barabajagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barabajagle
Re: I HUNGER!

If this shirt doesn't win, it looks like I'll be going for awhile without a shirt.woot purchase. Best one this Derby! I hope the votes generate in time.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: HOT!

Interesting shirt comp... doesn't look quite like American Apparel orange to me...

heltoew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heltoew
njbell wrote:simple, but effective. i like it.

Thanks, next time i need to do a better job presenting it though, the preview looks kinda crappy

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16734]Ants

hmmmm ok

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

blahmcblah

uncgump wrote:wow this is awful. can't believe it's in the fog.

Super-constructive criticism! You wouldn't happen to be a high school English teacher, would you?

blahmcblah

Lhyzz wrote:and woot staffers think tree ants or boob-related things are icky.

FWIW, I also think tree ants are icky.

tinkermel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinkermel

You said it all

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD
Re: Summer Goddess

I love this piece! Light color - Who wears dark colors in summertime except emo kids anyways? This is an exceptional drawing and I only wish it was in the fog so I could actually buy it! Keep it up.

ranna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranna

that poem is awesome and I love the design. I agree that thinking too much messes up the shirt.

Pancups

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pancups

thanks! it looks kinda funky because of the way I filled it in, but it's all there...it's just shallow water.

ningrim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ningrim

nm

johndoughy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johndoughy

This design rules, I think it'd go over well!

jtyska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtyska
QuigglyPhD wrote:Light color - Who wears dark colors in summertime except emo kids anyways?

Agreed!

I think a dark color would take your eye away from the boldness of the orange. It stands out much better on a light shirt, and therefore makes a better illustration for summer's heat. (Duh.) GMV!

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
Re: Beach Fun

love it

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

outlawmoogle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outlawmoogle
JadenKale wrote:You mean, besides the sun, the outdoors, and the fish?

nope.

I didn't know fish was summer exclusive. But now I see it's a resub so it's just recycled work anyway.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
outlawmoogle wrote:I didn't know fish was summer exclusive. But now I see it's a resub so it's just recycled work anyway.

that's harsh.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: Lady del Sol

Wow, overlooked Gem of a shirt here, fable. GMV, even though she is quite 'top heavy'

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
MKugs wrote:Seeing as how this won't win, I really think I'm gonna have it made on my own. Has anyone else done that? Does AA do that, because I like the feel and fit of their shirts?

Go here and down to Print-to-Order Shops. Remember, you've got a waiting period to sit out, though.

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
Re: Melting Freeze Pops

I am really disappointed in the vote total of this shirt. I think it is one of the better ones in the derby this week and I wish it was getting more attention. Maybe if this was a popsicle tree it would do better.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: The sun is spicy...

I probably should have gone to greater lengths to show detail, eh? ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

hooliganx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooliganx
Re: Idol Summer

This shirt is great, I would buy it for sure. Wish it was doing better with the votes!

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
dmkooo wrote:Blue Raspberry!!

Blue Coconut! Blue Bubblegum!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
auggie24 wrote:Go here and down to Print-to-Order Shops. Remember, you've got a waiting period to sit out, though.

yeah it's a two month (60 day) hold on our designs til woot legally releases them for us to do with as we please. So wait on any plans to get ready for, say, a shop until Monday. that's when the Honorable Mentions are chosen. Those chosen (will be listed on the blog page) will get a second chance in the Best Of derby.

But I can tell you right now, if you want a good deal, cafepress.com prints for a low price and quickly, but if you want AA's shirts and are willing to pay a little more and wait just a little longer on regular shipping, Spreadshirt.com is your choice.

Rachel0982

Re: Which flavor for you, kiddo?

I really wish this was higher up on the list. One of my good friends owns a snowcone stand (where incidentally my husband and I spend a lot of time) and I would totally be in for 3! If it doesn't win and you decide to sell it someplace else (say cafepress) you have to let us know!

Rachel0982

Re: Which flavor for you, kiddo?

I really wish this was higher up on the list. One of my good friends owns a snowcone stand (where incidentally my husband and I spend a lot of time) and I would totally be in for 3! If it doesn't win and you decide to sell it someplace else (say cafepress) you have to let us know!

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1
zuniteton wrote:great shirt

Thanks! It was fun drawing all those happy dogs.

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1
Wits wrote:I like the overall concept of the design, and I'd probably vote for it if I could see it on an actual shirt like most of the others are shown. As it is, I can't tell enough about what the final shirt would look like to know if I'd like it or not....

The final shirt is in the lower right corner of the preview above -- sorry, it's hard to see against the dark background.

Caden348

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Caden348
Re: Melting Freeze Pops

I voted for you Daddy!

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

Yeah, I'm disappointed that it looks like this won't make it It's so good!

jballigood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jballigood
Re: HOT!

Chris Vitale is Da BOMB!

imnothardcore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imnothardcore

this is great.

definitely my favorite

bstep08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstep08
Re: Bacon in the Sun

I dont understand how im supposed to vote for this! Because I want it to be real so I can buy it.

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
theghotiman wrote:I am really disappointed in the vote total of this shirt. I think it is one of the better ones in the derby this week and I wish it was getting more attention. Maybe if this was a popsicle tree it would do better.

This is only my fifth week submitting designs to the Derby, I am learning more about what people like here each week. Yes, I'd like to place higher and get more votes, but it will happen in time. As for this design, I think the comment earlier about it being a rainbow kind of killed its momentum. I don't see a rainbow, I see 5 colors with white outlining on a green shirt. If I was going to put a rainbow on a shirt, it damn well would be a rainbow.

crayzass1

Caden348 wrote:I voted for you Daddy!

Thanks Caden!

crayzass1

eHalcyon wrote:Hey crazy - the link to this entry in your signature actually goes to your slogan derby entry. You should probably fix that.

done, thanks.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
jtyska wrote:Agreed!

I think a dark color would take your eye away from the boldness of the orange. It stands out much better on a light shirt, and therefore makes a better illustration for summer's heat. (Duh.) GMV!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!
I was testing out a new style and I'm very happy with the number of votes. I'll keep this up in some way each derby (time permitting since it does take a bit longer) .

uchytil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uchytil

Thanks for the comment!, i kind of agree with the white lines in the foreground. They aren't really necessary. I was trying to show some depth of field besides the main graphics.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: It's like the summer's a natural afro-desiac

This pucker needs some new shoes because the basketball courts in the summer got girls there. Thank you for your consideration!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
barabajagle wrote:If this shirt doesn't win, it looks like I'll be going for awhile without a shirt.woot purchase. Best one this Derby! I hope the votes generate in time.

Thanks for the compliment! Wish I could help, I really do

kriz10gal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriz10gal
blahmcblah wrote:...and the livin's easy. Wrong Summertime, but who cares? Beautiful, GMV! :D

zenne, you're my favorite woot artist. each derby, i click on a design i like to find out it's been submitted by you! i like your attention to detail and how every design is beautiful. i was a huge advocate for your king midas design - i really wish i had it as a shirt. kudos to you and this design!