eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
apcraig21 wrote:i love turtles... this makes me sad

There's the spiral eyes version as well... and this one (which is much nicer!):

Turtles in the Rain

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

muloki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muloki
Re: Summer Goddess

This is a great design! The shirt has a very mellow feel to it and I think the cream color works well with the design. Great job!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
sokowa wrote:Well, a few creams have won. . . I plan on doing a version of this as a fall shirt if at all possible. Look for this with some heavy modifications (and a darker shirt) in a few months.

I think it is wonderful just as it is.

I look forward to seeing it again.

wallacenorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallacenorth
mineme555 wrote:if you don't understand this shirt, it's because YOU are the type of person this shirt is mocking. Job well done in my opinion!!

Thanks :-( I didn't understand it because there are two ways to read it. It could be somebody upset because another wooter critiqued their work too harshly so they are mocking them, or it could be a statement about the terrible art in the derbies (sorry if my poor designs offend you, I'm still learning and i'm very new to designing)

Comments like these are detrimental to the woot environment. Maybe i'm just an uninformed newbie in designing and in the derbies, but i think maybe we should give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and nicer comments to promote a positive woot community. Still state your mind and give comments on designs and how to make them better, but don't go around making truly pointless and rude remarks.

jaycous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaycous

probably being a moron but I can't find where to vote for a design? What am I missing?

wallacenorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallacenorth
jamescho84 wrote:thanks i'll try to keep things super realistic next time.

Yes you should, because usually the tiny eskimos in MY iced teas look way more realistic, but that also depends on what restaurant you order it at.

What a tool mjl is if he/she is serious. This is a clever and well executed design in my opinion.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jaycous wrote:probably being a moron but I can't find where to vote for a design? What am I missing?

Right above the big picture to the left hand side. It should say "I'd Want One" and click on it.

SpinningLizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpinningLizard
Re: Oh Burned!!!

I think this is one of the best designs I have ever seen Absolutely hilarious!

jaycous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaycous
JadenKale wrote:Right above the big picture to the left hand side. It should say "I'd Want One" and click on it.

Yep, I see that now. pretty well hidden or I am not in the Zone. Got the vote in on your marshmellow t. That's killer.

KevinCan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KevinCan
Re: Summer Four Sum Of Uz

The girl is dumber than me.....cuz she was stoopid enough to go out wit me hehe

Nuggit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nuggit
Re: The Sun, My Eyes!

I love the design, and I would wear it if it wasn't for the color. Sky blue makes sense, sure, but the brightness of it takes away from the sun. Something less saturated (mid-gray) would have looked better, I think, and made that awesome halftone sun pop out like it should.
Good luck

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
blahmcblah wrote:You lose. If it wins, it'll be up for sale tomorrow night.

Damnit!!! I stand corrected and idiotic and angry. I can't wait until tomorrow night! OR... Or maybe, this shirt is so amazing, they will claim it as winner early. HA!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Re: Oh Burned!!!

I've confirmed in the final art that there are 6 colors. Just to put that worry to rest.

coachferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachferrell

I may have missed something, but who is the guy drinking the soda???
great shirt!!!

Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters!

peachwheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachwheels
Re: Melting Freeze Pops

I NEED this shirt. I just do.

peachwheels

Re: Summer Nights

This is glorious. I want. Badly.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
thatrobert wrote:

Yay, I got two! llo.

Thanks, tr!

chrisvitale83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisvitale83

Darn it! This was my first one... I didn't know there were shirt colors we have to use. I will read the directions more carefully and try again for the next round.

peachwheels

mihalis aya wrote:Mezzos unite! (And vote!)

I'm a mezzo and you just compelled me to vote.

Actually, I was already gonna vote for this one. It's cute and the colors are fun fun fun.

peachwheels

Re: Jump in

Yeah, I agree. I think you should change the shirt color to something more bright and summer-ish.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
timkerrick wrote:you know, even if this doesn't win...is there someway you can post this graphic somewhere? I would love to have this as my desktop wallpaper in my office.

Here you go...

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
tgentry wrote:Suburban Blitzkrieg

i'm a little in love.

rlexm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlexm
tattooedbear wrote:Nice.
The sun's detail / expression is hot! ;o)

Hey thanks!

I worked hard on the eyebrows and the teeth.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
joelterrific wrote:I've confirmed in the final art that there are 6 colors. Just to put that worry to rest.

Thanks Joel!!! I appreciate the support!

Elemental52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elemental52
eHalcyon wrote:Correction: it isn't WPG13 (woot pg13).

This is kinda a spin off of that family guy episode.

illushin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illushin
Re: Hot Summer Daisy

Thanks for the comment.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: HOT!

So, gradients such as these are a 'probably' now?

Excellent...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

coachferrell wrote:I may have missed something, but who is the guy drinking the soda???
great shirt!!!

He's the smart-aleck/cutsie/annoying character from an animated talking animal movie (think Open Season, Over the Hedge, Shark Tale, The Wild, etc. etc...) He's sipping a soda for that extra product placement goodness.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tabrazinski wrote:i'm a little in love.

Sorry but I'm married... or did you mean with the design?... either way I'm flattered. Thanks.

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek
jaycous wrote:Yep, I see that now. pretty well hidden or I am not in the Zone. Got the vote in on your marshmellow t. That's killer.

You may not have seen it earlier if you weren't logged in.

Pookabilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pookabilly
Re: Idol Summer

Best shirt in the woot. I'm not sure you'll make the fog, but I voted for it anyway. Great placement and design.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
theghotiman wrote:I am really disappointed in the vote total of this shirt. I think it is one of the better ones in the derby this week and I wish it was getting more attention. Maybe if this was a popsicle tree it would do better.

You can nominate it at bestlosers.com to get printed....

Click here

"If you'd like your favorite shirt to show up here next week, send in your nominations by mid-Tuesday. Give me some reasons why it is the greatest thing Woot will ever see and I'll include the best ones. Longer entries are more likely to make it outside the Honorable Mention section just for formatting reasons. Please include a link to the derby entry. And clever award titles can only help."

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
peachwheels wrote:This is glorious. I want. Badly.

peachwheels, you need bestlosers.com . Badly.
(am I going to get a commission out of this?)

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
mjc613 wrote:What color shirt is this?

Navy

jfunamura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfunamura
Re: Beach Fun

i kinda feel like that's me

jmd161616

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmd161616
thatrobert wrote:

What's happened? Just checked back after a couple of days. Where is the love for the waterpark? This shirt is too good. Where are the votes?

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Suburban Blitzkrieg

I think I'mna buy this one.

Check out my blog:Here!

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
dmkooo wrote:You can nominate it at bestlosers.com to get printed....

Click here

"If you'd like your favorite shirt to show up here next week, send in your nominations by mid-Tuesday. Give me some reasons why it is the greatest thing Woot will ever see and I'll include the best ones. Longer entries are more likely to make it outside the Honorable Mention section just for formatting reasons. Please include a link to the derby entry. And clever award titles can only help."

Well, he already got a BLA award. If you want to get it printed outside Woot you have a couple options: talk to Pooby5.com to see if they're interested in printing your shirt. If they are, you get $2/shirt sold. You can also sell it yourself using Spreadshirt.com or such places and charge whatever you like to get the profit you're looking for.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
MKugs wrote:thanks for the tip! I want a quality shirt and liked AA's fit and feel, but I'll definitely take your advice. Thanks!

Also check out skreened.com. They do only AA shirts starting at $15.

Lawller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lawller
Re: Solaradii

This shirt is so well designed I'm in for one when it gets printed.