eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
iris420 wrote:Yes, perfect for the female sound tech. Awesome. I can't wait to get it....hopefully before I go to the National Audio Theatre Festival in June.

Hmm... maybe I should get it as a gift for someone...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

I want to buy this and yet I really want to wait to see how the other shirt I bought fits.

If I normally wear a small or medium, I'll be okay with a medium right?

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
MKugs wrote:I want to buy this and yet I really want to wait to see how the other shirt I bought fits.

They run about one size smaller than your normal size unless you like your shirts supertight. I always go one size up and it seems to work out fine.

terrydean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrydean

when i first saw this shirt, i thought her head was supposed to be as if it were ripped off a body or something, mostly because of the drips.
it's just too bad about those drips. i'm sure everyone who likes the shirt would have still liked it without them, and it seems that a lot of people who don't like it, would have without them. myself included

KittyCavalier64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KittyCavalier64

i'm on the fence about getting this one. all because of the spray paint drips!!!

elfpuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfpuck
MHBoston wrote:I really like the graphic....except for the spray paint and drip affect behind the head. Love the cranberry too.

I dont like the drips either, looks like blood coming from her ears.

LynxFX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LynxFX

First shirt off of here. I like this design. The drips don't bother me, just make it look edgy.

adion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adion
MKugs wrote:I want to buy this and yet I really want to wait to see how the other shirt I bought fits.

I did the same thing (waited for my first to come in the mail before buying another), and I'm glad I did, because XL turned out to be way too big, so next I went with L, and even it is too long for my tastes. They definitely exaggerate how the shirts run small

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Christian, this is a gorgeous shirt!!! I wasn't too fond of the paint drips, but I can certainly look past that. It's awesome. Grats on getting printed!

matma79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages matma79

Awesome Shirt... In for one.

michael3182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michael3182

I think: very cool shirt.

I didn't notice all the little "drip" and "blood" boos and interpretations until reading the forum --

However, being a guy -- I don't think I could wear this. It'd be great for my sister though, unfortunately, I'm not sure if she likes red shirts or not. I haven't seen her wear any -- bright red: yes. crimson: yes. cranberry: ???

anyway.. I really do like the design. Very nice. And it goes great with the shirt color. Just not for me, and I don't feel like buying someone a gift right now. It's 1:10 a.m. and I have to work early.

----
One day your crap will be my crap Katie Kaboomes

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
AdderXYU wrote:two music shirts in two days?

Not that I'm complaining... just odd...

They do seem to have themes running lately between derbys, this one is just more obvious. Maybe just coincidence.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Shee-ite- I would get this one if it didn't have those two...things... dangling from her head. What the hey are those things neway? Legs? Tendrils? They ruin it for me. Other than that the artwork is really nice - good amount of talent in creating it - nice presentation.

MKugs

adion wrote:I did the same thing (waited for my first to come in the mail before buying another), and I'm glad I did, because XL turned out to be way too big, so next I went with L, and even it is too long for my tastes. They definitely exaggerate how the shirts run small

Hmm, really? So if I wear a Small/Medium should I just go with a Medium? I need more length, but don't like it to be too loose.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
MKugs wrote:Hmm, really? So if I wear a Small/Medium should I just go with a Medium? I need more length, but don't like it to be too loose.

Go with a medium. I normally wear a medium and medium works well for me. According to the size chart, however, I should be wearing a small. I ordered a small to test and I don't like how it fits. Unfortunatley, that particular shirt was reckoned away, so I have to make due.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

MKugs

eHalcyon wrote:Go with a medium. I normally wear a medium and medium works well for me. According to the size chart, however, I should be wearing a small. I ordered a small to test and I don't like how it fits. Unfortunatley, that particular shirt was reckoned away, so I have to make due.

Okay, great! Thank you for the advice.

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice

Seems like a lot of the guys don't like wearing a shirt with a woman on it. I guess I'm kind of the opposite, i love these kind of shirts that show a beautiful woman, it reminds me of some of the surfer type shirts being made by brands like oneill and ripcurl. I love the flowing hair and organic lines, I'll be rocking this hardcore, yes, as a dude.

Aznpxdd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aznpxdd

Sigh...love the design, but like most people, I'm turned off by the blood. Why is it even there?!

MKugs

Aznpxdd wrote:Sigh...love the design, but like most people, I'm turned off by the blood. Why is it even there?!

it's not blood, it's 'spray paint' dripping

Sniperman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sniperman

for those wondering about the drip...
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/132/4/a/Let_the_Music_Flow_by_csjwcr.jpg

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
WeezTheJuice wrote:Seems like a lot of the guys don't like wearing a shirt with a woman on it. I guess I'm kind of the opposite, i love these kind of shirts that show a beautiful woman, it reminds me of some of the surfer type shirts being made by brands like oneill and ripcurl. I love the flowing hair and organic lines, I'll be rocking this hardcore, yes, as a dude.

I love seeing guys wear this type of shirt. I usually only get to see and fold (day after day) Zombie, Tiki, Rampage, Grappling type shirts. What can I say, he's set in his ways. Personally I don't wear shirts with people on the front, kinda like text, it just bugs me. I love your discription, flowing and organic, almost makes me wan to to buy.

MKugs

Sniperman wrote:for those wondering about the drip...
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/132/4/a/Let_the_Music_Flow_by_csjwcr.jpg

Oh, I like that text a lot! Why did he leave it out? Not to mention, I think it would've pleased those disliking the "dripping" as it covers it up well

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Sniperman wrote:for those wondering about the drip...

Why didn't they keep the text? Even though it has text there, the picture really doesn't explain the drip itself.

Sniperman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sniperman

its the music flowing?

zcpeanut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zcpeanut

Beautiful design

on a shirt color we don't see that often.

Count me in!

Shirt #25....

csmos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmos

I'm pretty sure the title of this shirt is a Mysterio reference.

10+ comic nerd points to me!!

(Woot still won't hire me.)

mikeymet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeymet

Got one, I think it'll look pretty sweet under a nice blazer when I'm stumbling down the Las Vegas Strip next weekend.

I like-ah, doo-dah, dah-cha-cha

MKugs

mikeymet wrote:Got one, I think it'll look pretty sweet under a nice blazer when I'm stumbling down the Las Vegas Strip next weekend.

*giggles*, perfect! Exactly what I was thinking when I visit in November.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Love it. except it looks a bit like she got capped against a wall...trickle of blood...anyway

pfffft!

reverse25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reverse25

Does anyone know if there is any way I can somehow score this shirt in a different color? woot?
Or is that completely impossible?

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

GAAAAAH! Thats an AWESOME design!!! in for three!

zcpeanut wrote:

Shirt #25....

#25 for me as well

my sig is getting a little out of hand

alrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alrey

Awesome art, but cranberry doesn't work for me in real irl. I agree with off-center, maybe on brown.
Yeah you heard me. Brown.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence

You guys complaining about the "blood drips" are pansies. This shirt rocks, holy hell.

In for one. FINALLY a reddish shirt that appeals to me.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
mikeymet wrote:Got one, I think it'll look pretty sweet under a nice blazer when I'm stumbling down the Las Vegas Strip next weekend.

i used my coupon . nice design will look good after the sun clears the mountains.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

deathisglorious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deathisglorious

Dude, I've probably spent about like 40 bucks in the past 2 weeks on woot shirts. So many good ones! Got yesterday's AND this one.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
deathisglorious wrote:Dude, I've probably spent about like 40 bucks in the past 2 weeks on woot shirts. So many good ones! Got yesterday's AND this one.

Been there.23588589 5/20/2008 The Madness Of Miss Stereo 1 blog discuss
23051257 3/14/2008 Now Let Me Get This Straight 1 blog discuss
23027895 3/9/2008 Tie-Dyed Too 1 blog discuss
23026593 3/8/2008 Tie-Dyed 1 blog discuss
22992104 3/2/2008 Swimming Koi 1 blog discuss
22980221 2/29/2008 Lady out of water 1 blog discuss
22940016 2/26/2008 Dead Man’s Chest 1 blog discuss
22922885 2/23/2008 Druid Leap Year 1 blog discuss
22911404 2/21/2008 Lightning Bugs 1 blog discuss
22891042 2/17/2008 I’m Gonna Let It Shine 1 blog discuss
22884840 2/16/2008 Pocket FishMan 1 blog discuss
22823161 2/11/2008 Owl 1 blog discuss
22810636 2/9/2008 KTHNXBAI!!!1 1 blog discuss
22802864 2/8/2008 Plan B 1 blog discuss

Whoa, just realized this is my first woot in two months.

But yeah, it will CONSUME YOU

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

TheBeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheBeard

Just bought mine. I love it. I think I have a thing for the cranberry shirts....

wats8976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wats8976

Best shirt I have bought since I joined Woot

kungpowbetty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungpowbetty

As much I dislike them, it kind of reminds me of that alternate Mars Volta cover:

csj89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csj89

Thanks very much everyone!
Very sorry for those who don't like the drips - those are paint drips, not blood

Here's a better mockup:

-Christian