tektronik !

<b>Woot</> a nice deal!

davidoshea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidoshea
Qtronik wrote:Vraiment cool pour mon frère un dj qui monte en flèche depuis son propre studio live sur internet sur www.clubstationlive.com We love ya mister dj Tektronik !

J'ai un cas entier de drapeaux blancs et de fusils français pour vendre. Les fusils ont été seulement tombés une fois.

Probations:
5x Be nice to your fellow Wooters. (5h)
2x Woot being subjective dolts

ersamia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ersamia

It almost looks like a car dashboard on the top, not a stereo

gregorys90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorys90

nice job on artwork , id feel like a robot and the knobs might be on top of my nipples and friends would yah know ,,

poochyaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poochyaki

chop off everything below the squiggly wires and we'll start talkin'...but even then it's still bleh

poochyaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poochyaki
ersamia wrote:It almost looks like a car dashboard on the top, not a stereo

totally car dashboard...and not enough detail to be a good lookin' car dashboard either.

aegis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aegis72

"The fact of the matter is, though, that most designers that have seen printings elsewhere seem to bestow their worst work on woot."

Not me. I always run my stuff by Joel first, although I have about a 5-10 percent hit rate.

Some rejected stuff can be found at this post:
http://donandsummer.com/?p=28

nkeestro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nkeestro

crazy dope.

Nuggit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nuggit

Oh wow. I had some form of a gasm upon seeing this shirt.
My first woot

Yeah, the brown is a little weird, but at the same time the brown/orange dirtiness attracts me... maybe it's also because it reminds me of ISO50's blog ( http://blog.iso50.com/ ) which also sells great T-shirts, and has great downtempo electronic music... mmm.
I don't care if others think it's ugly, I'll be wearing this a lot.

zg326

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zg326

has anyone received this shirt yet?

I was privded a tracking number but it doesn't link to anything...

showtime115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages showtime115

same here

coolpup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolpup
zg326 wrote:has anyone received this shirt yet?

I was privded a tracking number but it doesn't link to anything...

I got mine Saturday.