Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters!

I hope this fogs and we have a Cho Gentry Cho Gentry fog. That would be pretty sweet.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mia3mom wrote:I love the pun and the kitty! adorable. and as a bonus, you used the blue of the sihirt as the pool, so it doesn't need to have too much ink.

gmv! and a "so cute!" from the girls

Yeah and what's really cool is 75 % has the color behind it cut away so it doesn't overlap another ink. The pool circle needed 2 colors there, so I made a point of making the lighter color sit under the darker color. That way woot won't need to lay a 3rd layer to compensate for the difference in contrast. And on the cat himself, the only place where 2 colors overlap, would be where the sunglasses sit. Everything else has the layers behind it cut away.

Troisiemement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Troisiemement
Re: Summer Moon

I think because they tree is sort of a silhouette, you should make the moon different shades of the t-shirts blue. That way the moon would not pop out in front of the tree even though it is supposed to receed in space.

EnveeApparel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnveeApparel
wallacenorth wrote:This is such a beautiful shirt.

Thank you! A buddy of mine has a boat and he is starting to sail more and more. I figured that it would go great with the theme.

It seems really hard to get your shirt attention even if it is a "good" shirt with all of the 'vets' around here promoting their stuff within the community. *shrug*

VOTE NOW!!!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
sentnl wrote:This will forever be known as the derby of torturing cute-faced food.

Quote for Truth L O L

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
MKugs wrote:Thank you! I tried different colors and just thought this is a 'classier' looking shirt and very simple. This is something you could wear underneath a jacket or something without looking too "cheesy"

hmmm...dark asphalt colored tee and to put it under a jacket at that! That's just screaming heat stroke!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
WeezTheJuice wrote:Thanks for the heads up and the compliment, but what about this shirt that got printed: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3992

I don't think my design is asking any more than that, as they both share the same width and they both go up on the shoulder. Either way, if mine does get rejected, will I be able to resize it and resubmit it afterwards or do I have to take it down and resub before they reject it?

All I can tell you is that was one of the first shirts that ever got printed from a derby, and they've solidified and refined their rules a whole lot since then.

The decision to wait or not is yours to make, but if you decide to resub, the sooner you do, the better the chances of getting your votes back. I've seen it go both ways, so it's up to you. If you do resubmit it, be sure to title it with the notation (resub) following the title so voters won't think it's a copycat.

Believe me, we all went through stuff like this when we first started out. Rejections are a way of learning, much as they might sting.

And there's always a chance it'll make it through the derby without being rejected, but that chance is probably very slim.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Iambusyeating wrote:I hope this fogs and we have a Cho Gentry Cho Gentry fog. That would be pretty sweet.

Heh, I'm sure that would make a lot of people really "happy".

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Beach Bacon

we bacon shirts need to stick together!

funny idea to have it on the beach. I stuck to the more traditional asphalt.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

mia3mom wrote:thank you for brightening the theater, gentry. I understand that you want it dark, like the inside of a real theater, but I wanted to actually *see* the audience. now you've gmv

Thanks mia3mom. It looked much brighter at 2 in the morning with all the lights off. When I got up this morning it became quite obvious I had to brighten it up a bit.

Webfoot08

tgentry wrote:Heh, I'm sure that would make a lot of people really "happy".

When you're head and shoulders above the ranks, you make an easy target. Good thing they're shooting blanks! :-)

tamaralynnjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamaralynnjones
Re: Lady del Sol

WOW! This one is great. C'mon people--it's soooo wearable and needs more votes!!!!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Sunburn

The phoenix represents the sun, the other birds represent, well . . . all of us

Iambusyeating

tamaralynnjones wrote:WOW! This one is great. C'mon people--it's soooo wearable and needs more votes!!!!

Meh, I don't think I could pull this off. Still cool design though.

Webfoot08

Re: Shark fun in the sun

I like it that even the little float toy has a sinister look about it. Funny! GMV.

joebagodonuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joebagodonuts
Re: The Best of Friends!

Either thats a humongous weiner or someone's not going to be hitting the ball very far

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
JadenKale wrote:Yeah and what's really cool is 75 % has the color behind it cut away so it doesn't overlap another ink. The pool circle needed 2 colors there, so I made a point of making the lighter color sit under the darker color. That way woot won't need to lay a 3rd layer to compensate for the difference in contrast. And on the cat himself, the only place where 2 colors overlap, would be where the sunglasses sit. Everything else has the layers behind it cut away.

thanks for explaining the mechanics of it. there are a few heavily inked shirts that I wear & love, but they won't be my top summer picks.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek
Re: Anyone up for a game of catch?

Kinda like it, but it would be funnier if the tape were outside the red circle. The way it is some WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! was standing in the target. Better if they were outside the target and got nailed by a really bad shot.

Good use of perspective though. GMV

prairey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prairey
Re: Summer Moon

i tried putting the moon halfway behind the tree, but that looked even weirder. maybe i'll mess around with it a little more this afternoon, see if anything i come up with is a little better. thanks for the suggestions.

p.s. i AM a nice person - how'd you know?

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
Re: I Scream, You Scream

Hot diggity dawg! The trolls are back from their various probations. Gonna have fun this weekend while the w00t folks are taking the holiday.

Let me help them get started; Cho has put this on a cream shirt which is the VERY SAME color of shirt used by other contest participants. Foo on Cho!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Webfoot08 wrote:I like it that even the little float toy has a sinister look about it. Funny! GMV.

Thanks! Tried to do anime eyes, but they always came out scary. Guess it's fitting, eh?

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
Webfoot08 wrote:All I can tell you is that was one of the first shirts that ever got printed from a derby, and they've solidified and refined their rules a whole lot since then.

The decision to wait or not is yours to make, but if you decide to resub, the sooner you do, the better the chances of getting your votes back. I've seen it go both ways, so it's up to you. If you do resubmit it, be sure to title it with the notation (resub) following the title so voters won't think it's a copycat.

Believe me, we all went through stuff like this when we first started out. Rejections are a way of learning, much as they might sting.

And there's always a chance it'll make it through the derby without being rejected, but that chance is probably very slim.

Alright, thanks for the help through this process. Looks like its been just over 24 hrs so no turning back now, I'll just ride it out. Man, that centered printing area looks like no fun

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Fun in the Sun

I really like your design and illustration; GMV. I like the color shirt for this too and I never like cream lawlz. Great summer shirt.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
brizz wrote:again? this has been rejected before....and will be again.

Normally I wouldn't do this, but I just wanted to reference the old submission (http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=7180) and the fact that the major gripe was the eyes.

I changed the entire face, the colors, and I added hugging arms and some legs. The actual cheeburg is the same, but the other aspects of it that caused trouble were changed. As I always say about any design, I am pretty fine with it being rejected if woot feels it necessary, but I wanted the record to show that I took the previous criticisms and accusation seriously enough to rework the illustration. There's just something about a living cheeburg that makes me feel happy, but I won't submit anything like this here again. That was my mistake. I take credibility really seriously, and I appreciate that in other people too. I thought I had corrected the error i made initially, but based on this comment, I did not. oopsies.

For real though, you seem like a straight shooter, brizz. I have noticed in the past that you are not a fan of cheesesandwich designs (which i am fine with), but I hope your criticism was coming from a overall good place and not part of an anti-cheese movement.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:Why would you suspect that? Just above, someone said that riffmaster's design was stolen from Walmart. for no apparent reason, I might add. Lots of very good designers get those kinds of comments every week.

So funny, yet true! Apparently Walmart has sold every shirt and idea ever conceived by mankind. At least, 99% of the tr0lls claim shirt X was sold there... The design here is merely taking a summer staple and turning it around so that the summer fare eats the people... sure, the idea of food eating people has been done by others, but Cho's is unique in how it is represented, and looks great on the shirt color chosen. And it's obvious that it's a Cho design, not a redone idea of another.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: Summer Beach Sunset

This ones really eye appealing.

Iambusyeating

Re: We Can't Fight, IT'S SUMMER!

I love this with the title. If that was printed there it would be so funny to me.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: A Sippin' and a Sailin' through Summer (resubmit)

I fixed it up, and I am having a vote race with my daughter's design. Vote for Sippin' !

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
Geckotek wrote:Water droplets just seem out of place.

Seconded. They are too bright.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: The Ice Cream Truck

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far!

nautilus786

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nautilus786
Re: Summer Phoenix Rises from Spring

yepp, water droplets kind of ruin the color scheme.

wootleey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootleey
Re: Those Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer

She looks a little lumpy. Or is it a he?

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Re: Not with stupid

slowpoke.jpg

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
Re: Crab Grab

It's cute, but I'd like it better without the floating hand. That just looks odd...

cleverconveyence

Re: I Scream, You Scream

I actually thought of Noctural-Devil's piece when I saw this shirt. It has 180k views, so it's far from some "random picture on deviantart."

That said, it's far from anything that could discredit Cho, considering how different the two images are. llo @ some wooters getting emo over Cho's success.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)

cleverconveyence

Re: Sunburn

Another good one, sokowa. I approve.

prairey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prairey

i'll be reposting this. vote again please!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: The Summer God

Now THAT is an intriguing rejection reason!

cleverconveyence

Awesome idea and execution, but I really prefer the other one. I understand this shirt really needs to be on asphalt, and that it wouldn't be as good on any other color (including black), but I'm really rooting for some lighter colors.

Also, I can see the next derby

Derby #45
[Description]

...and lastly, NO CHO or TGENTRY ENTRIES. Seriously, don't you guys have enough money already?

sstrunks5555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrunks5555

Looks like SOMEONE'S seen Indiana Jones 4 xD