mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
AdderXYU wrote:Ovaltina, my goat THIS WOULDNT BE IN THE FOG IF IT WASNT TGENTRY WHY YOU ALWAYS GOTTA WIN

Best post. You can stay.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
peppersabaddog wrote:i think i would rather pay $6 for this at walmart in the youth boys section.

Could you explain what you see wrong with this design? It's a little obscure.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Melting Freeze Pops

...and who can forget whenever you wanted the purple one it was always in the middle and when you tried to pull 'em apart they would tear crooked so you had to eat the red one which gave you a brain freeze and your sister would get all pissy because she just broke up with Walter and the loose ones would migrate to the bottom of the freezer and when mom finally decided to clean the freezer she finds that and a thrice melted and refrozen ice cream sandwich at the bottom of the freezer with those bargain A&P hamburgers that are just a little green and a bag of ice from that party two years ago that's just a solid piece of....

SamoaJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJoe
Re: I Scream, You Scream

Isn't it getting rather coincidental that every week people seem to find another shirt/graphic/design that the illustrious JamesCho was "inspired by"?

VOTE FOR DEREK !!!

Nightmare on Wall Street

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
mjc613 wrote:I took a good hard look at this. It might be possible that Cho was inspired by this idea - that is allowed. However, there are way too many differences to call it a copy. Ice cream cone vs popsicle, truck vs. store front (notice no tires), the way the children are held, background scenery and other differences as well. The fact that the popsicles are eating children is much more subtle in Cho's, which I personally prefer.

I suspect that if you didn't know James had done this design, this would not have been posted. But if you feel strongly about this, please let woot know via the tattle button.

i have to agree. the two images aren't even close to the same.

dedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dedo
Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters

This is sooooo awesome!!

buu2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buu2

Love the shirt idea. But the shirt color is really close to black; makes it iffy for the contest and me.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

why is it so dark?

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

umm...sorry about that last comment...it was 95º here last weekend and then it snowed a bit on Wednesday and it rained last night and the earth has been shaking for weeks (near Reno)

buu2

Sorry. Wrong post area. I'm getting confused. When I post on the hamburger, it takes me to the full out derby page.

buu2

This reminds me so much of the (I think threadless) shirt with hamburgler as Nixon. Too much?

Otherwise, I don't really get it

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Kitty Pool

I love the pun and the kitty! adorable. and as a bonus, you used the blue of the sihirt as the pool, so it doesn't need to have too much ink.

gmv! and a "so cute!" from the girls

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Would this be navy ink on asphalt?

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Re: summer trees

Without any comment, this appears to be an autumn shirt. Here's your chance Jacksparrow.

bzltyrfn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzltyrfn
Re: I Am Summer

If Summer we a person, nay, a Super Hero... this would be he.

mia3mom

JadenKale wrote:Really Adder?!? Gee thanks!!! I really appreciate that! I sincerely busted my tail on this one.

it shows, jaden. The burn/browned parts of the marshmallow look just like the real thing. so incredibly well done.

you got the girls' votes too - they love roasting marshmallows. Or the kinds in hot (cocoa) tubs

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters!

Attack of the Summer Blockerbusters!

I redid the colors in the light of day. I didn't realize quite how faded it looked before. I think this will print much better. Please revote if you already voted. Thanks!

drroett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drroett
JadenKale wrote:Save the marshmallows!!! Vote today!

First time website visitor and this is definitly my favorite design in the contest.

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass

This is why stadium seating wins. I like it.... I don't like that mean old thunder lizard blocking my view though.

mia3mom

sentnl wrote:This will forever be known as the derby of torturing cute-faced food.

lmao - awesome quote.

of the cute-faced food designs, this is the only one which doesn't upset my daughters. They might be influenced by the identity of the designer, though. ;)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mjc613 wrote:I took a good hard look at this. It might be possible that Cho was inspired by this idea - that is allowed. However, there are way too many differences to call it a copy. Ice cream cone vs popsicle, truck vs. store front (notice no tires), the way the children are held, background scenery and other differences as well. The fact that the popsicles are eating children is much more subtle in Cho's, which I personally prefer.

I suspect that if you didn't know James had done this design, this would not have been posted. But if you feel strongly about this, please let woot know via the tattle button.

Why would you suspect that? Just above, someone said that riffmaster's design was stolen from Walmart. for no apparent reason, I might add. Lots of very good designers get those kinds of comments every week.

bumpass

Re: The Summer-ai

Try explaining that nasty stain on your crotch to your friends Mr. Summerai. A ninja on the other hand would simply dodge the drops of melted dessert. I like it. Stylish.

bumpass

jpolson wrote:I really like this, but I think I might like it better without the brown circle.

I humbly disagree... The brown circle really pulls it all together. It wouldn't be the same w/o it.

mia3mom

SamoaJoe wrote:Isn't it getting rather coincidental that every week people seem to find another shirt/graphic/design that the illustrious JamesCho was "inspired by"?

I think you can find an "inspiration" for everything somewhere. The internet is too big for anyone to have a chance that no one has put up an image that was even slightly similar.

I've been watching cho sketch, and seeing how his designs take shape. Even if he was originally inspired by an image he saw elsewhere (and I doubt that it came from anywhere other than his mind), the design is completely his.

I was wondering if the cho-bashing was sour grapes or had a point, and now I am not seeing anything other than sour grapes

bumpass

Re: The Summer-ai

Last comment... I promise... I just noticed the shuttlecock on the front of his scooter. It made me chuckle. I really hope this makes it into the fog.

bumpass

This shirt and the Summer-ai both belong in the fog... Easily the two best shirts in this derby.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
MKugs wrote:I think it's a cute design but isn't it far too close to the Kellogg's Raisin Brain logo? You can call it a parody if you want, but it's cutting it really close.

Could be, could be. I was going for parody, but there's always a gamble with that. If it gets rejected I wouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't get rejected, I wouldn't be surprised either.

ohhhshtbtch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohhhshtbtch
Re: Idol Summer

Now that is nifty.

alh8422

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alh8422
Re: Oh Burned!!!

congrats on getting in the fog, this looks great

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: Idol Summer

I like this one. Good job.

mia3mom

thank you for brightening the theater, gentry. I understand that you want it dark, like the inside of a real theater, but I wanted to actually *see* the audience. now you've gmv

mikent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikent

This will be the first shirt I buy from woot. I hope it makes it. I especially like the implied motion created by the bomb placement. Great design!

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
Re: Summer Moon

I love the idea but it looks weird how it's placed on the shirt. I wouldn't know how to fix it though. It just looks kinda awkward.

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
Re: Summer Beach Sunset

Wow this is great!!

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Kitty Pool

This is so CUTE!! Voted.

jacksparrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksparrow
Re: summer trees

in the summer when it gets ridiculously hot, you start to get delusional. things are not as they appear.

FREEDOM! FOREVER!

kimos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimos
Re: Simply Summer

You could always resubmit before it is rejected. The problem is the design is too big - shouldd be an easy fix. Great design.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Simply Summer

This entry: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16573 will be rejected because they're a week late on the slogans derby, but it shows the printable area very clearly.

If you re-sub with your same design but changed so you have it all within that area, it will stand a better chance of not being rejected. It hasn't been rejected yet, but they're pretty strict about "coloring inside the lines", so to speak, and they do go through the submissions more than once looking for things that don't follow the rules.

Other than that, it's a beautiful design! I'll bet if you re-submit it with the print area corrected, people would re-vote for it.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
guttermagic wrote:wait... "meat drugs and alcohol" gets rejected cause its offensive, and you arent allowind to type cuss words? is this website geared towards 9 year old christians?

If you think of it that way, it's a lot easier not to be rejected.

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
Webfoot08 wrote:This entry: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16573 will be rejected because they're a week late on the slogans derby, but it shows the printable area very clearly.

If you re-sub with your same design but changed so you have it all within that area, it will stand a better chance of not being rejected. It hasn't been rejected yet, but they're pretty strict about "coloring inside the lines", so to speak, and they do go through the submissions more than once looking for things that don't follow the rules.

Other than that, it's a beautiful design! I'll bet if you re-submit it with the print area corrected, people would re-vote for it.

Thanks for the heads up and the compliment, but what about this shirt that got printed: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3992

I don't think my design is asking any more than that, as they both share the same width and they both go up on the shoulder. Either way, if mine does get rejected, will I be able to resize it and resubmit it afterwards or do I have to take it down and resub before they reject it?