artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
shimey013 wrote:Wow you guyes are bashing this shirt..WHY?

Have you ever seen the shirts like this at the department stores, they all have the same 5yr old drawing/writing look and they are classic...this shirt looks no different then any one of the same type that you can buy at JC Penny for $20...

Seriously, you don't understand? Thanks, woot. Four days of text shirts. BLEH

eidee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eidee

the style of the drawing on this t-shirt reminds me of "toothpaste for dinner". anyone else see the resemblance?

mlwarren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlwarren
wootzupdoc00 wrote:Ha ha.. that is so funny. It made me laugh out loud. The red color really accentuates the tragedy of the situation. If I wasn't a mother of a six year old, I would soo buy this. Gone are the days of my outspoken college years.. sigh..

Agreed Like the shirt but could not explain this to my 3 little ones.

stefiscool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefiscool
goldnndrkness wrote:ooh, he did the sheep shirt, the "dont follow me, i havent got a clue" i missed out on it

I got that one for my brother. He likes randomly crazy shirts.

He'll love this one, and he doesn't have a lot of red shirts anyway. I thought it was funny, in for one.

pammylorel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pammylorel

I like it. But I sure won't wear it to my shrink's office.

trunkwontopen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen
eidee wrote:the style of the drawing on this t-shirt reminds me of "toothpaste for dinner". anyone else see the resemblance?

yeah...
I have to agree.

I'm appreciative of the shirt..but... I can't see myself getting one.

Here before the WootBot was.

smagmus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smagmus

FANTABULOUS!!!! This is what happens when you start talking back to the voices!

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
eidee wrote:the style of the drawing on this t-shirt reminds me of "toothpaste for dinner". anyone else see the resemblance?

Except TFD is actually funny.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

GGWilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GGWilliams

Errr, ahhh, yeaaaahhhh, okay. Think my kid drew something like this the other day....

JerryLees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JerryLees

Oh my! That's just wrong... funny though.

Bring back the Nintendo design shirts!

Get Xbox360 Gamer signatures for your favorite games here!
The Stupidest stuff blog

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

I really, really like this shirt.

Only 2 things are holding me back from buying it.
1 it will freak out my kids
2 after this week's slogan derby, I never want to see a shirt with text on it ever again

That said, I'm being pulled toward the buy it now button

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

elementsunknown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elementsunknown

I have to agree that the design looks to similar to a child's drawing, not to mention it's slightly disturbing message. I hope that shirt.woot goes in a more graphical-design direction vs. the "emo-cartoon" direction of other sites like threadless. That site used to be good but is now just a bunch of silly "look at me" slogans and childish cartoons.

I would much prefer to line the pockets of legitimate artists who can create something unique and beautiful on a shirt!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
cheezy321 wrote:Should I go a little deeper into my review?

Yup! Thanks!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest

Great, great, GREAT shirt!!!

In for two! My 14 year old will love it!

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

rionheart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rionheart

I know woot pushes the envelope with odd humor (I proudly wear my "the cake is a liar" t-shirt), but this is pretty sick. Nothing like walking around town with animated suicide across your chest. Might want to throttle back a little bit guys.

rionheart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rionheart

Nah, do whatever is funny or interesting... the Angry Day shirt is one of the best. My nephew could have drawn it, but creating humor is the hard part. And sometimes the 'rough' artwork adds something. That said, today's woot is terrible per my post above.

elementsunknown wrote:I have to agree that the design looks to similar to a child's drawing, not to mention it's slightly disturbing message. I hope that shirt.woot goes in a more graphical-design direction vs. the "emo-cartoon" direction of other sites like threadless. That site used to be good but is now just a bunch of silly "look at me" slogans and childish cartoons.

I would much prefer to line the pockets of legitimate artists who can create something unique and beautiful on a shirt!

taikuodo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taikuodo

For those who support this shirt: Yes, for $10 an american apparel deal is great compared to other shirts you buy locally in shops. But(I will speak for myself ) shop at woot to not find a "decent deal". I try to shop so it looks like they bought a $40 shirt for $10.

Get my drift?

No hard feelings, just saying what i think.

jkwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkwest
rionheart wrote:I know woot pushes the envelope with odd humor (I proudly wear my "the cake is a liar" t-shirt), but this is pretty sick. Nothing like walking around town with animated suicide across your chest. Might want to throttle back a little bit guys.

Oh noes!! In world so freaking PC...I forgot, most have lost their sense of humor...

Hey...that would make a great slogan shirt...

Wine only comes in one color...Red...

v1ctorya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages v1ctorya

I love this shirt, bought one and will proudly wear it.

I grew up in a family of scizoids, and this is perfect.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

awesome. one for me, one for the wife.

to the people who do not like this shirt because they think it glorifies suicide, give me a break.

can you honestly tell me you have never laughed at when something bad happens? Like monty python's holy grail scene with the black knight, or even someone getting hit in the nards? guess what, death and pain can be funny when put in the proper context. the fact that it looks like a child's drawing gives that context. now, if the picture were a life like depiction of someone cutting their head off with the same caption, that might not be as funny.

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi

This can be my new PMS warning shirt.

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

Terrible design, lacks art, his friend creativity, and talent. The shirt would sell better with nothing printed on it.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
andrewtl wrote:disturbing.
even for a cartoon.
suicide ain't no joke, woot.

Yet they rejected a shirt with a guy watering a small tree with a noose on.
Uh...
odd. Said it wasn't pg-13

what thee frock Effer

Jabberwock69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jabberwock69

Convertible? Is that because his...tops down?

Tee hee.

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando

Stop child labor. This artist pays small children to do his work. Think of the kids.
Seriously... this shirt could have been drawn by any 3rd grade kid.
Not to mention how unfunny suicide is! PG-13? Cmon woot, have some consistent standards.

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed

I think the shirt is fine. Yeah, it's childlike, but what difference does that really make? The great thing about shirt.woot is that there is a nice variety of shirts. I kind of like it when I don't feel compelled to buy a shirt, it saves me ten bucks.

The funny thing is the first sucker: Livin4Him06. Please tell me I'm not the only one amused by that.

OmniSilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OmniSilence

Hmm, a text shirt right before a text derby? Sorry, not my cup of tea.

antifolkhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antifolkhero

Really, the censorship on this site is pretty r e t a r d e d.

hjdttt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hjdttt

Suicide? How many folks have you heard of cutting their head off with a hacksaw? This is clearly not meant to be taken literally.

If you don't like the T-shirt, that's cool. But IMHO sometimes you have to laugh at the serious stuff to keep from crying.

exacademic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exacademic

Wow. Uptight much, guys (and gals)?

This is my 2nd woot purchase. I think it's hilarious. If you don't, then don't buy it. No need to bash the artist, the site, and everything else you can drag into the equation.

From what I've seen, shirt.woot tries to do a little bit of everything. You don't like text shirts, I don't like shirts that look like someone tired to yank a piece off the wall of the MOMA and call it clothing. To each his own, kudos to woot for striking a balance.

gwench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwench

Yes, my 7 year old could draw this, but it still made me laugh! I ordered one even though I personally HATE red. Two color options on every shirt would be GREAT!

gwench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwench
GGWilliams wrote:Errr, ahhh, yeaaaahhhh, okay. Think my kid drew something like this the other day....

Therapy may be useful!

readsomething

quality posts: 0 Private Messages readsomething

hjdttt bought one of these shirts, and it's for meeeeeeeeeeee! (my full name is mrs. readsomething hjdttt)

Thanks, honey! But I know you're just trying to make up for not getting me that Gettysburg Address shirt I want so BAD.

However, I *am* EXCITED ABOUT THIS SHIRT! Now I'll have the perfect thing to wear to my next family reunion!

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

All of the negative comments are especially humorous now that the 'I Want One' button is bouncing. Apparently, this will sell out very soon no matter how many people rail against it.

Congrats on the printing.

Kiora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kiora
parkermc wrote:All of the negative comments are especially humorous now that the 'I Want One' button is bouncing. Apparently, this will sell out very soon no matter how many people rail against it.

Congrats on the printing.

Such passionate responses to Andre's dark humour. I for one like Andre very much (he's on my blogroll). Can't afford to buy one today...ordinarily I could but we just moved and had beaucoup expenses.... :-(

www.translationsbykaren.com

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
JadenKale wrote:ROFL!!! Hilarious, and evil! I like it! Grats on the print Andre

I like it for the same reasons. The bashers should read his blog, he battled depression for years. Most of his stuff is frickin' hilarious.

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1

way funny! My first shirt woot!! Yay, yay yay woot!

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

daftvillain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daftvillain

Calling this design dark, or really even humourous, is a pretty big stretch considering you could probably find this shirt at you're friendly, neighbourhood, retail-ogre,
Wal-Mart.

I guess some people think it's funny and want to buy one, but, personally, I don't come to woot to buy text shirts, no matter how simplistic the drawing is.

jonnylentilbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonnylentilbean

i can't believe this sold out... what do you see in this?

hjdttt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hjdttt
jonnylentilbean wrote:i can't believe this sold out... what do you see in this?

I guess you have to be at least a little nutty. and I certainly qualify.