mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
geekfactor12 wrote:Now THAT is an intriguing rejection reason!

Woot has said in the past that they can't do gradients. Then they said to avoid them - presumably because they would try but couldn't guarantee that they would turn out. This Reject reason is consistent with what they said in the past.

Woot, thank you for going back to being consistent!

mjc613

Re: Picnics are for Junk Food

My niece and nephew love veggies, but they aren't bears.

I hope woot thinks picnics=summer. I don't want this to go away.

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
rawtoastdesign wrote:...something from the off season...

I think that's the key phrase there. Good luck!

rawtoastdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawtoastdesign
Re: Hoola Your Heart Out Ginger Bread (Wo)Man - cream

Well, in the words of Ron Burgundy, "Milk was a bad choice." I originally did this design on a white shirt and via feedback from the woot community it sounds like you pretty much oust yourself in advance when designing on white. Anyhoo, here it is on cream, perhaps it will have more of an appeal.

Original post...
We all know that ginger bread can take the heat. When summer rolls around they like to shake it out just as much as everyone else does. It's a summer of gingerbread love...

MikeKelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeKelly
mjc613 wrote:Not sure how this is summer only

You don't have waterballoon fights in the winter. Do you?

mjc613

Re: Oh Burned!!!

Thanks for bringing back happy memories, JK!

When I was in grade school, I loved Campfire Marshmallows. The marshmallow on this shirt reminds me of their Mascot, Campy.

bperessini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bperessini
mia3mom wrote:we just broke a couple of kites flying them in strong wind, and I can imagine the flower being pulled up with the kite.

nice composition, and great detail!

I really hope this wins...good luck.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Summer Lovin'

glad to see your entry, beefcoat! We've got 2 of your designs here, and love them. This one is great, really like the faces on them

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: Cereal Killer

This is VERY clearly parody and Woot would need to be seriously high on life to reject this. However, maybe you should replace the flaming raisons with bombs or something and see if this doesn't do better. I'll bet it would.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
mjc613 wrote:Thanks for bringing back happy memories, JK!

When I was in grade school, I loved Campfire Marshmallows. The marshmallow on this shirt reminds me of their Mascot, Campy.

Oh my gosh I just saw Campfire marshmallows at the store. I have never heard of that brand before!

spamhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamhere
Re: Sol Burner

you realize that 60% of the shirt is covered in ink

Regular Woots: 06
B O C: 06
Useful Items: 00

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mjc613 wrote:Thanks for bringing back happy memories, JK!

ROFLMAO!!! MJC that's funny you should bring them up!!! They are the best little marshmallows! (although the most common brand for us were Staypufft (SP?) ) They have these up north where my hubby's family have their camper.

JadenKale

GTAcrimelord wrote:Awesome. Not only is the depiction hilarious, but I've been dying to get an orange shirt, which apparently is a very rare color for shirt.woot. +1 vote and +1 purchase if this shirt makes it in the top 3.

Good luck JadenKale.

Thanks GTA!

EnveeApparel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnveeApparel
andrewg2 wrote:I don't get it either. Tulum rocks though.

I would have to agree. It looks like you need 3d glasses but besides that I dont see what the hype is all about. It's just a palm tree with nothing really unique about it.

I gotta give the designer props for appealing to that many people though...

VOTE!

VOTE NOW!!!

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
wallacenorth wrote:This is such a beautiful shirt.

The first thing that came to my mind as well is "this is a beautiful shirt!" Great work.

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters!

Another fantastic TGentry design! I WANT!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mjc613

cleverconveyence wrote:
Also, I can see the next derby

Derby #45
[Description]

...and lastly, NO CHO or TGENTRY ENTRIES. Seriously, don't you guys have enough money already?

Personally, I would prefer a red shirt derby, and only designers who have sold in the past could compete.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
JadenKale wrote:the detail isn't close enough in the 240 x 240 comp. I've been doing this long enough to know that I'm just not getting enough from the small picture. I'd really like to see the star's composition up close, he could easily take a 500x500 pixel square of the 300dpi artwork piece at, say the edge of one of the points, to show the spot detail. (or he could attempt what I suggested above...however, it won't save well to photoshop, in retrospect) I'm just curious at how he did the layering.

I am relatively new at using graphics programs to draw. This is my first graphic entry, so I do appreciate all of your seasoned assistance in figuring out how to do the entries correctly. I use PaintShop ProX. For the print-ready file I submitted in the text only derby, I saved them with Photoshop extensions.

I didn't make a print-ready file this time because that is the most difficult one for me to figure out how to make. I didn't plan on the shirt being printed, so I thought I'd save some much needed time. I made one starfish first, then repeated it for the shirt comp file.

I did as you suggested in your previous post, but Photobucket doesn't accept the photoshop files. I will try what you just suggested instead.

prairey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prairey
Re: Summer Moon part blue

thanks!

this is a resub. for those who want to know what changed, i flipped the trunk and tightened it up, fixed some wayward leaves, changed the color of the moon and lowered it a bit.

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
Re: Summertime

Absolutely beautiful. I love it.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

Here we have Pan, the Greek god of shephards, vacationing at an undisclosed New Jersey beach. He flaunts his immortality in various ways: by using suntan lotion instead of sunblock, by listening to a tape of James Galway covering Insane Clown Posse’s greatest hits, and by not wearing pants.

Ah, to be young and half-goat again...

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
leahwaz73 wrote:Will be rejected for text anyway

Yeah, but it was perfect for last week.... But it will certainly get rejected for this derby. It is off theme and breaks rules.

graeve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graeve
Re: you know, this means war

What an awesome shirt design! Makes me think about summer.

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
Re: Summer Moon part blue

This is very pretty. It reminds me of summer evenings on my parents porch when the moon is out and the fireflies are in the bushes....[sigh]

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
Iambusyeating wrote:This is VERY clearly parody and Woot would need to be seriously high on life to reject this. However, maybe you should replace the flaming raisons with bombs or something and see if this doesn't do better. I'll bet it would.

flaming people!!

yowyow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yowyow

lovely design! hope it gets up into the fog and the top 3!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: The Summer-ai

Nice distressing, and a great job on this. It has now gone from "slightly cartoony" to "frickin awesome" in my book. I hope it gets up there.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
dmkooo wrote:flaming people!!

sorry i prefer exploding people

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: a midsummer night's sunset

I really like this, but think it would look excellent on Cranberry.

volxcano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volxcano
GravityJMB wrote:I really like this, but think it would look excellent on Cranberry.

i was actually debating between cranberry and cream. i'll submit a cranberry since it's still early.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Carpe shirtem!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

This is really very pretty. The baby blue tee isn't used enough, IMO. I hope this one gets into the fog.

Carpe shirtem!

mjc613

leahwaz73 wrote:Will be rejected for text anyway

DOH!!!! (mjc slaps the side of her head)

mjc613

JadenKale wrote:ROFLMAO!!! MJC that's funny you should bring them up!!! They are the best little marshmallows! (although the most common brand for us were Staypufft (SP?) ) They have these up north where my hubby's family have their camper.

Way back when, these used to come in a box, I think 8 a piece, and each kid would get their own box to take to school or camp.

mjc613

shan24 wrote:Mean Mister Mustard sleeps in the park
Shaves in the dark trying to save paper
Sleeps in a hole in the road
Saving up to buy some clothes
Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose
Such a mean old man
Such a mean old man

I remember this song!!!! You did a good job illustrating it (except for the 10 pound note up his nose, which I am happy you left out).

mjc613

MikeKelly wrote:You don't have waterballoon fights in the winter. Do you?

This looked more like paint ball to me, and that can be done year round. And I think I remember waterballoon fights in the dead of winter where I went to college. Did NOT participate, since ice and I are not friends.

JadenKale

Re: a midsummer night's sunset

This shirt reminded me of a shirt done last fall for woot. I just found the pic while scrolling through flikr about 2 mins before seeing the post. Upon first viewing this entry, I found it eerily familiar.

Upon further study of the design, I really wish you had taken the time to actually draw out the buildings and make them unique, rather than using a vector package to create the design. The buildings are SO similar it ruins the look. That, and the light poles just don't match and look to large for the design.

mjc613

Re: Lemon Aid

The plus sign will probably be considered text, which is not permitted this derby.

Recommend you resubmit and convey this a little differently

kozi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kozi

GMV just would like it a little lower

trulyblessed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trulyblessed
Re: Persephone's Summer Vacation

I don't understand why this isn't getting more votes. It's brilliant!!!

5/27/2008 Random Shirt
6/5/2007 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter
5/31/2007 iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter