Arben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arben
flipmeister wrote:im really confused.... is this in reference to anything... if so, i dont get it...

Hey, I recognize that! It's Bidule!

Bidule was a little ball of fur with legs and eyes used to teach prepositions in seventh / eighth grade French class. Typically, he was drawn in relation to a box. We drew him all over the place back then. I think the workbook from which he spawned may have been 'On y Va!' I'm sure I still have loads of him, but they'd be in a box 3000 miles away, so this little scrap of internet will have to serve as example:

As fondly as I remember the character and the extra-curricular adventures on which we sent him, something about the illustration really turns me off...maybe just that this version of him is so....accessorized

VonDrevon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VonDrevon

LeGay

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

Me not get. I agree with others... it's Fry Guy..

Where's the crap?

TerpBE

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TerpBE

Finally, a woot shirt featuring cartoon monsters!

(yes, that was sarcasm)

antifolkhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antifolkhero

I'm not getting one but I was tempted. I think most of the complainers on here are just French hating Americans. Call it a hunch.

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi

Didn't I see this on Project Runway as one of their silly floral creations?

The16thApostle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The16thApostle

what? is going on here. LET DOWN. FRENCH in general ;) no pun intended to anyone of course

OPlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OPlo

This would be cool if it were sized down about 50% or more. Too big as always with the woot shirts.

jonnylentilbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonnylentilbean
antifolkhero wrote:I'm not getting one but I was tempted. I think most of the complainers on here are just French hating Americans. Call it a hunch.

i just dont' get this one - it seems like somebody tried to tie in too many loose references to pointless things. and i'm not a french-hating american. pass.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this. A definite pass today. Of course, they can't all be winners, right?

antifolkhero

jonnylentilbean wrote:i just dont' get this one - it seems like somebody tried to tie in too many loose references to pointless things. and i'm not a french-hating american. pass.

Could be. Fair enough.

starsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starsquiggle

i love and want this shirt...but i'm still waiting for my first WOOT shirt to arrive to see if it's true that a womans size medium is small enough to fit a Barbie doll

davidoshea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidoshea

Looking forward to getting a LeFluff in my next Braille on Cookies

Question - if this shirt has such a high level of suckitude, how did it make it to shirt.woot? Don't they all get voted on, or is it just the Derby shirts? If so, who picks the others?

Probations:
5x Be nice to your fellow Wooters. (5h)
2x Woot being subjective dolts

lankey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lankey

Shouldn't he/she/it have both hands up to surrender?

antifolkhero

davidoshea wrote:Looking forward to getting a LeFluff in my next Braille on Cookies

Question - if this shirt has such a high level of suckitude, how did it make it to shirt.woot? Don't they all get voted on, or is it just the Derby shirts? If so, who picks the others?

Personally, despite this shirt being odd, I think the user voted shirts are usually terrible. The best ones tend to be picked by the mysterious hand of the shirt.woot staff instead of being voted on by God knows who.

crazyaries07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyaries07
jsaya wrote:Aww I thought there was a secret music derby going on. Oh well - pass. Now I get to buy yesterday's shirt w00t!

how do you do that?

Sylraen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sylraen
giggleloop wrote:Looks like something Bret would wear on Flight of the Conchords -- that's the first thing that came to my mind.

yes! props. anyway, because i'm trying to figure out what "paaaaaaaancaaaakes" actually means,

male
Blushing Over Compliments
Banjo of Consternation

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
crazyaries07 wrote:how do you do that?

Check out the Sad Rat Posting, or just go here to see all shirts still being offered (for $15 instead of $10, though).

Sylraen wrote:yes! props. anyway, because i'm trying to figure out what "paaaaaaaancaaaakes" actually means,

male
Blushing Over Compliments
Banjo of Consternation

Hit 'reply' to any post to see what the woot filters (almost said wilters) changed into the interesting word. But as a shortcut. W-T-F = PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!

gregorys90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorys90

Le Disappointed

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
davidoshea wrote:Looking forward to getting a LeFluff in my next Braille on Cookies

Only three shirts each week are voted on. Derby winners are sold Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Everything else is chosen by woot.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Bonjour! I think we have found "the bar" wherein a woot shirt may not be able to sell out. I predict that this shirt will be filling many a Bag-o-crappé for future wooters.

Congratulations to us all.

bradleyd3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradleyd3

Interesting but passing.

There might be a ton of these given out during the next 'mystery shirt' day (which should be coming up soon.....).

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

a lot of drugs and beer makes this shirt frakking amazing.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
Discobiscuits wrote:a lot of drugs and beer makes this shirt frakking amazing.

agreed. I won't buy this shirt and yet I'm strangley attracted to it. It's very cool nonetheless.

banjodude95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjodude95

Passing
kinda looks like a middle school drawing

but congratz on winning...

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
VonMonkey wrote:hahaha
:D

Monsieur LeFluff

"Mais vous ne m'aimez pas!? Je suis choqué! Je dois contacter mes amis au Schutzstaffel!"

Je ne parle pas français. Mais j'aime cette conception. Veuillez me dire la signification de elle. D'où font-ils des nouilles?

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

why did this have to turn into a french discussion? =[

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi
sidecarsally wrote:why did this have to turn into a french discussion? =[

It's the beret.

mah131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mah131

First thing it reminded me of was muzzy...the big green monster that taught french.

Anyway, I bought it for my french major friend who is graduating this weekend, I think she'll love it.

catwafer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catwafer

Ugliest thing I've seen for a long time.
No thanks.

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
fuzzycorgi wrote:Didn't I see this on Project Runway as one of their silly floral creations?

*giggles*, yes. And I won't want to wear one of those, either.

terrydean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrydean

i think it's weird that people liked the past few mediocre-at-best designs, but seem to not be into this flawless design. this design is flawless! flaws? this design has none.

i tried to buy two of different sizes, one for me and one for a friend, and goofed, so i talked another friend into buying two, one for himself and one for the friend i meant to buy one for. yay!

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
terrydean wrote:i think it's weird that people liked the past few mediocre-at-best designs, but seem to not be into this flawless design. this design is flawless! flaws? this design has none.

i tried to buy two of different sizes, one for me and one for a friend, and goofed, so i talked another friend into buying two, one for himself and one for the friend i meant to buy one for. yay!

I have the opposite view. I bought yesterdays shirt and I cant wait to get it, and this is, imo, one of the dumbest shirts I've seen so far. I guess I just dont get it. Plus the color wouldnt work for me.

TheGoldenSpatula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheGoldenSpatula

COME ON GUYS - Stop whining...
This is just a great character and it looks fabulous on the tee!!

superk12303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superk12303

i like it

opifan64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opifan64

This design is wonderful, eccentric, and charming, much like the British adventurer, test pilot, mercenary, and diamond smuggler who designed it. The beginning of great things.

ccsprinter11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccsprinter11

This shirt actually makes me angry.

loveshams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loveshams

I bought this shirt and got it today and I love it!

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

Already getting reckoned... what a shocker.