+ Add a Comment

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

blahmcblah wrote:I see an angry midget, a baseball batter, and a cowboy with a gun handle hanging out of his pants. They're just clouds, you can see whatever you want.

Ohhhh...they're CLOUDS... >_<;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
rglee129 wrote:Photoshop, photoshop, photoshop. Specifically, I desaturated and jacked up the contrast on a tree bark photo (any photo of anything with vertical texture will do). Then I deleted out its white areas, leaving just black texture, which I selectively copied and pasted over the samurai and his stuff.

Thanks

Robbie

See, I tried to mess with the saturation and thought of using a photo to overlap for texture but it didn't look right. Great job though, and thanks for the advice.

StoshyKills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StoshyKills
Re: Fireworks aren't just for 7/4

I wish this was bigger.
or maybe another explosion?
regardless I'll vote for it.
make it bigger though.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AGrant311 wrote:I love this, and it's on my favorite color, and I've yet to score an orange WOOT shirt. Okay everyone, give JadenKale's marshmellows some love.

Thanks!!!! I love having a cheering section!!

Let's get some more votes in, guys and gals!!!

Spotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spotnik

I really like the egg on this one, but I'd like to see more definition to the street area, like a curb drawn in - it is hard to tell the egg is frying on a street/sidewalk.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
MKugs wrote:See, I tried to mess with the saturation and thought of using a photo to overlap for texture but it didn't look right. Great job though, and thanks for the advice.

Here it is step by step- select the area you want textured on your artwork, then drag the selection over to the texture-pic. Edit, Copy. Then, go back to your artwork. The selected area is still selected (as long as when you dragged it earlier you dragged it all the way onto the other pic). Edit, paste. Then image- adjust- desaturate the pasted texture layer, adjust brightness and contrast 100%, magic wand the white, and delete. good luck!

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Summer vacuums...

sweet art man! well done!

MKugs

rglee129 wrote:Here it is step by step- select the area you want textured on your artwork, then drag the selection over to the texture-pic. Edit, Copy. Then, go back to your artwork. The selected area is still selected (as long as when you dragged it earlier you dragged it all the way onto the other pic). Edit, paste. Then image- adjust- desaturate the pasted texture layer, adjust brightness and contrast 100%, magic wand the white, and delete. good luck!

Wow, excellent, thank you so much!!!

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: hot sun

take this as constructive criticism: make an object *or centerpiece in this case) something more identifable, and well, more appealing

Spotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spotnik

Yay for pucker!! I really like this one!

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: Turtles in the Rain

great tee for a girlfriend

shame, I don't have one

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: The Summer-ai

Really well-thought-out cool design. GMV. Nice work!

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Coppertooine

you have got to be kiding... this is totally parody... oh well... nice job anyway...

MKugs

KENPARS0NS wrote:you have got to be kiding... this is totally parody... oh well... nice job anyway...

It got rejected and rightfully so. Very funny and creative, but it has several strikes against it, the biggest being GL's legal team.

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek

Like it, but wish the mosquito were a bit smaller.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
Re: Suburban Blitzkrieg

GMV, I just wonder if the red and the "cranberry" tee actually contrast as much as they do in the image. I have my fingers crossed

MKugs

mjl9320 wrote:GMV, I just wonder if the red and the "cranberry" tee actually contrast as much as they do in the image. I have my fingers crossed

My thoughts exactly. I love the design and would consider buying it if it weren't for the shirt color itself. I feel like the trucks get lost on the cranberry.

andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2
mia3mom wrote:what a cool totem pole of summer!

I see no beach chairs, sailboats, or swimmers, but that might be our beach-centered view of the world. it's stll cool and gmv

I got flippers and surfboards, I contemplated putting in a beach ball...

RUFROGGY2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RUFROGGY2
zuniteton wrote:I really like this design, unfortunately there is no text allowed this week- why dont you resub it without the text?

Yeah, I didn't read the directions well enough. I did resubmit it though.

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
StoshyKills wrote:I wish this was bigger.
or maybe another explosion?
regardless I'll vote for it.
make it bigger though.

Will do capt!

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

You be the skeeter king.

wallacenorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallacenorth
Re: Summer Sailing

This is such a beautiful shirt.

ckpete2887

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckpete2887
wallacenorth wrote:This is such a beautiful shirt.

Ditto. Love it. GMV

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: The Sun, My Eyes!

I love these kind of big half tone dots.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: Rasta Beat

Palm trees and steel drum music, what could be more summery?

andrewg2

Re: When Life Gives you Lemons.....

I'm not crazy about the whole killing cute things either, I think it has been overdone. Great talent though...like I need to say that.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Foo228 wrote:great concept, I just wish it didn't scream girls-only to me

Need to find a girl to give it to then!

and yes kwilder, i did the dragonflies before in lineart.. just felt the shirt needed a little somethign

jsinteractive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsinteractive
Re: Rasta Beat

ANother great shirt!! I have your army in my pocket and I love it!!

tigerlillies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerlillies
rglee129 wrote:Is he on vacation? Or just hunting ninjas in South Beach? Either way- shorts, scooters, shuttlecocks, strawberry ice-cream, Sansas, and only an occasional shuriken = one awesome Summer.

Awesome alliteration. Excellent shirt.

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
Re: Jump in

I think this is a fun summer design, I just wish it were on a colored shirt. The black on white seems a bit washed out for something as awesome as jumping into a huge body of cool water on a hot summer's day.

sundbe11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sundbe11

nice!

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: A Sippin' and a Sailin' through Summer

I just resubmittted this with more ice. So vote again please.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: A Sippin' and a Sailin' through Summer

I just resubmittted this with more ice. So vote again please.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: The Sounds of Summer...at 6am

ah....uh, very nice design, but i'm afraid the "heathered grey" shirt won't sell it.

SmijinGT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SmijinGT
Re: A child's look

Pretty but watch where the edges of your picture cut off. It would be awesome if you just redrew it so that it wasn't just a square but a whole picture.

andrewg2

blahmcblah wrote:Not even close, and not even on a shirt. Some random deviantart? Come on...

I agree, it doesn't look like a rip off, but they did reject a shirt for having the same idea as a Far Side cartoon during the revolution derby, and it looked nothing like the original. But then Far Side would be more likely to sue than an indie artist...

Vote!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
toe2254 wrote:thanks.

what would be the point?

They were suggesting a different shirt color since creme is not widely loved here. you may get some attention on lemon or baby blue (with some slight color alterations) Also, putting it on lemon could really free up anyplace you currently have yellow, allowing the design to breathe and stretch a little.

And as for size, well many of us have explained. It's the amount of ink. They may not have to do a base layer for the design, but it will still be quite heavy as well as the design just is too large overall to be incredibly comfortable.