ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
JadenKale wrote:It was rejected DURING the derby last week. Then, by some stroke of luck we're still unable to understand at this moment, it was reinstated WITH all its votes intact. No one has had that done for them since the derby's inception. It created a lot of 'drama' to say the least.

I thought at first it might have been rejected because of the little iron in the O in irony, not because of the Threadless connection. I thought this was supposed to be an "all text" derby. I guess little drawings of irons don't count?

smilyred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilyred

i have the perfect place to wear this so i am definitely in for one

23 woots (5 sellout)(4 woot) (14 shirts)
money glady blown $byebyemoney
and yes i own a brown refurbed zune and love it

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi

I was disapointed by the derby in general, im guessing woot's profits will agree.

animegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animegirl

This is the perfect college dorm shirt. LOVE IT!

speedychipmunk13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedychipmunk13

Love it. In for one, and excited about it!!! I just hope it gets here before I have to go home!!! I go to a boarding school, so if it doesn't get here i don't get it for a while...

speedychipmunk13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedychipmunk13
animegirl wrote:This is the perfect college dorm shirt. LOVE IT!

Or boarding high school if you happen to be me :-)

jamesjad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesjad
glazecovered wrote:I'm surprised something this bland got first place in a text-only derby.

This really isn't all that bland seeing as how it is a text only derby and there is only so much you can do to make the text stand out. I think the small iron picture was a nice touch.

I was really hoping this would win, this is my first woot purchase and i'm happy to say it is this one.

daftvillain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daftvillain
ugomona wrote:I thought at first it might have been rejected because of the little iron in the O in irony, not because of the Threadless connection. I thought this was supposed to be an "all text" derby. I guess little drawings of irons don't count?

"Your typeface choices can be as creative as you want, including hand-lettered text, but EVERYTHING IN YOUR DESIGN MUST BE PART OF THE TEXT FORMING YOUR PHRASE."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure little drawings of irons are O.k if the little drawing of an iron is an 'O'.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
ugomona wrote:I thought at first it might have been rejected because of the little iron in the O in irony, not because of the Threadless connection. I thought this was supposed to be an "all text" derby. I guess little drawings of irons don't count?

slight details within the text was deemed acceptable. My pirate entries had skull and crossbones over the i's and my stars in bed entry had stars over the i's. That's as far as I felt I could push it, however.

glazecovered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazecovered
jamesjad wrote:This really isn't all that bland seeing as how it is a text only derby and there is only so much you can do to make the text stand out. I think the small iron picture was a nice touch.

I was really hoping this would win, this is my first woot purchase and i'm happy to say it is this one.

I meant the slogan itself, not the design.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

*giggles*... irony... in more than one way...

Not for me, though I do like how you did the text.

zeni

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zeni

I love this shirt.
Funny

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester

I'm actually curious to see what all won? I couldn't load the page to vote becuase it kept crashing on me.
Too many submissions I guess (everyone can do text but not everyone can draw I guess?)

Not my thing but congrats on the win? :3

JadenKale

endejester wrote:I'm actually curious to see what all won? I couldn't load the page to vote becuase it kept crashing on me.
Too many submissions I guess (everyone can do text but not everyone can draw I guess?)

Not my thing but congrats on the win? :3

There were 1411 entries this derby. I think that has been our ultimate max.

covenant311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages covenant311

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.
In for 1!

jlshowalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlshowalter

hate the color

stefiscool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefiscool
chichowduckie wrote:In for one.

Yay, I was hoping it would win. =]

Me too. I know a couple people who'd like this one. I'm one of the suckers who bought three....

phunkygrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phunkygrl

I can't believe it's about to sell out. That was fast.

JadenKale

phunkygrl wrote:I can't believe it's about to sell out. That was fast.

Actually, it's pretty slow. High votes usually means it'll sell out within the first few hours, like Fable's Zelda design did upon it's release. Maybe if we were back to only selling 1000 shirts for first day prints, we'd be seeing it sell 'FAST' but instead, this has kinda been the new norm, lasting until 8 or 9 am EST.

crap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crap

I was undecided about this one until I saw woot scaled down the size of the print! That was rather nice of them. In for 1

cqueenin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cqueenin

puns are for witty retorts while conversing amongst friends at the bar...

not for shirts.

only4u2c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages only4u2c

Man each time a good shirt is on here they sellout before i wake up..

kinda getting tired of this, what do they only print a few, its a trick to get you to spend 5 more tomorrow..

bad woot ! but a nice shirt

sloth4z

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sloth4z

I was finally going to buy my first woot shirt.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
maltzmania wrote:Congrats Rob and Brett!

Great shirt!
$$$$$

Rob and Brett?

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
only4u2c wrote:Man each time a good shirt is on here they sellout before i wake up..

kinda getting tired of this, what do they only print a few, its a trick to get you to spend 5 more tomorrow..

bad woot ! but a nice shirt

It sold out less than 20 minutes before you posted. Maybe try checking woot on your way to the bathroom, rather than on your way back?

crap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crap

Wow, people in Nebraska really like this shirt. Is there some inside joke in Nebraska that I dont know about?

JadenKale

Andy47240 wrote:Rob and Brett?

2 people came up with the slogan and the design.

JadenKale

carp wrote:Wow, people in Nebraska really like this shirt. Is there some inside joke in Nebraska that I dont know about?

yep. everything in Nebraska is wrinkled.

That, or they're all incredibly ironic.

Well Mary, quite contrary, can just tend to her garden and wrinkled clothes and wear the damn shirts. I saw it sell out, and I'll wait til tomorrow to see the next winner.

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister

random question. do the majority of shirts people order get there by the estimated delivery date? a shirt i had ordered was supposed to be in yesterday.. everything else ive ordered from good old-fashioned non-shirt woot has been on time. just wondering if i should be nervous...

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

skinnyman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skinnyman

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/15/163721/783
http://www.goddessofclarity.com/archive_2006_0815/
http://redheadedknittingwoman.blogspot.com/2006/11/infamous-lacevember-questionnaire.html
Quick googling reveals this phrase to be a few years old... and imho not even that funny or original. Meh.

JadenKale

flipmeister wrote:random question. do the majority of shirts people order get there by the estimated delivery date? a shirt i had ordered was supposed to be in yesterday.. everything else ive ordered from good old-fashioned non-shirt woot has been on time. just wondering if i should be nervous...

Give it til the end of the holiday weekend. If you still don't have it, email them at service@woot.com with the order number and estimated delivery date.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Oldyeller89 wrote:ironic that whenever I would wear that shirt it would be after it had been sitting in the dryer for a couple days = wrinkly

my thoughts exactly... my wording was that "the irony of it though is that the shirt is most likely wrinkly" :-D
luckily, I wasn't hoping to get this one; just didn't think I'd wear it much.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
folkkevi wrote:I was disapointed by the derby in general, im guessing woot's profits will agree.

Well not with tonights sellout.

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
endejester wrote:I'm actually curious to see what all won? I couldn't load the page to vote becuase it kept crashing on me.

I had that problem, too - from right here in the Woot office!

After every Derby ends, we tell you the top four finishers in a blog post. We could tell you which three made it, but then it wouldn't be a surprise...

JadenKale

Jason Toon wrote:I had that problem, too - from right here in the Woot office!

After every Derby ends, we tell you the top four finishers in a blog post. We could tell you which three made it, but then it wouldn't be a surprise...

Could we be told if there will be changes to thwart that very problem in the future? I mean, with 1411 entries during the week, surely the staff have devised a plan of action.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Congrats on the shirt sellout! :D

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
heartluce wrote:Congrats on the shirt sellout! :D

Thanks everyone!!

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

Congrats snakeweber, unfortunately I missed out, I completely forgot to check the main page.

PTPS2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PTPS2

Man! I really wanted one of these. Maybe I should check before 2pm next time.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

Can't believe this sold out. So much for winning the guessing contest, *giggles*