+ Add a Comment

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Fun in the Sun

this is really cute, but it feels too big for me to wear comfortably.

maybe a little smaller? and I wonder about a blue shirt instead of cream, then it wouldn't need as much ink.

great concept never thought of a dragon cooling off!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Turtles in the Rain

Thanks for the support, everyone!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
jbedwar1 wrote:Great Design! Burnt look is nice. But do you roast marshmallows in the summer? I normally do it in the winter when camping. But i guess a lot of people camp in the summer. I just dont like camping in such hot weather. (uh oh .. just realized i'm rambling).... Anyway ... Good job Jaden.. good luck with your design.

L O L Thanks jbedwar! Yeah we actually roast lots of marshmallows in the summer. It's like THE thing to do when camping. (we don't camp in the winter here considering it snows by Halloween, in most cases) Especially like this weekend. it's in the 60's here and partly cloudy, so it's been relatively cool. The fire keeps us warm and entertained, and mostly entertained with burning food items L O L

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: Summer vacuums...

Sorry if any of the others mosquitos feel copied. I started this early yesterday...
Cheers!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
WarholBot wrote:why so many votes for a design that took 2 minutes to make?

Because for a lot of people ... the votes aren't for the "Talent" or how Nice the artwork looks. It's simply a vote for a shirt they would like to win so that they can buy it because they think it will look good as a shirt. A lot of times, people spend so much time on artwork that doesnt really look all that good on a t-shirt or is hard to explain or whatever. Where as this one is nice looking for a shirt.

Gacktite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gacktite

I want this...really badly.

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

The shadow is so neat! He looks wicked creepy, too!

jbedwar1

JadenKale wrote:L O L Thanks jbedwar! Yeah we actually roast lots of marshmallows in the summer. It's like THE thing to do when camping. (we don't camp in the winter here considering it snows by Halloween, in most cases) Especially like this weekend. it's in the 60's here and partly cloudy, so it's been relatively cool. The fire keeps us warm and entertained, and mostly entertained with burning food items L O L

yeah ... i love campfires ...but i'm not a fan of marshmallows. I like burning anything else i can get my hands on though

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
Re: Turtles in the Rain

cute, but even with the explanation it doesnt make me think of summer

Gacktite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gacktite
Re: I HUNGER!

I want this...really badly.

jbedwar1

Re: Fun in the Sun

If smaller, this would be awesome

eHalcyon

Re: Turtle in Heat

jbedwar1 wrote:Yay for turtles!!!

The turtles appreciate your support!

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
JadenKale wrote:You know, I agree with you on the cattails now that I'm looking at it (cattails in seed would be cool) But I'm going to say again, the black is going to be lost. If it's hard to see on royal, it's invisible on navy (and the only reason why I know this is due to my Nessie print) and over two thirds of the detail will get lost... mainly the bees and the tips of the grass.

I saw your comment the first time (I really appreciate it, by the way), but didn't get around to changing it. I sort of had to submit and run at that point. I'll poke at it tonight. I tried different colored outlines when I was first working on it, and it made the fireflies look very peculiar, so we'll have to see.

As for the cattails, I actually thought about them when I was originally planning the idea. The thing is that they would I would probably have drawn them in beige, so the focal point of the picture would fall on the brighter colored fireflies. This wouldn't have been bad, but it would have made the design very top heavy and a little dark (even for something titled "summer nights"). I decided to specifically look for a type of flower that blooms even during the summer, to add some brightness to the whole thing.

Maybe the reasoning seems a little weird, but that's what it was. XD

Again, thanks so much for the feedback.

eHalcyon

WarholBot wrote:cute, but even with the explanation it doesnt make me think of summer

Some people won't see summer in it, I know. It really depends on the sort of climate you live in. Where I live, we get really hot days as well as really rainy days. Here's hoping that Woot is ok with it!

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
MKugs wrote:see I get kind of angry about that. So many of these shirts are "cute" but I would never buy or wear one. I'm really suprised by what the majority of wooters like on here.

Its like you took the words right out of my mouth.

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: Tai Chi Sun-mer

Unique, original artwork. Has a groovin' feeling to it. Good for a shirt, too. GMV.

eHalcyon

Re: Heat Stroke

goldnndrkness wrote:no fox in ur sig?

Not much room... I'll see what I can do though. Not much time right now, unfortunately. =\

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Summer powered by Candle

I remember this light bulb... ^_~ Good idea. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

arem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arem
Re: I Scream, You Scream

I like the idea a lot, but it's hard to tell they're eating people.

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228

my vote for this derby's 1st place winner...

Foo228

my pick for 2nd place...would gladly buy it though (along with my other pick)

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Gacktite wrote:I want this...really badly.

ha, awesome! Sounds like you and I have a lot in common :P

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Foo228 wrote:my pick for 2nd place...would gladly buy it though (along with my other pick)

Stop deleting the stuff in the message box so we know what you're talking about please.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Lhyzz wrote:Taste is subjective. I think if wooters want to buy it, they should be given the choice. But whatever... I'm just disappointed because I thought it was a really good idea, and people were voting for it, and then *poof* :*(

Just let it go and chalk it up to experience. Besides, the idea was hardly ever new. The concept wasn't as original as say:

andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2
Re: Idol Summer

Heres's my submission, just two colors to keep it simple. Hope you cn see som of your favorit activites in the shirt.

Foo228

really like it, but my only gripe is with the lemon on the extreme right's facial expression...good thing it doesn't stick out as bad as the bird in the zombie garden

fillengroovy

thatrobert wrote:Sorry -- I didn't see yours. Makes me realize I forgot to draw wings!

I was gonna mention that... Oh well looks great anyway! Lots of skeeters out there this derby. Guess they do kinda say "summer"

Foo228

great idea bro, hope it wins (or spurns into an even better idea somehow)

fillengroovy

BSmooth357 wrote:Agreed, but nice design. Friggin mosquitos.

Like all the blood! I thought about doin that but left it off...

Foo228

good concept, as it looks sweet but dark in the summer isn't what most people are lookin' for

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Idol Summer

what a cool totem pole of summer!

I see no beach chairs, sailboats, or swimmers, but that might be our beach-centered view of the world. it's stll cool and gmv

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Summer vacuums...

Nice details. My skeeter is jealous. Considering its one of the ideas Woot threw out there I dont think anyone can claim ownership...

Foo228

great idea, anewleaf

seems a bit too intricate, then again I'm not sure as a person isn't wearing it

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
MKugs wrote:How did you get the great faded/vintage look?

Photoshop, photoshop, photoshop. Specifically, I desaturated and jacked up the contrast on a tree bark photo (any photo of anything with vertical texture will do). Then I deleted out its white areas, leaving just black texture, which I selectively copied and pasted over the samurai and his stuff.

Thanks

Robbie

Foo228

great concept, I just wish it didn't scream girls-only to me

fillengroovy

superspryte wrote:Stop deleting the stuff in the message box so we know what you're talking about please.

Love it! GMV

Foo228

Re: Melting Freeze Pops

lovin' it

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Oh Burned!!!

I love this, and it's on my favorite color, and I've yet to score an orange WOOT shirt. Okay everyone, give JadenKale's marshmellows some love.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
theghotiman wrote:I see a monkey, a ninja, and a man pointing at his erection. That can't be right, can it?

I see an angry midget, a baseball batter, and a cowboy with a gun handle hanging out of his pants. They're just clouds, you can see whatever you want.

uncgump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uncgump
Re: Summertime at the beach

i like this a lot, but i'd shrink the image a bit, as others have said.