andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2
Re: Oh Burned!!!

Awesome work, art wise, but the tears just put it over the edge for me...its a tad bit sadistic for my taste.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
sundbe10 wrote:Palm trees and steel drum music, what could be more summery?

Pretty freakin' sweet man. I Dig it. Really nice shading on the drums, they feel voluminous to me.

*edited for crappy spelling*

andrewg2

sokowa wrote:So, anyone get the video game reference (without looking it up) You get +2 geek points!

Looks like Kirby to me.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: Strawberry Ninjas Forever

Lots of people associate strawberries with summer, but apparently not everyone since nowadays they're available year-round. I used to love to go strawberry picking in the summer... until one of them pulled out a katana and sliced off my left pinky. That's why I'm not quite that sorry to see this one get rejected... bad memories. However, I'm eagerly awaiting the robot banana you submit in the upcoming Tropical derby. Nope, never been attacked by a robot banana, but I'm pretty sure my Roomba is planning to kill me while I sleep.

zaraphel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaraphel
SmijinGT wrote:Pretty but watch where the edges of your picture cut off. It would be awesome if you just redrew it so that it wasn't just a square but a whole picture.

Thankyou so much for the sweet comment. The picture is supposed to be cut off on the edges. The effect I was going for was a child's picture of summer. The kind of artwork mother's love. Thanks again.
Jessi

andrewg2

zaraphel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaraphel
zaraphel wrote:Thankyou so much for the sweet comment. The picture is supposed to be cut off on the edges. The effect I was going for was a child's picture of summer. The kind of artwork mother's love. Thanks again.
Jessi

mothers*

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Suntan

I really like this! GMV!

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: When Life Gives you Lemons.....

Gruesome... I love it!

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: Oh Burned!!!

Toasty! I like the expressions!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Fun in the Sun

idk what you guys are all complaining about. this shirt would be perfect to wear over ones swimsuit to the pool or beach. white is a better color to wear in the summer. this would also make a great kids summer shirt.
one of the few i would actually buy, and likely more than one.

andrewg2

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: I am the Waterpark

Verrrrry interesting.

Good luck!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Meme Daydream

Even by your standards, this is bad.

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
Re: A child's look

What are the six colors you are using? It looks like a lot more than that, though that may be you just knowing how to make it look like more than 6 colors.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

andrewg2 wrote:Thats not a BBQ pit, thats just a grill...purists unite! BBQ requires a smoker.

It might be easier if you put your link and image in your sig. PM me if you need help doing this. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
Re: Fireworks aren't just for July 4th (ReSuB)

Largest I could make it to fit inside the alloted space.
And also added another red firework and made the blue one slightly bigger.

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: Summertime

...and the livin's easy. Wrong Summertime, but who cares? Beautiful, GMV! :D

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Sunkissed

mmmmmmmmmmmm Orange

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Thank you for the close up!! It helps

(It's really nice, too)

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
Re: Suburban Blitzkrieg

i would say you've outdone yourself, but you always come up with amazing designs like this. GMV!

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
mollib wrote:Beautiful!!

Thank you :D

jessephoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessephoenix
Re: Dandelions

This is my very first attempt using Adobe Illustrator--just bought CS3 and am trying to learn it. So, votes please. (Even sympathy ones...??? )

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
superspryte wrote:I remember this light bulb... ^_~ Good idea. ^_^

not really ... quite unpopular in fact.

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
blahmcblah wrote:Lots of people associate strawberries with summer, but apparently not everyone since nowadays they're available year-round.

I'm with you on this... strawberries totally say "summer" to me! Have you ever had those ultra-expensive strawberries you buy when they're out of season? Ugh! They shouldn't even qualify as strawberries! They're bred to be hard and hearty so they can be shipped 3,000 miles and still look pretty, which sacrifices the flavor. Don't get me started on strawberries, man...

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic

[quote postid="2274330" user="andrewg2"]Quick note: This was completely made by me ..minus the shirt template. NO CLIP ART was used![/quote

Good to know. Nice job with the theme, my hubby loves a good tiki and I'm luvin the bright summer colors.

SmijinGT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SmijinGT
zaraphel wrote:Thankyou so much for the sweet comment. The picture is supposed to be cut off on the edges. The effect I was going for was a child's picture of summer. The kind of artwork mother's love. Thanks again.
Jessi

oh cool! *giggles* totally didn't get it. you're really talented!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
superspryte wrote:I'd like this better if it were smaller. So much ink. It doesn't matter whether the shirt is lighter or darker, that's still a lot of plastic coating on the shirt. It's a cute design though. ^_^

actually it does make a difference. in order to print on dark shirts you have to lay down a thick coat of white ink first which sits on top of the fabric. then it's flash dried and the other colors are printed on top of that. pastel and white shirts don't need that so the ink penetrates the fibers of the shirt. if printed correctly it's barely noticeable.

it's not going to be printed anyway so this issue is moot. still, thanks and glad you like it.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Oh I love this! I love the bleakness of the sneaky tree against the bright happy peachy colors :D

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
Re: Fireworks aren't only for 4th of July! (ReSuB2)

Whew third time! Hope this works better! Those who voted for the first one vote again!!

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Poison Ivy

Im' getting itchy just looking at it

suzyottomatic

Re: I am the Waterpark

love the colors. Thanks for getting entry in early. good luck!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
mia3mom wrote:this is really cute, but it feels too big for me to wear comfortably.

maybe a little smaller? and I wonder about a blue shirt instead of cream, then it wouldn't need as much ink.

great concept never thought of a dragon cooling off!

actually, my first thought was to put it on light blue, but when i saw the design on the blue background it seemed to dull the design. yellow seemed too bright, and while i thought white would be ideal no one likes white. i settled on cream because it's bright without being radioactive and worked tonally with most of the colors.

glad you like the concept, thanks!

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4
blahmcblah wrote:Not even close, and not even on a shirt. Some random deviantart? Come on...

yeah i agree the designs are completely different, plus cho doesnt have ice cream cones, more like Popsicles or something

great design by the way james

hiphippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiphippo

this is my favorite one =]

suzyottomatic

mjl9320 wrote:GMV, I just wonder if the red and the "cranberry" tee actually contrast as much as they do in the image. I have my fingers crossed

I think it will be great either way. I'm all for subtle. I wear an art tee for me not for the folks across the room.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Endless Summer Rider

Wasn't this little guy also in the motion derby? He certainly gets around.

suzyottomatic

Re: Solar Embrace

Niiice! Like the size and the colors. I would wear this.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Summertime

gorgeous, the waves and fish just jump out at you. glad you submitted it!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!