toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
JadenKale wrote:They were suggesting a different shirt color since creme is not widely loved here. you may get some attention on lemon or baby blue (with some slight color alterations) Also, putting it on lemon could really free up anyplace you currently have yellow, allowing the design to breathe and stretch a little.

And as for size, well many of us have explained. It's the amount of ink. They may not have to do a base layer for the design, but it will still be quite heavy as well as the design just is too large overall to be incredibly comfortable.

while i really appreciate the feedback what i meant by that was there is no chance this shirt is getting printed. it's never going to be in the hotness or the fog, even with the changes. plus the files are at work so i wouldn't even be able to make the changes until tuesday and by then it would be way too late. so making the changes would be pointless.

also, i hate making revisions. i'm not desperate to win so much that i have to obsess over every detail. i do listen to what people have to say and will apply it to future designs, however this bird has flown the nest and whether it flops or flies it is what it is

toe2254

JadenKale wrote:They were suggesting a different shirt color since creme is not widely loved here. you may get some attention on lemon or baby blue (with some slight color alterations) Also, putting it on lemon could really free up anyplace you currently have yellow, allowing the design to breathe and stretch a little.

And as for size, well many of us have explained. It's the amount of ink. They may not have to do a base layer for the design, but it will still be quite heavy as well as the design just is too large overall to be incredibly comfortable.

addendum: one of the shirts in the for is on cream, so widely loved or not, people will buy any color if they like the design enough.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: Summer Beach Sunset

Lets try again, this should do better.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Simply Summer

This is definitely my fave, but I'm thinking it'll probably get rejected because of the size of the graphic. Too bad. It's beautiful. I would wear it often.

Carpe shirtem!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

toe2254 wrote:actually it does make a difference. in order to print on dark shirts you have to lay down a thick coat of white ink first which sits on top of the fabric. then it's flash dried and the other colors are printed on top of that. pastel and white shirts don't need that so the ink penetrates the fibers of the shirt. if printed correctly it's barely noticeable.

it's not going to be printed anyway so this issue is moot. still, thanks and glad you like it.

Once you get a woot shirt you'll realize they always print thick. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

toe2254

peppersagooddog wrote:idk what you guys are all complaining about. this shirt would be perfect to wear over ones swimsuit to the pool or beach. white is a better color to wear in the summer. this would also make a great kids summer shirt.
one of the few i would actually buy, and likely more than one.

thank you!

toe2254

toe2254 wrote:addendum: one of the shirts in the for is on cream, so widely loved or not, people will buy any color if they like the design enough.

make that "in the fog"

toe2254

Re: Summertime

you always do such lovely designs. waves and goldfish wouldn't have been my first choice (i would've gone with dolphins personally) but this is really quite lovely and elegant.

smaro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smaro
peppersagooddog wrote:text, as described by woot staff, is anything found on a keyboard.
any keyboard. no letters, no foreign texts, no SYMBOLS, no numbers.

GULP!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Summer Days

we just broke a couple of kites flying them in strong wind, and I can imagine the flower being pulled up with the kite.

nice composition, and great detail!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

toe2254

superspryte wrote:Once you get a woot shirt you'll realize they always print thick. ^_~

that's unfortunate and sad. there's nothing worse than seeing a good design printed poorly.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: The Best of Friends!

great shirt to wear to a baseball game! or to a bar for a hot dog while youw atch the game on tv in AC...

hot dogs seem to be trickier than they appear, your really got it. nice work!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882
Re: I am the Waterpark

Agh, I wish more people would vote for this because I really want to buy it. Great job!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
andrewg2 wrote:Looks like Kirby to me.

llo, perhaps . . but that's not the video game I was thinking. Think OLD school arcade here . . . (hint, the title of the tshirt)

melissah12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12

[quote]Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16394]Turtles in the Rain
Love the turtles. I voted for both of yours. Good luck...Hope it wins. I need another turtle shirt from WOOT!

melissah12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12

Love the turtles. I voted for both of yours. Good luck...Hope it wins. I need another turtle shirt from WOOT!

Sorry. I didn't post right

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas

Very nicely done. Don't people know a good shirt when they see it? GMV

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Summer Break Means Staying Inside

typical eh? wait all year for school to get out. then, run home and play console games all summer. irony is when you play a game you could do for real outside, like virtual fishing.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Josephus - PM

I appear to be melting.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Oh Burned!!!

I just realized I mispelled marshmallows. Argh, it's been a long day. I do have to say, though, I'm much more excited about this week's derby theme than last week's.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: Summer Beach Sunset

Resub: I had to add the shadow for the sunset. Hope you all like it. Also changed the color of the shirt.

GeoffKarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeoffKarr

i hunger? that saying from one of the characters in warcraft 3? thats one of the sound clips anyway, i want to say from...the dreadlords?

funkymonk21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkymonk21
jvernoy wrote:I agree

me 2!

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
Re: Rasta Beat

This is my favorite! It makes me happy. Great job!!!!!!!

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Best of Friends!

To me, nothing says summer quite like complaining that it's hot, but for many, it just ain't summer 'til they've eaten their first ballpark dog. Truly, there are few things that go together quite like baseball and hot dogs. This shirt is a tribute to that.

johnnybaboon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybaboon

Good stuff as usual.
$5

johnnybaboon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybaboon

Good stuff as usual.
$5

chrisdg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdg
Re: I'm melting

First real shirt.woot entry...
Looking forward to your feedback.
-chris

TEG522

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TEG522
Re: Rasta Beat

great design! it really pops. and you gotta love those drummer boys!!!

AdderXYU

rglee129 wrote:PS! Big thanks to Attila, MiaMom, Adder, Jennie, and MYA for the critique and helpful tips…

No prob, rglee... I really like how the final looks... much cleaner.

AdderXYU

Re: Oh Burned!!!

This may well be the best Jaden Kale production evah.

AdderXYU

blahmcblah wrote:Awesome, way better on cream than grass, imo. GMV!

Truth.

GMV

AquaticKnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AquaticKnight
Re: Beach Shirt

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/body_parts/body_adornment/tattoos/1876173_shark_vinyl.php?id=1876173

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

burn, baby, burn...these are heroic marshmallows...not like those sissies that loll in the Hot (chocolate) Springs...gmv!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Beat the Summer Heat

I hope this shirt is red! I really like this design.

mjc613

Re: Idol Summer

Thanks for entering a red shirt!

mjc613

MKugs wrote:My thoughts exactly. I love the design and would consider buying it if it weren't for the shirt color itself. I feel like the trucks get lost on the cranberry.

If it wins, I'm getting it and hoping for the best. I love different kinds of color schemes, but woot's printers can't always do them justice.

hup440

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hup440
Re: Star of the Grill

just gunna warn ya... "no black shirts"

davetoering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davetoering

This is really a beautiful shirt, I live in the desert now and never see fireflies anymore but it made me think of growing up in KY and catching fire flies at night in the summer with my folks sitting on the porch (and no, they don't play the banjo :-)
Really great. GMV, Good Luck

My woots:in ear head phones 2 pack: screaming monkey with woot cape:
7-12-08 random apcray!Random apcray: 2008 Calendar Edition:Micro Remote Control Helicopter:iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot:
Sandisk 1GB Media Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder:multiple woot shirts

KingLionAids

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingLionAids

Oh my crud. I want this RIGHT NOW. <3